Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Question Lumber Liquidators - yay or nay?

We need to do some renovations in our home. DH and I have been browsing/shopping around for a few months and have finally found potential new flooring for our bathrooms and kitchen at Lumber Liquidators. We haven't ordered anything yet; we just love the look of these two particular floor samples better than anything we've seen at Home Depot or Lowe's.

However, since our shopping excursion last weekend, I've been looking online and finding a mixed bag of reviews of Lumber Liquidators as a business. It seems like for every favorable review, there's an equally bad one. Some reviews are about the products and some are about the customer service.

If you've dealt with Lumber Liquidators, would you mind sharing your experience with them? I'd like to know the good, the bad, and anything in between. Please help DH and me decide if we should order from them with confidence, proceed with caution, or stay far, far away.
My Blog ~ Thinking of Inking
My SCS Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Google is your friend

Lumber Liquidators Reviews - lumberliquidators.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

http://www.google.com/search?site=&s...hp.VBL-i0E785k

With these reviews I would stick with Lowes or Home Depot Or a Specialty Flooring Shop as I never even heard of Lumber Liquidators, Just My Opinion

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.

Last edited by lesliespringer; 07-03-2013 at 07:59 AM..
Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to calgramma Send a message via MSN to calgramma

I've had no dealings directly with LL, but my contractor said that they are not the best to deal with. Because they are a liquidator, sometimes, if you order enough to do your project and then sometime down the road, you need to replace a piece....they may not have it and you have to start over.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliespringer View Post
Google is your friend

Lumber Liquidators Reviews - lumberliquidators.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

http://www.google.com/search?site=&s...hp.VBL-i0E785k

With these reviews I would stick with Lowes or Home Depot Or a Specialty Flooring Shop as I never even heard of Lumber Liquidators, Just My Opinion
Yes, as I mentioned in my original post, I found several similar sites to what you've linked. I was just hoping to get "real person" reviews from other SCSers.

It's hard for me to mentally balance seeing this store referenced on several home remodeling shows on TV with the online reviews that contain unsubstantiated claims that the store is prejudiced against certain groups of people, or that are heavily laden with asterisks. (One review actually consisted solely of something to the extent of "word for a woman. not as bad as *** but worse than ***" repeated about 10 times. I'm sorry, but I can't take that too seriously, kwim?)

Thanks anyway, Leslie. I know you were trying to help.
My SCS Gallery

Last edited by PH in VA; 07-03-2013 at 12:58 PM..
Old 07-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

We got the flooring for our basement there (and some replacement flooring 6 months later) about 2 year ago with no problems at all. We just picked it up and dh installed it so I don't know how they are at installation (if they even offer that service?). I'd order from them again if a need arose.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
Matboard Maniac

My husband, a commercial carpenter, and son, not a commercial carpenter but a great helper, installed wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators in 2008. This room is used very often and we chose a soft pine, I know, I know, for a distressed look. It was just what we wanted and we had no problems with installation or wear. I would use them again.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
Band Mom

Thank you for your input, misse336, Jeanne and Jeri. I'm still undecided, but your opinions do help.
My SCS Gallery
Old 07-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
Mad Swapper

We built a new house in 2010/2011. We got all of our wood flooring for the main floor at Lumber Liquidators. My husband ordered some samples online and then we picked from those. He called the closest store to order and I'm not sure if he had it delivered or we picked it up there. But my hubby and his father installed it. We had no problems whatsoever. We got all Bellawood brand flooring, which is prefinished and has a 50 year guarantee. The only rooms that don't have Bellawood are my daughter's, she picked bamboo from our samples and it's doing wonderful!! And our bathrooms and laundry/side entrance, we put porcelain tiles in those areas.
My Stampin' Up! site
My Origami Owl site