In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default LetAnything but PINK!

I'm not a girly-girl so pink is verboten in my house (unless it's roses). Also goes for mauve and most pastels.

What colors are your favs or not so favs? Any color you won't use?

Same for furniture styles, accessories, etc.

Well carp. Tried to change the thread title to Let's Play House and something went ca-flouey.

Whatever. Let's play!

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
jor
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 29,168
Default

I must be the exact opposite of you! I love pinks and blues and soft colors. My house is mostly decorated in blues/whites/with pink thrown in.

I would generally say I'm not a brown person. Not fond of the earth tones. However, I've been using a LOT of Chocolate Chip cardstock lately. I've had to order it twice in the last year. For masculine cards it is my go-to.

I am not really into the bold, bright colors. Occasionally, around summertime I'll head for those colors, but I rarely use them.

What colors do you decorate in Rainsong? Oh my "style" for decorating is probably best described as cottage.
__________________
Joanne Ryder
jor is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post

What colors do you decorate in Rainsong? Oh my "style" for decorating is probably best described as cottage.
LOL! All the colors you don't! Earth tones, bold colors.

Dining room is deep rust; living room is antique gold; kitchen looks cream but is really a pale peach. The sage green of the cabinets bleach out the peach and make the paint appear cream.

Den is deep peach; bedroom is a summer green--deeper than mint but not as dark as moss. Craft room is gray--ugh. Color was chosen by oldest DD who, the minute the paint dried, decided to move. Bathroom is cream top with wainscoting but accent color is poppy red/orange. And my office would horrify you. It's painted "Burnt Cumin" with a ragged finish in walnut. The intent was to hang turquoise and peach cafe curtains (to go with a wallpaper border I found) but somehow, I've never gotten around to making them.

Maybe in my next life.

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Stampin' Fool
 
NancyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ocean County, N.J.
Posts: 1,273
Default

We had a pink bathroom. Think Pepto pink! It's gone now and not missed. It was replaced by white with hunter green accents. Easy to clean and with dark green grout, there's no problem.
NancyJ is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
jor
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 29,168
Default

Nancy - I would detest a pink bathroom. My parents have a green/gray bathroom (think the late 50s) and Mom has always hated it. Friends of ours bought a house built around the same time. They had the same fixtures, but in pink. ICK.
__________________
Joanne Ryder
jor is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Mad Swapper
 
RockerChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: somewhere betwixt heaven and hell
Posts: 1,993
Default

I'm with you no pink. Though I do have a soft spot for Fuschia scarves not walls.

I prefer to decorate with natural wall colors and furniture and spend my colors in the accents used to decorate. Makes it so much easier and less expensive if I decide to no longer like teal.

Most of my home has reds, oranges, teals, and yellow accents right now. There are hints of greens as well though.

Our new house I haven't even begun to think about decorating. Right now I'm doing good just to have the master closet figured out. Well almost figured out.
__________________
Take exception to what I have to say, but please do not attribute false statements to what I've said. RockerChick
RockerChick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
NavyWyf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southeastern Kentucky
Posts: 8,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
And my office would horrify you. It's painted "Burnt Cumin" with a ragged finish in walnut. The intent was to hang turquoise and peach cafe curtains (to go with a wallpaper border I found) but somehow, I've never gotten around to making them.
WOW No wonder you like David Bromstat!! The colors sound gorgeous together, but I'd prolly do it on a card.


Our main floor has an ice cream theme - but unintentionally!

My Studio is "Neopolitan." Pink (Pirouette), Brown (Close to Cocoa), and off White. Our dining room is Mint Chocolate Chip - Light green (Pear Pizzazz-ish) and Brown (Close to Cocoa). The kitchen is Turkish Coffee - two very nice and light complimentary tones in brown. The only room on this level we haven't painted yet is the living room. We were going to paint it like the kitchen, but my WMWH was thinking maybe something with blue. Is there a blue ice cream? Not light and fluffy cloud/sky girly blue, not not quite the Taken With Teal neon blue. Something inbetween!

Jor, I think we have the same color palette "likes."

One thing I'd love to upgrade here is the sound system. There's a huge brown box on the kitchen wall that has a cassette player and a radio in it, it's wired to our bedroom, all through the main floor and the media room in the basement. It's really nice to listen to, but we have almost no cassettes anymore! Our radio channel selection is really tough, because of all the hills around us. I would love to upgrade that to a micro disk or something. I put a tall chair under it and plug in one of those cassette adapters to play Christmas CD's in the winter, but don't use it nearly enough. Whoever had the house built had it installed circa 1980 and it hasn't been updated since!
__________________
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
NavyWyf is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Erin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Costco
Posts: 22,188
Default

I don't like earth tones.

I use a ton of white, then turquoise, black, red.

I have this awesome (to me) original baseboard trim that is a medium wood tone. I love it, but all my design friends HATE it. I have to knock them back out of the house with a broom sometimes, all coming at me with white paint. It was actually a selling feature for me. I think it makes the home feel homier.

I painted an accent wall that has my huge brick fireplace recently. I wanted dark turquoise, but I got Jacksonville Jaguars Teal. Which DH loves as we are in Jacksonville, and it's like I did the living over in football. *sigh*

My bathroom is tiffany blue and I love it. Oh I have a lot of yellow walls from a few years ago when I loved yellow walls the best. They don't offend me, but I'm over it.
__________________
My Blog My Gallery All dog's feet smell like Fritos. I know you don't believe me, go check... See, I told you so.
Erin K is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #9
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin K View Post
I don't like earth tones.

I use a ton of white, then turquoise, black, red.

I have this awesome (to me) original baseboard trim that is a medium wood tone. I love it, but all my design friends HATE it. I have to knock them back out of the house with a broom sometimes, all coming at me with white paint. It was actually a selling feature for me. I think it makes the home feel homier.

I painted an accent wall that has my huge brick fireplace recently. I wanted dark turquoise, but I got Jacksonville Jaguars Teal. Which DH loves as we are in Jacksonville, and it's like I did the living over in football. *sigh*

My bathroom is tiffany blue and I love it. Oh I have a lot of yellow walls from a few years ago when I loved yellow walls the best. They don't offend me, but I'm over it.
I still love yellow--and orange. My last kitchen was orange, as in pumpkin orange. Not quite the color I picked out but that's how it turned out on the walls.

This kitchen has been yellow twice but the color wouldn't work with our new counters. Finding a color to go with them and the green my husband chose for the cabinets about drove me bonkers. Plain cream with the sage cabinets just looked drab and rather "hospital basement" to me. So, I went for a pale peach that ended up looking cream due to the sage influence. It's very strange.

If we manage to get the downstairs bath done (dh put the drywall up over the weekend), it will be a medium teal to go with the wallpaper I mentioned in talking about my office.

About my office--the bathroom was already IN my office, thus turning a rectangular room into an L shaped room. The short "leg" of the room now has an arched ceiling (albeit, not yet finished) because I wanted my reading nook and the room itself to resemble a Gypsy vardo (wagon). As a result, the bathroom sports a chandelier (a cheapie one from Lowe's) with amber and crystal (fake) beading. The wallpaper looks like a silk brocade with peach, turquoise, brown and gold flowers. Gaudy--nope. It's all slightly muted. Almost like Tim Holtz stopped by with gallons of white Distress Stain to tone it all down.

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWyf View Post
WOW No wonder you like David Bromstat!! The colors sound gorgeous together, but I'd prolly do it on a card.


Our main floor has an ice cream theme - but unintentionally!

My Studio is "Neopolitan." Pink (Pirouette), Brown (Close to Cocoa), and off White. Our dining room is Mint Chocolate Chip - Light green (Pear Pizzazz-ish) and Brown (Close to Cocoa). The kitchen is Turkish Coffee - two very nice and light complimentary tones in brown. The only room on this level we haven't painted yet is the living room. We were going to paint it like the kitchen, but my WMWH was thinking maybe something with blue. Is there a blue ice cream? Not light and fluffy cloud/sky girly blue, not not quite the Taken With Teal neon blue. Something inbetween!

Jor, I think we have the same color palette "likes."

One thing I'd love to upgrade here is the sound system. There's a huge brown box on the kitchen wall that has a cassette player and a radio in it, it's wired to our bedroom, all through the main floor and the media room in the basement. It's really nice to listen to, but we have almost no cassettes anymore! Our radio channel selection is really tough, because of all the hills around us. I would love to upgrade that to a micro disk or something. I put a tall chair under it and plug in one of those cassette adapters to play Christmas CD's in the winter, but don't use it nearly enough. Whoever had the house built had it installed circa 1980 and it hasn't been updated since!
Since the living room and dining room meld into one another and the kitchen doorway is a bit over-sized, I tried to choose colors that worked together. The house is old with most rooms having doors to close them off but not the living room and dining room. Six foot wide doorway between the two and the kitchen doorway is four foot wide.

I tried using three shades of from the yellow family (same paint chip) but it looked boring and horrible. So, we went with the deep rust to break up the (then) yellow family and it worked.

We gave up on listening to the radio before 6 A.M. and after 5 P.M. Too far out of town (we're only four miles!) for the signal to reach us. Local stations are limited on their megahertz (?) in restricted times.
Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
Mad Swapper
 
RockerChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: somewhere betwixt heaven and hell
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin K View Post
I don't like earth tones.

I use a ton of white, then turquoise, black, red.

I have this awesome (to me) original baseboard trim that is a medium wood tone. I love it, but all my design friends HATE it. I have to knock them back out of the house with a broom sometimes, all coming at me with white paint. It was actually a selling feature for me. I think it makes the home feel homier.

I painted an accent wall that has my huge brick fireplace recently. I wanted dark turquoise, but I got Jacksonville Jaguars Teal. Which DH loves as we are in Jacksonville, and it's like I did the living over in football. *sigh*

My bathroom is tiffany blue and I love it. Oh I have a lot of yellow walls from a few years ago when I loved yellow walls the best. They don't offend me, but I'm over it.
Are you married to my brother? lol Your color scheme sounds like my sil. They have a gorgeous home and every time I go there she has done something else that tops whatever she did the last time.

One of our houses had med brown woodwork that I loved, but the house was older and the wood work was old world. When my sister came to visit she gave me her input about painting it all, in one in and out the other. It was beautiful and I just couldn't do it. Our new house will have all white trim and doors, much like our house now. It's new though and doesn't come close to the craftmanship of the other house.

You enjoy your brown trim!
__________________
Take exception to what I have to say, but please do not attribute false statements to what I've said. RockerChick
RockerChick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
NavyWyf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southeastern Kentucky
Posts: 8,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
I still love yellow--and orange. My last kitchen was orange, as in pumpkin orange. Not quite the color I picked out but that's how it turned out on the walls.

This kitchen has been yellow twice but the color wouldn't work with our new counters. Finding a color to go with them and the green my husband chose for the cabinets about drove me bonkers. Plain cream with the sage cabinets just looked drab and rather "hospital basement" to me. So, I went for a pale peach that ended up looking cream due to the sage influence. It's very strange.

If we manage to get the downstairs bath done (dh put the drywall up over the weekend), it will be a medium teal to go with the wallpaper I mentioned in talking about my office.

About my office--the bathroom was already IN my office, thus turning a rectangular room into an L shaped room. The short "leg" of the room now has an arched ceiling (albeit, not yet finished) because I wanted my reading nook and the room itself to resemble a Gypsy vardo (wagon). As a result, the bathroom sports a chandelier (a cheapie one from Lowe's) with amber and crystal (fake) beading. The wallpaper looks like a silk brocade with peach, turquoise, brown and gold flowers. Gaudy--nope. It's all slightly muted. Almost like Tim Holtz stopped by with gallons of white Distress Stain to tone it all down.

Rainsong
The office and bathroom sound beautiful!! I'd love a chandelier in the bathroom - very elegant!

We have a 1/2 bath here on the main floor and it was covered in really busy wallpaper. We haven't done anything with it yet, not sure how to work with it. It's really tiny, more like a water closet! It has a very old fashioned style pedestal sink (cream-ish color) and the wallpaper is a very dark cream with a LOT of really light red/dark pink scrolls all over it. That will probably be the last thing we tackle, there's not much room in there and I dread taking down all that wallpaper!

This home already had all the stainless steel appliances, and a wall oven. That's kind of tough for me because while I can cook a turkey, if I have one cooking that's ALL I can cook! It's small. But there's an island with a stovetop so when I've got something hot in the oven I can stir the stovetop stuff and not feel like my legs are burning. I DO like that a lot!

I bet the peach with the sage is pretty! Funny that the peach looks like cream because of the cabinets...we had the same thing happen with different colors. Our bathroom has Grey and Mauve walls (just recently finished) and a lot of black accents. The grey looks like Almost Amethyst because of the other colors bouncing off. I love it!
__________________
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
NavyWyf is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
NavyWyf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southeastern Kentucky
Posts: 8,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin K View Post
I don't like earth tones.

I use a ton of white, then turquoise, black, red.

I have this awesome (to me) original baseboard trim that is a medium wood tone. I love it, but all my design friends HATE it. I have to knock them back out of the house with a broom sometimes, all coming at me with white paint. It was actually a selling feature for me. I think it makes the home feel homier.

I painted an accent wall that has my huge brick fireplace recently. I wanted dark turquoise, but I got Jacksonville Jaguars Teal. Which DH loves as we are in Jacksonville, and it's like I did the living over in football. *sigh*

My bathroom is tiffany blue and I love it. Oh I have a lot of yellow walls from a few years ago when I loved yellow walls the best. They don't offend me, but I'm over it.
I think the dark wood baseboards are beautiful!! Funny about the Jax Jaguars - we talked about the Dolphins colors at one time, Turquoise and Orange. But we both need softer colors to relax in.

Our girls have bright neon rooms! One has Only Orange (the older retired BRIGHT orange!) with Gable Green, in slightly darker form than the SU color, and some turquoise highlights. We told the children that since this is the first time they ALL have their own rooms, they can pick the decor. It's way too bright for me, but it looks really nice and they love it. Our youngest has that same bright green and a blue that isn't quite turquoise. Almost, just not quite. Our son didn't care about color so it's all still the neutral cream color. He got his own bathroom, his own entry to the house and a private porch. Oh, and his room is attached to the media room - we have joked that he may never leave! Our youngest thinks it will be her room next year when he's away at college, but I don't think that's going to happen!!
__________________
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
NavyWyf is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWyf View Post
The office and bathroom sound beautiful!! I'd love a chandelier in the bathroom - very elegant!

We have a 1/2 bath here on the main floor and it was covered in really busy wallpaper. We haven't done anything with it yet, not sure how to work with it. It's really tiny, more like a water closet! It has a very old fashioned style pedestal sink (cream-ish color) and the wallpaper is a very dark cream with a LOT of really light red/dark pink scrolls all over it. That will probably be the last thing we tackle, there's not much room in there and I dread taking down all that wallpaper!

This home already had all the stainless steel appliances, and a wall oven. That's kind of tough for me because while I can cook a turkey, if I have one cooking that's ALL I can cook! It's small. But there's an island with a stovetop so when I've got something hot in the oven I can stir the stovetop stuff and not feel like my legs are burning. I DO like that a lot!

I bet the peach with the sage is pretty! Funny that the peach looks like cream because of the cabinets...we had the same thing happen with different colors. Our bathroom has Grey and Mauve walls (just recently finished) and a lot of black accents. The grey looks like Almost Amethyst because of the other colors bouncing off. I love it!
Colors do weird things depending on what they're up against.

I don't know if you ever watched Debbie Travis' The Painted House, but she did an episode where she painted a bedroom two-toned blue. Where the two colors intersected, she stenciled a vine pattern in a different shade. The weirdness was that the color appeared to be two different colors on those two shades of blue, yet the entire thing was stenciled in the same color.

Loved her shows along with Decorating Cents, Carol Duvall and Surprise by Design and hate they are all gone.

My countertop is called floresta verde. There are crystalline inclusions that in some light looks sage green and in others a teal blue. The other colors are a coppery rust, deep brown all against a black background. Goes great with my copper faucets. Would have loved to have had a copper sink but that wasn't in our budget.

Oh, the bathroom downstairs is only a half bath but large. It's just laid out all wrong, including the placement inside my office. Would rather it had been off the basement landing and butting into my office, if that makes sense. It would have been more easily accessible to the rest of the downstairs. Too late now.

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #15
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerChick View Post
Are you married to my brother? lol Your color scheme sounds like my sil. They have a gorgeous home and every time I go there she has done something else that tops whatever she did the last time.

One of our houses had med brown woodwork that I loved, but the house was older and the wood work was old world. When my sister came to visit she gave me her input about painting it all, in one in and out the other. It was beautiful and I just couldn't do it. Our new house will have all white trim and doors, much like our house now. It's new though and doesn't come close to the craftmanship of the other house.

You enjoy your brown trim!
It's funny, but I've lived in houses where we stripped the woodwork of all the paint and loved the oak beneath. But I've also lived in houses where all the trim has been painted and loved it too.

What I don't like is the old-fashioned rubber baseboards they put in bathrooms back in the fifties and sixties. Well, that and the very narrow woodwork. To me, it just looks cheap. Dh hates it too and has taken the time to build proper woodwork above all the kitchen windows, the laundry room, the pantry and the windows in the dining room. Now if he could just level the house so the ceiling looked straight! LOL!

It's a wonky old place but we love it.

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #16
jor
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 29,168
Default

When we moved into this house, all the woodwork was stained a dark, dark brown. It had not been finished properly though and just looked awful. It took awhile but we painted all the woodwork in the house. I had blue for awhile and it looked nice. But the last time we painted the living room, I decided I didn't like it anymore. We just painted the living room trim white and added crown molding. I love it! The living room has a very fresh, cottagey feel to it now. Now it is time to move on to the hallway and then the kitchen and then the bathroom - you all know how it works! We're going to do wainscoting in the hallway, too.

My craft room is a bright, sunny, beautiful yellow with white trim. Hubby built in bookshelves for me, too! They are painted white also. I love it!
__________________
Joanne Ryder
jor is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,636
Default

Well here you are! Just checking in to it shows up in my subs tomorrow - hopefully will catch up then!
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MadgeRPh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Just Relaxxin!
Posts: 11,315
Default

No color is off limits in my house except avocado!! Gives me 70's flashbacks!

That being said, my of my colors are neutral. I did have my kitchen re-painted this past Summer and the painter has great color ideas. I did a celery green (think SU Certainly Celery) and a yellow shade in the adjoining laundry room, powder room and alcove. I love it!!!
__________________
There is nothing so simple that I can't complicate it.
MadgeRPh is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #19
Mad Swapper
 
RockerChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: somewhere betwixt heaven and hell
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
About my office--the bathroom was already IN my office, thus turning a rectangular room into an L shaped room. The short "leg" of the room now has an arched ceiling (albeit, not yet finished) because I wanted my reading nook and the room itself to resemble a Gypsy vardo (wagon). As a result, the bathroom sports a chandelier (a cheapie one from Lowe's) with amber and crystal (fake) beading. The wallpaper looks like a silk brocade with peach, turquoise, brown and gold flowers. Gaudy--nope. It's all slightly muted. Almost like Tim Holtz stopped by with gallons of white Distress Stain to tone it all down.

Rainsong
You simply must post pics of this room. I picture it as being Ahmazing and decadent. Would also really love to see that wallpaper as well. Please!
__________________
Take exception to what I have to say, but please do not attribute false statements to what I've said. RockerChick
RockerChick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #20
Mad Swapper
 
RockerChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: somewhere betwixt heaven and hell
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
It's funny, but I've lived in houses where we stripped the woodwork of all the paint and loved the oak beneath. But I've also lived in houses where all the trim has been painted and loved it too.

What I don't like is the old-fashioned rubber baseboards they put in bathrooms back in the fifties and sixties. Well, that and the very narrow woodwork. To me, it just looks cheap. Dh hates it too and has taken the time to build proper woodwork above all the kitchen windows, the laundry room, the pantry and the windows in the dining room. Now if he could just level the house so the ceiling looked straight! LOL!

It's a wonky old place but we love it.

Rainsong
Yuck!!! Rubber baseboards we agree on that for certain!

I'm pretty disgruntled with our house now because upstairs we have 5 1/4 baseboards and crown molding in the main living areas. For some reason which I don't quite understand the builders around here use teeny tiny baseboards in all the other areas and no crown. Every single house we looked at up to $750K were the same way. I don't know but if I'm spending that kind of money I want more bang for the buck.

Something else they are big on in these parts is laminate flooring. It's really hard to find a home that has wood floors or tile, real tile not sticky tile. People here think laminate is better.

Luckily we are building and getting what we want, when we first talked to builders here they tried to discourage us from using what we wanted. Telling us it was a waste of money and would cost more and why would we want tile floors, nobody does that. It was like we were wasting our breath. You would have thought that we were building their dream home not ours.
__________________
Take exception to what I have to say, but please do not attribute false statements to what I've said. RockerChick
RockerChick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,636
Default

Oh wow! Well here goes

One bedroom is Navy walls with white trim - chosen by eldest.
One bedroom is powder blue (not changed since live here) with antiqued blue trimwork
One bedroom is Tiffany blue - chosen by youngest.

Living room is creamy gold/peach that came out a bit too fake vanilla ice cream but its on there now.

The kitchen is the next project. We have walnut stained cabinets and solid surface counters with stainless steel appliances. We also had the lighting updated to potlights and under cabinet lighting. So the room needs to be repaired and decorated. My issue is I would like to put tile between the cabinets and the countertop but I had the back lip put in and now I'm not certain it would look ok. So that has been the hold up as tile isn't cheap.

We also have a major overhaul of an addition in the works - It just wasn't constructed properly. I dread to think what is going to be uncovered.

Bathrooms are fairly neutral and need to be updated but they have WHITE toilets and tubs with solid surface (whitish) counters.

I love solid surface and that there are no joins between the sink and the counter - easy peasy cleaning.

Oh and our basement is dark stained barn wood so it really is cavelike!
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerChick View Post
Yuck!!! Rubber baseboards we agree on that for certain!

I'm pretty disgruntled with our house now because upstairs we have 5 1/4 baseboards and crown molding in the main living areas. For some reason which I don't quite understand the builders around here use teeny tiny baseboards in all the other areas and no crown. Every single house we looked at up to $750K were the same way. I don't know but if I'm spending that kind of money I want more bang for the buck.

Something else they are big on in these parts is laminate flooring. It's really hard to find a home that has wood floors or tile, real tile not sticky tile. People here think laminate is better.

Luckily we are building and getting what we want, when we first talked to builders here they tried to discourage us from using what we wanted. Telling us it was a waste of money and would cost more and why would we want tile floors, nobody does that. It was like we were wasting our breath. You would have thought that we were building their dream home not ours.
Glad you are sticking to your guns. Basically they are going with builders grade on things.

I wouldn't want laminate anything in a house of that value.
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #23
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerChick View Post
You simply must post pics of this room. I picture it as being Ahmazing and decadent. Would also really love to see that wallpaper as well. Please!
If and when the room is ever finished, I'll post pictures.

As we speak, dh is in the bathroom finishing screwing in the drywall. His running commentary is akin to the father in the basement in The Christmas Story. @%$#^&!!!

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #24
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerChick View Post
Yuck!!! Rubber baseboards we agree on that for certain!

I'm pretty disgruntled with our house now because upstairs we have 5 1/4 baseboards and crown molding in the main living areas. For some reason which I don't quite understand the builders around here use teeny tiny baseboards in all the other areas and no crown. Every single house we looked at up to $750K were the same way. I don't know but if I'm spending that kind of money I want more bang for the buck.

Something else they are big on in these parts is laminate flooring. It's really hard to find a home that has wood floors or tile, real tile not sticky tile. People here think laminate is better.

Luckily we are building and getting what we want, when we first talked to builders here they tried to discourage us from using what we wanted. Telling us it was a waste of money and would cost more and why would we want tile floors, nobody does that. It was like we were wasting our breath. You would have thought that we were building their dream home not ours.
I don't get it. Laminate is nothing more than a photograph of wood covered with a clear coat. It will only maintain its looks until the clear finish deteriorates.

Wood, on the other hand, lasts many lifetimes, and if produced at a decent thickness, can be refinished several times if necessary.

Tile is pretty. A friend of mine has tile flooring in her kitchen but I wouldn't want to stand on it for long periods of time. Hard on the back and legs.

Planning a house and decor from scratch sounds like fun. Dh and I have a tendency to "recycle and refresh" older houses. Our entire married lives we've been "under construction!"

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #25
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post

Bathrooms are fairly neutral and need to be updated but they have WHITE toilets and tubs with solid surface (whitish) counters.
Toilets. Ye gods and little fishes. WHO designs those things?

Most of the ones available around here have the snake-like plumbing lines practically embossed on the outside. Know what I mean? I detest cleaning the outside of the toilet due to all the curves and indentations. Drives me batty.

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #26
Hardware Hotshot
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,878
Default

Our house was built in the year between DH's and my birth, 1955. It has hardwood throughout the living areas. The exception is the kitchen, it has awful green press tile. Our living room and dining room connect with the large open doorway similar to Rainsong's decription.

Mahogany baseboard throughout and trim along the ceilings and open doorways.

Kitchen was painted what we thought would be sand, it has an orange cast but since the decorations have a southwest theme, it works.

Most of our furniture is Mission style oak. The dining room is more country and the living room is Southwest. The den is tongue and groove pine and is a Harley theme.

The bedrooms have maroon carpet I hate, and will one day be converted back to hardwood. The smaller bedroom is bright yellow, The larger is a pale grey. When we repaint the yellow bedroom will be lighter, probably just whitewash it some. Not sure what color the larger bedroom will be, maybe lilac or a purple to match the curtains I made that are batiked in oranges and purples.

The office has prints and artwork from places we've been or lived. Its in earthtones.

Every room is a different part or phase of our lives, not really decorated, more grown
__________________
Denise

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
ceramicat1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
Pearl-ExPert
 
Breezy929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,612
Default

I should try to find the pics of our house's bathroom, it was red. Red sink, red toilet, red tub. Red!
__________________
My crafty blog.
My Gallery
Breezy929 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy929 View Post
I should try to find the pics of our house's bathroom, it was red. Red sink, red toilet, red tub. Red!
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #29
Mad Swapper
 
RockerChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: somewhere betwixt heaven and hell
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy929 View Post
I should try to find the pics of our house's bathroom, it was red. Red sink, red toilet, red tub. Red!
And a bottle of Rum.
__________________
Take exception to what I have to say, but please do not attribute false statements to what I've said. RockerChick
RockerChick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #30
Mad Swapper
 
RockerChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: somewhere betwixt heaven and hell
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
I don't get it. Laminate is nothing more than a photograph of wood covered with a clear coat. It will only maintain its looks until the clear finish deteriorates.

Wood, on the other hand, lasts many lifetimes, and if produced at a decent thickness, can be refinished several times if necessary.

Tile is pretty. A friend of mine has tile flooring in her kitchen but I wouldn't want to stand on it for long periods of time. Hard on the back and legs.

Planning a house and decor from scratch sounds like fun. Dh and I have a tendency to "recycle and refresh" older houses. Our entire married lives we've been "under construction!"

Rainsong
I know the arguments for it made my head spin. We are actually looking at putting in Travertine tile in the new house, that's when eyeballs fell out of sockets and mouths dropped. We have slate flooring now and I just have padded floor mats for the areas I stand in. It really isn't bad standing on them, and lets face it I'm not much of a cook anyway.


We have always rehabbed homes until now. This home we really didn't do as much as we were planning on. When my husband and I looked at moving we talked and I just decided that I'm too old to do it anymore. lol So we are building new from the ground up. It's a lot to take in but not as much work as diying.

My husband would have rather had a project home but I just can't take it anymore.
__________________
Take exception to what I have to say, but please do not attribute false statements to what I've said. RockerChick
RockerChick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #31
Mad Swapper
 
RockerChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: somewhere betwixt heaven and hell
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
Glad you are sticking to your guns. Basically they are going with builders grade on things.

I wouldn't want laminate anything in a house of that value.
Yeah, we couldn't believe it. ftr We weren't even interested in the $750k home we just were curious what you could get at that price. Shocking to know it was only 1700 sq ft more and no upgrades.
__________________
Take exception to what I have to say, but please do not attribute false statements to what I've said. RockerChick
RockerChick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #32
Mad Swapper
 
RockerChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: somewhere betwixt heaven and hell
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
Oh wow! Well here goes

One bedroom is Navy walls with white trim - chosen by eldest.
One bedroom is powder blue (not changed since live here) with antiqued blue trimwork
One bedroom is Tiffany blue - chosen by youngest.

Living room is creamy gold/peach that came out a bit too fake vanilla ice cream but its on there now.

The kitchen is the next project. We have walnut stained cabinets and solid surface counters with stainless steel appliances. We also had the lighting updated to potlights and under cabinet lighting. So the room needs to be repaired and decorated. My issue is I would like to put tile between the cabinets and the countertop but I had the back lip put in and now I'm not certain it would look ok. So that has been the hold up as tile isn't cheap.
We also have a major overhaul of an addition in the works - It just wasn't constructed properly. I dread to think what is going to be uncovered.

Bathrooms are fairly neutral and need to be updated but they have WHITE toilets and tubs with solid surface (whitish) counters.

I love solid surface and that there are no joins between the sink and the counter - easy peasy cleaning.

Oh and our basement is dark stained barn wood so it really is cavelike!
What do you mean by "back lip" are you talking about a piece of granite that meets the countertop but doesn't go up the entire space. We have that in this house and then have tile from that point to the cabinets. It's looks really nice and our realtor has had nothing but complements on it.

This is similar to what we have.
__________________
Take exception to what I have to say, but please do not attribute false statements to what I've said. RockerChick
RockerChick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #33
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Backsplash.

I opted for none. Just another dust catcher. Instead, we are using 1/2 decorative wood trim to compensate for uneven walls--straight cut countertop. It's another one of those projects I'm not too sure we'll ever get done, but if we do, the trim will be painted copper to go with the faucets and counter.

Oh the plans that get put on hold when life intervenes.

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #34
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerChick View Post
I know the arguments for it made my head spin. We are actually looking at putting in Travertine tile in the new house, that's when eyeballs fell out of sockets and mouths dropped. We have slate flooring now and I just have padded floor mats for the areas I stand in. It really isn't bad standing on them, and lets face it I'm not much of a cook anyway.


We have always rehabbed homes until now. This home we really didn't do as much as we were planning on. When my husband and I looked at moving we talked and I just decided that I'm too old to do it anymore. lol So we are building new from the ground up. It's a lot to take in but not as much work as diying.

My husband would have rather had a project home but I just can't take it anymore.
Yeah, but you're probably a lot younger than me! My legs and back just could not stand on that stuff because there is no give at all.

Tell your hubby you'll find plenty of projects for him--put in a garden, then a water garden, landscape the yard, decide after you're done you want central vac and he's to install it, change your mind about the wall color choices... .

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #35
Mad Swapper
 
RockerChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: somewhere betwixt heaven and hell
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
Yeah, but you're probably a lot younger than me! My legs and back just could not stand on that stuff because there is no give at all.

Tell your hubby you'll find plenty of projects for him--put in a garden, then a water garden, landscape the yard, decide after you're done you want central vac and he's to install it, change your mind about the wall color choices... .

Rainsong
LOL
__________________
Take exception to what I have to say, but please do not attribute false statements to what I've said. RockerChick
RockerChick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,636
Default

Thanks for the Pic! Yes! that's it and it looks great. When I had it the guy said if we were going to tile not to, but I had tile straight to my counter in my last kitchen remodel and I was always a bit concerned about the seal between the counter and the tile and if it was holding...

I'm messy and OCD in the kitchen I like to wipe down A LOT so I need things properly sealed not just normal person sealed LOL!
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #37
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,636
Default

BTW - I guess my microwave has died. my mother used it to reheat a sweet potato we heard a bang, the door flung open, the kitchen paper around the potato was on fire. The microwave plate was cracked.

Today I was trying to clean it and I heated vinegar and I was just wiping down the stove and the microwave banged and the door flung open and hit me in the head.

I'm thinking a new microwave is cheaper than the emergency room at this rate. Any thoughts?
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong

Last edited by RiverIsis; 02-14-2013 at 04:53 PM..
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #38
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 29,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
BTW - I guess my microwave has died. my mother used it to reheat a sweet potato we heard a bang, the door flung open, the kitchen paper around the potato was on fire. The microwave plate was cracked.

Today I was trying to clean it and I heated vinegar and I was just wiping down the stove and the microwave banged and the door flung open and hit me in the head.

I'm thinking a new microwave is cheaper than the emergency room at this rate. Any thoughts?
Your microwave is Gibb's slapping you upside the head and you aren't sure whether you need a new one or not? (Oh, wait. Not sure you're an NCIS fan...)

Yes, dear. Buy a new microwave. Much less expensive than the emergency room.

Rainsong
__________________
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,636
Default

Don't watch NCIS (just haven't caught up with it) but I do know who Gibbs is. I have a friend who is called Gibbs at his work. LOL.
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #40
Mad Swapper
 
RockerChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: somewhere betwixt heaven and hell
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
BTW - I guess my microwave has died. my mother used it to reheat a sweet potato we heard a bang, the door flung open, the kitchen paper around the potato was on fire. The microwave plate was cracked.

Today I was trying to clean it and I heated vinegar and I was just wiping down the stove and the microwave banged and the door flung open and hit me in the head.

I'm thinking a new microwave is cheaper than the emergency room at this rate. Any thoughts?
Maybe your microwave just doesn't like what you're feeding it?
__________________
Take exception to what I have to say, but please do not attribute false statements to what I've said. RockerChick
RockerChick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off