Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
Crimping Master

Default I am bringing a meal to a family of five on Sunday! Need ideas!!!

I am taking a meal to a family of five on Sunday. I need suggestions!!! Our church is about 1/2 drive from our house. We are serving in the nursery during first service and attending the second service. Since the family we are bringing the meal to lives very close to the church, I will keep the meal in the church fridge and deliver it on our way home.

I really need suggestions on what to bring (recipes would be great too!) .... I have no idea about likes/dislikes. No allergies were mentioned. Our budget is pretty tight right now. I would love to bring two meals if possible (one to eat that day, one to save for later).
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me Strength" Phillipians 4:13
Proud mommy of 4 girls & 2 angel babies
Always in my heart... 1-4-10 & 4-24-10
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to basurok

I think baked ziti would go over really well. You can slightly precook the pasta and then mix with sauce..top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. If you want to add more ingredients you could add mushrooms, olives or cooked hamburger or sausage. Serve with garlic bread. Slice Italian bread in half...spread each half with butter or margarine and then lightly sprinkle with garlic and onion powders. You can also add some dried parsley and/or paprika for a bit of color.

You could also make goulash, spaghetti pie, beef and noodles, or stroganoff. Pasta and Rice are easy to make ahead and warm up and it is cheap.

Then there is chili or soup too. They are good warm and filling meals to make. If the folks don't want to eat it right away it can be frozen also. I like to make my own noodles for the soup..you take about 4 cups of flour, a tsp or two of salt, and 3 eggs. Mix it all together and knead until everything is well incorporated. Roll out the dough to about 1/4" thickness and cut in strips..let dry. They will puff up and absorb liquid while cooking. You can add the noodles to soup and freeze any leftovers.

I love to cook and my depression era grandma taught me well.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
Rubber Obsessor

How kind of you #1! There's always shepherds pie, american chop suey or how about cooking a chicken in a crockpot. I like to cook american chop suey in a big roasting pan so there's always extras for lunch or snacking thru the week so you could definitely make enough.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Hardware Hotshot

Whenever I make a meal for taking or giving, I always use the foil pans, that way no one has to worry about returning anything!

You could make a chciken and rice casserole:

3 cups cooked rice
About 2 cups cooked and diced chicken
1/2 cup each diced carrot and celery and green peas
2 cans cream of chicken soup, do not add anything to it

Mix all ingredients well and place in greased foil pan, top with shredded cheddar cheese

You can place in freexer or fridge. When giving, add a note to bake at 350 until hot and bubbly

Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva

These are all great ideas. I like the idea of a soup too--a bean soup is economical to make yet filling and healthy. I've found many great recipes on allrecipes.com.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
Inking Addict

maybe , you can bring some hadmade cakes , or bake some things .