In the Forums

Today's Posts

Get the Weekly

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast
Location: I kissed my snow shovel goodbye & moved to The Villages, FL in 2014
Default Honor Flight "mail call" cards needed for WW II veterans!

I am copying this post from another forum here for anyone who might see if and be willing to send a "thank you for your service" card to WW II veterans who will be traveling to D.C. in May to see the WW II Veteran's Memorial.

Here is the info shared originally by Judy B asking for cards to be sent:
Cards can be "addressed " to any WWII veteran and mailed asap to the address below. I have to say that my Dad (he passed away this past summer just shy of his 90th birthday) was a WW II vet and I wish he could have been able to make the I am sending some cards out to make "mail call" fun for as many as possible. And as a retired Navy vet myself (I was a Navy Nurse and spent time aboard the USNS Comfort Hospital Ship during Operation Desert Storm) I can attest to the fact that there is NOTHING like the thrill of finding something in the bag for you when the mail call is announced! So, if you would like to absolutely make someone's day, get something in the mail asap...needs to be postmarked soon! Jan

p.s. Judy. I hope you don't mind but I went ahead and copied part of the info you shared into a new thread and posted it to Everyday Chit Chat on the general side...the more the merrier when it comes to mail call, right?

This chartered flight will leave May 29 from Ft. Wayne, IN and return the same day. Part of the return flight includes “Mail Call”, which is where I’m hoping you will help. Here’s what the Honor Flightpaperwork says:

Mail call: What every veteran looked forward to during WWII.

We need your help! We are trying to accumulate letters and cards for each veteran prior to their flight thanking them for their service. We will “deliver” this “mail” to each veteran on the return flight. We are asking for your assistance in acquiring this “mail” from your family, friends, schools, politicians Girl/Boy Scout Troops, etc. They can be addressed to your veteran by name or simply “WWII Veteran” We need these letters mailed to us by May 1st.

Honor Flight Northeast Indiana
PO Box 4
Huntertown, IN 46748

The Honor Flight Network is a non-profit organization created to honor America's Veterans for all of their sacrifices. They transport our heroes to Washington, DC to visit their memorials Free Of Charge!
My blog!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

I will get one out. Both my father and step father served in WWII. I volunteer at a Food Bank every week and I was talking to a WWII Vet a couple of weeks ago. He said I didn't do anything special, I just did my job. I told him I thought it was special, it was people like him that insured our freedom. Breaks my heart he has to come to a Food Bank.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!