Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Default Has anyone tried Mitch Gaylord's Melt it Off?

I don't ever really believe all of these success stories you read or hear; however, I am thinking of trying this. The price seems reasonable for the DVD. Plus you get the weight ball. It seems easy enough. I need exercises that don't require much coordination.
I originally saw a Sunday infomercial & I just checked out the website @ 3daymelt.com
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this from someone you know.
TIA.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Matboard Maniac

I'd never heard of it before. Just checked out the website. Not sure about it. Thing that keeps popping into my head is that it seems too good to be true....and if it seems that way it usually is.

Can't see how it would hurt to try I guess, but no way do I believe you're going to see any major results in 3 days.

My husband and I have both gone through some weight loss and life style changes in the past and the real magic formula for us was to eat less and exercise more. I took up walking and then started running. He added biking and continued to swim and run. Don't know about swimming, but I do know you don't need much coordination to walk or run

Congratulations on wanting to get started on a new fitness routine, good luck!
Old 02-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the response. BTW, I like your signature quote. I agree w/ you. I NEVER believe these claims that a lot of weight/inches can be lost in short periods of time. I think the only real way to lose weight is, like you said, eat less & exercise more. I know it takes effort. I am working on it. My treadmill is broken but I currently use my elliptical. I am just thinking of doing more toning type work. Like w/ weights, but I am not @ the weight point right now. I was just thinking that this ball & the work out seemed do-able. I still haven't ordered it yet. I think the price is reasonable, but I still don't want to spend $15 on something I may not use. Guess I can give it the 30 day trial. I was just hopeful that someone may have tried it & could say if they even felt the exercises made any difference @ all.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
Watercolor Wizard

Did you google it to see if anyone has any ratings or opinions posted after having used it? Might not be out there, but you never know. Eat less and excercise more?????? That's craziness! Call me when you find the "eat more and exercise less" program!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
Cardstock Collector

Melt it off SHAM

Yes ive heard of Melt it off, and actually its a NIGHTMARE trying to get the product. first of all the items costs alot more than what they advertise in the commercial w/ shipping and handling. and then i went ahead and paid extra for the express RUSH delivery in which it was to get to me in 3-5 business days and did i mention that im going on the 3rd week and i still dont have it. So i called them and they said they will ship it when they could and i asked them why they advertised to pay extra for a rush delivery in 3-5 days when that is NOT TRUE....and she said they will ship it when they could!!! and then she said it should ship in 2 MORE weeks...***!!...and the regular shipping was 2-4 weeks so i might as well not have paid anything extra...so then i called back again and they said their system was down and they couldn't pull up my account so call back later, and they hung up...what a joke and scam!!! i wish i never ordered this!!!! BEWARE!!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

Mitch Gaylord is pushing weight loss stuff now? Goodness...

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
Die Cut Diva

So sorry this happened to you. Thanks for the warning. I have not ordered. If I were you, I would call my credit card company & have them not pay for the product. I have had to do this & while it takes a little effort, I don't pay for not getting what was promised. Good luck & let us know what happens. Spreading the word is always a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller99 View Post
Yes ive heard of Melt it off, and actually its a NIGHTMARE trying to get the product. first of all the items costs alot more than what they advertise in the commercial w/ shipping and handling. and then i went ahead and paid extra for the express RUSH delivery in which it was to get to me in 3-5 business days and did i mention that im going on the 3rd week and i still dont have it. So i called them and they said they will ship it when they could and i asked them why they advertised to pay extra for a rush delivery in 3-5 days when that is NOT TRUE....and she said they will ship it when they could!!! and then she said it should ship in 2 MORE weeks...***!!...and the regular shipping was 2-4 weeks so i might as well not have paid anything extra...so then i called back again and they said their system was down and they couldn't pull up my account so call back later, and they hung up...what a joke and scam!!! i wish i never ordered this!!!! BEWARE!!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynamom View Post
Did you google it to see if anyone has any ratings or opinions posted after having used it? Might not be out there, but you never know. Eat less and excercise more?????? That's craziness! Call me when you find the "eat more and exercise less" program!
Thanks for the suggestion to google for opinions. I hadn't thought of that. If there is an opinion site mmiller99 should respond.

I do LOVE your program idea! Actually, that's what I've done lately & it's becoming obvious how that's working out for me.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:39 AM   #9
Cardstock Collector

I also ordered Melt It Off. I'm a fool, the shipping costs were outrageous and I still don't have the product yet. I ordered on 4/25 and paid the extra $2.99 for rush shipping. They finally shipped it on 5/16 after 3 weeks and multiple emails! BUT, it still isn't here as of 5/29!!! Wish I had seen this forum before I ordered.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #10
Rubber Obsessor

Default Melt it Off & other "As seen on TV" items...

I'm sorry that you guys are experienceing this. I have experienced this as well on numerous occasions.
I was reading this past weekend that for most "As seen on TV" items-- that these companies create infomercials before they even have an adequate amount of stock (if any stock at all)! The even named a major company (i forget the name righ now) who made several tv commercials without even having anything manufactured. So they way it goes is:

Make the commercial--get the sale--then manufacture the product--

After reading that it became clear as to why they take so darn long!!

Good luck with your oders!~
Oh and by the way, the book I was reading was Purple Cow by Seth Godin
Old 06-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcopes View Post
Mitch Gaylord is pushing weight loss stuff now? Goodness...
I had a huge crush on him in the 80s!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #12
Cardstock Collector

Default PLEASE DO NOT BE SCAMMED!!

I ordered this product like 3 months ago. It is the most frustrating scam ever. They advertise it for under $20 - I have already been charged around $57. The worse part is - its boring! Tae bo amped and turbojam cheaper and actually exciting and fun. The product takes more than 30 days to be shipped so forget about the 30 day money back guarantee. They send some bogus green tee pills and charge you every month for them. Here is an actual email they sent me when I tried to dispute their charges.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your purchase of Melt It Off. Our records indicate that you are enrolled into the Essential Boost supplements continuity program. We would like to inform you that as per your request, your auto shipment program has been canceled. Your cancellation number is 0429451X. Our records indicate that your account has a remaining balance of your last shipment of $26.98. No future shipments will be released and 07/13/2008 will be your last charge. Keep in mind all items may be returned within 30 days of being received.

If you have any questions please email customer service. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Melt it off with Mitch Gaylord
ww.3daymelt.com[/url]
6am-5pm Mon.-Fri. P.S.T.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #13
Watercolor Wizard

I find those "celebrity" things always very tempting. I have never ordered, but I love Celebrity Fit Club and have wanted Dr. Ian's book and wanted to try their online website work, too. Mario Lopez also has a book out.

I will tell you the one that I really want to try is that Bender Ball. That looks GREAT!

Cindy
Old 06-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #14
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up I have tried Mitch Gaylord's Melt it off

wow is all i can say !! i ordered this and i had ZERO problems with the order..i received it very fast without paying for the additional shipping.. the program WORKS! The first 3 days i followed the program and did the excercises even though it was hard as hell!!! The proof was enough for me to keep doing it..i had lost 4 1/2 inches and 5 lbs. im on my 2nd week and i have lost close to 15 lbs..major inches and am wearing clothes i couldnt fir into for almost 2 years. The key is EVERYDAY doing the work and following either the meal plan provided or in my case, modifying it SLIGHTLY because of needing more protein and calcium per my own body. I still only take in the recommended 1200ish calories a day. I let myself enjoy little things here and there on the weekends so i dont feel deprived, but the choices are still healthy. i have tried tae bo, curves etc but this one..i SWEAT and i can see and feel the results. i have arthritus in my back and for the past 8 months i had been living on muscle relaxers and vicadin. since starting this program i ahve only taken my pills 4 times. for me, i wanted to get my core strong if i lost some weight that was great. i feel better than i have in a long long time. i would recommend this to anyone but again, you have to be realistic and follow the program. it wont work if u give up, slack on the excercises or not eat healthy. you make an effort and you will see results. i know i did and love seeing and feeling the changes.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:58 AM   #15
Impoverished Gymnastics Mom

Send a message via AIM to charlalei

*laugh* Are you a company rep or something?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #16
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up Has anyone tried Mitch Gaylord's Melt it Off?

LOL no im not a rep or in any way shape or form getting $$ from my positive comment..although it would be NICE to get a kick back **wink wink to mitch if hes reading this! lol
actually..about 6 years ago i had gastric bypass. lost a ton but still had a few more pounds to go. then a bunch of crap happened where my mom in law passed away (i was her caregiver), i lost my job and had a breast cancer scare all within a year. then my back was getting to the point i could barely move and find out that i have arthritus in my back. i was in so much pain i would work..take 3 muscle relaxers a day and 6-8 vicadin a day JUST to slightly function. i knew i had to do something to try and minamize my back pain. this worked where nothing else did. its not like this is all some secret workout...but if anyone is going to know how to get your core strong fast i figured he was it! i hate the workouts but yet i love em...they are hard and i have never been able to do much of a push up in my life and now i can do them! like i said..weight was a bonus to lose but i did it to reduce my need for pain medication cuz the last thing i want is to be either addicted or be on so many im useless. my kids (15, 12,12) even like doing the workouts but they cant get thru the whole thing which i find hilarious! they are healthy strong younguns and ol' mom can run circles around them with it! lol another bonus is that my kids are all adhd so when they do even some of the excercises, it helps use up some of that crazy energy!
im sure you can probably see the whole workouts on youtube or some other site..i paid 15 for the program and 14 for shipping...but that is also with a ball and other goodies..as far as the vitamins...if u dont choose to pass on it, u will get charged a monthly fee ..i didnt so i got a sample thats it
Old 06-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast

I googled for opinions/feedback and found THIS.

I won't be risking my money or time with this foolishness.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #18
Forum Fanatic

Hmmm...

4 "separate" people joined, posted a message to this thread the same day they joined, and haven't even logged on since, let alone posted anywhere.

Nothing fishy going on there, I'm sure

The one constant through all the years...has been baseball.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #19
Cardstock Collector

I have just ordered Mitch melt it off. First of all, when you call the number there is no live person to take your order. It's very annoying because it keeps asking you to add all sorts of dvd, cd, boost pills. Also, it is advertised for $14.99 but I paid $36.12 for shipping and handling. I did not ask for rush order but charged me for it and they charged extra s&h fees for the other 2 items that is supposed to be free. BEWARE!!! YOu can get the same g ball at a local sporting store. Don't fall for this!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #20
Insane Embellisher

Question

Just wondering if anyone ended up ordering after this thread. If so, would you recommend it? Thanks!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #21
Matboard Maniac

I read this blog every day and noticed earlier that she had mentioned this workout video. Read her blog -- she has a card made with yogabella and under that indicates that she is using this video and has had great results! I think the card and post was today or yesterday.

http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

Janet
Old 09-14-2008, 05:56 AM   #22
Pearl-ExPert

Never heard of this one.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:25 AM   #23
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinek9mom View Post
I read this blog every day and noticed earlier that she had mentioned this workout video. Read her blog -- she has a card made with yogabella and under that indicates that she is using this video and has had great results! I think the card and post was today or yesterday.

http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

Janet
Thank you, Janet. I think it is Lauren who got me started looking at it in the first place. Maybe I'll give it a shot as a thank-you to my body for getting me this far.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #24
Cardstock Collector

Default Created my own Melt it Off

I wanted to order it, but read a lot of horror stories about duplicate charges, monthly vitamins being sent, long delays in shipping so I looked at a couple "commercials" for Melt it Off on youtube, made notes of the exercises and created my own workout. It gets my heart pumping and I work up a sweat doing it, so I imagine the real thing works well too. I used the heaviest ball I had in the house. He says his is about 2 pounds. I'm sure I could find a good substitute for the ball at the store. No DVD to follow, but I can watch TV while I am doing MY workout and just keep checking my notes. I expect it will be in stores before too long. Maybe if my workout appears to be going well, I will buy the DVD then and see if his is better!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #25
Cardstock Collector

Default Melt It Off

I bought this product about a month ago. It works great. The 3day rule goes with the work out as well as an eating plan they send with your package. I honestly didn't follow the eating plan but kept it to a minimum of water salad, and tuna sand. for those days and I still lost the 2 inches off my waist one dress size and 5lbs. The catch is ordering over the phone it is so long and they offer so many things that I sat thorugh a 10 minute automated ordering process. However that is the only down fall. They offer you the free vitamin/boost pills and you have to cancel with in 30 days or they'll keep sending and billing you. I just took it upon myself to call them 3 days after my order and told them to cancel the pills and not to send the free trial, and that all I wanted was the DVD and the 2lb ball. They rep told me she would cancel the subscripion and would send the 1 bottle at no charge. So I'm pretty happy with it. You do see dramatic results.....its a real work out too!!! I love it and I'm not one to try things on tv just because I'm very skeptical of those kinds of things. Happy that my first infomercial order was successful.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #26
Cardstock Collector

I paid a total of 36.79 for the package with the 60 day boost pills, 2lb ball, and the DVD. I got in 4 days. I like it so much I know it was worth my money.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:04 AM   #27
Cardstock Collector

Smile

I bought the package for $30.00- ball plus shipping. I did not agree to the free vitamins or pay for speedy delivery. I was only charged for the ball. I have had no other monthly charges. I recieved the ball rather quickly. May be I was just lucky. If you decline the vitiamins in the first place, you won't have the problems that many seemed to have.

As to the ball. I like it. It is a tough work out. I had severe trigger point pains in my back. I was even going to get massages for it. Since doing the work out, I have no more pain and do not need the massages either.

Just do not agree to the inital vitamins and you will not have the problem of having to stop the monthly charges
Old 03-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #28
Cardstock Collector

Default Melt it off AND Bender Ball both Bogus!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynamom View Post
I find those "celebrity" things always very tempting. I have never ordered, but I love Celebrity Fit Club and have wanted Dr. Ian's book and wanted to try their online website work, too. Mario Lopez also has a book out.

I will tell you the one that I really want to try is that Bender Ball. That looks GREAT!

Cindy
Cindy,
I had outrageously negative trouble beginning with the very first phone call to Melt It Off. BUT I wanted to let you know about Bender Ball!!!!

IT IS ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENT. BENDER BALL IS THE EXACT SAME PROGRAM. YOU GET A LITTLE GREEN BALL, DVDs, AND AN UNEXPECTED SUBSCRIPTION TO A CLUB THAT SENDS YOU GREEN TEA PILLS ONCE A MONTH AND CHARGES YOUR CREDIT CARD $59.95 UNLESS YOU CALL TO CANCEL BEFORE YOUR "TRIAL PERIOD" THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD SUBSCRIBED TO! BAD BAD BENDER BALL.

EXACT SAME SCAM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #29
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatthew View Post
I bought this product about a month ago. It works great. The 3day rule goes with the work out as well as an eating plan they send with your package. I honestly didn't follow the eating plan but kept it to a minimum of water salad, and tuna sand. for those days and I still lost the 2 inches off my waist one dress size and 5lbs. The catch is ordering over the phone it is so long and they offer so many things that I sat thorugh a 10 minute automated ordering process. However that is the only down fall. They offer you the free vitamin/boost pills and you have to cancel with in 30 days or they'll keep sending and billing you. I just took it upon myself to call them 3 days after my order and told them to cancel the pills and not to send the free trial, and that all I wanted was the DVD and the 2lb ball. They rep told me she would cancel the subscripion and would send the 1 bottle at no charge. So I'm pretty happy with it. You do see dramatic results.....its a real work out too!!! I love it and I'm not one to try things on tv just because I'm very skeptical of those kinds of things. Happy that my first infomercial order was successful.

I agree with you. I ordered the "Melt It Off" and I didn't have any trouble with the order. I didn't like not being able to talk with a live person but I did get it in a week and there were no extra charges. I couldn't take the tea pills because they made me vomit for some reason, and I kinda changed the meal plan, but I do drink plenty of water. Which was something I hardly ever drunk, and I drink less pop now. Within a week I have lost 4 inches around my waist, 4 inches in my hips and 7 in my chest. I love it, it's not boring and I can feel the muscles working throughout the workout. I would recommend it to anyone. I just can't wait to see how much I have lost when the 12 weeks are up. It gives me something to look forward too. If anyone is ready to try something new in their life to change the way they look and feel, the "Melt It Off" by Mitch Gaylord is the best to try. I'm glad I did and it was well worth the money I paid. Good luck to all who try it and have fun!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #30
Cardstock Collector

Default It's the real deal

I've tried the Melt it Off with Mitch / 3 Day Melt workout. And here's the thing: if you want to shed those pounds and build muscle it takes work! I was blown away by how challenging these workouts are. Seriously, I was surprised. When I started using it, I totally couldn't keep up. I had to use the modified versions, and even then I would have to skip some reps. Heaven knows there's no quick fix solution to getting in shape - you're gonna sweat your patootie off with this workout. And you know what? It's worth it!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #31
Cardstock Collector

Default Works Great - just read the fine print

p.s. cancelling the continuation service is key! After you order the 3 Day Melt make sure you call back and cancel the ongoing service.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #32
Cardstock Collector

I bought melt it off a few months ago... I remember having issues when i ordered it... especially with the pills... I kept getting sent them 2 months in a row, however when i called the # and pressed 0 til i got a representative ;D they refunded me my dam money and I got to keep 2 bottles of pills... not bad in my opinion. At the time I did not start the work out ... i've been struggling with no motivation and depression.. However... I did just do a 10 min work out... and my legs are so sore T_T it really does work you... Of course after 1 day of a 10 min work out I dont have any results however... I can attest to it actually working your muscles... I really enjoyed it.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #33
Cardstock Collector

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxiTam View Post
I don't ever really believe all of these success stories you read or hear; however, I am thinking of trying this. The price seems reasonable for the DVD. Plus you get the weight ball. It seems easy enough. I need exercises that don't require much coordination.
I originally saw a Sunday infomercial & I just checked out the website @ 3daymelt.com
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this from someone you know.
TIA.
I'm 52, I ordered it and LOVE it!!! He's inspirational and the exercises are fun and challenging and give you an overall toned look. You'll love the stretching and you'll feel strong and energetic! The use of the weighted balls really are the key! Whole body workout for sure! I felt and saw results within 1st week!
You won't be sorry, I ordered the green tabs too but stopped them. I really didn't need them. I had no hassles. Call or Just send them back with a note you want to cancel.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #34
Forum Fanatic

Holy cow. I've never seen more newbie posters on a single thread than this one. Not to mention the original post is nearly 5 years old...

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥