Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Google Chrome Question

I've been trying Google Chrome out, but one little item bugs me. In Internet Explorer, if I am reading a blog and come across links I would like to check out I right click on each of them and save them to my favorites so that I can check them out at a later time. I didn't see that option in Google Chrome. Is there a way to add the link to favorites without opening the link first?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Crimping Master

Never mind. Solved it. Once I get over these little quirks of difference maybe I can judge how well I like Chrome.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
Proud Fan Club Member

Google Chrome doesn't work with all internet Softwares. Like Virus protections. That also goes for Firefox.

IE is harder to use. I think anyway.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Watercolor Wizard

My Internet Explorer is not working properly on my computer, so I have had to start using Chrome.

The thing I don't like about Chrome is that you cannot "pin" your favorites list to the side and keep it open all the time. You have to open the "bookmarks" and scroll through to access it, or keep the bookmarks on the top on the bookmarks bar, which is also a pain to scroll through.

Other than that, I guess Chrome works okay. I really don't notice that it is that much faster than IE, which some have said it is.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 05-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
Crimping Master

[QUOTE=buggainok;20158714]My Internet Explorer is not working properly on my computer, so I have had to start using Chrome.

The thing I don't like about Chrome is that you cannot "pin" your favorites list to the side and keep it open all the time. You have to open the "bookmarks" and scroll through to access it, or keep the bookmarks on the top on the bookmarks bar, which is also a pain to scroll through./QUOTE]

__________________________________________________ _______

No problem. I have the most frequently used links always visible on my bookmark bar next to "Favorites". Instead of saving an URL to Favorites, save it to Bookmarks Bar.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Watercolor Wizard

[QUOTE=GypsyRoseStamper;20158792]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
My Internet Explorer is not working properly on my computer, so I have had to start using Chrome.

The thing I don't like about Chrome is that you cannot "pin" your favorites list to the side and keep it open all the time. You have to open the "bookmarks" and scroll through to access it, or keep the bookmarks on the top on the bookmarks bar, which is also a pain to scroll through./QUOTE]

__________________________________________________ _______

No problem. I have the most frequently used links always visible on my bookmark bar next to "Favorites". Instead of saving an URL to Favorites, save it to Bookmarks Bar.
Gypsy, I am ooold and don't like change, lol. My favorites list on IE is huge, and I always kept it open and pinned on the left side. I used it constantly every time I was on my computer.

The bookmarks bar on Chrome is okay to list just a few sites, like SCS, FB and Google+, but would never hold the number of places I'm used to having instant access to on my old favorites list which displayed along the side of my screen.

My daughter is pretty computer savvy and has promised to come see what she can do to "fix" my Internet Explorer.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
Crimping Master

I've got 14 links on the bookmarks bar besides FAVORITES, and I suppose there would be room for quite a few more if I abbreviated the names.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #8
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamper View Post
I've got 14 links on the bookmarks bar besides FAVORITES, and I suppose there would be room for quite a few more if I abbreviated the names.
Okay, I'll regroup and give it a shot. I'm really trying to like Chrome since my IE is messed up.