Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 04:38 AM   #1
Stampin' Fool

Default Everybody Loves Raymond cast on Oprah!

Did anyone else watch this? I love this show and I am sad that is ending. To me it seems so
real, unlike other sitcoms. Sometimes I feel like I am watching my dh and I on TV! Anyway, this
farewell show made me cry. You can tell how close the cast really is. Anyone care to
share their favorite episode? I think mine is when Deborah ended up in jail after Amy's shower
and then blamed it on Marie...LOL

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? ~ Dr. Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-10-2005, 04:45 AM   #2
Kookie Creator

I love this show. I also feel like it's my husband and me on t.v. I don't think I can pick a favorite show, but I love it when she looks at him and says IDIOT. I just crack up. man ,I feel the same way sometimes. The cast is supposed to be on Oprah today here, I've got to watch. lisa
Old 02-10-2005, 05:41 AM   #3
PAPER SCAPER

This show always reminds me of the mother in law not because she was like Ray and Robert’s mother but because she just loved that show. The last show she got to see was when Robert got married. Mom had cancer and the medication made her sleep so much. Well this show meant so much to her that she sat on the edge of her chair so she wouldn’t be comfortable enough to fall asleep and miss it. Her last comment on the show was “what the heck kind of dance is that?? Only a true fan will know what that meant.
Yesterday on Oprah it was nice to them all together and telling how they felt for each other. It’s a great show.
I cracked up at the scene when Robert put his wife on the refrigerator and Ray tried to do the same thing and nearly knocked her out. I’m still laughing at that one.

Rox
Perfect Paper Crafting * SweetStamps * Just for Fun Rubber Stamps
Old 02-10-2005, 05:50 AM   #4
Stampin' Fool

Yeah, that fridge scene was pretty funny! LOL

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? ~ Dr. Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy
Old 02-10-2005, 06:42 AM   #5
Die Cut Diva

Love this show! My favorite episode was the halloween one where Frank gave out the condoms! Too funny!

V
Old 02-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #6
Hardware Hotshot

I did see part of the Oprah show yesterday. Brad can sure do some funny impressions. I (for some unknown reason) never watched too many of the original shows, but have been catching more of the reruns now. I think the jail show was one of the best too.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:04 AM   #7
Compulsive Stamper

Didn't get to see the Oprah show - but I LOVE the show. I don't even know if I could choose which one I like the best. They are all so darn funny and sooo real. Boy my mother-in-law could be like that sometimes - loved her to death but ---- well actually Marie WAS her middle name so maybe there is something to that! Sorry to see the show go too - what a shame when so many people enjoy it so much
Old 02-10-2005, 07:07 AM   #8
Compulsive Stamper

Just a question - under my user name it says 'Glitter Queen' - where did that come from and how do I get rid of it? Looked on my 'profile' and it's nowhere there. I am soooo not a glitter queen!
Jane
Old 02-10-2005, 07:16 AM   #9
Embossing Fanatic

I recorded this and plan to watch tonight after Girl Scouts. Monday night TV is really going to stink when it's gone.

Marie is my mother. There is no doubt about it. She looks and acts just like my Mom. (Better not let her know I said that!)

Old 02-10-2005, 07:48 AM   #10
Glitter Guru

I am SO going to miss this show! It is probably my favorite sitcom. I just love the way Debra and Marie interact - I really hope that I'm NOT that kind of MIL!

My sister's best friend used to date one of the writers (Tom Catalbiano -sp?) - my sis refuses to watch the show because of her friend - I keep telling her she's missing SO much good stuff. Thank goodness it'll be available on DVD!!!

I have so many favorite episodes, but one of my favorites is when they were trying to figure out why Robert put his food to his chin before he ate it. Loved the way Debra analyzed the heck out of that one!

I also LOVE Amy's family - they SO crack me up!

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Old 02-10-2005, 07:49 AM   #11
Glitter Guru

I am SO going to miss this show! It is probably my favorite sitcom. I just love the way Debra and Marie interact - I really hope that I'm NOT that kind of MIL!

My sister's best friend used to date one of the writers (Tom Catalbiano -sp?) - my sis refuses to watch the show because of her friend - I keep telling her she's missing SO much good stuff. Thank goodness it'll be available on DVD!!!

I have so many favorite episodes, but one of my favorites is when they were trying to figure out why Robert put his food to his chin before he ate it. Loved the way Debra analyzed the heck out of that one!

I also LOVE Amy's family - they SO crack me up!

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Old 02-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #12
Polyshrink Goddess

I was hoping to record Oprah but didn't get the chance too. I love this show and I'm so sad it's leaving but after 9 years they all deserve to enjoy the chance to do something else.

I so relate with Debra. I have a wonderful and sweet MIL who drives me up the wall. I feel like I could talk all day with Debra and we'd be instant friends from all our "woe's" with strange families.

So now I'm off to buy the DVD's. I'll just have to have them all so I can keep right on laughing.

Donna

"The value of persistent prayer is not that he will hear us...but that we will finally hear him." William McGill
Old 02-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #13
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janers
Just a question - under my user name it says 'Glitter Queen' - where did that come from and how do I get rid of it? Looked on my 'profile' and it's nowhere there. I am soooo not a glitter queen!
Jane
Go under the General Discussion forum and check out the thread approximately the 5th sticky down called "CARDSTOCK COLLECTOR". It will explain your question, which has to do with # of posts you've made.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:23 PM   #14
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnut137

Marie is just like my MIL, too!

My favorite episode was the one where Deborah couldn't get her meatballs to taste the same as Marie's. Turned out that Marie purposfully mislabeled a jar of spices that she let Deborah borrow. I'll never forget Deborah saying to Ray, "Who's the nutcase NOW!"

Lisa
John 16:33

A stranger's just a friend you haven't met!
Old 02-10-2005, 03:39 PM   #15
Kookie Creator

For some reason the episode where Marie backs the car into Ray and Debra's house cracks me up every time.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #16
Cardstock Collector

Default Oprah & Everybody loves raymond

I am so bad with goodbyes ! I couldnt watch it. But favourite episode was when Ray & Robert are in church... Ray is playing game with guys head in front of him. Robert bangs his hand & slips the guys topee down. I still laugh. They seemed like 8 year old kids! Very funny show. I also love the bedroom antics between Ray & Debra, they could be in my bedroom !
I will miss them!
Old 02-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #17
ncs
Kookie Creator

My husband laughs so loud at that show...I find myself laughing at the show and laughing harder at how loud he is laughing. Each episode is definitely a crack up!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #18
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnut137

I forgot one...

I loved it when Marie and Frank were returning a toaster at a department store and she got mad at him and told him that he only married her to have a "trophy wife"! That still makes me giggle

Lisa
John 16:33

A stranger's just a friend you haven't met!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:29 PM   #19
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via MSN to inky-fingers

I love this show, I can't believe it's ending.
I know this is gonna sound bizarre but I've learned to understand my own mother in law from watching Marie and her antics. My husband sees his mother in the show and says " Someone must have followed my mom and dad around for years to write this stuff!!!"
And of course Robert just makes the show for us. That brotherly sibling rivalry hits home with my husband and his only brother. My dh is younger and WAY taller than his older short brother, and those shows for us are the best.
really gonna miss it
Dodi
Old 02-16-2005, 04:43 AM   #20
Embossing Fanatic

A friend once told me to watch "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" when I was so upset over my ILs; they told me to learn to laugh about it and I'd be in much better shape. That didn't work; what does work is watching Raymond. We watch the re-runs on TBS almost every night now and THAT helps me tremendously. My MIL is sometimes worse than Marie, and sometimes they're so alike and that way the show DOES make me laugh about her and I feel much better. I get an Oprah email every day and TOTALLY missed this episode. They will eventually rerun it; I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open!