Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Electrolux Stove?

I need to buy a new stove. I am not sure which one to get. I knew i would need a new one, as i owned this Jenn Air for 10 years and each year the board got fried and needed to be replaced. I thought i was going to buy a Kitchen Aid one, but when i searched the internet, it turned out the Kitchen Aid one had the same problem as my Jenn Air. I need a gas, slide in, stainless steel which narrows down my choices. So does anyone have an Electrolyx stove and are you happy with it? How about a Frigidaire or a Bosch? Thanks in advance for any answers that may help me in my decision!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Before you make a decision, check to see which companies have authorized servicers in your area. My husband was the only Bosch authorized tech for two counties in our state and three counties in WV and now that he's sick, there is no one to do the service work.

You didn't mention a specific model Electrolux, but this review may be of some help. Gas Ranges - Ranges Reviews

Also try putting the brand name+ model # + reviews into google to read more about the one you are considering.

Rainsong
Old 02-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
Crimping Master

Thanks for your response. You are so right about the servicers in the area. I did call the one repair company I trust, A&E. They are owned by Sears so they service basically whatever Sears sells. I got to know them very well as they were here quite frequently with my Jenn Air appliances. BTW - all were rated poorly when I bought them, but at the time, they and GE Profile were the only companies that had stainless steel, and Jenn-air was the only slide in stove. Of course about a month later - everyone offered stainless steel...

I googled the Kitchen Aid one, that was how I found out about their boards. I haven't tried the others yet, but general searches came up with only minor issues...I just thought I would ask around and see if anyone here actually owns one and get their opinion.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Crimping Master

I just had to buy a new wall oven and cook top. Both the installer and the repairman told me that the newest appliances were built to last only about 7 years now. When I was trying to decide what to get, they both said that it really didn't matter if I got the top of the line or something in between. They said that the more expensive the appliance, the more it would cost to repair and they recommended something in the middle range. I took their advice and I think it was a smart decision.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Mad Swapper

I have the electrolux dishwasher but not the stove or fridge. We were going to purchase those this year but we are moving. I love the dishwasher, we haven't had any issues with it and it's solidly built, easy to use, works great and quiet. I can't even hear it when I'm standing right next to it, had to open it up to see if it was running. lol

We use Sears A&E as well for service on the appliances and the tech had only good things to say about the Electrolux appliances.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Crimping Master

I finally found a few reviews for the electrolux. Some hated it, some loved it....those who hated it said it broke several times...
I ended up buying it. It fit better in my kitchen. I also got the extended warranty. So lets hope it works...
Old 03-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Crimping Master

Well...so far, I love my Electrolux stove. It has so many bells and whistles...it can proof dough, soften frozen cakes, slow cook and dehydrate! I cooked a pork roast with convection heat and used the temperature probe. The roast came out perfect! I sure hope the electronic board holds up.
I hope to cook a turkey on Sunday using the "Perfect Turkey" setting.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
Forum Fanatic

Electrolux and Frigidaire are the same company. I think the only company I wouldn't buy from again is Whirlpool/Maytag. Never again. We are hoping to buy appliances only from small stores from now on, that do their own service. A&E sucks eggs in our area.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 03-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8cards View Post
I just had to buy a new wall oven and cook top. Both the installer and the repairman told me that the newest appliances were built to last only about 7 years now. When I was trying to decide what to get, they both said that it really didn't matter if I got the top of the line or something in between. They said that the more expensive the appliance, the more it would cost to repair and they recommended something in the middle range. I took their advice and I think it was a smart decision.
I've heard the same thing. We generally buy the least expensive unit that has the features I want, and usually those features make it a mid price model. On my cooktop I wanted the expandable burner and on the oven I wanted self cleaning.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
Pearl-ExPert

Ugh, our whirlpool water heater STUNK! Boooo!