Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
SCS RAK Coordinator

Send a message via MSN to g33kgr1
Default EBSCO TELESERVICES

Is anyone else getting hounded on the telephone by the caller "Ebsco Teleservices" 1-330-492-2913?

I finally answered today and it was Creating Keepsakes giving me a "Superbowl special" on my subscription if I renew. I told the nice boy No Thanks so hopefully they will stop calling.

Hmmmm... If I would have answered any other day for the last month they have been calling... what would the special have been?

Just thought I would solve the mystery in case others were also ignoring this obvious telemarketing on their caller ID. Most normal people answer the phone I guess... but I just hate the phone and telemarketing (unsolicited or legitimate) drives me nuts!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

I have caller ID and I always screen my calls. What I don't like is when the phone rings after 8pm. That is too late to be calling.

I have had one company call me three times a week for the past three months now. They call during the day, so I am not home during this time, but you would think that they would get the messege and stop calling.
you made them feel!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to MSBetsyZ

Are you guys on the Do Not Call registry? If so, one mention of that to the caller should make them stop calling...

SCS Gallery * My SU Website
Old 02-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Mad Swapper

I get calls from them daily and it's beyond annoying. I did not renew my Creating Keepsakes subscription and now won't after all of the harrassment. I have caller ID, so I no longer answer their calls, but they don't seem to be letting up either. They have called my house every single day for at least the past 4-6 weeks. One would think that they would just give up.
Lauri
Old 02-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
Kookie Creator

you can register your phone and cell phone with donotcall.gov

I get calls because I used my home phone as my business phone for awhile and businesses are exempt from telemarketer calls but I always tell them to put me on their do not call list. I don't seem to get repeat offenders.

My Gallery
Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 AM   #6
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvnhjw View Post
I have caller ID and I always screen my calls. What I don't like is when the phone rings after 8pm. That is too late to be calling.

I have had one company call me three times a week for the past three months now. They call during the day, so I am not home during this time, but you would think that they would get the messege and stop calling.
I totally agree with you that telemarketing calls after 8pm should not happen. Unfortunately, they are allowed to call you up till 9pm. One time one caller tried to convince me at 9:55pm EST that since it was before 9pm where he was he had the right to call. Wrong!

Registering on the do-not-call list does help reduce annoying calls but will not remove your number from companies you have done or currently do business with. So if you have a magazine subscription with a company, they have the right to call you BUT you have the right to ask them to remove you from their list. I believe you have to relist your number with 'do not call' after a period of time, like maybe five years. I'll be checking on this myself today.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:40 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

I got a phone call from them every single night at exactly the same time. When I answered, no one was there! I finally renewed my Women's Day thru them and they've stopped calling - I got a "good deal" on it.