Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #1801
Swapper of the Month March 2012

He is soooooo cute. Just recently took off walking.

That photo is of him with his new stuffed polar bear I gave him. Whenever you give him a stuffed animal, he says, "ohhhhhh" like people do whenever they see something cute (also like "awwwwww" how cute...). Then he lays on it and cuddles with it because he loves how soft they are. He also does it with his Sesame Street stuffed buddies.
And he loves Starbucks cups for some reason, just to walk around and play with them so he took my empty cup and had it in the other hand there in that pic.

He loves books too. But not to read through. He likes them flat on the ground on carpet because they slide easily so he uses those to slide around like playing cars! haha

His favorite thing is to climb on/in things so I bought him the little Sport Coupe car by Little Tykes to play with, he pushes it, sits in it, climbs in and out, etc... and then I also sent him a Little Tykes picnic table/easel desk but haven't seen the pics yet of him with that (just can't get the DS or DIL to understand that for sanity sake and if they ever want to be in my will they had better start sending regular pics of my GS!!!!). After all, in a day adn age of smart phones, skype, video cameras, webcams, etc. --- how hard can it be to send me a weekly (if not daily) click!!! They don't understand (or maybe they do!) that its torture to not send a scrapbooker photos of the grandson. I may have to threaten to move in with them if they don't start sending pics... that ought to make them get in gear...

Kelly, if you are on FB, you will have to let me know and find me. I've got pics galore of him on there. The rest of you too! Susan Farrell-Jones or PM me yours.

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 05-02-2012 at 12:17 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #1802
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
He is soooooo cute. Just recently took off walking.

That photo is of him with his new stuffed polar bear I gave him. Whenever you give him a stuffed animal, he says, "ohhhhhh" like people do whenever they see something cute (also like "awwwwww" how cute...). Then he lays on it and cuddles with it because he loves how soft they are. He also does it with his Sesame Street stuffed buddies.
And he loves Starbucks cups for some reason, just to walk around and play with them so he took my empty cup and had it in the other hand there in that pic.

He loves books too. But not to read through. He likes them flat on the ground on carpet because they slide easily so he uses those to slide around like playing cars! haha

His favorite thing is to climb on/in things so I bought him the little Sport Coupe car by Little Tykes to play with, he pushes it, sits in it, climbs in and out, etc... and then I also sent him a Little Tykes picnic table/easel desk but haven't seen the pics yet of him with that (just can't get the DS or DIL to understand that for sanity sake and if they ever want to be in my will they had better start sending regular pics of my GS!!!!). After all, in a day adn age of smart phones, skype, video cameras, webcams, etc. --- how hard can it be to send me a weekly (if not daily) click!!! They don't understand (or maybe they do!) that its torture to not send a scrapbooker photos of the grandson. I may have to threaten to move in with them if they don't start sending pics... that ought to make them get in gear...

Kelly, if you are on FB, you will have to let me know and find me. I've got pics galore of him on there. The rest of you too! Susan Farrell-Jones or PM me yours.
He sounds adorable!
I agree. How hard is it to snap a picture and send it. It's not like that cell phone isn't probably in her hand anyway... if she's like my daughter.

I count my blessings. They send me picks of cupcake all the time. I need to double-check and make sure I"m getting the ones I need for her 1st 12 months album.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #1803
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I received packs of unsweetened Koolaid with some pale vanilla tone yarn from a secret sister, and Christina mentioned that it was to dye the yarn on that thread...
So... I thought I'd come over here and ask how do I do that??? I've never even heard of it!
Yeah, I bought some of those today! A while back I asked you guys is you'd ever dyed your own yarn---It is sooo fun. MESSY, but fun. I used food coloring the last time. It does pretty good, but I've heard Koolaid is better for darker deeper colors!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #1804
Mad Swapper

By the way, I have a filet crochet question. I'm working(almost done) on a "table topper" piece and I was wondering if it is normal, when adding a edging, for edges to wavy up. It's not curling inward, just becoming wavy like. I've tried many edges and they all do this. I finally got a fan type stitch going that is the least wavy. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal and it just needs to properly blocked after I;m done? I can't go back now, so please advise. This is a gift for my mother and I want it to be the best it can. The wavy edge doesn't look bad, I just need to know if I;m doing something wrong.
Please, help. Thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #1805
Pearl-ExPert

SummerBreeze, I have no idea about your filet eding, but I bet it's gorgeous! I thought of you the other day because a while back you asked 'who in the world figured out this wrapping yarn around a hook thing?" Well, I was reading about star stitch and when I actually tried it, I thought of you. Who in the world thought this up?! How many times can you stick a hook through and pull up a loop and make this awesome fabric?! Lol. It's a crazy way to make a beautiful stitch. Love the kitty, btw.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #1806
Mad Swapper

Star stitch?I'll have to look that up. Sounds pretty! I'm currently trying to do a doily with the pineapple.

I'll upload pics soon. Just have to tie up some loose ends. LOL

That's one of my kitties, Poppett. She is precious! The stories could tell! Give her a slight hug and she will "talk." And sometimes it sounds like she really is trying to say words like we do. I kid you not. How I love that cat!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #1807
Pearl-ExPert

Poppett is precious! I am a firm believer that the more attention you give a cat, the more 'human-like' they will become. Sometimes I wish they could talk.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #1808
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina612 View Post
Poppett is precious! I am a firm believer that the more attention you give a cat, the more 'human-like' they will become. Sometimes I wish they could talk.
I have one like that. Spoiled rotten.. but I would rather have him spoiled than unsociable.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #1809
Stazon Splitcoast

How is everyone? I haven't picked up a hook in months. Just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.
ie yesterday I had visions of getting the corn/ pumpkin row mulched good (I HATE to pull weeds) AND revamping the everbearer strawberry bed. It took me 5 hours to mulch the bed. I was exhausted by the time I quit to make a simple supper - yes on Mother's Day!

How did ya'll spend your Mother's Day? I hope it was pleasant. Mine was tiring but I was doing what I wanted to do.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #1810
Mad Swapper

To Christina,

Don't I know it!!!! No truer words were EVER spoken!!! All of my animals have had their own personality! And please, don't think of me as being crazy, but I can kind of "translate" what they would say. What I mean is, over the years I have perfected all of their "voices." I know each of their personalities and I voice them to their personalities. Like a puppet master. This also helps in writing these stories as I have done for many years. And if they don't make a best selling childrens book one day, they will there for my children someday in the furture. As a history and reminder of my years of growing up, some memories I hold so dear. For each personality of my pets has always reflected a part of my own personality. And with every loss of a pet, like with members of family, I lose piece of myself.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:36 AM   #1811
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze View Post
To Christina,

Don't I know it!!!! No truer words were EVER spoken!!! All of my animals have had their own personality! And please, don't think of me as being crazy, but I can kind of "translate" what they would say. What I mean is, over the years I have perfected all of their "voices." I know each of their personalities and I voice them to their personalities. Like a puppet master. This also helps in writing these stories as I have done for many years. And if they don't make a best selling childrens book one day, they will there for my children someday in the furture. As a history and reminder of my years of growing up, some memories I hold so dear. For each personality of my pets has always reflected a part of my own personality. And with every loss of a pet, like with members of family, I lose piece of myself.
I don't think there is anything crazy about it! I totally get it. I have always been able to distinguish some of my cats 'voices' too. It's interesting. They definitely ask for certain things. Lol, as I'm typing this I have my 20 pounder sitting beside my chair with a throaty 'oowl' going on. No breakfast served yet. They also understand a great bit of our vocabulary. Again, the more time you spend with them, they learn. And some folks think cats are dumb. Ha! They may not work on command and be a bit self serving, but they know what's up. I think it's awesome you have written stories including some of those memories. I hope you get to publish someday!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #1812
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
How is everyone? I haven't picked up a hook in months. Just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.
ie yesterday I had visions of getting the corn/ pumpkin row mulched good (I HATE to pull weeds) AND revamping the everbearer strawberry bed. It took me 5 hours to mulch the bed. I was exhausted by the time I quit to make a simple supper - yes on Mother's Day!

How did ya'll spend your Mother's Day? I hope it was pleasant. Mine was tiring but I was doing what I wanted to do.
I hear ya about not enough hours! I try to squeeze yarn time in, but yes the garden and weeds are getting their share of my time! Lol, I actually thought on Mother's Day I would get a chance to sit still and crochet. We've actually been so busy here with kid schedules and DS's bday on last Friday that we decided to stay home and DH and DS were going to cook dinner for me. Well, the weather was nice early in the afternoon so they went fishing. I was supposed to go get dinner ingredients, but DD fell asleep and stayed asleep ALL afternoon. Sounds like a peaceful time right? But she was asleep in my lap. Teething again... No better way to celebrate being a mom than by actually mothering all day!

Now, I have GOT to get my pumpkins planted! I'm behind.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:04 AM   #1813

Hey there, hookers.
We took off and went to MA for a couple of days to meet up with the Pastor who married us and his wife, they have had a hard couple of years if you recall me mentioning, and we wanted to treat them to a couple of days at a timeshare we have. We got there Thursday evening after a few wrong turns... they do not mark streets well there, thank goodness for GPS and detailed instructions on Mapquest (I love how they put in tiny print... if you reach ABC street, you have gone too far... that saved us several times up there). The elderly couple arrived late after being lost a while too, then we went to get groceries but the only stores that sold meats or produce were another 20-25 minutes back so we ended up having something else. Hardly any restaurants there either. Very remote. Friday the pastor woke up sick and was horribly sick all day. We were very concerned because no clinic near by and he is diabetic so had to watch his blood sugar all day too, which was erratic. DH and the girls stayed with him while I took his wife and we went to a few stores and got healthier foods for the meals too, though all he could eat was some bland cereal really at the end of the day. We prayed over him, and he was feeling much better by the next morning, Praise God. We all had to pack up then and head home (Saturday).

On the way back, we thought we'd take a scenic side route to the Catskills, which we had planned for maybe a 45 minute add. Well, as I said, roads are not very well marked there.... so it ended up being 2 hours lost trying to find our way back out! We got home about 5pm instead of midday.

Sunday morning we had church, then we stopped in to see my MIL and then DH took me to lunch at my favorite Chinese place here which is always calm and quiet, great food and great prices too. Family owned and near us. Then we came home and I had great plans for the garden, as you did, Kelly!

I started working on it and about an hour into it, DH, who was mowing the lawn, stopped. Apparently he hit a rock with the mower and it bent the blade. So we had to quit and head to Sears to find a new set of blades. It was so miserably humid here I don't think I really minded. Fortunately, my sister had sent me mosquito nets for my head/face this year (picutre Katherine Hepburn under a hat and net... except I'm much chubbier. ) but I made the mistake of wearing short sleeves. I felt something bite me on the arms and looked and thought they were just sweat bees.

Well, yesterday I went to work and came home and my arms had felt very sore all day and I thought, wow, I only worked in the garden an hour, I'm really pathetically weak if that did all that!

I went ot change and realized my arms are both swollen! Apparently it must have been a spider bite or something instead, especially on my right arm as it was all swollen up and red and hot. So I took benedryl last night and marked it (traced the outline of the swelling with a pen) so I can watch it. The other arm is not so bad and did go down overnight. But the right one is still pretty swollen though the redness is less and it decreased in size on one side. I'm going to stick with the benedryl and watch it for another day to see if its getting better or worse before I head to the dr. Good grief. Bug bites never used to get to me like this. I think the older we get the more sensitive we get to them or something. Now I will have to wear long sleeves and pants as well as the hat, net and gloves in the garden. I always wondered why old ladies do that... I just thought it was to keep the sun off, but now I realize its for the bugs too!

We had 4 beds and 15 planters before. This year we added 8 more 4x4 beds, and about 8 planters so far. I still have to get the potatoes, carrots, beets, pumpkins and cucumbers planted, and want to add more beans and spinach and such though the weather has been so unpredictable, not sure how they'll do yet. We had rain all day yesterday and supposed to have it for another day then sun for several days so I expect things will burst then!

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 05-15-2012 at 05:08 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 05:06 AM   #1814
Stazon Splitcoast

Though not as planned, Christina, it sounds like snuggling with that baby was just the thing. My oldest granddaughter called to tell me everything she's bringing (I think she's moving in hehe) and that her 'heart hurt' because she missed me. Awwwww. 4 more days!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #1815

Its been years since I did filet crochet, and I don't think I ever edged mine, just did the rectangular patterns. I was thinking about those and wondering where on earth I put them here.... I think they may be in the hope chest in my bedroom but I'll have to find those sometime... that was over 25 years ago that I made them! Wow, time flies. I just recently realized my daughter is turning 29 this year. Hard to believe! I can still remember vividly what I was doing at 29! I guess that is good that my memory is still good though! haha

Old 05-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #1816

Here is my garden so far:
blue lake pole beans, broccoli, spinach, romaine and butter lettuce, snow and snap peas, brussels sprouts, kale, swiss chard, bok choy, collard greens, peppers (green and red bell, jalapeno, pimento, banana, serrano, ancho), green onions and leeks, a Japanese eggplant, a watermelon, rhubarb, raspberries, zucchini, tomatoes (husky cherry, yellow pear, romas, celebrity, persimmon, black krim, costuluto), asparagus.
Then in the herb planters: dill, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, chives, parsley, cilantro.

I want to add more herbs for teas and try those this year (Christina inspired me for that!). Hoping to go get some chamomille, marjoram, lemon balm plants. Any others you recommend? We also have a ton of mint growing wild on the side of the house.

As for needlework... well, I finished up some little bags and flowers for my tagged textiles swap, and then have some yarn to try making something pumpkin-y. But I still have a few UFOs in the bags too that I need to finish up... pillows, and shawls mostly. The garden has my attention more this time of year.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:04 AM   #1817
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, Kelly, you are right! It was nice. Awwww... heart hurt... so sweet.

Susan, garden sounds awesome! Try some lavender.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #1818
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Susan.
Your garden sounds yummy! Our weather has turned chilly. My peas may do well. At least we're getting to try out the 'pea tent' I know I still need pictures. Will try to do that in the morning.

Be watching your mail

As to mints... they are UBER evasive. Container plant them. And if there are drainage holes, they'll root through that and come up outside the container anyway. So set them on a good weed block... I'd recommend a heavy black plastic then spread pea gravel around the 'outside' (the pots should be in direct contact with the plastic) of the pots to cover the plastic.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #1819
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Susan! Do be careful! Keep us posted on the bites. Not good.

Sorry the 'treat' weekend didn't go better for the pastor and his wife. But I'm sure they enjoyed the fellowship anyway.

Bob is near-deathly allergic to poison ivy. Of course, it grows profusely around here. So I have to make sure and mow where there 'might' even be any so he doesn't breathe it in or get over-spray from the cuttings.

Speaking of, I hear him moving around so we're headed out to breakfast and then shopping. I'd so much rather stay here and catch up on work. Oh well.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #1820
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I don't think there is anything crazy about it! I totally get it. I have always been able to distinguish some of my cats 'voices' too. It's interesting. They definitely ask for certain things. Lol, as I'm typing this I have my 20 pounder sitting beside my chair with a throaty 'oowl' going on. No breakfast served yet. They also understand a great bit of our vocabulary. Again, the more time you spend with them, they learn. And some folks think cats are dumb. Ha! They may not work on command and be a bit self serving, but they know what's up. I think it's awesome you have written stories including some of those memories. I hope you get to publish someday!
No, cats are not dumb, by any stretch of the imagination! In fact, my Sophie is probably one the most cunning, snoody, devious and brilliant cats ever created! And true, I can distinguish the Gangs voices, but ..........when I was younger I gave/voiced them 'people voices'. Like in the 'perfect world' we WISHED we lived in, they would talk ......and I voice what they would say and sound like. Ok, you are starting think I'm really crazy. But don't worry, I have a puppett theatre I used long ago to provide me with an excuse! LOLOLOL And like I said it help the creation of my stories, not to mention the humor my family finds in it! LOL
Old 05-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #1821
Pearl-ExPert

Perfect! (Or should I say purr fect?) Lol... They do give us loads of pleasure, those little furry critters.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #1822
Mad Swapper

Are you telling me! More pleasure than most people. LOL
Old 05-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #1823

Hi Ladies --- Been so busy I didn't realize I hadn't been on this one in a few days!

The spider bite swelled quite a bit, then I had to take Benadryl to counter it, and it started going down eventually, using antibiotic creams and washes, meds, etc. Almost gone now, but you couldn't see the fang marks until it was all the way down but sure enough they are there, two sets of them about 1/16th apart. Ugh. I hate spiders now... DH has been going around killing them for me. My hero!

We have these huge pines in our development... so right now we have a yellow 'fog' all the time with the pollen. can't even open windows/doors its so fast and pervasive. Drives us nuts between DH and DSD's asthma and mine and the other DSD's allergies.

I do have lavender in the front yard, but not enough of it. Can you ever have enough lavender???

I bought seeds for chamomille and echinacea but hope to find some good plants soon too. Will have to check out the specialty places as the general hardware store garden shops don't have much by way of herbs around here except for the standard popular ones.

We have cooler weather (60s-70s) this week with rain so hoping things take off. I still have some transplants to get put outside and a few more seeds to plant, late start it seems but I have to keep reminding myself its still May! Feels so hot already and as if I've been gardening a while this year because of the strange weather.

The mint was already here when we bought this house, and yes, very pervasive. DH pulls quite a bit --- also the wild strawberries taking over some areas and the bleeding heart plants.

I'm so excited though because this morning I saw the first hummingbird of this year! I just love to watch them, brings joy! DH was refilling the feeder too so I'm sure it will be around regularly now. Hope he brings lots of friends too. Its in the front yard by the flowers... the other birdfeeders are in our backyard outside the dining room window and we get all sorts there that I love to watch. We've had a lot of yellow finches this year. We always have lots of cardinals and titmice but also have had a lot of chickadees this year, more robins than usual and lots of sparrows too. I love when we get a surprise visit from the woodpecker that lives in the woods behind us, and also we have gotten several new types of birds this year, still trying to identify them. Its funny because DH never really was a bird person until I moved out here and starting identifying them and now he even bought a couple of books to use and is always trying to find out what types they are!

Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #1824
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning ladies! Happy Memorial Day! It's nice to have a long weekend and have hubby home (most of the time, lol)... But it seems we stay so busy doing have-to stuff like yard work, clean the car, clean the garage... My kitchen is a disaster! We track all the garden dirt right in here. I think of the old frontier days when cabins had dirt floors and the women swept the dirt, lol.

I hope you all are having some good crafty time and gardening time today if you have a long weekend. Between taking the kids to swim and now 'supporting' hubby while he tries to fix a kitchen pipe that is clogged, I hope to play too!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #1825

Its so hot and muggy! I envy that you have the energy to do all that!
We did get up early this morning and work in the garden a bit. I was out there for about an hour and am paying for the 'squats' workout I did weeding and I think I dripped off a gallong of water jsut from the humidity! I had to thin plants, they were far too crowded from the ones started from seed, and it just kills me to have to throw away the plants... but no one here wants them it seems. I had lots of extra kale, swiss chard, broccoli and bok choy. I think I can use the greens to do a stir fry, even though they are young, but such a shame to not see those little guys grown fully.
Anyhow, our AC is acting up, and until we can get it fixed, we are just trying to stay cool here today, watching movies and crafting and hanging out inside.
Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday weekend, and here's a great THANK YOU to all who have served this country to fight for our freedoms.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #1826
Mad Swapper

StampinGoodDeeds, soooo sorry about not getting back to you sooner! Been so busy here, I haven't even been on SC for over a week. As an apology from me to you, please give yourself the prize I won from the tea party. Again, I'm sorry about not getting back to you. Please forgive me.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #1827
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, hot and muggy! Although, if I sit in just the right shaded spot and catch a breeze it's wonderful! Haven't even walked up to the garden today. I will be waiting for the sun to go down for that. Heat makes you lazy.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #1828

Oh heavens, nonsense! No worries at all!!!! I've been sweating in the muggy hot weather, brain has been in slow motion I think from it!
I've got packages to get to the post office still to mail these out even!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze View Post
StampinGoodDeeds, soooo sorry about not getting back to you sooner! Been so busy here, I haven't even been on SC for over a week. As an apology from me to you, please give yourself the prize I won from the tea party. Again, I'm sorry about not getting back to you. Please forgive me.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:26 AM   #1829

Well, we had another repairman out yesterday to look at the AC... he found one issue and has to get the part and come back later this week to work on it. I am so grateful to the Lord for rain and cooling things down a bit last night and the rest of the week!!!

Feeling a bit of the heat exhaustion I think today from the past week and my legs are killing me from garden work... gotta find a way to revive!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #1830
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls. Have no clue how far back I need to catch up. But did want to check in and say Hi. We got back from OK on monday night. Adrian brought home a horrid headcold. Not fun for a 4yr old. Thankfully she is much better today. How was your weekend?
Old 05-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #1831
Stazon Splitcoast

How did the tea party go. So sorry I had to miss it. since Adrian is feeling better, she and I need to do something together today. Bless her, right now she is occupying herself nicely. She's going to be working on her first art journal while she's here (5 more weeks).

I bought the MS paper clay yesterday. I got the last package Michaels had. I thought it would be easy for her to work with, air dry and include in her art journal. I'll let you know about the quality and stuff.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #1832

Hey there, Kelly. The tea party was fun, we had about a dozen attend and chatted for a good 1.5 hrs.

Bless her heart, hope she is on the mend and now can spoil you while you spoil her!

Christina -- I know you have been to Monticello before, right? How far are you from there? I'm not a history buff, but I was thinking of doing a day trip to see it...

Old 05-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #1833
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Well, we had another repairman out yesterday to look at the AC... he found one issue and has to get the part and come back later this week to work on it. I am so grateful to the Lord for rain and cooling things down a bit last night and the rest of the week!!!

Feeling a bit of the heat exhaustion I think today from the past week and my legs are killing me from garden work... gotta find a way to revive!
Take a bath, maybe a cool one tho, and through some of your fresh cut herbs in there for a dose of aromatherapy!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #1834
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
How did the tea party go. So sorry I had to miss it. since Adrian is feeling better, she and I need to do something together today. Bless her, right now she is occupying herself nicely. She's going to be working on her first art journal while she's here (5 more weeks).

I bought the MS paper clay yesterday. I got the last package Michaels had. I thought it would be easy for her to work with, air dry and include in her art journal. I'll let you know about the quality and stuff.
Hey, Kelly! We missed you! Hope your little one there feels better really quickly. I bet your garden has grown tons while you were away! I think of you and Susan every time I look at my potatoes, lol! Since that tire potatoe conversation spurred me on... Now if only those great looking plants are actually making potatoes down there and they don't rot!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #1835
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Hey there, Kelly. The tea party was fun, we had about a dozen attend and chatted for a good 1.5 hrs.

Bless her heart, hope she is on the mend and now can spoil you while you spoil her!

Christina -- I know you have been to Monticello before, right? How far are you from there? I'm not a history buff, but I was thinking of doing a day trip to see it...
Yes, we love Monticello... About 2 hours for us. We love Charlottesville! DH used to work there and went to school there, so it's old stomping grounds. If you're not a history buff, Monticello will almost make you one. You can have a picnic on the lawn, fyi... When are you going?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #1836

Ooooo, I'm feeling better but that still sounds like a great idea!!!

Quote:
Take a bath, maybe a cool one tho, and through some of your fresh cut herbs in there for a dose of aromatherapy!

Old 05-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #1837

I FINALLY got mine in the ground, and now I see about 2" plants poking up in the box... I'm assuming they are potatoes since I've never grown them before and don't think anything else was planted there!

Quote:
Hey, Kelly! We missed you! Hope your little one there feels better really quickly. I bet your garden has grown tons while you were away! I think of you and Susan every time I look at my potatoes, lol! Since that tire potatoe conversation spurred me on... Now if only those great looking plants are actually making potatoes down there and they don't rot!

Old 05-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #1838

No idea yet, I was looking at it online though and thinking it would be a fun day trip, I think its 3.5 hrs from me if I remember from Mapquest!

Quote:
Yes, we love Monticello... About 2 hours for us. We love Charlottesville! DH used to work there and went to school there, so it's old stomping grounds. If you're not a history buff, Monticello will almost make you one. You can have a picnic on the lawn, fyi... When are you going?

Old 05-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #1839

Christina --- Did I read right somewhere that DD is 2 tomorrow!!!??? OH MY! Time flies!!!! I'm pretty sure I still haven't even packed away that fabric and pattern from when I made her basket...haha!

Old 06-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #1840
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I could use some of that. Adrian's cold is nearly gone. Just some residule nose stuff to keep blowing.

Me on the other hand... have caught her cold. Of course I have the mother of all coughs. Figure another day or two before I feel human again. Today I've been like Dori on Finding Nemo... just keep moving just keep moving. hehehe
We picked the first huge blackberries off the thornless bush tonight. Adrian enjoyed all 3 of them. I noticed tomatoes on the Early Girl plants tonight and the peas are blooming. Late I know, but our weather has been unseasonably cool so it will be interesting to see how they do. I"ll plant again for fall.