Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #1521
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina612 View Post
All my crochet friends must be furiously hooking up Christmas gifts! I decided yesterday I needed to make a few stars for the tree. I miss y'all!
Still here, Christina. I think we're having too much fun at Toni's baby shower thread. I'm picking up the last couple of items today I need to put hers together.

While at the bank today I noticed they decided to do the mitten tree for the grade school after all (they were suppose to let me know!) So I'll check tonight to see how many hat/ scarf/ glove sets I have done that can go this year and plan for next year.

I think if the bank decides against doing it next year, I'll just do them anyway and can always take them to the grade school myself.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #1522
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Great minds think alike. Especially grandma ones. haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Too funny! One of the last things last night was that I needed to PM you and tell you we needed an updated picture

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 12-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #1523

That is an awesome idea, Kelly. My problem is that I make things and give them away asap... haha. There isn't a stockpile of those. I do have one prayer shawl right now, and one hat set. But I have to make a flower on the other hat I made last night and then it will go to another little girl at the church this week. I have fun giving things away.

DS just called and let me know that DDIL had surgery today... she'd had problems for a while and they thought it was just kidney/bladder/UTI... well, she had a recurrence and they finally figured out endometriosis so went in and removed 12 cysts and got all the endometriosis apparently. Keep her in prayers for a complete and quick recovery please.

I have been reaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllyyyyyy enjoying the woodstove/fireplace and just sitting in front of it next to the CHristmas tree reading and crocheting in the evenings. Its so calming. I don't even watch tv much anymore in the evenings. I told DH we may have to keep the tree up all year for this!

Old 12-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #1524
Pearl-ExPert

Hey ladies
Old 12-15-2011, 07:53 AM   #1525

I'm dragging the last two days, not sleeping well I guess. Hopefully I can get good solid rest tonight and tomorrow night... have to go pick up DS very early on Saturday --- he'll be here for one night, then have to take him to the airport after church on Sunday. And its a 4 hr drive each way each time... not looking forward to 16 hrs in the car this weekend, but I know I'll enjoy seeing him and talking with him.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #1526
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
New avatar pic. Isn't he cute? That's my GS enjoying the Pooh Bear I sent him for Christmas (obviously opened early!). He had been eating peaches before apparently... hehehe

Here is the pic of that blue beret I made with the boy (the one I texted to you, Christina). I have to get a pic of the little girl with it on too. Such a sweetie.
oh susan how cute is that! lovin that big bow! i have not gotten ANY crocheting done recently. i had to order all the seed beads for my next tapestry project, i thought i would go a bit cheaper and not order the delicas - big mistake - the hole is too small and there is too much non-uniformity BAH! now i have to get more beads ordered but xmas things have been over-taking things a bit lately. almost got my xmas cards done and out and now i need to make the little treat kits for pezza's classmates.

hollyn had one of her little hats on at the parade this weekend - she loves the big flower on it
Old 12-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #1527

Fun Stuff, Marti!
I'm hoping to break out the Cricut Cake mini machine that I bought this year and still haven't tried... some time off next week and I'd like to make my MIL a nice Christmas cake. I can use any carts on it, right?

Old 12-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #1528
Mad Swapper

woohoo got my christmas cards written for the mail and have decided to work on another barrette design for pezza with the delica beads i already have on hand. the barrettes are nice cuz they are quick and use less beads. i am going to try something a little different this time so i will show y'all when it's done.

YES susan you must get that cricut cake out. you can use any carts. also i strongly recommend using modeling chocolate instead of gumpaste. all you do is melt i bag of candy melts, mix it with 1/3 cup light corn syrup and let it sit for a few hours. you can use different color candy melts OR use white and color it with coloring gel.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:40 AM   #1529
Pearl-ExPert

Sounds like yummy fun ladies!

Susan, I'm so glad you get that time with you son! I know it's a lot of driving, but it's worth it... Enjoy!

Why not sleeping well?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #1530

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, gotta go get some of that to play with.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerridwen3301 View Post
woohoo got my christmas cards written for the mail and have decided to work on another barrette design for pezza with the delica beads i already have on hand. the barrettes are nice cuz they are quick and use less beads. i am going to try something a little different this time so i will show y'all when it's done.

YES susan you must get that cricut cake out. you can use any carts. also i strongly recommend using modeling chocolate instead of gumpaste. all you do is melt i bag of candy melts, mix it with 1/3 cup light corn syrup and let it sit for a few hours. you can use different color candy melts OR use white and color it with coloring gel.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #1531

Had a very nice visit with my son... he is changing so much, for good, but nonetheless you can see all the changes from when he joined the Army....

Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #1532

I realized the other day that I have yarn in more places than should be allowed.
I moved it all down to the main floor when we moved here because that is mostly where I end up crocheting. Well... its now taken over behind the chair I always sit in in the living room (two big bins, plus several bags are tucked back there adn they are starting to show... overspilling...); inside one chest ottoman (packed to the hilt); and now we got a second chest ottoman and they are starting to hoard in there as well...
I've got to get crocheting and stop accumulating!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #1533
Pearl-ExPert

Or let me come play with your stash!!!! Sounds like you've got loads of fun, lol. Mine was the same way in our other house. Kept moving bins up and down stairs and finally left a bunch by my chair. Then it just got to be too much. I've been trying to use up some stash but now it seems to be accumulating again. Now I have my bins and bag in the living room where my craft area is. And I have a basket or 2 of current WIPs that get toted around the house and in the car. I have issues.

So glad you had a good visit with your son. I'm glad you see positive changes.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #1534

Come play anytime, or bring yours too and we'll watch a good movie and crochet away!

Oh, if you have issues, I have issues. There are several items in ziplocs that are portable for the car too. hehehe

Old 12-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #1535
Pearl-ExPert

We could have worse problems ya know...
Old 12-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #1536
Mad Swapper

ahhh susan, if ONLY yarn was the ONLY thing spilling out everywhere at my house!

i finished the crocheting portion of the next barrette but still need to do the fringe - i like it but pezza says she likes it better with all beads instead of using beads only on the colored design portion. i will try and get a pic up later but today is shaping up to be insane :P
Old 12-20-2011, 02:28 AM   #1537
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That is an awesome idea, Kelly. My problem is that I make things and give them away asap... haha. There isn't a stockpile of those. I do have one prayer shawl right now, and one hat set. But I have to make a flower on the other hat I made last night and then it will go to another little girl at the church this week. I have fun giving things away.

DS just called and let me know that DDIL had surgery today... she'd had problems for a while and they thought it was just kidney/bladder/UTI... well, she had a recurrence and they finally figured out endometriosis so went in and removed 12 cysts and got all the endometriosis apparently. Keep her in prayers for a complete and quick recovery please.

I have been reaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllyyyyyy enjoying the woodstove/fireplace and just sitting in front of it next to the CHristmas tree reading and crocheting in the evenings. Its so calming. I don't even watch tv much anymore in the evenings. I told DH we may have to keep the tree up all year for this!
Does sound like a lovely way to spend an evening.

I keep a tub downstairs specifically for the mitten tree donation items. I hit the seasonal clearance and pick up gloves for a quarter to fifty cents a pair. Then I try to spend the season crocheting hats/ scarves to match. It was way too hot this year to think of crocheting so not many got finished.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #1538
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm glad they were able to determine what the problem was and hopefully fix it . Prayers and blessings for a speedy and healthful recovery.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #1539
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Marti, left love on your blog. Cool mallowpops!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:40 AM   #1540
Pearl-ExPert

Marti, You do have a cool blog! I love your writing style.

Hi ladies! I think I'll be doing some MORE last minute Christmas tree hooky garland and doo dads... Had neighbor and kids over for a tea party and they kinda fell in love with the trees. I'm going to have to leave some by their door as a surprise. Nothing like adding to the madness when I can't seem to get anything else done anyway, lol.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #1541
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina612 View Post
Marti, You do have a cool blog! I love your writing style.

Hi ladies! I think I'll be doing some MORE last minute Christmas tree hooky garland and doo dads... Had neighbor and kids over for a tea party and they kinda fell in love with the trees. I'm going to have to leave some by their door as a surprise. Nothing like adding to the madness when I can't seem to get anything else done anyway, lol.
Awww... that's sweet Christina

They were cute. I can understand how they fell in love with them
Old 12-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #1542
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

I just made two candy cane holders. Thought I had enough but noooo Christmas Eve finds me making more.

Merry Christms everyone.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #1543
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL Usually the way. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #1544
Mad Swapper

hi all!!!

thanks for the sweet words about my blog! i hope you all had a great christmas! ours was good but i am ready to be done!

well christmas craziness finally came to a close so i could get back to my bead crochet barrette. as i mentioned i tried some different things this time - i used the smaller size seed beads and where the design is white i did not put beads - so the beaded portion is raised on this one. it looks ok but i think i like the full beading better. i am thinking of submitting this to a mag call for seed bead projects.....

Old 12-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #1545
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
hi all!!!

thanks for the sweet words about my blog! i hope you all had a great christmas! ours was good but i am ready to be done!

well christmas craziness finally came to a close so i could get back to my bead crochet barrette. as i mentioned i tried some different things this time - i used the smaller size seed beads and where the design is white i did not put beads - so the beaded portion is raised on this one. it looks ok but i think i like the full beading better. i am thinking of submitting this to a mag call for seed bead projects.....

Oh you should! Which publication are you looking at?
Old 12-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #1546
Mad Swapper

bead trends actually - they have a call out for projects using seed beads.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #1547
Polyshrink Goddess

I think this is quite pretty - love the color choices you made.

Quote:
hi all!!!

Old 12-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #1548
Pearl-ExPert

Hello... How is everyone?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #1549

Hi Everyone!
I've been crocheting more little baby berets with bows... they jsut seem to be a hit.
And made berets for each of the twins, with matching scarves. One of them is a spiral fun one and when we went to visit with the older SDs today, they requested ones in their son's football team colors and said they will try to get orders for some too from the other football team moms... so I may be busy with those but be able to bring in a little extra income from them too. That would be a nice blessing.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #1550
Polyshrink Goddess

Just wondering as I ponder how much longer my current project will take.......how many projects do most folks have going on at one time? I'm thinking of starting one at work and keeping it there, while finishing up the large blanket I'm working on now. Saves all the carrying back and forth.

I have this blanket, plus a prayer shawl to finish - and two new projects I'm just dying to start.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #1551

Oh, I have several going... that I need to pull out and finish. I hope to do some this week. I ran out of yarn in a couple of them and got it now but didn't finish them yet. I need to, or soon will forget how I was making them even! haha

Old 12-27-2011, 04:27 AM   #1552
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi Everyone!
I've been crocheting more little baby berets with bows... they jsut seem to be a hit.
And made berets for each of the twins, with matching scarves. One of them is a spiral fun one and when we went to visit with the older SDs today, they requested ones in their son's football team colors and said they will try to get orders for some too from the other football team moms... so I may be busy with those but be able to bring in a little extra income from them too. That would be a nice blessing.
Pay for your habit?
Old 12-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #1553
Stazon Splitcoast

I have several projects going on... and not all in yarn. I just pick up whichever one is calling on me at the moment or has a deadline
Old 12-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #1554
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Finally I get to share a picture of the afghan I made for my daughter for Christmas. Everyone needs some handmade love in their home and this is the first of many things I think my daughter will receive over the years

She loves it BTW

RRRGH! why won't it show the picture? i'll try again later....

MY JEWELRY: http://www.creativeeclectica.com/

210(200)(189) and counting...DOWN
Old 12-29-2011, 06:24 AM   #1555

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you have any idea how much that would involve???????

hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Pay for your habit?

Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #1556
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
hi all!!!

That's GORGEOUS!
You should definitely submit it!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:10 AM   #1557
CBC Lady Violet

I haven't posted in this thread for a while, though I often pop in to read. Crochet took a backseat among my hobbies for a while, but I've done quite a bit of crocheting the last 4-6 months or so, to make presents for Christmas. Thought I'd share some pics of the results.
I have three sets of nieces & nephews, and I crocheted them all sets of puppets. 7 puppets to a set. (Please forgive the bad pics. One of my siblings with a really good camera is hopefully going to take some better ones for me.)
Here are the first four.
Attached Thumbnails
rabbit.jpg   puppetpenguin.jpg   seahorsepuppet.jpg   duckie.jpg  
Old 12-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #1558
CBC Lady Violet

And the last three. The last one is supposed to be a bear, but I've more than a few people tell me it looks more like a pig.
Attached Thumbnails
frog.jpg   whale.jpg   bear.jpg  
Old 12-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #1559
CBC Lady Violet

After making 21 puppets, I was a bit sick of them. And I have one niece who, at 6 months, is a little young for puppets. So she got blocks.
Attached Thumbnails
asblocks.jpg  
Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #1560
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
That's GORGEOUS!
You should definitely submit it!
thank you!