Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leeann34

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Cardstock Collector

Question Creating Keepsakes dissapointment

Hello Everyone,
Am I the only person upset over the Creating Keepsakes and Paper Crafts changing their format to mostly a digital subscription? I don't know about you, but I'm a touchy feeling person and one of the reasons I still scrapbook the conventional way vs. digital, is because I love the feel of paper and other embellishments.
Anywho, I'm considering cancelling my subscriptions to both magazines since the news of the digital subscriptions.
Let me get this out there: I'm pretty computer savy so, that is not the reason at all. In fact, maybe that is the reason I need more actual on hands crafting. I work in front of a computer 8+ hours a day.
Please give me feedback. I really enjoy those magazines, but what is the use of paying for a subscription on line if I could probably get that and more ideas going to other websites, blogs and forums for free?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
Kookie Creator

I'm with you, I like to step away from technology and have something to read on the deck or before going to sleep. I would never pay for an online subscription, especially as you said, there are plenty of blogs and ways to see others' projects for free. I follow about 100 feeds and most of the time I just look at the pictures and read the ones that are interesting to me, just like I do with a real magazine. If I'm sitting down at my computer, it's for doing other things, not reading a magazine. Also, there's nothing like opening my mailbox and finding a fresh new magazine

I'm curious to know what the difference in cost is for the reader, considering there's much less overhead if a magazine is not being printed and mailed out. With that, there's no way (IMHO) they're doing this on behalf of the reader.
trailblazer likes this post.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
Cardstock Collector

Smile Creative Keepsakes disappointment

Thanks LeAnn. I will be writing the magazine and give them a piece of my mind. Wish me luck!

Alma
Old 08-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #4
Crimping Master

I agree. While I enjoy surfing SCS and other sites for ideas, I still like having something to hold. I like having a magazine in my purse to pull out when I have a minute.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

I took out of my local library the last couple issues of Creative Keepsake. Very disappointing. I didn't know Paper Crafts was going digital. I just thought the new issue wasn't out yet. I was disappointed when Crafts magazine was combined from 2 magazines into one.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Mad Swapper

They are not magazines we have over here, but I too would be very unhappy about going digital. I'm the same with books- I know a Kindle holds thousands of books, is light, blah, blah, blah! But I like to hold a real book in my hands, turn real pages. Same with writing, I love to write with a pen & paper. Most of us now are computer savvy, its not technophobia, its the whole experience- we're losing the tactile area of a thing. And being crafters, tactile is important to us. Allmyscraps, you go get 'em, girl!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to diecuts4u
Default Want the whole hardcopy magazine or nothing

I am so into leafing thru issues to get inspiration and new ideas. I hate the flimsy 1/2 magazine they have sent the last two months. I would never ever renew. and usually do two years at once not any more. I will be DONE
Old 09-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Forum Fanatic

I don't buy them anymore but that is disappointing. I know most people have the internet now but around here, I know a lot of people who don't. Or if they do it's dialup and there's no way they could read a magazine online.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 11-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up I fear the domino effect....

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmyscraps View Post
Hello Everyone,
Am I the only person upset over the Creating Keepsakes and Paper Crafts changing their format to mostly a digital subscription? I don't know about you, but I'm a touchy feeling person and one of the reasons I still scrapbook the conventional way vs. digital, is because I love the feel of paper and other embellishments.
Anywho, I'm considering cancelling my subscriptions to both magazines since the news of the digital subscriptions.
Let me get this out there: I'm pretty computer savy so, that is not the reason at all. In fact, maybe that is the reason I need more actual on hands crafting. I work in front of a computer 8+ hours a day.
Please give me feedback. I really enjoy those magazines, but what is the use of paying for a subscription on line if I could probably get that and more ideas going to other websites, blogs and forums for free?
I so agree. When the company sent me the letter with my subscription letting me know they were going digital I politely replied back telling them I would not be renewing my subscription. I do understand, I am sure it is very costly versus digital, but they should just pack the magazine in....there is far too much out there on the computer to pay for a digital subscription of a magazine. I don't even see any scrapbooking magazines out there anymore and I am anticipating that the card magazine I subscribe to will soon be giving their notice...and I will reply with the same message to them. I don't do digital scrapbooking for a reason.....like yourself....I am a hands on...touchy...feely...kind of gal!

Thanks for posting.

Sandra