Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Default Chicago/Denver

Hi everyone,
I'm a Canadian who is taking a trip to Chicago and to Denver this summer. I was wondering about Chicago and where to possibly stay that is safe/cheap and by the airport? Also what would be some "don't miss" attractions?
The same for Denver, we are there for a soccer tournie and have a hotel close to Dick's sporting field and were hoping to do a half day family white water rafting ride?
Any help out there from the locals would be greatly appreciated.
Jen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

btt
do I have this in the right thread ???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Watercolor Wizard

Can't speak for Denver, but I do live in the Chicago suburbs. Are you going to have a car? O'Hare is a good half hour from downtown in heavy interstate traffic, just so you know. There is some train access into the city, so Google that if you are going that route. Not sure where it drops off downtown. I know people who have stayed at the airport Hilton, but it's more of a business area and business feel to the hotels.

As far as attractions and beauty, I don't think Chicago can be beat. Here are some ideas: FOR SURE, Navy Pier. A can't miss. All of the museums are good, but the Science and Industry is a bit away from the others, you can't walk it, but you can (longer walk but easily doable) to the other museums from downtown... art, aquarium, planetarium and field. Definitely go see the "bean" in Grant Park. The Water Tower area is nice for shopping, the American Girl Store is fun. Stuff can be pretty spread out. That being said, it is all accessible via taxi or train or bus, but there might be several connections. When are you coming in? Early August is Lolapalooza so I hope not then. The city will be a mess. My son has a ticket for all three-days and is beyond excited. Oh, you can check out the Willis (Sears) Tower because it has the clear glass walkout deck way up there. Haven't had the guts to do that yet! LOL. But you can PM me if you want more info, I am happy to share what I know. Just don't miss Grant Park, the lake and Navy Pier. They're all there together so it's easy to do....