Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Chiari Malformatin I - anyone familiar with this?

My 18 year old daughter is going in for surgery on Monday for this condition. I was just wondering if there was anyone here familiar with this condition who has had the surgery and can tell me your experience? We have seen several doctors over the years and, from what our current "team" is telling us, this just might be the ticket for our daughter. Of course, there are no promises made and, to me, this is pretty major surgery for no promises. Neurologists tell us it is more common than most would think and they are confident that she will come through without a hitch. I guess as the surgery date gets closer, I just get a little more scared. If you want to share your experience...I am all ears!! Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't have any info for you but wanted to wish your daughter the best ever surgical outcome. I hope it provides the relief you're seeking.

Hugs to her and to you.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Crimping Master

Thanks, Linda We are trying to keep busy this weekend so not to think too much about it. Putting up the tree and outside lights, baking, stuff like that. Monday will be here soon enough, might as well enjoy the weekend while it's here!!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
Stampin' Fool

I have no details, but my great nephew had the surgery for Chiari and it was successful. He's doing well.
CraftyMel2 likes this post.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope your daughter's surgery went well!

How long before they know if it gives the desired outcome?
Old 12-03-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
Crimping Master

Thanks, Linda. All went well. They had to remove her top vertibrae to give a little more room for fluid to flow. Doctor said that this next week is the one to watch. He said she will be in pain for about 2-3 weeks while the surgery spot is healing but then it should be pretty quick to know for sure of the success or failure. If she has no more headaches, then we know it worked This was a last resort after years of treatments that did not work so if this does NOT work, then we are back to square one it seems. Fingers crossed it will work and she can go back to living a regular normal life, headache free!!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Crossing fingers & toes!
Old 12-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas! How is she doing? I too have no information. I googled it just now. I hope she is fully recovered with no headaches!
Old 12-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #9
Crimping Master

Thanks, Sophie I hope you are having a great holiday as well!!! She is doing pretty well considering. She was released to drive on Tuesday so that made her happier than anything else I think! She still has pains...surgery pains, headache, body ache; that kind of thing. Doc says that is perfectly normal though, her body has been through a lot and it takes time to heal. Things are progressing well though so I am sure that in time she will be completely healed
lindylou1220 likes this post.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh good, glad to hear that!