Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Canada Help!!!

Hello ladies-
I thought id post here 1st....So my DD whom is in 5th grade is doing a report on National Parks...Well she wants to do her report on a Canadian NP! Got any suggestion on which park she should chose (she has a huge list of NPs in Canada)or input?
Greatly Appreciated!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

My personal favourite is Banff National Park. Probably because we live in Alberta and are able to go there quite often and enjoy the amazing scenery. It was Canada's first NP. There is quite a bit of history to the area too. The foresight of the early settlers to set aside land for National Parks was a monumental decision! We just attended a wedding at the top of the ski hill at Lake Louise in September. It was simply wonderful. Good luck to your daughter on her report. There are some amazing NPs in Canada for her to choose from.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
CBC Lady Violet

There are quite a few really lovely parks, but I would say in general, that Banff is certainly one of the most well-known of the parks.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Crimping Master

I would pick Banff too, it's stunning, absolutely beautiful and would make a great project, lots of information available.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Kookie Creator

Banff is a good choice, stunning and famous as well, adjoining is Kootenay National Park. We enter KNP at Radium, BC and follow the highway through to Banff, about 3 hours from home. We are so lucky to live in the mountains and enjoy such beauty!! good luck to your daughter.