Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
Forum Fanatic

Question Best flip flops for wide feet?

I bought some Tevas and they are so uncomfortable I can't stand to wear them. I think they're too narrow. I gave them to dd and she likes them so they're hers now. I'm looking at shoebuy because of a coupon but I'm willing to try other places too.

btw I've tried on Reef and they seem narrow too.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
Glitter Guru

I like Birkenstocks and Crocs, though some of those are wider than others. Not sure if either count as flipflops, though! I buy most of my shoes from www.zappos.com - you can do a specialized search for what's available in your size and width. Buying C or even D width shoes helps me feel more comfortable.

HTH-
Old 05-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
Mad Swapper

I don't wear flip flops, but sandals from SAS. I really like them. They are pricey, but are the most comfortable I've found.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva

I really like my Crocs flip-flops. I can't stand the regular clogs, but the flip-flops are great! And my foot is wide across the ball, but I also have a high instep.

My itty bitty gallery
Old 05-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Ecco Brand fits nicely and they are very comfortable. They are at dept. stores or some cities have their stores. They are sandals, not flip flops, though, and on the expensive side.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:01 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

Yup, Croc flops are very roomy!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:55 AM   #7
Crimping Master

I have very wide feet and never wore flip flops. I found a pair at Kohl's this Spring and LOVE them! They are Speedo flip flops. They come in either blue and green or dark/light pink. They are soooo comfy and the best part is they were on sale for like $8.50!!!

I also were Crocs, the Nile. I love those too. But for a true flip flop the Speedo's are great!

My Gallery...

Dear Lord, Please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
(One of my favorite sentiments from River City Rubber Works!)
Old 05-23-2007, 06:15 AM   #8
Glitter Guru

Yep---have tried the Tevas and the Reefs myself and too narrow for me! I have found great luck with the LLBean flipflops---they are just a tad wider and don't look it. Check them out http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...feat=9974-sub2 I have this pair and a few others, LOL
Old 05-23-2007, 06:23 AM   #9
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR
I like Birkenstocks and Crocs, though some of those are wider than others. Not sure if either count as flipflops, though! I buy most of my shoes from www.zappos.com - you can do a specialized search for what's available in your size and width. Buying C or even D width shoes helps me feel more comfortable.

HTH-
Thanks for the tip! I have wide feet, but they're also thick (I prefer to say 'tall' lol), from the top of my foot to the sole; so I have a hard time finding shoes. I will have to check this out!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:46 AM   #10
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by navybrat75
Thanks for the tip! I have wide feet, but they're also thick (I prefer to say 'tall' lol), from the top of my foot to the sole; so I have a hard time finding shoes. I will have to check this out!
That's my problem too. It's called the instep, and mine is high.

My itty bitty gallery
Old 05-23-2007, 06:55 AM   #11
Matboard Maniac

I really like my Birkenstocks. I also have a flip-flop from Clarks that are great! Both are a bit pricey, but they'll last for years. I don't have wide feet or a high instep (somehow I didn't inherit that from my mom, just her wide hips! LOL) But, I know that Birkenstocks come in several widths. I don't have a narrow foot, but had to get narrow when I bought them. And the straps adjust so much that a standard width pair might be just right since you have wiggle room w/the straps.

Good luck finding a pair, I know how frustrating shoe shopping can be when you have something very specific in mind!

My blog...a work in progress...
Old 05-23-2007, 06:59 AM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to gamblemom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammys1977
I have very wide feet and never wore flip flops. I found a pair at Kohl's this Spring and LOVE them! They are Speedo flip flops. They come in either blue and green or dark/light pink. They are soooo comfy and the best part is they were on sale for like $8.50!!!

I also were Crocs, the Nile. I love those too. But for a true flip flop the Speedo's are great!
I have these too and they fit very well on my wide feet
Old 05-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I have the Speedos from Kohls also. I love them!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #14
Crimping Master

I tried to search all over to find a picture of the speedo flip flops from kohl's. They are not on the Kohl's website, but I bought mine on a display rack by the bathing suits, not in the shoe department. Maybe they don't have them anymore, but I just bought mine in late March.

I found a picture on ebay... mine are light and dark pink. I wear a size 9 wide and I have these in a Large and they fit great! I just thought I'd show you a picture if you wondered what they look like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Speedo-Aqua-Blue...QQcmdZViewItem

(I paid less for mine than they are asking for shipping!)

My Gallery...

Dear Lord, Please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
(One of my favorite sentiments from River City Rubber Works!)
Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #15
Forum Fanatic

Thanks everyone! My biggest problem is that I have NO stores locally to try on shoes. We have sears, penneys and dunhams-that's pretty much it. I can get to a kohls and probably will be going near it soon so I'll check there. I want some crocs capris but they are $40 and I can't try them on around here so I hate to spend that much when I may not even like them.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #16
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale
Thanks everyone! My biggest problem is that I have NO stores locally to try on shoes. We have sears, penneys and dunhams-that's pretty much it. I can get to a kohls and probably will be going near it soon so I'll check there. I want some crocs capris but they are $40 and I can't try them on around here so I hate to spend that much when I may not even like them.
Gale, if you order from www.zappos.com, they have free shipping both ways. For Crocs, I got mine at Bass Pro Shop, but I know our Hallmark stores are carrying them too. I wear an 8 Wide, and bought the size 8 Womens/6 Mens. You can go to www.crocs.com to check them out. I paid $30 for mine.

My itty bitty gallery
Old 05-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #17
Compulsive Stamper

Sketchers...try both the men's and womens....
Old 05-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #18
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale
Gale - I don't have crocs, but my son does and he loves them. They are plenty wide and we bumped up a size to avoid him growing out before the summer season was over. The crocs rep that I spoke with was very nice and took the time to really explain to me some of the benefits of the shoe...mostly that they're washable and anti-fungal (my son gets stinky feet.) But he also told me that they way they are made makes them easy to walk in even if they are a little large on your foot. So, I would imagine that even if you had to go a size up to try and get a comfy width for your foot you still wouldn't have issues walking in them with a fear of walking out of them or tripping over yourself. My son is 2 1/2 and does very well walking and running in them and like I said, they're currently a size too big on him.

Good luck and take care!

My blog...a work in progress...
Old 05-23-2007, 03:41 PM   #19
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly.sutterfield
Gale, if you order from www.zappos.com, they have free shipping both ways. For Crocs, I got mine at Bass Pro Shop, but I know our Hallmark stores are carrying them too. I wear an 8 Wide, and bought the size 8 Womens/6 Mens. You can go to www.crocs.com to check them out. I paid $30 for mine.
You mentioned the Crocs Capris, but I got the Athens & am totally happy with them. They are probably a little wider than the Capris because they are unisex rather than just for women.

My itty bitty gallery
Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #20
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to SkyesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR

HTH-
Crocs make flip flops. I have wide duck feet and I bought some sketchers flip flops and they are very comfy.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #21
Insane Embellisher

I've never worn Crocs. I haven't found cute flip flops in my size (OMG I wear an 11 or 12 in womens plus I have wide feet...ROFL) do Crocs make them that big?

My little gallery
Old 05-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #22
Watercolor Wizard

I don't have super wide feet, but I got a pair of Sketcher flip flops last summer, that I wore constantly. Way comfy, and more than wide enough for my feet. They were around $15, and I'm wearing them again this summer, so I thought it was a deal. Good luck finding something!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #23
Forum Fanatic

I have skechers from last summer and they aren't very comfortable. They're ok but not for a bunch of walking. We went to the zoo last summer and I wore them. We were only there for 3 or 4 hours and my feet and legs were killing me.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #24
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonbutterfly
I've never worn Crocs. I haven't found cute flip flops in my size (OMG I wear an 11 or 12 in womens plus I have wide feet...ROFL) do Crocs make them that big?
Crocs flip flops come in mens sizes, too. My husband and I both wear the same size so we got mens in red and black and yellow and black. I need the extra width that the men's sizing provides. Just another evidence that my DH and I were meant to be together!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:16 AM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with the crocs flops. I don't own them myself, but from seeing them in the store they are wider than most flops!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #26
Die Cut Diva

Crocs rock for wide feet! I have flip flops and the Mary Janes, and that's virtually all I've been wearing these past few weeks.
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Old 05-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #27
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to austamper Send a message via MSN to austamper Send a message via Yahoo to austamper

I've always been teased that I should just leave the shoes at the store and wear the shoe box home. Ever since I was little. I have wide feet but they are short... bad combination.

I wear Reefs and Old Navy flip flops. I could never buy online unless they are W's because they typically end up too narrow.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #28
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tah Dah! View Post
Crocs rock for wide feet! I have flip flops and the Mary Janes, and that's virtually all I've been wearing these past few weeks.
I'm glad to hear the flip flops and MJs are good for wide feet, too - I've been wearing nothing but my two pairs (and my husband's one pair - we wear the same size, too) of clogs and I'd like to get either flip flops or MJs, or both! They're certainly not the most fashionable of shoes, but I haven't had nearly as much pain in my arthritic knees since I've been wearing them. I even wore my black ones under my formal long skirt when I sang with the symphony last month. I hope the ones without holes are as comfy this winter - I can't wear shoes with holes in WA
Old 05-31-2007, 08:24 PM   #29
Forum Fanatic

I went to kohls today and found some speedos for $12.99. They are not exactly like the ones in the ebay auction but they were the only speedo sandals I could find there. I was thinking of ordering the capris but I mostly wear my regular crocs in the summer and I didn't want to spend that much on flip flops that I only wear sometimes. I'll post how these speedos feel.

they also had some, I think nike, that had a gel insole. They were really cushy but were $23 so I figured I'd try the speedo first. If I hate them I can just give them to dd like I did the tevas. She's not picky like me.