Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #4081
Inking Addict

I would like to add this: The bible is a large story book written by people.
If there is a loving god, would he or she allowed the have all those concentration camps!! The suffering of a lot of people throughout the world??

jogry/bali
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #4082
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksjones View Post
Amen, sister-friend!

Do you live in the bible-belt too?
Hey Barb, I've net Wrose IRL. She's a pretty cool chick, even for a heathen non believer
Old 10-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #4083

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogry View Post
If there is a loving god, would he or she allowed the have all those concentration camps!! The suffering of a lot of people throughout the world??
Unanswerable questions when using a religious argument. After all God gave people free will
Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #4084

And welcome jogry. How do you pronounce your name?
Old 10-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #4085
Pearl-ExPert

Post Modern Interpretation of Revelation

Forget about End Times. A newer view of Revelation ...... quoting from Wiki...

Preterist view
Preterism holds that the contents of Revelation constitute a prophecy of events that were fulfilled in the 1st century[18]. Preterist interpretations generally identify either Jerusalem or Pagan Rome as the persecutor of the Church, "Babylon", the "Mother of Harlots", etc. They see Armageddon as God's judgment on the Jews, carried out by the Roman army, which is identified as "the beast". Some preterists see the second half of Revelation as changing focus to Rome, its persecution of Christians, and the fall of the Roman Empire. It sees the Revelation being fulfilled in 70, thereby bringing the full presence of God to dwell with all humanity. It also holds, especially in the Catholic belief, that the Emperor Nero, who blamed the Rome fire on the Christians in Rome, sparking a wave of persecution, was possibly the number of the beast mentioned in the book as his name equals 666 in Hebrew[19]. If using the Greek spelling of Nero's name (Neron Caesar), but using the Hebrew symbols with their assigned numeric values (an ancient method known as gematria), the total of the numeric values equals 666. However, a few ancient manuscripts of the Revelation say the number is 616, fifty less than the more well known numeral. A possible method to this problem lies in early translation. In the assumption that the Revelation was meant to be distributed among the early Christians, it could very well be assumed that occasionally someone may have used the Latin spelling of Nero's name (Nero Caesar), so the total value of the gematria would be 616

Of course, this version isn't any good for scaring people into going to church and giving money.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #4086
Pearl-ExPert

Default Welcome

Quote:
Welcome! Come and chat any time!
I was surprised too. Never expected to find free thinkers here. But I'm glad I found them.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 PM   #4087
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
Hey Barb, I've met Wrose IRL. She's a pretty cool chick, even for a heathen non believer
Awwww.....

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #4088

Quote:
Hi, Well put, I think the same, it is the cause of religions which makes all the wars. I lived in the formerly know west New Guinea. I have seen the mission working there. Who gives them the right to tell to the papoea,s that there religion is the right one. It is sad to confuse those lovely people. There were about 6 different religions working in Papoea, they all claim to have the right god????
Religion certainly has been at the root of a lot of wars.

I sort of think people in power in search of more money/power are the real cause but they use religion to get people to support them.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #4089
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily55 View Post

Preterist view
Preterism holds that the contents of Revelation constitute a prophecy of events that were fulfilled in the 1st century[18]. Preterist interpretations generally identify either Jerusalem or Pagan Rome as the persecutor of the Church, "Babylon", the "Mother of Harlots", etc. They see Armageddon as God's judgment on the Jews, carried out by the Roman army, which is identified as "the beast". Some preterists see the second half of Revelation as changing focus to Rome, its persecution of Christians, and the fall of the Roman Empire. It sees the Revelation being fulfilled in 70, thereby bringing the full presence of God to dwell with all humanity. It also holds, especially in the Catholic belief, that the Emperor Nero, who blamed the Rome fire on the Christians in Rome, sparking a wave of persecution, was possibly the number of the beast mentioned in the book as his name equals 666 in Hebrew[19]. If using the Greek spelling of Nero's name (Neron Caesar), but using the Hebrew symbols with their assigned numeric values (an ancient method known as gematria), the total of the numeric values equals 666. However, a few ancient manuscripts of the Revelation say the number is 616, fifty less than the more well known numeral. A possible method to this problem lies in early translation. In the assumption that the Revelation was meant to be distributed among the early Christians, it could very well be assumed that occasionally someone may have used the Latin spelling of Nero's name (Nero Caesar), so the total value of the gematria would be 616

Of course, this version isn't any good for scaring people into going to church and giving money.
Martha, what a great post. Doesn’t this make a whole lot more sense? The bible is full of stories about people not understanding the weather, etc. (floods and bugs etc) and they needed a reason for everything. This account for revelation sure makes a lot more sense than what most believe. Fear is the most powerful tool to control people.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Old 10-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #4090
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Religion certainly has been at the root of a lot of wars.

I sort of think people in power in search of more money/power are the real cause but they use religion to get people to support them.
I so agree! I TRULY believe that religion is the opiate of the masses and leaders have used it throughout time to suppress their people. People can put up with just about anything if they believe a greater reward is coming.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #4091
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily55 View Post

Preterist view
Preterism holds that the contents of Revelation constitute a prophecy of events that were fulfilled in the 1st century[18]. Preterist interpretations generally identify either Jerusalem or Pagan Rome as the persecutor of the Church, "Babylon", the "Mother of Harlots", etc. They see Armageddon as God's judgment on the Jews, carried out by the Roman army, which is identified as "the beast". Some preterists see the second half of Revelation as changing focus to Rome, its persecution of Christians, and the fall of the

Roman Empire. It sees the Revelation being fulfilled in 70, thereby bringing the full presence of God to dwell with all humanity. It also holds, especially in the Catholic belief, that the Emperor Nero, who blamed the Rome fire on the Christians in Rome, sparking a wave of persecution, was possibly the number of the beast mentioned in the book as his name equals 666 in Hebrew[19]. If using the Greek spelling of Nero's name (Neron Caesar), but using the Hebrew symbols with their assigned numeric values (an ancient method known as gematria), the total of the numeric values equals 666. However, a few ancient manuscripts of the Revelation say the number is 616, fifty less than the more well known numeral. A possible method to this problem lies in early translation. In the assumption that the Revelation was meant to be distributed among the early Christians, it could very well be assumed that occasionally someone may have used the Latin spelling of Nero's name (Nero Caesar), so the total value of the gematria would be 616

Super WOW! I've never heard this but it is SOOO interesting. Wish I had known about this when I was a freaked out thirteen-year-old!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #4092
Crimping Master

Quote:
Hey Barb, I've net Wrose IRL. She's a pretty cool chick, even for a heathen non believer
Heathen non-believers are my favorite! We must stick together!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #4093
Glitter Queen

Default Atheists ans Agnostics

Is this a joke? Haven't you ever read your Bible? I have attended church all my life and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I have studied the Bible for about 14 years now and have found it all to be true. Everything that God promised, he fulfilled. I hate to hear about those who don't believe in God after all He has done for me/and even you. He even sent His son Jesus to die on a cross 2008ish years ago so that our sins can be forgiven. Alls we need to do is have faith in Him and believe in our hearts that he sent his son here on earth to die for us, and pray a simple prayer to ask him to come into our hearts. Your in a lose/lose situation. If you believe there is no God you will spend eternity in hell when you die. If I'm right, I'll spend eternity in heaven. Read about it in the Bible. Why do you think this is even year 2008? Because we started counting the years since Jesus Christ was born. Do you think we would just change the way we numbered the years for no reason? Alls I have to say is that Satan has you so blinded!!! He comes to steal, kill and destroy, but Christ came so we can have everlasting life. Just one time, one!, before you go to bed tonight, pray that if there really is a God out there that he would reveal himself to you. Watch, he will. He loves you and has a wonderful plan for each life that turns to him and follows him. I'll even say a prayer for you too. He is the only true way in this life.

Prayers go out to you and all who read this thread.
God is real. Get out your Bible and find out the truth.

Laura
Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #4094
Stazon Splitcoast

Laura, we do not appreciate witnessing on this thread.

If you wish to discuss the Bible or your faith, there are other threads more to your liking.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #4095
Glitter Queen

I would like to say that if you've ever read your Bible you would know why people died in consentration camps. But since it doesn't seem like you do let me tell you. When Adam and Eve were in the garden of eden, satan tempted Eve and she choose to eat of the fruit that she was forbidden to eat, therefore she choose to sin and Adam choose to eat of the fruit also, giving Satan control over this world, and one day when Jesus returns (read Revelation) he will take control back over this world. We choose to sin and do evil and evil people have rules this world too long. Many times in scriptures also God told his chosen people, Israel, to turn from their evil ways and follow him and they turned away from him and he allowed many of them to be killed in one way or another. But God loves Israel and the Jewish people they are alway referred to as his special people. One day he will return and give them all another chance to believe that he is the true Messiah and one day, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. And you will either go to heaven or hell. The choice is up to you. Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven, and if you don't believe that then you will spend eternity in hell. I suggest getting out your Bible and finding out the truth for you until it's too late. And in heaven there will be no more consentration camps, no more killing, no more sickness, no more tears, etc. It's going to be a wonderful place. Hope to see you there.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #4096
Stazon Splitcoast

Laura, this is not the thread for you.

Please let us be.

Post reported to mods.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #4097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Sharp View Post
Is this a joke? Haven't you ever read your Bible? I have attended church all my life and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I have studied the Bible for about 14 years now and have found it all to be true. Everything that God promised, he fulfilled. I hate to hear about those who don't believe in God after all He has done for me/and even you. He even sent His son Jesus to die on a cross 2008ish years ago so that our sins can be forgiven. Alls we need to do is have faith in Him and believe in our hearts that he sent his son here on earth to die for us, and pray a simple prayer to ask him to come into our hearts. Your in a lose/lose situation. If you believe there is no God you will spend eternity in hell when you die. If I'm right, I'll spend eternity in heaven. Read about it in the Bible. Why do you think this is even year 2008? Because we started counting the years since Jesus Christ was born. Do you think we would just change the way we numbered the years for no reason? Alls I have to say is that Satan has you so blinded!!! He comes to steal, kill and destroy, but Christ came so we can have everlasting life. Just one time, one!, before you go to bed tonight, pray that if there really is a God out there that he would reveal himself to you. Watch, he will. He loves you and has a wonderful plan for each life that turns to him and follows him. I'll even say a prayer for you too. He is the only true way in this life.

Laura
Is this a joke? Do you two get together for coffee?

Welcome to SCS. The next time I see you post I'll respectfully refrain from mocking your belief and I ask that you do the same of mine.

This OBVIOUSLY is not the thread for you. Hope you find one of the NUMEROUS threads pertaining to religion that fits for you.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #4098
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
Martha, what a great post. Doesn’t this make a whole lot more sense? The bible is full of stories about people not understanding the weather, etc. (floods and bugs etc) and they needed a reason for everything. This account for revelation sure makes a lot more sense than what most believe. Fear is the most powerful tool to control people.
Totally! I think most contemporary and certainly most openminded theologists agree with this view. Even catholics have never been too big on this end times stuff.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #4099
Pearl-ExPert

Default MOD NOTE:

This thread is for Athiests/Agnostics to share their thoughts, and is to remain free of any religious "witnessing" or other confrontational or opposing view style of posting.

If anyone has need of further discussion, please PM a Mod.

Thanks all!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #4100
Pearl-ExPert

Post Breath of fresh air...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksjones View Post
Super WOW! I've never heard this but it is SOOO interesting. Wish I had known about this when I was a freaked out thirteen-year-old!
During my spiritual journey I stumbled upon some of the more liberal theologians. It was a breath of fresh air to get some more believable interpretations of the bible. John Shelby Spong,(Have heard him speak. He is awesome) Dominic Crossan, Marcus Borg,Elizabeth Johnson, Rosemary Radford-Reuther(I think that's her name) Sue Monk Kidd's Dance of the Dissident Daughters was the first one that lead me on to the others.. Then I progressed to the atheists, and well.... I still like to know that there are still some liberal christians out there!
Old 10-18-2008, 05:16 AM   #4101
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Laura
Oh boy is this not the thread for you.
"Alls" I can say is you will not find anyone here that hasn't researched religion (many different religions, not just Christianity) and come to the conclusion that we do not find that line of thinking right for us.

I'm sure that's shocking to someone who have been Christian from birth - but true just the same. Please don't feel the need to "pray for me" - I'm quite content with my life, I think you'd find that most of the people here are.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #4102
Glitter Guru

Default How rude!!!!

Quote:

Laura
Maybe I shouldn't have done but this comment made me laugh so hard I nearly peed my pants.

In my opinion God and Jesus have done nothing, absolutely nothing, for me and until proven to me otherwise I have no reason to believe in either of them. Satan certainly hasn't blinded me because I thought to believe in Satan you also have to believe there is a God - isn't Satan supposed to be a fallen angel or something? I don't believe in God and therefore don't believe in Satan either.

Why do strongly religious people, mainly Christians in my experience, feel they have the given right to condemn those of use who do not agree with them?! I haven't gone on to the Christian thread and started making comments about their beliefs and I find it truly disgusting that Christians feel they have the right to make comments on mine.

Please don't pray for me - your prayers simply fall on deaf ears!!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #4103
Crimping Master

Quote:
I would like to say that if you've ever read your Bible you would know why people died in consentration camps. But since it doesn't seem like you do let me tell you. When Adam and Eve were in the garden of eden, satan tempted Eve and she choose to eat of the fruit that she was forbidden to eat, therefore she choose to sin and Adam choose to eat of the fruit also, giving Satan control over this world, and one day when Jesus returns (read Revelation) he will take control back over this world. We choose to sin and do evil and evil people have rules this world too long. Many times in scriptures also God told his chosen people, Israel, to turn from their evil ways and follow him and they turned away from him and he allowed many of them to be killed in one way or another. But God loves Israel and the Jewish people they are alway referred to as his special people. One day he will return and give them all another chance to believe that he is the true Messiah and one day, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. And you will either go to heaven or hell. The choice is up to you. Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven, and if you don't believe that then you will spend eternity in hell. I suggest getting out your Bible and finding out the truth for you until it's too late. And in heaven there will be no more consentration camps, no more killing, no more sickness, no more tears, etc. It's going to be a wonderful place. Hope to see you there.
Are you actually saying the Jews deserve what has happened to them as an entire people because they don't believe that Jesus was the messiah? I find that view offensive and disgusting! I'd love to be there when you tell a holocaust survivor that those people deserved it for not believing as you believe and watch what happens to you!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #4104
Crimping Master

[QUOTE=sewsplendidstamper;11731575]Is this a joke? Do you two get together for coffee?
[QUOTE]

Good one! High five!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #4105
Crimping Master

Quote:

Laura
If this is true, then isn't it God's will that I have doubt, but continue to lead a moral life? I don't need an instruction manual for leading a moral life since I know right from wrong. Perhaps you should pray for your own life since you seem to find it okay to judge others so freely.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #4106
Mad Swapper

Oh My God!!! (just kidding) I found a group of normal people like me. Whoo Hoo!!!!! This is very exciting. I noticed how overtly Christian this board can be and I just bite my tongue and pass through the posts. I'm a mom of two kids and a recovering Catholic husband. We are Atheists, well me and my kids are, and I think my husband has finally come to that conclusion as well.

Organized religion frightens me for the most part. I respect eveyone's right to do as they please, but can't they just keep it in church and at home?

How many of you allow your kids to 'do' Christmas? We do it strictly for commercial and selfish purposes. I can't stand Easter and I think we'll be deleting it from our house even though chocolates have nothing to do with Jesus rising from the dead allegedly. Wat else do you do to teach your kids the Athetist way of life? My kids are taught to respect everyone's religion and I even help a Jewish friend make gifts for Purim each year. Is that being hypocritcal?

Ah, so much to discuss with all of my new soon to be best online 'friends', but now Home Depot calls.

Talk you all of you later.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #4107

OMG you are too funny. We do Christmas based around Santa and giving (and receiving) Easter is all about the Bunny.

I dont' think it's hypocritical to not believe in the one true god hocus pocus and still support, admire and respect people who do find religion to be a fulfilling part of their life.

Oh yeah and heathen bffs rock.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:39 PM   #4108

Hi Melissa, it's so nice to be called "normal" for a change. ROFL

I'm a recovering Catholic, DH is "Air Force Protestant" - that is because his folks sent him to Sunday School when he was a kid, on the AF Bases. That was in the 60s.

I've never known his folks to go to church and he's also not at all religious. We'd been married for years and one day I flat out asked him if he believed in God. He said Yes! in a surprised voice. And apparently he does, in some quiet way. He's very involved in Boy Scouts, was an Eagle Scout and nowadays is involved with teaching classes to adult volunteers.

I've only come to my atheism in recent years. I actually sent the kids to CCD classes until some time in grade school. When I quit making them go, I just figured they'd had enough. DH didn't care one way or another.

Anyway, a few years ago, I realized I was agnostic, or thought I was, and mentioned it to DD. She thought it was funny for someone of my age to come to that, and said that's where she was.

Then I found out that DS is an atheist and apparently had come to that conclusion years ago!

Anyway, that's our crazy household!

Old 10-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #4109

I have an old friend who has a very caustic sense of humor, and is also very direct and blunt. I thought I'd post a few of his comments to me from recent emails....

"He (former co-worker) told me that when he had kids he wasn’t going to have Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy or anything like that. He said that he didn’t want his kid to grow up and find that all those things weren’t real, and think that Jesus was just the same. And I just wanted to say, “but isn’t Jesus just the same?” Somehow I was smart enough not to do that though…. Still, it’s the thought that counts."

and this one...

"When I was little they (her parents) inundated me with religious stories. My Mom had been a breach birth. They had to turn her around with forceps (she’s got little bald spots on her head where they did it). She had a paralyzed hand, and my Grandfather went to the bishop and got the relic of a saint and put it under the crib and she was miraculously healed! When Mom and Dad got married they had trouble getting pregnant, and Mom prayed to the Virgin Mary and low and behold I was conceived….

It was some time when I was in college that she finally admitted that I was the product of a New Years Eve party…. And just a year or so ago we were talking about the fact that I don’t believe anymore and she said that she had a conversation with my Grandfather at one point and he said “You don’t actually believe that stuff do you?” But somehow or another she does. I can see why she does now – she’s basically blown her entire life taking care of people who took advantage of her. I can assure you she’s more than just a little peeved about it. And now she’s taking care of my Dad who as far as I can tell she’s hated my entire life. So she figures she doesn’t really have anything left except a reward in the afterlife. Good luck with that…."

Old 10-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #4110

My sister was out this way today and was visiting. We were talking about the election and how I'm hearing lots of different points of view when every other election I've NEVER heard people even utter a word about who they were supporting. I said it must have something to do with the wider circle of people in my life now that I"m older and have kids. But wow I was surprised at what people argue in the name of Jesus and then I leaned over and said "but he's made up" and she said Yep, Crazy. But we then agreed there probably was a pretty righteous dude named Jesus who was quite nice to people and we wonder when his teaching got so horrible twisted. So I guess my sister is too.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #4111
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
But we then agreed there probably was a pretty righteous dude named Jesus who was quite nice to people and we wonder when his teaching got so horrible twisted. So I guess my sister is too.
I was raised catholic and one day in catachism class, the priest asked us to raise our hands if we didn't go to church every Sunday. Well, my mom was the catholic in our family (my dad was not religious) and she took us to church. She also worked nights and one weekend a month, so we didn't make church every Sunday. So I raised my hand. The priest told me (I was 7yo at the time) to find a way to church and to tell my mom that we were sinning. I was mortified as I was 1) the only kid who raised her hand 2) terrified I was going to hell (I didn't know about purgatory) 3) pretty sure I was not allowed to ride my bike that far and couldn't find my way out of a paper bag anyway, let alone to church, and 4) was not really sure how to tell my mom we were sinners.

My point is this - it seems to me that any influential words or teachings can be twisted to justify and fit any objectionable agenda. Including instructing a 7yo to tell her mom they are sinners.

But then, you probably already knew that

Jackbuilt
Old 10-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #4112
Crimping Master

Welcome, Melissa! Yep, the normal ones gather here...no need to visit any of the other threads . I don't have children, but am a teacher, and at home and school I will observe most holidays with secular images (Love Halloween, no angels or mangers at Christmas, we don't do Easter at all).

So I had reserved The God Delusion at the library and it came in this weekend. I only read the Preface and told DH that we need to buy this book for everyone in our families for Christmas (didn't realize the irony of that till just now!). While we are together in our non-belief he seemed to think that would cause a bit of a stir. Oh well! At any rate, so far it's amazing! Had no idea Einstein was atheist, and I love the notion (mentioned in the preface) of atheist pride. Can't wait to read more.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #4113
Crimping Master

Quote:
But we then agreed there probably was a pretty righteous dude named Jesus who was quite nice to people and we wonder when his teaching got so horrible twisted.
From the history that I've studied, Jesus of Nazareth was a guy I could get behind. The things that have been done in the name of Jesus Christ, however, are apalling and shameful. I often find the WWJD stuff ironic b/c the original guy wouldn't want his name attached to any of it IMO.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #4114

Exactly Barb. But that's just cuz we don't know the Truth.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #4115
Crimping Master

I keep forgetting that! Wait, which truth?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #4116

THE Truth, duh.

I'm thinking I need to revisit an old siggy.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #4117
Crimping Master

That is awesome!
Old 10-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #4118
Crimping Master

Seriously, was that chick above, really saying that Jews deserved the Holocaust b/c they don't believe Jesus was the messiah? Is that something that churches teach? I grew up in a mostly non-denominational, but nonetheless Quaker church, so I am shocked by that!
Old 10-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #4119
Crimping Master

Quote:
Exactly Barb. But that's just cuz we don't know the Truth.

So of the hundreds of gospels that were whittled down to (oops I don't know how many there are ) a few, how can we be certain that the ones that were chosen contained THE Truth?
Old 10-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #4120

The God Delusion was a good book for me to read too, and I had also looked at it from the library and knew I needed to buy it. So I did!