Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to nadine529 Send a message via Yahoo to nadine529 Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default Anyone watch "Revelations" tonight?

Well, I made sure to catch it & I'm instantly hooked. Anyone else going to be Tivo-ing this new show?

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #2
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yep! Like I need another must-see tv show, but I'm in!!

Old 04-14-2005, 03:48 AM   #3
Insane Embellisher

Watched it and loved it. Though anything with evilness (is that a word?) truly gives me the heebie jeebies!
Old 04-14-2005, 05:34 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Dorinda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorinda

well I don't have Tivo, but yes I am hooked and yes I will be sure to catch all episodes.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:45 AM   #5
Pearl-ExPert

No! I missed all but the last 5 minutes because Iwas putting my kids to bed. Would someone care to fill me in?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:00 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to nadine529 Send a message via Yahoo to nadine529 Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Well, its kind of hard to summarize since they kept flipping between the storylines, but Bill Pullmans character went to the hospital to see the little girl. While there he learned that her fillings in her teeth had shot up into her brain. From this he concludes that anything she is saying/doing is because of that. So he gets a little nasty with the nun & tells her not to contact him. Tells her that she must have known his daughter before, because the pic that the little girl drew & the pic that his daughter used to draw are the same. As he's leaving the hospital, someone comes running out and says that they are losing the little girl & that her heart is failing. So they all run back into her room and while chaos is ensuing the little girl's heart stops - she's flatlined- and all the while, Bill Pullman just holds the little girls hand and then *bam* she squeezes his hand and her heart starts beating again. IT WAS SO GREAT!!!

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:25 AM   #7
Crimping Master

Send a message via AIM to RenHoward

I'm hoping the show gets better! I got really frustrated with how they were jumping from one scene to the next literally every two minutes. It felt kind of strung together, but was better by the end, because the story lines were all starting to come together. You know it's only a mini-series, right? That was my understanding from looking at the satellite guide. It said part one of six. Anyway, I think it WILL get better and will watch to see!

Renee
Old 04-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #8
Rubber Obsessor

Default Revelations

I, too, got hooked. I think they kept jumping around so much last night because they were trying to get everyone's "background" revealed in the first episode. Now that they have brought them all together, it should go better. I never studied the book of Revelations so I don't / won't know what is really based on the Bible or what is made up for television. I hope someone with that knowledge will keep us informed on their interpretation of what is presented. It certainly stirred my thoughts up and quite honestly sparked some fear too. I think I'll start doing some reading of my own.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #9
Watercolor Wizard

Yes- I am hooked on this one two-- by the way who hear has read the Left Behind Series. (I love these books)

Also did you catch the show prior to Revelation. I think it was 60 min. it was about the Davinci code. I was so happy with the ending of that. cuz i started to read the book but it just upset me to the point of throwing it out. no no i really threw the book away normally i donate or give books to others but i threw it away because it was just craziness. At the begining i thought the guy being interviewed was a total proponant (sp?) but at the end his remark was something like -- years later someone could be watching the interview and make a letter v connection between the two bodies and take away that one or both were vegetarians etc etc. I was so giddy with exitement that he pointed that fact out.

(disclaimer I am not trying to start a debate nor am i telling anyone else what to believe i am just stating my opinion - I will not post to argumental statements)
Old 04-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #10
Crimping Master

Send a message via Yahoo to ktmac
Default Oh, I wish I had Tivo!!

Loved it......and I'm in the process of reading Left Behind (the first one) now. Are there 3 of them? I'm getting a little bored with the political part of it but I guess that's an evil necessity, as in real life.

My gallery, such as it is!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:55 PM   #11
Watercolor Wizard

I can't remember how many there are but there are more than 3. There is a new one but i am waiting for paperback. The first one was very political i agree but it give the backdrop to the rest of the series.

such good books.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:58 PM   #12
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I heard a radio interview with the producer. He implied that if the 6 espisode mini series does well that it might be become a series later. Boy did that satanist guy CREEP me out!

I have read the entire Left Behind series. I think it's 7 or 8 books - I forget exactly. They get better after the first one.

Dawn - do you still need a synopsis on the whole hour?