Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2004, 05:21 AM   #1
Mad Swapper

Default Anybody watch Days of our Lives???

Okay so I've been watching Days basically since I was about 10yrs old. I think my mom use to tape it and watch it after work but anyhow, it has been quite a few years!!! When watching it Friday I noticed a little note on the bottom of the screen "do not miss the last 5 minutes" I was so intriqued. I thought maybe something finally big is going to happen like, Shawn ecscaping, someone finding the people on the island, Jen having the baby..... SOMETHING!!! But it was just a preview of what's gonna happen on the next episode like they normally do. But this seemed to go on forever (actually it probably was the whole last 5 minutes) But anyhow, they were giving some great clues as to what's happening next and I couldn't WAIT until today to watch it. I know AND read many times when they kept saying "On the next episode which will air on Aug 30" But truthfully I wasn't really paying attention to the date UNTIL THIS MORNING!!!! I know, sometimes is just takes me a while to "get it". I know it's all because of the Olympics but REALLY NOW!!! Why do they have to make us wait!!! I cannot wait 2 full weeks. What's a woman to do!!! Anyone else in the same boat??

~~~Pam
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:48 AM   #2
Rubber Obsessor

I used to watch it all the time back home. When we moved in March I lost track of everything going on. Now I only get to watch it every now and then. Atleast if I miss it at noon, it's on again here at 1:00. The whole island thing, what is up with that? I usually go to this website if I miss something, it's pretty good about keeping you up on things. It is
www.soapoperafan.com Check it out, maybe it'll have something that you missed.

SCS # 8932
Old 08-16-2004, 06:15 AM   #3
Rubber Obsessor

Pam-
I've been watching Days for years as well and have been pretty disappointed lately with the way the plots are going. Anyway, I did watch it on Friday and you would've been disappointed as well. Did you see the preview they had on Thursday for Fridays episode? Basically it was everything they showed! Brady and Nicole kissing, Chloe getting into a car accident, Marlena and Roman kissing, Kate and John kissing (can't stand the thought of that one)...I think that was it. I think the "big" moment was for Marlena and John to be with someone else. Kinda wierd... Anyway...did you see the big preview for when it comes back? Hopefully, they'll shake things up a bit.
Let me know if you need the skinny on anything else

Tiffany
Old 08-16-2004, 06:30 AM   #4
Glitter Queen

Yes, I watch Days as well...I've been watching it FOR YEARS! I can't believe we have to wait till Aug. 30th to see the next episode...I however, can't stand the island story line...I think the show is getting more stupid every day...but I can't NOT watch! LOL And what happened to Kirsten Storms, the chick that has played Belle for so long? I really liked her with the guy that plays Shawn...That first one thay got to take her place really could NOT act...I see they've replaced her already! This new one is better, but I want the old Belle girl back! I hate it when they do that! Does anyone else besides me think that the guy that plays Shawn Brady looks like a very young Tom Cruise??? I've thought that since day-1 of him being on the show! Oh the Days of our Lives...I'm addicted, big time!
Old 08-16-2004, 06:42 AM   #5
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via MSN to Kar Send a message via Yahoo to Kar

I have been watching it since I was in 8th grade.. well that puts it at well... uhmmmm... quite a few years!! I am not happy that it isn't on till then either but thinking.. well kids go back to school so shouldn't make a difference. Will be running around buying school supplies (only couple things yet to buy) and of course some clothes.. DD thinks that she doesn't have enough.. she has 3x what I own!! Oh well.. just something to look forward to I suppose!
Old 08-16-2004, 06:52 AM   #6
Embossing Fanatic

I an article that the girl that plays Belle is going to be on the new primetime series Club House.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:18 AM   #7
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via MSN to StephStamps

omg...August 30 will not happen soon enough.

When Kate and John started getting hot and heavy I just screamed NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Really loud. Then the phone rang and it was my friend and the first words out of my mouth were "you must have heard me screaming" She was like " are you watching this crap?"

CAn't wait!

Do yall watch passions too!

I wish CAthrine and Martin would reveal their identiy to sheriden and louis
Old 08-16-2004, 07:20 AM   #8
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy213
That first one thay got to take her place really could NOT act...I see they've replaced her already! This new one is better, but I want the old Belle girl back!
I think that they just gave her hair...not sure though. Three different Bell's in 2 weeks!

I think the Shawn locked up thing has gotten old...it's time to move on.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:31 AM   #9
Rubber Obsessor

The first Belle they hired to replace Kristen Storms was let go after 1 day of taping! She was that bad. This new one doesn't seem to be that bad, but I agree...bring the original Belle back !!!

Tiffany
Old 08-16-2004, 07:46 AM   #10
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to chiapat

ok here is what I have heard, the story line had the characters killed off, as the actors had all decided to walk out due to the writers not doing a good job, then they hired a new writer and the actors said okay we will come back then that is how the island plot developed, as for the Belle thing, the orginal was good in my eyes, however the big wigs felt that they needed someone to make the character grow more and they felt Kristen was not capable of this feat.. so they hired the second one, she was lousy so now they have a third one.. www.daysofourlives.com has bios on all characters and they had an article a month or two ago about this story line.. Hope this helps.. My daughters friend filled me in on all this.. At least with them off the air for two weeks, you gals can get some school shopping done without haveing to rush home to watch the show..
Old 08-16-2004, 07:54 AM   #11
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Okay, confession time, I watched this show w/my mom when I was a little girl all the time, so when I was out on my own, I tried to keep up or tape it for a while, but wound up giving up. I have seen in the TV Guide every once in a while that somone has died (or gotten written off), but mostly I don't know the names anymore. I think I just QUIT when I saw they were going to make Marlena demon - posessed (no thanks!!)

But, my confession is: Our first daughter is named "Kayla" after the Kayla character that was in love with "Patch" back in the 80's. I thought she was so sweet and kind, so virtuous, and I always associated that character with the name Kayla. So when my DH and I were thinking up boy/girl names, we looked up Kayla in one of those baby books. It said Kayla was a greek version of "Katherine" and it was back into popularity because of the "sweet and virtuous character portrayed on DOOL!" I know it may sound silly, but we thought it was a great character for a young girl to have, and hence, we have our Kayla All three of our children were named after people (real or characters) who have impacted us in some way.

Debbi
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Old 08-16-2004, 08:01 AM   #12
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to chiapat

Navywyf// so glad you and your family made it thru the storm, we are grateful it bypast your area, but oh so sad it left so much devastation .

Hang in there.. hopefully there will not be anymore class 4 Hurricanes coming your way during this season..
Old 08-16-2004, 08:01 AM   #13
Gabfest Goddess

this is too funny get this:

My sister's name is Hope....Her first boyfriend was named Bo, and her current longtime boyfriend is named Brady.

Cool huh?
Old 08-16-2004, 08:56 AM   #14
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via MSN to Kar Send a message via Yahoo to Kar

Stephanie, that is to funny... I wanted to name the kids after people on the show but my DH who hates soap operas had more to say.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #15
Forum Fanatic

I've been watching Days since day 1. I used to love it but now the Tom Cruise wannabe in the cage, the island story, et al are just too much. But here are the true low downs on the character changes.

Kirsten Storm gave notice and left because she got a prime time gig and didn't want to do both.

The island story came about in the minds of JERk (aka James E Reilly) and Corday over two years ago ~ so they claim. Others believe that because his firings were based on age and a law suit had been filed, that's why they are all back. Never were they going to walk.

The second Belle was so hated she was replaced her first day on the air. I personally like the current Belle and she fits better with Phillip. Kirsten was too whiney for me.

Current rumors are they will write Alison Sweeney's pregnancy into the show and Brandon may be coming back.

And ~ has anyone taken the time to calculate how long Jen has been pregnant. Matt Ashford was fired in September of last year and by the time Jen delivers she will have been pregnant over 11 months.

And if you've ever watched Passions, the same writer is writing for both, that's why it's taken a turn for the wierd. Oh, and this is the same writer that wrote the Marlena possession story years ago. Hated him then, hating him now. Which, sadly, is what he said he wanted from the fans.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:42 PM   #16
Die Cut Diva

I've been watching this for about the last 12 years or so. I think it's gotten bizzare and I'm tired of the Shawn plot. Give me a break! The island think is weird too. I'm not sure if it's Stephano or not?

I like Patrick...I hope he's on for a while (he's not too bad to look at!). I hope he and Jennifer get together. Jack hasn't been around for a while and I really don't like this Jack anyway...he's kind of a wimp.

What is this with Mimi possibly having cancer! They are going to try and get a public health announcement out of the show! Don't try and teach me a lesson...just give me brainless entertainment.

I continue to watch it even though it's pretty bizzare...can't stop watching it!
Old 08-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #17
Mad Swapper

I've been soapfree for at least 8 years now. I watched Days so faithfully that my schedule in college (85-90) was arranged around Y&R, Days & Another World. What a geek! I hate to admit it but, Peter Reckell (Bo), Michael Weiss (Mike Horton), Patrick Swayzee (wait, how'd he get in there??), Stephen Nichols (Steve "Patch"), Pete (Melissa Horton's boyfriend, I can't remember his "real" name) et al were all over my walls at home & at college. I taped Days daily for the first 7 years of marriage & drove DH nuts with it. HE did eventually come over to the darkside, but could do without it easier than I could. At the end, I was more addicted to Y&R, but stopped them both cold turkey sometime in 98. I then moved on to watching Knot's Landing in it's entirety in reruns on the SOAP channel. DO NOT GET ME HOOKED AGAIN!!!!! I have enough addictions in my life right now......must go stamp, well, maybe just dream about stamping since I'm still only 13 days postop. Off to bed again!
Suzanne
Old 08-16-2004, 08:28 PM   #18
Die Cut Diva

I used to watch Y & R...I used to like Michael Damian. He did a small concert in my area at a local frozen custard shop! He was so nice and personable! His music wasn't that great though. I couldn't stand Cricket so I stopped watching...she bugged me.

I tape Days everyday and watch it after my son is in bed (the serial killer plot gave him nightmares so I had to start watching it after he was in bed).
Old 08-16-2004, 08:47 PM   #19
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

OMG!!!!!! I watch Days too. I had a babysitter get me addicted in 1985 (?) I used to tape it everyday and watch it at night...that's the sign of a TRUE addict, however you can skip the commercials!

The thing is it was driving me crazy, so I quit cold turkey in 2002. Then I got laid off from my job and I've started watching again. It's amazing how stupid and lame it is and we still want to watch! I keep saying "after I find out how this story ends, I'll stop watching for good". Well, that doesn't work. That was about 30 story lines ago!!! My husband even knows what's going on and watches it with me--now THAT'S love!

As far as what is currently happening, I have no clue to the island thing. The Jennifer and Patrick story has to be the worst yet! How can a pregnant woman stand so much drama?!? All I want to see now is how the baby turns out and how they explain the island story--THEN I'll stop watching

I'm so glad I'm not alone!
Jennifer
Old 08-17-2004, 08:24 AM   #20
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via MSN to qcbetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronsmom
I've been soapfree for at least 8 years now. I watched Days so faithfully that my schedule in college (85-90) was arranged around Y&R, Days & Another World. What a geek! I hate to admit it but, Peter Reckell (Bo), Michael Weiss (Mike Horton), Patrick Swayzee (wait, how'd he get in there??), Stephen Nichols (Steve "Patch"), Pete (Melissa Horton's boyfriend, I can't remember his "real" name) et al were all over my walls at home & at college. I taped Days daily for the first 7 years of marriage & drove DH nuts with it. HE did eventually come over to the darkside, but could do without it easier than I could. At the end, I was more addicted to Y&R, but stopped them both cold turkey sometime in 98. I then moved on to watching Knot's Landing in it's entirety in reruns on the SOAP channel. DO NOT GET ME HOOKED AGAIN!!!!! I have enough addictions in my life right now......must go stamp, well, maybe just dream about stamping since I'm still only 13 days postop. Off to bed again!
Suzanne
Knots Landing.....and Dynasty. These should be on the 80s thread! They were the "thread" that held the 80s together! (That and the show Soap with Billy Crystal. THAT was hilarious!)

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Old 08-17-2004, 10:12 AM   #21
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to nessastamps Send a message via Yahoo to nessastamps

I watch Days too! (My mom got me hooked way back in elementary school.) All this talk about the last episode (before the Olympics) has my curiosity peaked though - yet another inconvience of Hurricane Charley: the news coverage of the hurricane pre-empted Days on Friday so I missed it! Now the olympics are on.... ugh how much longer can I wait?

I totally agree that alot of the current story lines are getting old. Jennifer has been pregnant way too long - and I am tired of being able to see her "pillow" underneath her shirt on that cliff... Plus how many times can she ALMOST fall to her death?!?!? Give me a break! Everytime she squeals in fright from almost falling - my son squeals out loud too. She's got to stop!

I like the old Belle, and can't stand the Shawn/Jan prison thing....I mean really that girl must weigh like 5 lbs - surely he could have beat the crap out of her and escaped by now!

I think my favorites right now are Sammy and Lucas - he is HOT! Hope to see a wedding out of that line....(I'm a sucker for weddings - even on TV).

Okay, enough rambling...

Vanessa
Old 08-17-2004, 10:41 AM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

How funny! Today my husband asked me what time "my show" came on so that he could have the tape put back in before it started. OF COURSE I had to tell him that it is not on for a couple weeks. He said "WHY"! I think I have him hooked too! I have been watching Days for as long as I can remember. My Father used to watch it with my Mother when I was just a baby and they remember the beginning of the show. I have recorded it since Junior High!!
ANYWAY - I hate the writer that they have now - was very happy with the way things were going before! BUT allas I continue to watch in hopes that things will come back to some sort of normal!
Don't care for the Jan and Shawn story line or the whole Island thing either. But that is what soaps are all about I guess!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:46 AM   #23
Matboard Maniac

Default Days of Our Lives

I've been watching since the early 70's.
I thought it was bad enough that they preempted for tennis, but now olympics. Why do we have all of these Sports Channels if they continue to use regular channels for sports.
I think the story line is getting stupid too. I never liked Passions. Same writer, evil story lines. I almost quit watching when they started killing off the main characters. Sometimes I do skip some of it. I agree with it taking too long. I lose interest. Jennifer taking forever to have a baby and the deal with Shawn. Also, I don't understand how Phillip is stationed in Salem. We have a war here!
Story lines years ago used to be based on today's problems. Now this one is trying to compete with Stephen King!
Old 08-17-2004, 11:16 AM   #24
Crimping Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carolync6

I've been watching Days since the beginning too. My mother was a die hard fan. Now she doesn't watch any soaps at all. I'm getting kind of bored with the current plots though. I only watch once a week during the summer (our pool is closed on Tuesdays) and that seems to be enough to keep up with the snail's pace the story is moving at.

I watch Passions too, but I hate myself for it.

Don't worry kymbers stampin, Jenn's baby may be in there for more than 11 months but it'll be 15 by next summer so there'll be a good teen storyline.

Thanks to everyone for letting me know about the new new Belle. I also just thought they changed the first new Belle's hair. She was truly awful. I don't like this one either. She looks kind of hard, and she seems way older than the old Belle.

Carolyn
Old 08-17-2004, 12:57 PM   #25
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolync6
I watch Passions too, but I hate myself for it.
I know the feeling!! It's like watching a train wreck you hate it, but you can't take your eyes off of it.

Quote:
Don't worry kymbers stampin, Jenn's baby may be in there for more than 11 months but it'll be 15 by next summer so there'll be a good teen storyline.
Isn't that the truth. In time he/she will be the same age as Wil and Abby (another character I cannot stand). And what's up with that, both her parents are missing and we haven't even seen her.

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for letting me know about the new new Belle. I also just thought they changed the first new Belle's hair. She was truly awful. I don't like this one either. She looks kind of hard, and she seems way older than the old Belle.
Carolyn
The first actress (Kirsten Storm) was beginning to look too young. They wanted to age the character. The second one was just ~ don't get me started. I really like this one. She's got an edge to her that the character needed to grow. They want them (Mimi, Shawn, Belle, et al) to look around 24 ~ and yes, I spend too much time on soap opera internet sites.

And we've had the Phillip discussion too. The points have been made that 1. There are military stationed here that don't go to war, we need people here in case we are attacked and 2. His father did just die. In DOOL time it's only been a couple weeks.