Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Amateur writers

Is there a forum or website somewhere for amateur writers? Somewhere to get ideas, answers, friends, etc?

Thanks.

Trish
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
Watercolor Wizard

I don't participate myself, but if you google "amateur writers forums", you will find lots of options for different forums for aspiring writers.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 07-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Polyshrink Goddess

5 minutes after Bugga posted her answer, I found a great site. christianwriters.com

Cool, exactly what I'm looking for. Thx for the reminder to use Google instead of Bing.

Trish
Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Gallery Gazer

My daughter really enjoys being a member of National Novel Writers Month, which encourages you to write all the time, but especially emphasizes attempting to write a novel in the month of November. They have lots of writers' forums and groups and send you encouraging emails about writing and mental blocks, etc. etc. They are a friendly bunch of people and my daughter has just completely finished a novel she wrote the bulk of last Fall, they have a Facebook group, too!
National Novel Writing Month

The group "Create Space" is helping her to self-publish her novel, also! She already published the novel she wrote last year through them and it turned out looking very nice...

Good luck, our locally owned book store also has a list of a couple of local writers' groups if you want to go that route as well, it's a good place for you to check!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Gallery Gazer

My daughter really enjoys being a member of National Novel Writers Month, which encourages you to write all the time, but especially emphasizes attempting to write a novel in the month of November. They have lots of writers' forums and groups and send you encouraging emails about writing and mental blocks, etc. etc. They are a friendly bunch of people and my daughter has just completely finished a novel she wrote the bulk of last Fall, they have a Facebook group, too!
National Novel Writing Month

The group "Create Space" is helping her to self-publish her novel, also! She already published the novel she wrote last year through them and it turned out looking very nice...

Good luck, our locally owned book store also has a list of a couple of local writers' groups if you want to go that route as well, it's a good place for you to check!