Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #81
Die Cut Diva

This catalog transition was the first time that they removed all of the seasonal/holiday stamps from the big catalog and moved them into the holiday catalog. I don't think the number of stamps that were retired is that much different than in previous years, at least it didn't feel like it at the time. (Another way to look at the removal of the holiday stamps from the main catalog would be to picture Target with empty shelves for nine months of the year, just waiting for the christmas season. SU decided to just tear those shelves down . . . rather than have those shelves taking up space the rest of the year.)

Stampin' Up! (like most businesses) are working hard to figure out the best way to stay in a strong position. While SU works on this, there is quite a bit of transition and new ways of doing things. I think it's just good muscle movement for all parties involved.

Again, welcome!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
solechis likes this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #82
Cardstock Collector

Thank you again! but yes, even the holiday catalog doesn't have as many Christmas, not as much variety or as much as in the past. That's what it seems like? Are they trying to come up with new different stuff?
I am still excited to sign up next month! Just trying to understand how it all works.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #83
Inking Addict

Anybody want to add to this? It's been almost a year and I'm still having a hard time making the jump to becoming a demo...mostly because I know hardly a soul who does paper crafting outside myself....

I'd appreciate any comments/ideas/etc.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #84
Die Cut Diva

You don't need to know a bunch of papercrafters to jump in! Currently it's $50 to join and you get to pick out $55 worth of products, plus get your business supplies kit. You then get until the end of third quarter to meet the sales of $300, which you could buy or sell to others. Basically that means you have several months to make some contacts through parties, classes that you post on your website (people can search by zip code), or make sales through finished cards and wedding papercrafts.

Let us know if you have specific questions!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #85
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makalah View Post
You don't need to know a bunch of papercrafters to jump in! Currently it's $50 to join and you get to pick out $55 worth of products, plus get your business supplies kit. You then get until the end of third quarter to meet the sales of $300, which you could buy or sell to others. Basically that means you have several months to make some contacts through parties, classes that you post on your website (people can search by zip code), or make sales through finished cards and wedding papercrafts.

Let us know if you have specific questions!
I guess I'm just apprehensive about getting customers and sells...I'm a bit worried too that I'm not sure what itemsI'll need for my first workshop...or I'll need additional business supplies. What do you mean by making sales through finished cards and wedding papercrafts?
Old 06-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #86
Die Cut Diva

Not everyone is a cardmaker themselves but many buy cards. You could make sympathy, thank you, birthday cards to sell in local stores or craft fairs. You could find a bride to be who wants custom wedding invites and help create them for her. Both of these would help get your name out there and ordering paper helps your sales, then you sell the finished products to others.

I have only done one event so far and that was a vendor fair. They didn't provide much so I bought cheap stuff for it and still sold enough used items to cover my costs.

Your first events could be not based - like the Everyday Occasions cardmaking kit. You wouldn't need to buy a bunch. It's also ok to use non SU products like scissors or clear blocks at your first couple events while you build your stash.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #87
Die Cut Diva

Snc, when you think about joining stampin up, what gets you excited or makes you think about wanting to do it? If you can share that, it may be easier to offer thoughts that are helpful. When I joined, it was purely to get the discount. So I didn't even consider whether I knew anyone else who crafted. I was able to meet the sales minimum on my own for a while. I went a different route for a while...and am now back to making my own purchases again. If I don't buy the required minimum...I get thirty extra days to catch up. If I don't catch up then I simply no longer get the discount. There is nothing wrong with that...I am not banned from joining again and I don't have to return anything. It is a very flexible program/opportunity. I am happy to answer questions.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #88
Inking Addict

Just signed up and am very excited, I do hope this can help bring extra income for our family and meet new friends!!!!
madameplushbottom likes this post.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:41 AM   #89
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snc914 View Post
Just signed up and am very excited, I do hope this can help bring extra income for our family and meet new friends!!!!
Good luck!

Join the demo forums here. There's lots of helpful info and it's a great place to ask questions.