Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #3681
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Emily, it's good to see you upload. I think I have commented on most of those from your blog. I know what you mean about having order..I'm like that, too. Busy seems to be the 'word of the day'. Sometimes, I don't know if I'm coming or going. Why do I do that to myself?

Hope everyone has a long, fun weekend. Don't think I will but better days are surely ahead.
You are always so faithful, Benzi!! Yes, a huge thank you to you for all of your wonderful comments all of these months, wherever they may be placed. I always enjoy seeing your smiling face!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #3682
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my, Benzi!!! Hang in there!! Some retail stamp and punch therapy may be in order LOL! Hope it is done quickly!
My SCS Gallery
Old 05-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #3683
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just call me ready for the loony bin.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 05-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #3684
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Just call me ready for the loony bin.
I would be too!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #3685
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
Hi, everyone! I know you haven't heard much from me lately. How does life get so busy?? I've gotten sooooooooo far behind on uploading to my SCS gallery. I love having a place to keep everything I've made all in one spot (and for me that's SCS), and I like having it all chronological order, too. Isn't that weird? But I do. Back around Christmas time I was making sooooooooo many projects but ran out of time to upload them. I figured once things settled down, I'd be able to get caught up. But my need for chronological order--which would require going back to December--made it impossible to upload the current stuff and pretty soon everything snowballed. Getting a little behind got me a lot behind--to the tune of five months!!! Argh!!!! I finally decided that enough was enough, so I've been spending some time this past week uploading my backlog of projects a few at a time. I've been making a dent in it, which makes me feel great, but I thought I should explain why some of you have been seeing so many Valentine cards from me recently. Don't worry, soon I'll be on to Easter--then Mother's Day!! :P

I just wanted to say thanks for the wonderful comments that I've been receiving. I just spent some time reading through all of the new comments on my most recent uploads and have the nicest warm and fuzzy feeling inside. Thank you!! I know all of you are so busy, just like I've been. It means so much to me to feel so welcome here, even after such a long absence.

My love to you all!!
Emzi
Emzi, I have one statement to say to you: WE LOVE YOU WHETHER YOU ARE ABLE TO BE ON LINE OR NOT. It's so nice to see what you've been creating and, like I said, don't worry about commenting. When you're that far behind, it's hard to get anything done along with commenting. Just good to see you back my fellow punchie!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #3686
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Horrors, we're replacing water pipes. That was finished yesterday. We're on a slab so we had to have ceilings and walls cut open and I don't mean small cuts, either. That also includes several rooms. So, next will come the sheet rock guys. Then, new ceilings and possibly removing my new crown moulding..according to what type ceiling we do. I am living in a nightmare. The good part that I am looking ahead to is a new kitchen. Anyone up for helping me clean up this mess when they are finished?
OMG Benzi, I'll have to be nice to you for awhile. How horrible. Are zee punchies and nesties okay? If not, fly them over to me in your jet for safety. Oh, a new kitchen, how great is that. It will be worth it when it is all over.

Nope, I don't do cleaning or messes, but I'm sure you can hire someone like you do to make your cards - see I can't be nice for one moment, can I?

I do hope things will settle down soon. Guess the w/end doesn't hold much in store for you does it?

Well, I'll make you feel better, we have to pay $800 to major brake damage done to our van which we were planning on trading in this fall. Now, I guess we'll have to wait to recoup our losses. There goes the stamping supplied again. I know that's little compared to what you're going through. I'm sending the fix up the mess angel to you right now - can you see her - she looks just like me of course!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 06-06-2012, 04:10 AM   #3687

Oooh, did everybody see Emzi's Splitcoast tutorial today??? It's her lovely dryer sheet flowers that are the feature! Cute project!

Congrats, Emzi!
all I am is Yours.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #3688
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good job, Emily! Your tutorial is easy to follow. I remember when you first made these (blog) and I think I did one. I'll have to check.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #3689
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
OMG Benzi, I'll have to be nice to you for awhile. How horrible. Are zee punchies and nesties okay? If not, fly them over to me in your jet for safety. Oh, a new kitchen, how great is that. It will be worth it when it is all over.

Nope, I don't do cleaning or messes, but I'm sure you can hire someone like you do to make your cards - see I can't be nice for one moment, can I?

I do hope things will settle down soon. Guess the w/end doesn't hold much in store for you does it?

Well, I'll make you feel better, we have to pay $800 to major brake damage done to our van which we were planning on trading in this fall. Now, I guess we'll have to wait to recoup our losses. There goes the stamping supplied again. I know that's little compared to what you're going through. I'm sending the fix up the mess angel to you right now - can you see her - she looks just like me of course!

Pamzi, that 'fix up the mess angel' did not arrive. Try sending her again as I need her. Nothing happening here now...just waiting on the sheet rock guy and that may be another week. Went out of town last weekend and will be travelling out of state to a wedding this coming weekend. It helps to get out of the house. Looks like they will finish up just in time for me to spend the 4th of July CLEANING. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about your van, Pamzi. Money here, money there...it just has to go for things we had rather not spend it on.

BTW, you're right, Pamzi....you can't be nice to me for one second..even when I'm down and out and living in misery. Oh, what would I do without you and your crazy self? LOL
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #3690
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Oooh, did everybody see Emzi's Splitcoast tutorial today??? It's her lovely dryer sheet flowers that are the feature! Cute project!

Congrats, Emzi!
Thanks for the heads up on the tute, Quiltzi. Otherwise, I may never have seen it. I agree, that is a super cute project from our Emzi.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #3691
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, everybody!! I had a great time doing this tutorial, my first for SCS. I do hope it goes over well!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #3692
Stazon Splitcoast

The Punchie's fame is every increasing Well done, Emily!
My SCS Gallery
Old 06-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #3693
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey girls, if any of you ever join Home of Speedy TV, please leave a comment telling that I sent you. Here is the page to leave a comment if you so desire. Home of Speedy TV
If and when you join, go here to leave your comment.
Home of Speedy TV
Yes, I'm trying to win something.

THANKS!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #3694
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

If you do this and have any trouble, let me know.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #3695

Well, I guess I will be expecting a bad fire year this year.

High Park fire was reported this morning at 6, when firefighters got there, it was 40-50 acres, went to 200 acres in 30 minutes, and now, we have black and red smoke blowing across us again. This is the 4th fire west of Fort Collins in less than 4 weeks. The big Hewlett fire is still burning in isolated places inside the fire line, and the other two were smaller and easily contained, but still not out. This one is being fed by hot dry winds. They've evacuated people from the area already.

We really, really need some rain!
all I am is Yours.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #3696
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Well, I guess I will be expecting a bad fire year this year.

High Park fire was reported this morning at 6, when firefighters got there, it was 40-50 acres, went to 200 acres in 30 minutes, and now, we have black and red smoke blowing across us again. This is the 4th fire west of Fort Collins in less than 4 weeks. The big Hewlett fire is still burning in isolated places inside the fire line, and the other two were smaller and easily contained, but still not out. This one is being fed by hot dry winds. They've evacuated people from the area already.

We really, really need some rain!
I wish I could send you some of ours! We've had 3.5 inches in the past 10 days. Everyone--and I mean EVERYONE--in our neighborhood was mowing grass today, because it's the first time all week it's been dry enough. And with all of our rain recently, the grass has been growing like crazy. I think everyone needed their hay baler to get through it all!

Your fire situation sounds pretty dire. Stay safe!!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #3697
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't get all the e-mails that tells me new messages are on our chat line. Frustrating. Quiltiz I hope zee fire getz under control. We just had a ton of rain last week; but, unfortunately, we had a tornado 2 miles from our house; but, nothing here.

Benzi, I don't know what you're complaining about, but it's always me that's the enemy and I'm clueless why. Hope your SHEETROCK goes well so your punchez survive.

EMZI, congrats on the SCS tutorial. I haven't had time to try it. Not much time for anything.

PUNCHIES: I'll be on vacation from June 16 to June 23, so if you don't see me 'round, that's why. I wouldn't want Old Lady Benzi to worry about me - LOL!!!!! Don't forget zee prez'z b/day is on Monday - ripe ole 92!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 06-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #3698

Well, about 20 minutes ago the fire was up to 5000 acres, 10 structures destroyed and miles and miles and miles of people evacuated from their homes. This is a very populated mountain area. Pray for rain...Emzi, I'd take some of yours if you could send it my way. Unfortunately the wind is coming from the wrong direction!
all I am is Yours.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #3699

Well, the fire is only 4 miles from me. Almost 20,000 acres now. 18 structures burned. Has connected with the burned area from the last big fire. Some people being evacuated again. Our sky is more mustard blended up to cameo coral and dark enough to be 8pm.

Here's an interesting report:
Map of High Park fire, Fort Collins, Colorado
Just in case you're interested, see the lake just a bit north of the "r" in Fort Collins? It has 2 arms extending north? I live pretty much on the end of the left one.
all I am is Yours.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #3700
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, Quiltzi...things do not look good in your area. I was just watching the news about the fire and evacuations. Do you have to get out, too? Stay safe...my prayers are with you. TAKE CARE.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #3701
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
I don't get all the e-mails that tells me new messages are on our chat line. Frustrating. Quiltiz I hope zee fire getz under control. We just had a ton of rain last week; but, unfortunately, we had a tornado 2 miles from our house; but, nothing here.

Benzi, I don't know what you're complaining about, but it's always me that's the enemy and I'm clueless why. Hope your SHEETROCK goes well so your punchez survive.

EMZI, congrats on the SCS tutorial. I haven't had time to try it. Not much time for anything.

PUNCHIES: I'll be on vacation from June 16 to June 23, so if you don't see me 'round, that's why. I wouldn't want Old Lady Benzi to worry about me - LOL!!!!! Don't forget zee prez'z b/day is on Monday - ripe ole 92!

Clueless...indeed???????? You're on vacation. Going anywhere special? Florida? My punchiez are safe..kinda. Ha Sheetrock men coming Tuesday. Will it never end?????????
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #3702
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quiltzi, are you out there? I so hope you haven't had to evacuate. I'm keeping up with the fire on the news. It's terrible!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #3703
Full of Malarky

Stopping by to wish Benzi a very happy birthday!!! I promise to get a card in the mail within a couple of days.

Sorry about the fire in your area, Dianne! wow, you are very close to it. We have a lot of wildfires up here in Canada too - I think you may have a couple of of water bomber planes helping fight the fire. I've only smelt a bit of smoke from a fire many miles away from me - never had one close. Scary! Take care!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Old 06-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #3704
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gosh, I feel very honored that DEBZI showed up to wish me a happy birthday. Now, that is a strange occurence to see you here, Debzi, but a good thing.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #3705
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Happy Day sweet Punchie Prez!!! Hope yer havin' a good one! Ahem, I haven't mailed a card or anything as I haven't made any cards in the last while. I did pick up a couple of new sets at my demo's SU garage sale last week so perhaps I will actually get into my "Rubber Room" and make something! I've actually got them mounted already so that's the first step. Still buying stuff apparently, just not making cards lately. Hmmm. Something wrong with that picture...

We have had the weirdest spring weather. It's officially summer in just over a week and I don't feel like spring has really happened. It has been so cold I haven't even put all of my plants out yet. Will finish that today though. A small tornado touched down about 25 miles from here on the weekend. No real damage but it seems a little too close for my liking.

I spent the weekend putting together a slide show for Grad Recognition Sunday at church. I always leave things like that to the last minute. Now I have to start scanning photos as my sister and I are going to make a scrapbook (digital) and a video slide show for my daughter for her wedding. This will be the fifth one we've done. They've been anywhere from 50 to 70 pages so they take a lot of time to create. But always fun to do. We enjoy the process as much as the recipients enjoy the book. Takes us down memory lane for some great laughs and fond recollections. I am also making the wedding cake. A Scandinavian Kransekake. The almond paste is supposed to arrive in today's mail. They also plan to use individual pieces of Kransekake at each place setting as wedding favours. Lots to do!

Quiltzi - was watching the news about the fires last night. Hope you are safe and that things are soon under control.
Pamzi - enjoy your vacation!
Debzi - good to see you here!
Emzi - congrats on the tutorial!
Bearzi - hope you had a great cruise!
Marzi - Oopsies. Missed your birthday. Hope it was happy, happy!
To all the others I've missed - hugs and RYPH.

Now, I must go get something accomplished today. 75 days until the wedding!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #3706
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Heart

Did I forget to wish Benzi a
Happy Birthday!
Nope...hope it is a wonderfulday.

My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #3707
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Heart

Did I forget to wish Benzi a
Happy Birthday!
Nope...hope it is a wonderful day.

My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?
Old 06-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #3708
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, Izzy and Marie....it's been a good birthday.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #3709
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Girls, I'm really worried about Quiltzi. I watched the evening news and I'm afraid as close to the fire as she was a day or two ago, she may have had to evacuate. Keep her in your prayers.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #3710
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh gosh, I hope Quiltzi will be okay. The fires are so severe and not letting up! Praying for you Quiltz.
FS149, QFTD44
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #3711
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I guess Old Lady Benzi who turned 92 today doesn't want to talk to zee fruitcake. I think she's out partying, broke her hip and in zee hospital. I'll have to call you another time. Hope you got some goodies for your b/day. I've got YEARS b/f I'm as old as you, but I have to say if this is your real avatar photo, you ain't lookin' too bad!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 06-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #3712
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Oh Happy Day sweet Punchie Prez!!! Hope yer havin' a good one! Ahem, I haven't mailed a card or anything as I haven't made any cards in the last while. I did pick up a couple of new sets at my demo's SU garage sale last week so perhaps I will actually get into my "Rubber Room" and make something! I've actually got them mounted already so that's the first step. Still buying stuff apparently, just not making cards lately. Hmmm. Something wrong with that picture...

We have had the weirdest spring weather. It's officially summer in just over a week and I don't feel like spring has really happened. It has been so cold I haven't even put all of my plants out yet. Will finish that today though. A small tornado touched down about 25 miles from here on the weekend. No real damage but it seems a little too close for my liking.

I spent the weekend putting together a slide show for Grad Recognition Sunday at church. I always leave things like that to the last minute. Now I have to start scanning photos as my sister and I are going to make a scrapbook (digital) and a video slide show for my daughter for her wedding. This will be the fifth one we've done. They've been anywhere from 50 to 70 pages so they take a lot of time to create. But always fun to do. We enjoy the process as much as the recipients enjoy the book. Takes us down memory lane for some great laughs and fond recollections. I am also making the wedding cake. A Scandinavian Kransekake. The almond paste is supposed to arrive in today's mail. They also plan to use individual pieces of Kransekake at each place setting as wedding favours. Lots to do!

Quiltzi - was watching the news about the fires last night. Hope you are safe and that things are soon under control.
Pamzi - enjoy your vacation!
Debzi - good to see you here!
Emzi - congrats on the tutorial!
Bearzi - hope you had a great cruise!
Marzi - Oopsies. Missed your birthday. Hope it was happy, happy!
To all the others I've missed - hugs and RYPH.

Now, I must go get something accomplished today. 75 days until the wedding!
Wait a minute - who is this?????? Our long lost punchie? You have had so much goin' on girl. Good to see someone is having a life - LOL!! Really miss you. Sounds like you've been up to a lot and a lot to come. Here's bringing warm weather your way. We just had a tornado hit about 2 miles from us. We normally don't have much tornado activity. But, now days, who knows!

Don't forget Benzi turned 92 today - me thinkz she went out, got drunk, fell and broke her hip as I tried to call and she was out. Can you imagine that - out when ZEE FRUITFLAKE calls. Well, I nevah!!!!

Take care my punchie friend and get some cards out now why don't ya?
FS149, QFTD44
Old 06-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #3713

I'm still around, thankfully! Today I was babysitting and then after that, painting the house with my DH. (insert dramatic music here!)

No, we haven't been evacuated. If it ever got to that, then Fort Collins would be burning. But the fire has doubled in size again to 38,000 acres...that was this morning, don't know about now, I haven't looked. But I did go look at the foothills across the lake and it's bad. The fire is down to the last ridge before Horsetooth Reservoir. They've evacuated everyone at the south end of the reservoir and I'm sure everyone in the houses on the west are already out too. They have officially stated that they will not be able to contain the fire. It's going to have to burn out. All they are able to do is try to protect structures. But that is difficult in the terrain. We were in lousy smoke yesterday, today the wind has minimized it, thankfully.

Hope your birthday was great, Benzi! You look wonderful for 92!
all I am is Yours.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #3714
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Whew! Good to hear from you, Quiltzi. I was really worried when I didn't hear from you today.

Don't you know you should never let hubby know you can paint? Next thing, it'll be YOUR job. LOL

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Quiltzi and the sweet compliment. And, guess what....my hair isn't really blue as Pamzi likes to claim.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #3715
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Well, I guess Old Lady Benzi who turned 92 today doesn't want to talk to zee fruitcake. I think she's out partying, broke her hip and in zee hospital. I'll have to call you another time. Hope you got some goodies for your b/day. I've got YEARS b/f I'm as old as you, but I have to say if this is your real avatar photo, you ain't lookin' too bad!
What do you mean....my real avatar? Of course, it is. Well, that one was made about 2 yrs. ago. I guess I'll have to update and just show you my hair isn't BLUE.

Well, you finally managed to call. But, I was out on the town. Hubby took me out for an Italian dinner tonight. No dancing on Monday night and I didn't fall and break a hip....yet.

I really have gotten some great gifts. My sis send me a big box of stamps, markers, Spellbinder dies, stencils, etc. Plus, she sent me a check to go along so I'll be shopping soon. Yippee!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #3716
Stazon Splitcoast

Quiltzi, I'm so glad to hear that you haven't been evacuated. My goodness, that is one scary-sounding situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #3717
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy, Happy Birthday, Benzi So crazy busy here I'm missing all sorts of things! Glad your dinner was good - you'll have to go a second time to get the dancing in Wishing you a blessed year ahead and by the sounds of it you are off to a raring start with new stamping goodies to play with

Quiltzi - reminds me of when Kelowna had fires...lost a few wineries along the way. Stay safe!!

Izzy!! You iz alivez Sure the slide show will be fabulous - enjoy creating!

Three week blitz till school is out....glad to be able to sleep in a bit longer and slow down the schedule a bit Only downside is the stamping time gets short changed a bit so going crazy between now and then with the card making LOL!

Hugs to all!
My SCS Gallery
Old 06-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #3718
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I am late, late again for a very important date!!!! Happy Belated Birthday Benzi. I have your card ready to go-I actually made it on Sunday. I will be sending it out shortly. I hope you had a terrific day and got some cool Birthday presents. If you got some new dies.....I know I will be envious...lol We shall see what shows up in your gallery!!! I'm anxious to see what you will create with the things you sister sent!

Quiltzi I heard about those fires. It is no fun having them so close to where you live. We had them last year here and I constantly stayed in a state of not being able to breath for 4 months last year. The Okeefenokee Swamp was on fire-you wonder how can a "swamp" be on fire, but with no rain in the heat of the south will do it. We did have one wild fire in Orange Park Florida this year, but with Beryl it's out now. So stay safe Quiltzi!!!

Izzy you sound so busy!!! That cake sounds scrumptious and your digital scrapbooking sounds like fun. We did have an awesome vacation. We had so much fun. Been playing catch up though with my Design Teams. Who knew you couldn't take a vacation from them!!! lol

Well it's early morning and I have to get something done before work. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:05 AM   #3719
Full of Malarky

Happy Birthday , a little late, Benzi. I hope it was wonderful! Now, Benzi, the Fruitcake has filled me in all zee " work " you have had done to keep looking young - Botox, a Facelift, etc etc - you go girl!

Glad you are doing okay, Quiltzi!!!

More new dies, Bearzi! Wowsers'! Enjoy!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Old 06-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #3720
Stazon Splitcoast

Took a minute to pop onto SCS this evening, and what did I stumble across?!? Our very own Emzi is famous - AGAIN!!! Congrats on being this week's Featured Stamper Emzi! Maybe this will get me into my stamp room to dust off some of my stamps and punchez. Way to go girl! RYPH!