Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #3601
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ha Emily, you know you were a source of my weight gain over Christmas. Yes, you're guilty.

For those that don't visit blogs, Emily had a yummy candy recipe on her blog over the holidays and I tried it out. It was so simple to make and I couldn't quit eating it. Now, I'm on a diet.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #3602
Stazon Splitcoast

Late birthday wishes from me too EMZI!

Wow, Heather - you are amazing! I can barely hike to my Mother's next door!!! I love Arizona!!!

Marie - so glad about your brother - sounds like he is moving in the right direction after that scare! Yea!!!

Fruitcake - 15 more lbs lost - I am so proud of you! Wow - I guess we need to start calling you fruitcup now??? I am down 8 and need 50 more!!! Bearzi - hurry with that video!

Just popped in for my monthly visit -Hugz to all!!!
DTs: Squigglefly, Pattie's Creations, & MFPSpeedyTV - Inspiration Challenge
Old 03-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #3603
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I almost forgot - thanks to all of you who sent my MIL a card (Nonie). We went to visit her this past weekend and she so proudly showed me all the cards she had received. She is terminal, but she has a sweet and positive attitude - it is so amazing to be around her. Thank you hugz to you!!
DTs: Squigglefly, Pattie's Creations, & MFPSpeedyTV - Inspiration Challenge
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #3604
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I missed the day too...but I'm glad you had a great day! Sounds wonderful!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #3605
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quiltzi, you aren't near the wildfires in your state, are you? I sure hope not. What a disaster!!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 03-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #3606
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Nancy, so glad you dropped by for your monthly visit. I know it is hard watching your MIL but sounds as if she has a great attitude which is good for her and everyone else.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 03-29-2012, 06:52 AM   #3607

No, not near any current ones...they're about 80 miles (?) away. And compared to some closer by in the past, they're still small. We've had some monsters pretty close in the past several years.
all I am is Yours.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #3608
Stazon Splitcoast

How did I mess up and forget to wish you a Happy Birthday, Emily!! Happy belated and this be a great year!! Glad to hear you got a delicious meal
My SCS Gallery
Old 03-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #3609
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
No, not near any current ones...they're about 80 miles (?) away. And compared to some closer by in the past, they're still small. We've had some monsters pretty close in the past several years.
Good news! Glad you aren't any closer than you are. Hope the fires are under control soon. What a nightmare for the people living there.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 03-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #3610
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL MARCHIE BABIES AND TO ALL A GOOD YEAR!

Sounds like a lot has been going on with everyone.

Quiltizi, glad you are okay with the fires.

Nancy, your MIL is in my prayers and what a great attitude.

Benzi, quit blaming sweet innocent Emzi for your weight gain. When you're 91 going on 92 this June, the metabolism drops to zero and you will only be able to GAIN weight from here on out even if you don't eat and/or hike like Dizzi.

Yep, gone down 2 - 3 sizes depending on the cut, but weight loss about the same; but the toning is coming along great. Can see zee old waist again!

Marie, prayers are still with your brother.

Emzi, I miss you!

Dizzi, I miss you!

Debzi, I miss you!

Bugzi, I miss you too and hope all is well.

Nutzi, zee Fruitcup isn't ready for a name change; but, it does kind of have a ring to it, doesn't it? We should call you "featherzi" with all the feathers you are using lately.

Gotz to run. I know I left some out. Just checking in!

Bearzi - Dancing to the Punchies DVD has not arrived at my doorstep yet. I need extra incentive. Maybe could go viral with all the punchies using their DVD's and losing weight. Wouldn't that be a sight?
FS149, QFTD44
Old 03-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #3611
Stazon Splitcoast

Well hello all! Survived another busy, busy visit as our son & DIL just spent 5 days with us in AZ. Weather was much better for their visit. Took in a MLB spring training game between the LA Angels and the Texas Rangers. Then spent 3 days/2 nights back in Sedona. Yes, we love it there. Rented a jeep again - this time for 24 hours and had a ball. Can't believe I did it - or how much fun it was! They flew home yesterday and we will pack up the car and start our journey home on Sunday. It has been a wonderful way to spend a winter. Even if it was unusually mild back home, it was still warmer here!

I'm off to Hobby Lobby - my daughter has given me the task of getting paper to make origami flower balls (kusudama if you want to google it) for pew decorations for her wedding. As it happens, paper is on sale this week. How fortuitous. Perhaps that will get me back in the mood for cardmaking!

Hugz to all and belated birthday greetingz to Emzi!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #3612

Yep, I LOVE it when paper is on sale at HL. I went there today and got the paper I need to finish 7 little scrapbooks for my grandkids...well, I bought for 8 but #8 won't be here for a while.

Before you ask... ... My little books are "Say hello to my family" books. THey have a little poem I wrote, a family tree, and pictures of all of the kids' family...parents, siblings, aunts & uncles, cousins, grandparents, great aunts & uncles, second cousins, great grandparents, etc. It also tells them how they're related. They're fun to make. Just a bit tricky to round up all those pictures!
all I am is Yours.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #3613
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Yep, I LOVE it when paper is on sale at HL. I went there today and got the paper I need to finish 7 little scrapbooks for my grandkids...well, I bought for 8 but #8 won't be here for a while.

Before you ask... ... My little books are "Say hello to my family" books. THey have a little poem I wrote, a family tree, and pictures of all of the kids' family...parents, siblings, aunts & uncles, cousins, grandparents, great aunts & uncles, second cousins, great grandparents, etc. It also tells them how they're related. They're fun to make. Just a bit tricky to round up all those pictures!
What a delightful idea!!! And how exciting that another grandbaby is expected!! I shall have to be patient... I do know that if I ever get grandbabies this whole idea of heading south for the winter would not seem nearly so appealing!

I did get to HL and buy up a whack of paper. Hope the yellow I chose is close enough to the colour my DD plans to use for the wedding. I picked mostly greys and blacks so as to be safe... Figured we can use ribbon that matches.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:40 AM   #3614
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL MARCHIE BABIES AND TO ALL A GOOD YEAR!

Sounds like a lot has been going on with everyone.

Quiltizi, glad you are okay with the fires.

Nancy, your MIL is in my prayers and what a great attitude.

Benzi, quit blaming sweet innocent Emzi for your weight gain. When you're 91 going on 92 this June, the metabolism drops to zero and you will only be able to GAIN weight from here on out even if you don't eat and/or hike like Dizzi.

Yep, gone down 2 - 3 sizes depending on the cut, but weight loss about the same; but the toning is coming along great. Can see zee old waist again!

Marie, prayers are still with your brother.

Emzi, I miss you!

Dizzi, I miss you!

Debzi, I miss you!

Bugzi, I miss you too and hope all is well.

Nutzi, zee Fruitcup isn't ready for a name change; but, it does kind of have a ring to it, doesn't it? We should call you "featherzi" with all the feathers you are using lately.

Gotz to run. I know I left some out. Just checking in!

Bearzi - Dancing to the Punchies DVD has not arrived at my doorstep yet. I need extra incentive. Maybe could go viral with all the punchies using their DVD's and losing weight. Wouldn't that be a sight?
Miss you all...
Chris is doing really well and keeping me rather busy...they are trying to get him back to school for a full day after the april break...if that happens I will have some time to make cards again. Right now I barely have time to do the monday challenges in which I design for...ugh~
They are soo understanding~Thank god.
Also, We have a big box of cards going to the hospital on April 6th that is when my son will be deliver them. Thank you Brenda, Carol and Nancy for sending some cards for Christophers mission. Christopher needs an mri every three months to keep a eye on any signs of tumor coming back so each time we go we will deliver more cards.
Think of all of you often and happy spring to all~
Hugz
Perkzi, Sis, Sue
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #3615
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello all!!! Back home in Alberta as of today. Happy to have my feet back on Alberta soil. Loved our time in Arizona but it's always good to get back home from a holiday. The forecast includes a winter storm warning for our area beginning tonight. Lovely surprise to come home to! Hard to believe it was 33C where we were on Saturday!!!

We have unpacked the car - literally just dumped everything in the front room. Must get it sorted and put away tomorrow though and then do a major grocery shopping excursion as we are expecting 25-30 people for Easter Sunday dinner. It also happens to be our oldest daughter's 30th birthday that day. Maybe I'll get a card made for her!!! Wouldn't that be a shock!

Thanks to all who sent me birthday cards - what a delightful surprise to find waiting for me on my return.

Hugz to all. Good to be home.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #3616
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeestamper View Post
Miss you all...
Chris is doing really well and keeping me rather busy...they are trying to get him back to school for a full day after the april break...if that happens I will have some time to make cards again. Right now I barely have time to do the monday challenges in which I design for...ugh~
They are soo understanding~Thank god.
Also, We have a big box of cards going to the hospital on April 6th that is when my son will be deliver them. Thank you Brenda, Carol and Nancy for sending some cards for Christophers mission. Christopher needs an mri every three months to keep a eye on any signs of tumor coming back so each time we go we will deliver more cards.
Think of all of you often and happy spring to all~
Hugz
Perkzi, Sis, Sue
Hey sis,

Glad to hear you will have more stamping time soon. I hope Chris can make it a full day after spring break; but, most of all, that he is doing so well. Keep us posted. Happy Spring and Easter back at ya!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #3617
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Hello all!!! Back home in Alberta as of today. Happy to have my feet back on Alberta soil. Loved our time in Arizona but it's always good to get back home from a holiday. The forecast includes a winter storm warning for our area beginning tonight. Lovely surprise to come home to! Hard to believe it was 33C where we were on Saturday!!!

We have unpacked the car - literally just dumped everything in the front room. Must get it sorted and put away tomorrow though and then do a major grocery shopping excursion as we are expecting 25-30 people for Easter Sunday dinner. It also happens to be our oldest daughter's 30th birthday that day. Maybe I'll get a card made for her!!! Wouldn't that be a shock!

Thanks to all who sent me birthday cards - what a delightful surprise to find waiting for me on my return.

Hugz to all. Good to be home.
Da Diz,

You are BACK HOME????? Gosh, I hope your punchez go on strike and won't work after you left them for so long. Poor neglected things they are.

Can't wait till you can upload another card my friend. Sounds like you still have tons of things going on at home too. Maybe things will settle down soon. And, don't eat too much Easter goodies, cuz zee weight wantz to get back on yaz once you slip - LOL!

Hugs ....
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #3618
Stazon Splitcoast

BTW, Benzi reminded me there are 2 b/days this month, Bugzi on April 23 and Quiltzi on April 14. Happy Birthday to you both. Karen, I hope you are okay as I haven't heard from you in awhile. I'm going to pm you, but wanted to let everyone know about zee b/days!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #3619
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sue, I just found your message. I'm so glad Chris has progressed to where he'll be able to go back to school full days (hopefully). I know you miss your card making but it will wait for you. I'm sure you have your hands full. Take care of yourself and Chris. Have a wonderful Easter.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #3620
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy, so glad you're home. I can't believe you have caused it to start snowing. Those people will run you back to AZ.
As soon as things settle down for you, we'll be expecting a card from you to the gallery. Have a wonderful Easter!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #3621
Stazon Splitcoast

I second that - HAPPY EASTER - fellow punchies!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #3622
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Easter everyone We are going to have a very busy 4 day weekend, with son's soccer tournament Friday - Sunday, company here from Friday to Monday, son's God Rod performance to Arise My Love at both Sunday services, hosting Easter dinner and now having to clean before my MIL arrives tomorrow. I think I"m going to need a weekend to recover from this weekend LOL!

Glad you are back on Canadian soil, Mz. Izzy - have to make sure you remember you are Canadian - snow being the added bonus LOL!

Hugz to all
My SCS Gallery
Old 04-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #3623
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Easter!!! If you're travelling, stay safe. Hope everyone has beautiful weather.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #3624
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, yes! Happy Easter to all my Punchiez. We woke up to snow this morning! Welcome home to Alberta, eh! It has all melted now thankfully. Just got home from church. Tomorrow I will get the last of our belongings cleared away. Saturday I will get the house ready for our weekend guests and our houseful of family on Sunday. So looking forward to seeing everyone again - especially the newest grand-nephew who was born while we were in AZ. Dibs on the cuddle time for me!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:54 AM   #3625
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy, a new baby to cuddle! Nothing better than that. Glad that snow melted...don't need white stuff for Easter..unless it's icing on a cake.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #3626
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Belated Birthday to Quiltz! Gosh, it happened on a weekend and I was busy working in my yard and didn't get here. Hope it was a very happy and fun one, Quilitzi.

Karen, our secretary has a birthday this month, too. Where are you, Bugzi? Hope all is well.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #3627
Stazon Splitcoast

Yikes, Happy Belated Birthday Quiltz. I'm so sorry, dates got away from me since zee punchie secretary has been out of action! Hope you had a great one!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #3628
Stazon Splitcoast

Belated Birthday Wishes Quiltzi You can turn it into birthday week now!! May you have a blessed year ahead full of many stamping goodies and punches
My SCS Gallery
Old 04-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #3629

THanks, all! I had a great day...despite having to cook for all the peeps my DH asked over for dinner!
all I am is Yours.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #3630
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Belated Happy Birthday Wishes to Bugzi....just a day late. Hope it was awesome.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #3631
Stazon Splitcoast

HB to Bugz. A card is on zee way. Runnin' late. Hope you had a GREAT DAY!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #3632
Stazon Splitcoast

Ay yi yi!!! I've missed another birthday!!! Hope it was happy Bugzi!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #3633
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Happy Belated Birthday Bugzi-hope it was spectacular.

Happy Belated Birthday Quiltzi too!!!

I am so behind it isn't funny. But I will get some cards out maybe end of the week. Hey that will be pretty good considering I think I was two months late with Kookzi's BD card. I am not even fashionably late anymore-just plain embarrassingly late would describe my state of affairs.

But I do love you all and sooner or later I will get to you!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #3634

Yikes just read my message

Sooner or later I will mail you a card would sound better

Sooner or later I will get to you sounds like I am some serial killer or something.....lol
Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #3635

I wanted to invite you all to the Cottage Cutz Blog Hop tomorrow. It starts at 5:30am. There are three prizes-a $50 gift certificate, a $25 gift certificate, and a $15 gift certificate. I would love to see you win the prize. I know you would love working with these dies. Have you seen the new release with the teapots?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #3636
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Yikes just read my message

Sooner or later I will mail you a card would sound better

Sooner or later I will get to you sounds like I am some serial killer or something.....lol

Ouch! Bearz, I'm glad I'm not on your birthday list right now. Are you stalkin, too? That would be better, though, than being an s.k.

Bearzi, I won't be able to do the blog hop. I have visitors all weekend...a few here now and more coming tonight. But, I sure would love winning those prizes. It would be great to see a punchie win, wouldn't it?
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #3637
Stazon Splitcoast

I have company this w/end too Bearzi, but I will try. I'll check out the site. Thanks for the opportunity.
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #3638

Me three. My niece and her new hubby are coming up for lunch and landscaping consultation.
all I am is Yours.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #3639

Here is the link to the start of the Blog Hop if you can make it.

The Scrapping Cottage.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #3640
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Here is the link to the start of the Blog Hop if you can make it.

The Scrapping Cottage.
Congratulations, Pamzi - you got third prize!! Those were amazing cards. Thanks for pointing us there Bearzi!

My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?