Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #3561
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Happy Birthday, SUE! What a great time of year to have a birthday...the tulips are just coming up!
Thanks Diane...I hope spring is around the corner because those flowers sure do put a smile on my face...I love to see the sun out and it just makes me feel soo much better~hugz
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #3562
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi All!!! Don't faint!!! It is really me.....Kookzi the Rookzi!!! I have read some of the posts to try to keep up with y'all. Happy Birthday, Sue! Bearzi on a cruise...WOW! Someday I hope to go on one. Good for you, sweetie pie!! Good to see that most everyone is still here!

Heather, kudos to you for losing 25 lbs!!! Way to go!!! I wish I had some of your energy!

I see Quiltzi got some new punches.....that's always fun!

I think I'm gonna try bunny punch art for my stamp club next Tuesday. Has anyone made one of these before? I don't have all of the SU! punches that I need, but I can fill in with nesties, I think.

I'm glad to hear that all are ok from the horrific tornados and weather that you all were having. I prayed for you all quite a bit! Still do.

Ok, I'm off. Love you guys!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #3563
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey Kookzi,

Thanks for all your prayers for the ones in tornado paths. It is really appreciated.

No, I've never done bunny punch art but I am sure it is fun and very cute.

Hope all the punchiez are having smooth sailing these days. Everyone is just too busy and that makes it hard to chat...too bad. But, I'm send a big 'HI' to everyone.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 03-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #3564
Stazon Splitcoast

Kookzi, zee fruitcake fell on zee floor and knocked down her punchez to zee you on the chat thread. But, all is well, zee punchez are still working and I'm just as much a fruitcake az evah. So glad to hear from you. I know we are all busy. I do hope the weather stays "in check". Horrible situations. Hugziz!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #3565
Stazon Splitcoast

Belated birthday greetings Sue!!! So sorry to be so late with my wishes! So, so happy to hear how well Chris is doing and that you enjoyed an evening out with "all the men in your life" to celebrate. Hopefully the year ahead is filled with blessings.

Well HELLO Kookzi!!! Good to "see" you here my long-lost "almost relative"!! Bunny punch art sounds perfect for a stamp club night!

Bearzi!!!! Congrats on the Dirty Dozen status!!! I am afraid I have let my membership subscription to SCS lapse at the moment, and until I head home where I may have time to use it, I am waiting to renew. I'll be all over it like a dirty shirt as soon as I renew to see what you've posted!!!

MamaRitzi - is the strike over? We had to deal with strikes a few time when the kids were in school. Not fun. Tensions run so high during a strike. I feel so far behind on all the news from Canada but I hope you and your family are doing great.

Benzi and Bearzi and Nutzi (and any others in tornado country) - so glad to hear that you (and zee punchez) are safe and sound

Pamzi my friend!!! Yez, I iz ztill wandering in zee dezert. And loving it. Mizz you too my punchie pal. Hope you iz doing great!!!

I am still trying hard to stick to my new eating habits and so far so good. I seem to have hit a bit of a plateau right now but I am sitting at about 35 lbs down from when I started. Still hiking about 3 times a week - things are winding down in our little winter community (my goodness how I love winter this way!!!) and our hiking club windup is on Thursday. We plan to do a couple of hikes with friends and with our kids when they come down to visit next week though so I'll still get my "hiking fix".

Our oldest DD and her fiancé arrive on Friday for a 5 day visit and two days after they leave, our son and his wife arrive for a 5 day visit. Two days after they leave, we hit the road home!!!!!! Wow, has the winter flown! (And no cards to show for it!!! Here I thought I would have all this free time to craft.) At this point we certainly think we will do the "snowbird" thing again next winter. Love it. Lotz. RYPH!!!

Zee current avatar iz a photo of a cactus flower taken here in our park. I just love the cactus flowers!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #3566
Stazon Splitcoast

DIZ, I LUVZ YOU! I have missed you so much. I'm still not sure where and what is going on. I just know youz been gone a long time and have lost lotz of weight. Have you been uzing that punchin' to the oldiez CD? I never got mine. I'm down 15 lbs, with no hiking unfortunately, but need to lose 5 more, but preferable 10 more after that. Let us know when you are back in zee home and punchin!!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 03-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #3567
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I think I FOUND all of the weight you all have lost!!! Thanks! Heehee!!!! Good going, all of youin's that lost weight!!! I want to, but am at a 'don't care' attitude right at the moment. Oh well......

Has anyone done coloring with the SU Watercolor crayons? If so, can you link a card here for me to gaze upon????? I just got some last week and am not sure that I'm coloring with them like I should. I got blender pens to go with them.....(and yes, I certainly did the Happy Butt Dance when my package arrived!!!). Hey, maybe if I get more packages in the mail, I'll do more Happy Butt Dancing and then I'll lose weight.....whaddaya think?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #3568
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kookzi, that would be an awesome way to lose weight..keep those packages coming. No, I haven't used the SU watercolor crayons so I am of no use to you. LOL

Izzy, still wanderin' in the desert. Hope you can find your way home. That is a beautiful cactus bloom...thanks for sharing it with us.

Oh, it sounds like the punchiez are withering away to nothing losing all that weight. I wish I was in that group...maybe soon. Congrats on all that weight loss, Pamzi and Izzy.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #3569
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have been working on that Punching with the Oldies tape and haven't lost a pound. Guess I have to change it up again to get the right combination of punches and music. It seems everytime I lose a pound I gain it back cause I am hungry. I lost 15 pounds last year but went on steriods and gained those Mother's right back. Try Try again-but I am so proud of you girls for losing yours.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #3570
Stazon Splitcoast

Kookzi, I do have watercolor crayons which I don't use very often. When I was at stamp club, she had us use the aquapainters. Use the tip on the bottom of the crayon and apply to image. Use more or less water depending on darkness. I haven't seen where you can get deep colors, mostly light and sometimes I kind of trace the crayon in the deep parts of the image or around the edges, then use the aquapainter again fromt he bottom of the crayon and blend in. I need to get mine out again some time. I dropped my box and most of them cracked in half - I WAS NOT DOING THE HAPPY BUTT DANCE OVER THAT I TELL YOU! Good Luck and Let Us Know!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #3571
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Well, I think I FOUND all of the weight you all have lost!!! Thanks! Heehee!!!! Good going, all of youin's that lost weight!!! I want to, but am at a 'don't care' attitude right at the moment. Oh well......

Has anyone done coloring with the SU Watercolor crayons? If so, can you link a card here for me to gaze upon????? I just got some last week and am not sure that I'm coloring with them like I should. I got blender pens to go with them.....(and yes, I certainly did the Happy Butt Dance when my package arrived!!!). Hey, maybe if I get more packages in the mail, I'll do more Happy Butt Dancing and then I'll lose weight.....whaddaya think?
[QUOTE=pam124;19266447]
Kookzi, I do have watercolor crayons which I don't use very often. When I was at stamp club, she had us use the aquapainters. Use the tip of the aquapainter on the bottom of the crayon and apply to image. Use more or less water depending on darkness. I haven't seen where you can get deep colors, mostly light and sometimes I kind of trace the crayon in the deep parts of the image or around the edges, then use the aquapainter again fromt he bottom of the crayon and blend in. I need to get mine out again some time. I dropped my box and most of them cracked in half - I WAS NOT DOING THE HAPPY BUTT DANCE OVER THAT I TELL YOU! Good Luck and Let Us Know!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 03-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #3572
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh no....cracked crayons!!!!! Not good, Pamzi! I would not be doing the Happy Butt Dance for that either!!!! I will have to order the Aquapainter with my next demo order and try that. I always get skeered trying something new without someone standing right over me telling me what and how to do it, ya know?
Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #3573
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

You can also moisten your stamp (not wet) and color it with your crayons, then spritz with a super fine mist then stamp. Neat effect!

I love to work with watercolor crayons!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #3574
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
You can also moisten your stamp (not wet) and color it with your crayons, then spritz with a super fine mist then stamp. Neat effect!

I love to work with watercolor crayons!
oooooo.....thanks for this cool sounding tip, Quiltzi! I will definitely try it! Sounds like fun! I really hope to do more with watercolor.....just trying to spread my wings a bit.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #3575
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh no....cracked crayons!!!!! Not good, Pamzi! I would not be doing the Happy Butt Dance for that either!!!! I will have to order the Aquapainter with my next demo order and try that. I always get skeered trying something new without someone standing right over me telling me what and how to do it, ya know?
Don't be a-skeered Kookzi as you are a full fledged punchkateer who can battle ALL!!! I will set my zpy zatellite with audio capabilities so we can do it together. I would think you could also try using the blender pen. I think that will work too.

I like Diane's idea too.

Happy Crayon-ing
FS149, QFTD44
Old 03-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #3576
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Emily Cates!!!!...the Divine Miss M

Hope you're haing a great one!!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 03-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #3577
Stazon Splitcoast

Evenin' ladies! I was going into withdrawal today while the SCS site was down! Lydia told us to sit back, relax and have some chocolate while they fixed the problem. Boy, I think I gained 200 lbs with all of the chocolate I ate while waiting!!! Heehee!!! Glad we are back up....SCS is my lifeline, so to speak!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #3578

It was down????

Glad I was on the road and didn't have to deal with withdrawl!
all I am is Yours.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #3579
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Poor Kookzi, I didn't know it was down. But, I can imagine your withdrawal. If you find out it is down again, throw out all the candy in a hurry...into a nasty garbage can so you won't be tempted to get it out and start eating. Like I would do that.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 03-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #3580
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Poor Kookzi, I didn't know it was down. But, I can imagine your withdrawal. If you find out it is down again, throw out all the candy in a hurry...into a nasty garbage can so you won't be tempted to get it out and start eating. Like I would do that.
Heehee.....Too funny, GF!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #3581
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Emily!!!!! I just love that name.....Em-mil-ly.....isn't that pretty??? If I had only had a girl.......(sigh). Don't know many boy Emily's!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #3582
Proud Fan Club Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY "M", HOPE YOU DAY IS THE BESTEST!~
Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #3583
Stazon Splitcoast

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dizzi and Blondzi on the 17th. I missed Musezi on the 14th - sorry Ms. M - Hope you and Chamay Blue celebrated. I see Emzi has a b/day coming up 3/27. In case I forget, have a HAPPY ONE TOO! Missin' you Emzi.
FS149, QFTD44
Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #3584
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Evenin' ladies! I was going into withdrawal today while the SCS site was down! Lydia told us to sit back, relax and have some chocolate while they fixed the problem. Boy, I think I gained 200 lbs with all of the chocolate I ate while waiting!!! Heehee!!! Glad we are back up....SCS is my lifeline, so to speak!
Not to worry Kookzi - Just pull out all zee punchiez and get goin'. At least you can lose some of the weight whilst pigging out on chocolates. I didn't know they were down, so I wasn't traumatized. Maybe some breathing and meditation whilst sitting on zee punchez will help next time; although you may end up with another problem with zee ... you know what!!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 03-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #3585
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Not to worry Kookzi - Just pull out all zee punchiez and get goin'. At least you can lose some of the weight whilst pigging out on chocolates. I didn't know they were down, so I wasn't traumatized. Maybe some breathing and meditation whilst sitting on zee punchez will help next time; although you may end up with another problem with zee ... you know what!!!
Bwahahahahaaaaa....I love how you look out for me, Pamzi! That's why you're MY fearlezz leader!!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #3586

Zo, how aboutz thoze St Paddy's day birthdayz!

Hope that you both had a great day today!
Happy Birthday to Izzy and Blondzi!

all I am is Yours.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #3587
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dizzi and Blondzi on the 17th. I missed Musezi on the 14th - sorry Ms. M - Hope you and Chamay Blue celebrated. I see Emzi has a b/day coming up 3/27. In case I forget, have a HAPPY ONE TOO! Missin' you Emzi.

OMG, thanks for the reminder about Emzi. I was thinking all this time that her birthday was in April.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 03-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #3588
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Zo, how aboutz thoze St Paddy's day birthdayz!

Hope that you both had a great day today!
Happy Birthday to Izzy and Blondzi!

I think I'll just start calling those two the 'Green Girls'. Again, Happy birthday to you two.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 03-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #3589
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday Ladiez...
Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #3590
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday a day late! Can you believe I know THREE St. Patrick's Day babies (and two 100% Irish friends). So much fun working with my favorite colour to make cards for all of them Wishing you both a fabulous year ahead!! Hugz
My SCS Gallery
Old 03-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #3591
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Happy Belated Birthday. May the luck of the Irish shine down upon you two in the coming year.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #3592
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

My Dear Punch Friendz:
So sorry that I have been out of the loop lately. 4 weeks ago, my brother started having horrible symptoms that sent him to the doctor. After the first round of tests he met with a specialist who felt that the images looked like cancer. His biopsy was last Monday and we have all been on pins and needles. Friday when he met with the doctor I was at work and (because we can't carry our cell phones with us) I had no idea what was going on. As the day progressed and I still hadn't heard I didn't know what to think. When I finally did get a chance to call he did not answer...but I wasn't sure that I wanted to know. When he did finally get back to me it was with good news...the biopsy was not staged, no cancer, just a weird growth.
My brother is a wonderful man and very well respected in his field, but not always the most responsible personally. He is awful with money and partially because of that he had yet to marry his girlfriend of 15 years (both have grown children from previous marriages that get along as well as any siblings that I know). He has now decided to sell his home, getting himself out of much of his debt, finally write his will, and most importantly marry my delightful new sister-in-law. I cannot express the relief and joy that I feel.
Needless to say, this has been a huge burden on my heart, and the closest that I have come to crafting has been to nervously tidy my crafting space. I have stalked this thread from time to time but didn't have the heart to pipe in (except my privately admonishing Kookzi for not trusting her talent).
I would like to wish a Happy belated Birthday to Colleen and Heather...I hope that each of you had a wonderful day and have a wonderful year.
I don't say thank you to any of you enough for your friendship and inspiration. Please note that each of you is special to me. I am most grateful that you took me in...

On a lighter note, just have to share a near-miss. This morning as I started to put my makeup on for church I noticed that my forehead and some of my hair were bright green! I guess that some of the die that I used for yesterday's green eggs and ham got on a drawer pull or something and I picked it up this morning. What a look that would have been in church.
Hugz and blessings to all...

My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #3593
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5sons View Post
My Dear Punch Friendz:
So sorry that I have been out of the loop lately. 4 weeks ago, my brother started having horrible symptoms that sent him to the doctor. After the first round of tests he met with a specialist who felt that the images looked like cancer. His biopsy was last Monday and we have all been on pins and needles. Friday when he met with the doctor I was at work and (because we can't carry our cell phones with us) I had no idea what was going on. As the day progressed and I still hadn't heard I didn't know what to think. When I finally did get a chance to call he did not answer...but I wasn't sure that I wanted to know. When he did finally get back to me it was with good news...the biopsy was not staged, no cancer, just a weird growth.
My brother is a wonderful man and very well respected in his field, but not always the most responsible personally. He is awful with money and partially because of that he had yet to marry his girlfriend of 15 years (both have grown children from previous marriages that get along as well as any siblings that I know). He has now decided to sell his home, getting himself out of much of his debt, finally write his will, and most importantly marry my delightful new sister-in-law. I cannot express the relief and joy that I feel.
Needless to say, this has been a huge burden on my heart, and the closest that I have come to crafting has been to nervously tidy my crafting space. I have stalked this thread from time to time but didn't have the heart to pipe in (except my privately admonishing Kookzi for not trusting her talent).
I would like to wish a Happy belated Birthday to Colleen and Heather...I hope that each of you had a wonderful day and have a wonderful year.
I don't say thank you to any of you enough for your friendship and inspiration. Please note that each of you is special to me. I am most grateful that you took me in...

On a lighter note, just have to share a near-miss. This morning as I started to put my makeup on for church I noticed that my forehead and some of my hair were bright green! I guess that some of the die that I used for yesterday's green eggs and ham got on a drawer pull or something and I picked it up this morning. What a look that would have been in church.
Hugz and blessings to all...
I kinda woulda likta to havea seen that look!!! Bwahahahahahaaa!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #3594
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Green haired Marzi Marie...what a sight that would have been. I really think it was a St. Patrick's Day thing. Do you have any Irish in you? I suppose one's hair could start changing to green around that holiday.

On a serious note, that is awesome news about your brother...in so many ways. I'm so happy you have gotten some relief from these burdens. I know it makes your life so much easier. A cancer scare is a horrible thing and I'm glad it turned out so good.

You've been missed.

On another note, I wonder why I get notifications now only occasionally that someone has posted here.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 03-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #3595
Stazon Splitcoast

What a story about your brother. Sounds like things are looking up for him. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I know you are so relieved and get a new SIL at that.

Green hair - oh, this isn't good. I'm always just "green" with envy, but not afflicted with the "green hair syndrome"!

Hugs and Prayers
FS149, QFTD44
Old 03-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #3596
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the birthday wishes Punchiez! Wow what a week! Our oldest daughter and her fiancé were here to visit us in AZ and we kept busy!!! Spent the morning of my birthday hiking in the Sedona area and then spent the afternoon jeeping on some of the back trails in the area. Also visited ancient ruins - quite fascinating. Then we headed south to Tombstone & Bisbee where we stayed in a hotel that is over 100 years olds and supposedly haunted. (Thankfully no ghosts appeared in our room - they said it was her favourite room.) Then a mine tour and a visit to some amazing caverns. Then a hike up a trail that I had done 3 years ago and thought it would kill me - thankfully this time I found it much easier! To say I was exhausted when they left is an understatement! And our son and DIL arrive tomorrow. We head home at the end of the month so our time in the land of abundant sunshine is coming to a close. Maybe I'll actually find time to make a card when I get home!

Hugz to all my Punchie Palz. Off to enjoy a walk in the sunshine...
Old 03-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #3597
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my almost relative....you sound so happy and so busy!!!! Sounds like you had a blast with your family! Good for you!!! Would you please send me some of your energy? I am in desperate need of some!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #3598
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes Punchiez! Wow what a week! Our oldest daughter and her fiancé were here to visit us in AZ and we kept busy!!! Spent the morning of my birthday hiking in the Sedona area and then spent the afternoon jeeping on some of the back trails in the area. Also visited ancient ruins - quite fascinating. Then we headed south to Tombstone & Bisbee where we stayed in a hotel that is over 100 years olds and supposedly haunted. (Thankfully no ghosts appeared in our room - they said it was her favourite room.) Then a mine tour and a visit to some amazing caverns. Then a hike up a trail that I had done 3 years ago and thought it would kill me - thankfully this time I found it much easier! To say I was exhausted when they left is an understatement! And our son and DIL arrive tomorrow. We head home at the end of the month so our time in the land of abundant sunshine is coming to a close. Maybe I'll actually find time to make a card when I get home!

Hugz to all my Punchie Palz. Off to enjoy a walk in the sunshine...
Sedona red rock is amazing!! What a joy to be able to hike there. Sounds like AZ life is very much agreeing with you You becoming an American on us

Carol: SO glad to hear the good news about your brother and good on him for taking steps to get out of debt.

I'm at the end of three weeks with the kids home and beginning to twitch a bit LOL! Need some stamping and mommy time big time! Love having them all to myself but missing my alone time that keeps me sane LOL!

Hugz to all.
My SCS Gallery
Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #3599
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ooh, I'm a day late but I sure hope Emzi had a great birthday yesterday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Emzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belated, of course.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 03-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #3600
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Ooh, I'm a day late but I sure hope Emzi had a great birthday yesterday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Emzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belated, of course.

Thanks, Benzi!! You were so sweet to remember . I had a very lovely day on my birthday yesterday. We celebrated at home with the kids with a supremely yummy meal. I'd describe it, but I'm afraid you might blame me for gaining weight just by reading about it !!!!