Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #321
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
I just found out that the Natchez Trace is so awesome right now with wildflowers so that is where I'll be late this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon. Taking the camera and cannot wait to see all that beauty.
Don't think I'll be travelling the 444 miles, though...who knows. It may be so beautiful, I can't stop. Are my Canadian friends familiar with this area? I can get on the Trace about 15 miles from my house. It is a 444 mile pkwy from Natchez, MS to Nashville, TN So much history there. And, antebellum homes. I read a book about the homes and, of course, many were burned during the Civil War but we won't go into a history lesson here. LOL I would love to tour those homes. That needs to be on my list of 'things to visit'. Soon!

Chat later, girlz.
The summer after I graduated from high school, my family took our last family vacation--an 8-week (tent) camping journey across the U.S. and Canada. We first headed south from Ohio and spent a few days exploring the Natchez Trace and some of the antebellum homes along the way. It was fascinating!! We were suckers for historical markers, and pulled over for plenty along the way. I was really struck by all of the Spanish moss hanging from the trees!!

(Then we headed west across Texas and followed the mountains north all the way from White Sands, New Mexico, up to Banff and Jasper Nat'l Parks in Alberta)

Anyway, I always wondered what that gorgeous Natchez Trace would look like in the spring. Post a photo or two for us when you return, Benzi!! I'd love to see some!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #322
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Emzi, I will post some photos for you all. I didn't get to go today but I am planning on tomorrow. Hope the sun will be shining so I can get some great pics. The trip with your family sounded awesome. What a wonderful experience. Yes, I am still fascinated by those huge live oaks with the moss hanging from them. So beautiful!!!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 04-30-2010, 02:25 AM   #323
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ya'll,

Benzi, I hope you got to go to Natchez Trace - I love that area! We toured all around it about 6 years ago and I got some lovely pictures.

Emzi, what a great trip your family did after your HS graduation - wouldn't that be great to have 8 weeks to go around everywhere! You covered the South where I live now and even hit my birthplace of White Sands, New Mexico. What great memories you must have.

Debzi, I need that trick on getting punchez to work - I have a few that are the most stubborn little things. I saw in a Paperwishes catalog some type of polymer or something that you can put on them that is suppose to make them sharper but I am doubtful - has anyone tried anything like that?

Pamzi - thanks for your kind words the other day (Hugz).

Got to run to work - hope this is a wonderful Friday for the punchkateers!
DTs: Squigglefly, Pattie's Creations, & MFPSpeedyTV - Inspiration Challenge
Old 04-30-2010, 02:55 AM   #324
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Good morning Punchkateers!!!

Well, I for one can't wait to see pictures of Natchez Trace....I wish I could pack my bag and go. It sounds like how the Mohawk Trail is in the fall up in New England. I am having a "Calgone Take Me Away" moment....lol I have been studying straight out for 10-12 hours for the last two days. I didn't realize when the teacher assigned the work that learning how to code Radiation and Pathology was going to be so involved. My next chapter is Medicine....and it is bigger than the other two chapters....Yikes.....wish me luck. I won't be getting into it today though I need a break.

Ladies all of your cards were awesome in the Punches Gallery this morning. Your talents are truly amazing and inspiring. I really enjoyed visiting each of you.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #325
Proud Fan Club Member

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=109382
Rock on Puncheez~
su-word window punch and su-oval punch~
Have a great weekend ladies~
I have my sons communion next weekend and have alot of cleaning to do~
hopefully, I will have time to stamp next week...lol~
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 04-30-2010, 06:29 AM   #326
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Good morning Punchkateers!!!

Well, I for one can't wait to see pictures of Natchez Trace....I wish I could pack my bag and go. It sounds like how the Mohawk Trail is in the fall up in New England. I am having a "Calgone Take Me Away" moment....lol I have been studying straight out for 10-12 hours for the last two days. I didn't realize when the teacher assigned the work that learning how to code Radiation and Pathology was going to be so involved. My next chapter is Medicine....and it is bigger than the other two chapters....Yikes.....wish me luck. I won't be getting into it today though I need a break.

Ladies all of your cards were awesome in the Punches Gallery this morning. Your talents are truly amazing and inspiring. I really enjoyed visiting each of you.

Bearzi...I work in Pathology. If there is anything that I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. Not sure if I can help at all, but I will try. Good luck to you, my fella Punchkateer!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #327
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, Punchkateerz!!! So glad to see and hear from everybody this morning. I've got so many things to do today that I don't know where to start. 'Fraid I'm just spinning my wheels now. Hate that!! I've got to pick a starting place and just get going on it. I'm volunteering in Joel's 1st grade classroom this afternoon, so I'd better get a move on!!

Have a great Friday, everyone!! Hugz to you all
Thinking of you,
Emzi
Old 04-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #328
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I have a LOT of catching up to do!!! The snow we had for most of the day yesterday didn't stick but it wasn't a pleasant day. It's sunny today but very cool (just above freezing) so I don't think I'll stray too far. Maybe I'll even get to visit your galleries!!!

So... (I'll catch up in bits and pieces...)

Pamzi - Hope you're feeling better. Sorry 'bout your kitty. Always so sad to say farewell to a pet. I see dat you're going to have to work on ze French lessons. Bearzi sets a good example on how to study...

Emzi - Welcome back! You got right back at it with hitting the comment section of the gallery girl! Glad you had a good trip. Unfortunate about the car. Gotta hate it when those thingz happen.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 AM   #329
Stazon Splitcoast

Perkzi - Welcome to the crazi bin. Hopefully, you're as crazi as the rest of us and you'll fit right in!!

Debzi - Brain Truzt!?! Did Pamzi give our lil ol' defective detective that name? Good idea with the PNZ code! And, my Dear Sweet DDD, I want you to know I am in Alberta. Don't go envisioning me stuck somewhere in Saskatchewan. Alberta. Hills, mountains, trees, actual scenery. Your comment on my tractor card made me think you envisioned me in SK. Nope. Sunny Alberta they call it. And today it looks like it will be sunny!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #330
Stazon Splitcoast

Nutzi - So glad you iz not in the slammer!!! But, the question still remainz, did you get new punchez? While you are mourning the loss of Apricot Appeal and Taken with Teal, I will be doing the same for Sage Shadow and Cameo Coral. But Baja Breeze is comin' back!! Then, I look around my Rubber Room and decide I should have enough stuffz to make cardz for awhile even if they retired all the colourz.

Clazi - Hope you've enjoyed yer week wearin' the crown. You've got so many wonderful cardz in your gallery it was so much fun to wander through. Still have a couple more I plan to have a go at! Hope yer Dad is healing.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 AM   #331
Stazon Splitcoast

Bearzi - Hope you pull that bear noze outta da bookz every so often and pop by for a bit. Congratz on the great mark on your last exam and good luck with the rest! You are breakin' my budget with thoze linkz you keep postin'!

Kookzi - You make me laughz with your commentz. You seem to have a wonderful sense of humour! Your buttdance waz a hoot!! Do you have a permanent site where you park your camper all summer?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #332
Stazon Splitcoast

Britzi - Love yer latest card. Glad you've decided we aren't too skeery to hang with!! Happy to have an international repzi here!

Ritzi - I imagine it'z cherry blossom time in the tropicz where you reside. You keep makin' cardz with punchez I don't have and it'z getting very expenzive for me!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:58 AM   #333
Stazon Splitcoast

Benzi (see, I didn't call you nuttin' bad) - Sadly, I think I shall have to give up my post at the mailbox for a while. Now that I know you are either in your garden, or hiding from tornados, or heading off to Natchez Trace, I don't believe you are ever going to mail that package of punchez you've collected for me. As for Natchez Trace (love how it'z spelled), I haven't heard of it before - must mention it to my Travel Agent (DH) as we do want to visit that area of the States sometime.

Think I've pretty much caught up now! Whew!!! So, now I'll go finish the overheads for church on Sunday and then hopefully hit the galleriez...and make a couple of cardz...and use my punchez... RYPH Palz!
Old 04-30-2010, 08:17 AM   #334
Stazon Splitcoast

Izzy, glad you could poop in.....oops...pop in and catch up! Mizzed you, GF!!!! If U evah come to da ztates, pleaze come through Pennsylvania (the southeast corner) and drop in! I'll have zome punchez waiting 4 U!!!!! Along with the zcarf and hat and mittenz!!!!

Emzi, now U know that thoze duzt bunniez don't go nowhere!!!! Soze, juzt ztay here and ztamp and chat and all!.....the duzt bunniez will be there when u get off ZCZ!!! LOL! Believe me....I KNOW! I think that once you clean something, it should STAY CLEAN!!!!!!! LOL!

Pamzi.......calling Pamzi......Oh fearlezz leader......where art thou????? Hope you are feeling better as well as your son. How is he handling having no furbaby????
Old 04-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #335
Stazon Splitcoast

Girlz.....It'z Friday!!!! Time for da butt dance: (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_)..... C'mon...zhake thoze boodiez!!!!!!!! LOL!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Girlz.....It'z Friday!!!! Time for da butt dance: (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_)..... C'mon...zhake thoze boodiez!!!!!!!! LOL!

Happy Friday Galz! I'm shakin' it!

Old 04-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #337
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Allz I have to say is Pamzi's not shakin' it. She is off somewhere pigging out.
At least, that is what she said she is going to for using all those punchez on today's upload. I better get those scales to her fast so she can keep track of her weight. I thought we were supposed to lose weight punching but I haven't lost an ounce....even though I said I did.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #338
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Da Dizzy, do you mean to tell me you aren't going to wait by the box anymore? Just as I was about to rent a truck to get to the post office with
all those punchez. Plus, Kookzi is knitting all those cold weather items for you to use while you stand at the box.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #339
Full of Malarky

Okayz girls - here's the secret for stubborn punches - at least the Martha Stewart kind. I have a doily MS punch -and it would not punch!! I got my DH to try - and he could not get it to punch either. Then he looked at carefully - I asked him if sharpening it with foil or putting in the freezer, punching it through waxed paper would help. He said no -and he thought putting in the freezer would be apt to damage it.

So - he looked at and said - put the paper in -and push the lever down as far as you can - then with a small hammer - or mallet - tap on the top of the punching part of the punch several times until you can feel that the punch goes through the paper. It actually works - no problem!! No - depending on your strength - my husband warned me - don't hit it too hard with the mallet / ball peen hammer - but when I went to tap it - I had to hit harder than I thought and you have to hit it several times.

Go gently first - then if that does not work - hit it harder.

With the doily punch - my husband showed me how there are three different angles at which the punch actually punches across the length of the punch -and that is why it takes several tap's / small bangs with the hammer.

Hope that helps!!!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Old 04-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #340
Full of Malarky

Well, girlz , I was at a stampin up class yesterday and we made a potted plant affair which used 4 punchez - I do believe. I'll upload it in a while. I think I've redeemed myself with that cardz!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #341
Full of Malarky

I started on a birthday card for my son who is turning 20 - and it went into the garbage. Ever have that happen??? Cardz are difficult for 20 year bozy - menz.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #342

Hey Britzi...They are featuring your card from today on the SCS facebook page!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #343
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks again, Debzi, for the punch info. That MS doily lace is the one I've had so much trouble with. But, hang on girlz, I bought a new punch that I love. It is a Fiskars and has two levers but the corner one would not push down after you put paper in it. My hubby couldn't even push it down. It did fine until you inserted paper. Duh! Finally, I got it to make a few punches, went to bed and the next morning, it would not punch again...no matter how hard I tried. So, I thought I would take it to a harder surface, my boy's bathroom countertop. It punches there so you can just find me in the bathroom from now on. AAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrhgggghhhhh!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-30-2010, 06:40 PM   #344
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

No, Debzi, my easel is not what Trace Gatchez looks like. Not even close.LOL
I went on my little trip today and went about 50 miles. It was very cloudy and getting dark. I got a few pics but I want to go back and get better ones.

It is supposed to rain here all weekend. When, oh when am I going to get to work in my yard again? Rain, rain, go away!

I'm headed to see if Debzi has uploaded her card.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #345
Full of Malarky

Nope - I have not uploaded my many punches card yet!! For some reason I was just soooooooooooooo tired today!!! I'm heading to bed early -and tommmorow I have to go into downtown Vancouver to get my cut and errrrrrrrrr a touch up colour.

I'll try to upload it maybe Sunday?

See you girlz soon!
Old 05-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #346
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Punchkateerz!! I've been MIA for a bit here. Hard to keep up as I'm sure you all know all too well!

Emzi: Hope your husband and his car are okay. Lovin' your new uploadz.

Benzi: I've never had any trouble with my MS punchez, even the doily lace one. I see Debzi has had problems too. Bummer!! I can't believe you can use a mallet on them!!
Just call me a Fruitflake, but I've never heard of Natchez Trace - Oh, I live but a sheltered life - just me and me punchez!! Sounds beautiful though.

Kookzi: LOVE the da-butt danz!! You are hilarious!! Who found you anyway??? Can we send you back when you came from - LOL!! Just kidding - LOVE your sense of humor and so glad you are in zee group.

Bearzi: I'm so glad to hear you are getting all "smartzi" on us. Great going on your exams. Maybe you and Debzi can duke it out to find out whoz the smartezt of allz!! LOL!

DaDizzy: No more mailbox. I picture you everyday standing there waiting in the freezing snow. I don't blame you though. You can't count on Benzi to deliver zee goodz!! I can't believe you're still having snow.

Debzi: Hurray for you on making the potted plant card at stamp club. Can't wait to see it. How's that 9999 IQ coming along????? And, yes, making a card for a 20-year old guy has to be the pits!! Where do you go with that???? Girlz are so much easier, but I have none unfortunately!!

Britzi: Congrats on having your card on the Face Book Page. I don't follow Face Book, so I haven't seen it. Any fish and chipz lately???? Tea with the Queenzi????? I'm sure the Queen knows about us Punchkateerz since you are our official ambazzi!!!

Perkzi: So glad you're in the group. Lovin' your uploadz!!

Nutzi: I done forgot what I was going to say to Nutzi. So, hi Nutzi - glad you're safe and not in zee slammer!! I'd hate for you to have to use one of your punchez to saw the bars off for your great escape!! What a waste of a punch!!!

Ritzi: Been lovin' your uploadz too. Great use of punchez!!

I'll be keeping an eye out for everyone under the pnz!! I think we should put all our cards under pnz even if, God forbid, it doesn't have any punchez. What do you all thinkzi?

Gots to run,

pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #347
Full of Malarky

Okay girlz...... I have redeemed myself - I think! by uploading my sunflower bouquet card. It is pretty much made from Punchez!! Yes, you read that correctly!!! 4 different punchez - -punched multiple times!! LOL!! No weight loss though - pigged out on a some delicious chocolate tonight, and Dave and I went out for dinner. Oh well!!

Of course it , for now, is a red x in my gallery - but if you click on the red x - the card is there!! I really love it!!!!

You know shhhhhhhhhhhhh - but either Gina K or MFT is coming out with a cloud die this week!!! Three different sizes !! I am so buying them the instant they become available!!!!

Drat - if I had them now - I could use my papertrey buttonz set and make DS a hot air balloon card - with clouds... but I don't have the cloud dies yet!!!

Oh I NEED those badly!!!

See you later girlz!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:04 AM   #348
Full of Malarky

Natchez Trace........ is that the trail of cheese that you leave behind when you eat nachos??????
Old 05-02-2010, 04:06 AM   #349
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Hey Punchkateerz!! I've been MIA for a bit here. Hard to keep up as I'm sure you all know all too well!

Emzi: Hope your husband and his car are okay. Lovin' your new uploadz.

Benzi: I've never had any trouble with my MS punchez, even the doily lace one. I see Debzi has had problems too. Bummer!! I can't believe you can use a mallet on them!!
Just call me a Fruitflake, but I've never heard of Natchez Trace - Oh, I live but a sheltered life - just me and me punchez!! Sounds beautiful though.

Kookzi: LOVE the da-butt danz!! You are hilarious!! Who found you anyway??? Can we send you back when you came from - LOL!! Just kidding - LOVE your sense of humor and so glad you are in zee group.

Bearzi: I'm so glad to hear you are getting all "smartzi" on us. Great going on your exams. Maybe you and Debzi can duke it out to find out whoz the smartezt of allz!! LOL!

DaDizzy: No more mailbox. I picture you everyday standing there waiting in the freezing snow. I don't blame you though. You can't count on Benzi to deliver zee goodz!! I can't believe you're still having snow.

Debzi: Hurray for you on making the potted plant card at stamp club. Can't wait to see it. How's that 9999 IQ coming along????? And, yes, making a card for a 20-year old guy has to be the pits!! Where do you go with that???? Girlz are so much easier, but I have none unfortunately!!

Britzi: Congrats on having your card on the Face Book Page. I don't follow Face Book, so I haven't seen it. Any fish and chipz lately???? Tea with the Queenzi????? I'm sure the Queen knows about us Punchkateerz since you are our official ambazzi!!!

Perkzi: So glad you're in the group. Lovin' your uploadz!!

Nutzi: I done forgot what I was going to say to Nutzi. So, hi Nutzi - glad you're safe and not in zee slammer!! I'd hate for you to have to use one of your punchez to saw the bars off for your great escape!! What a waste of a punch!!!

Ritzi: Been lovin' your uploadz too. Great use of punchez!!

I'll be keeping an eye out for everyone under the pnz!! I think we should put all our cards under pnz even if, God forbid, it doesn't have any punchez. What do you all thinkzi?

Gots to run,

pamzi
You are preaching to the choir!!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #350
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Pamzi, I agree about putting our cardz under the pnz banner...punches or not. I can find them there so quickly.

Here we are, another two days of tornado warnings and watches. Are you tired of hearing about that? Well, listen up.....I could be blown away, along with my punchez. Maybe they would go toward Da Dizzy's house and she would finally have her package from me. Seriously, I just got a pm from another SCSer in Tennessee and they are under the same weather and horrible flooding.

Not to mention, our beautiful beaches may be ruined from the oil spill. I am very worried about that situation. My sister has a condo on Orange Beach, AL (almost Gulf Shores, AL). I know Pamzi, you've never heard of that place either. They love deep sea fishing and sometimes part of her family joins in tournaments. My youngest son loves deep sea fishing and called last night
worried sick about the situation. It really sounds bad, also, for the fisherman that do that for a living, and, oh, those beautiful white beaches.

O.K., I know....I'm a drama queen. Can't help it....I am upset!

Debzi, that sunflower card is sooooooooooooooo pretty. I just love it and want to make one soon.

Da Dizzy, hope you had fun cuddling those babies. Aren't they just the sweetest thingz ever?
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #351
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Da Dizzy, hope you had fun cuddling those babies. Aren't they just the sweetest thingz ever?
The babies were simply adorable. (My sister's two new grandbabies). 4 weeks and 5 weeks old. And a study of opposites. The little boy is dark, chubby hands and feet, lots of dark hair. The wee girl is fair, long fingers and toes, a fringe of light hair, almost seems fragile beside her little cousin. But she's not! So cute!

And Benzi, I've been watching the news about the oil spill. We had a glimpse of some of the shoreline in the Gulf along the coast when we were in Florida and it sickens me to think of what could happen. Hugz and prayerz that they can stop things before they get worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
Natchez Trace........ is that the trail of cheese that you leave behind when you eat nachos??????
LSHMBAB!!! There goes any weight loss from punching. Craving nachos now!

Pamzi: Yes, pnz for all cards, not just those with punchez. And I'll be the first to give out free passes when the Captain of the Punchez Polize triez to give out ticketz for lack of punchez. Dizzy to the rescue!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #352
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad everyone agrees about the "pnz" whether punchez or not!! So much FASTER!!

Gosh, Benz, I know about that oil spill. Those gorgeous emerald green beaches being ruined, not to mention the livelihoods of so many people - fishermen, tourism - and all the sealife that will die. It's just horrible!!! And, Benz, I didn't realize you were under tornado warnings again. My Mom lives in Ft. Walton Beach, FL, in the panhandle area, right on the borders of Alabama, so a lot of what affects Alabama affect my Mom too. I'll keep a lookzi on what is going on! I pray everything will be okay. I don't think you are a drama queen on these issues Benz!! OMG, what if Da Dizzy really does get your punchez if a tornado blowz them away!!! And to think she'z given up standing by her mailbox looking for them. If she doesn't grab them when they blow her way, she may be out of luckzi!

I'm with Debzi9999, Natchez Trace makes me think of Nachos and Cheese!! Leave traces of nachos down in case you get blown away by the tornado so you can find you way back to your punchez Benzi!! lOL!!

Debzi, let me know about those cloud stamps. I'm dying for some cloud stamps. It would be so much easier than using the scallop punch for my sky!! Can't wait!! And, I'm off to see your newest card too.

Da Dizzy: Ooooh, kiss those lil' grandbabies and tell them it from The Fruitflakezi!!! I bet they are totally ADORABLE!!!

Hope I caught up some!! Hugzi to you allz!!

The Fruitflakezi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #353
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Nachos and cheese...you girlz have nothing on your mindz except food. Natchez has to be an Indian name. So forget the food.

Pamzi, I think the Debz is talking about a cloud die cut. I have two cloud stamps but now I prefer making my own. Do you want to know where to get a cloud stamp. I didn't get mine there, but I believe, Flourishes has one now.
I hope that is where I saw it.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #354
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Pamzi, back with more info on the cloud stamps. One of mine came from Stampscapes and the other, my neighbor/friend brought me from a trip to
Baltimore. On that stamp, it shows a website to order the sky tool(their name for the cloud stamp. It is: www.Alextamping.com Of course, you can check www.flourishes.org
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #355
Full of Malarky

Actually, Benzi - I did look up Natchez Trace on the internet, and it looks very beautiful!! Enjoy your trip!!! I

I am so sorry to hear about the oil spill. We've heard lots about it up here in my part of the world. Just last night Dave - DH was wondering why BP didn't have better methods for immediate containment if there is an oil leak. In BC - we have 45 oil containment specialist at the ready to head out to the spill if the call comes. We don't have any oil rigs in BC -but for some reason we have oil spill specialists. I know about a year ago - some area near the ocean was under construction - and somehow a big underground gas/ oil pipe was hit, and the oil rushed into the ocean. They had it contained very quickly - within a day. But that is not nearly as big, and it's not way offshore.

I really hope that they can get on top of the spill. Very sad.

Yes, like Benzi said, - I mean cloud dies - you know - the kind that would count as a punch?? Like a nestie? I cannot wait!!!

Take care Benzi in the winds!! We too have a wind warning tonight -but no tornado or anything like that. They just told us to keep flashlights and candles by our besides tonight. We do get a fair few windstorms that tear up trees and such - off and on - mainly in the winter - spring - fall. We are in a very urban area - so we - knock on wood - should be fine in the windstorm. It's just winds up to maybe 60 mph - no tornado - just ferries cancelled, trees get uprooted.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #356
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Whew! Hard day. Spent it at the table doing paper work...no fun. Why did I let it pile up? Well, guess why. Spending too much time on the COAST (SCS). I didn't even get to do the FS a card today. I hope to get some cards made tomorrow. Debzi, I can't wait to see what you do with that cloud die cut. It will be sooooooooo cute.
I think I just caught up on making comments. Hope everyone is remembering to put them in 'pnz'.
Girlz, I got three new punchez yesterday. Nothing big but I bought a MS stamp and punch, some kind of MS flower punch and the MS ribbon/bow punch. Anxious to try them out. O.K., I just remembered another comment I have to make. Good night, all!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-03-2010, 03:39 AM   #357

Ok, Ladies...I know I have been missing in action here. I have really had my nose in the books, plus a full day of baseball on Saturday for my son Ryan. I am envious of all the cards you made. I am dedicating this day to myself to make cards!!!! (Psst and a little something else I may be able to share) I have got to finish my Mom's Mother's Day card. I have a secret to confess, I don't much like my MMSC card this week so I tore it apart and am reworking for my Mom. I'll let you guys be the judge....I hope I can bury it in the gallery so my DT sister don't find it...lol

The situation in the Gulf Coast is pretty serious, but they are working on it. I think when they ban commercial fishing-the federal government subsidies the fisherman until they are allowed to go back fishing....sort of like unemployment. Unlike what will happen to the beach areas that no one will visit this summer because they are ruined. The hotels and restaurants will suffer through another summer of lost revenues. Hope there is a solution to this mess soon.

I'll be back to check in later.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #358
Stazon Splitcoast

Hellooooooo, my fella Punchkateerz!!!! I'm trying to catch up on all the latezt newz!!!! Go away for the weekend and look at all the thingz that happen! Grandbabiez, tornado warningz/watchez, punched cardz, etc..... I'm zo out of the loop! Does that make me looplezz or lezz loopier? :P I will catch up on my commenting tonight after work!

While camping over the weekend, I went to an Amish craft store that had all of the Spellbinder dies on sale - 30% off! Wahhooooo!!! I bought 4!!!!!! So exzited!!!! I'll be playing with thoze bad boyz tonight, for zure!!! PLUZ, I finizhed the bridal shower invitez that I had to make......53 of them. D-O-N-E!!!!! (Doing the Butt Dance)!!!!!

Love you guyz!!!!!! MUAH!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #359
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wowzer, Kookzi, you finished 53 cardz? I bet you are thrilled. Way to go!!!
And, 4 Spellbinder's at once. That is a yippee good time, for sure. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Unfortunately, I did not see SCS was asking us not to upload to the gallery until they get it fixed (home page) until I had already uploaded. I finally got a card made for yesterday's FS and it is also for MFP's 1st blog challenge. It won't even go into the galleries I keyed in, much less have a photo. UGH! Patience, Benzi, patience.

I've made 2 cards today. One is for the StampinB. So, it has been fun getting to do that since I had not made one since Friday.

Chat later, girlz.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #360
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Kookzi!! 53 bridal shower invitez?? No wonder you are doing the butt dance, LOL!!

Benzi, I'm glad you made it through the tornado watches!! But I'm so sorry about the oil spill situation. It always makes me sad to hear about accidents like that that destroy nature so terribly. I hope that things are cleaned up quickly and doesn't affect your family too adversely.

To Benzi AND Kookzi, you ladies' latest purchases have me drooling!! Can't wait to see what you make with them

Bearzi, I hope you had a happy day of card making all by your lonesome today!! I can't imagine one of your gorgeous cards that you didn't like. How could you not like one of those fantastic creations? I'm very curious to see the re-working.

Izzy, your baby visits sound lovely!! I'm glad you had fun

My Joanna (DD, 5th grade) was home sick from school today. Joel (my 1st grader) came running for me while I was in the shower this morning to say that Joanna needed me. I ran dripping to find her hunched over the toilet in their bathroom, proud that she'd made it in time to avoid a mess on the floor and saying that, really, she's fine and can go to school. She's made it thus far in the year without missing a day of school and so wanted to get a perfect attendance award. But it wasn't too much longer before she was sick again and needed to rest on the sofa. So home she stayed!! I'm hoping she's feeling better tomorrow morning.

Everyone is posting such beautiful projects to the PNZ gallery!! I'm lovin' what I'm seeing, galz!! RYPH, even if you have to hit them with a mallet