Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #3401
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! A flurry of activity! And a new weather girl!!! Good to 'see' you Kookzi! I'll be looking for daily updates!
No flurries here! Lovin' the sunshine. I am getting together with a friend tomorrow with the hopes of making some cards. Hope to start the day off with a stop at Hobby Lobby and then get down to business. Hopefully we can actually accomplish something!
Great summary Benzi - at least you got one of zee most important factz into your ten word description!
Did not know about zee secretary's carpal tunnel surgery. My what a year!
Hugz to all and RYPH!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #3402
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Outta the way, everyone...Izzy has a pal to shop the craft stores with and a stampin' partner. We're sure to see something on the gallery soon. Standing by, Izzy................
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 11-17-2011, 05:23 AM   #3403
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok Mama Izzy....I wanna see what you created yesterday! I KNOW you had fun!!!

Today's weather report: Dark by evening with scattered light towards morning! :P
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 AM   #3404
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow! What a good weather report, Kookzi. I would have never known that. You must have found your green screen. Keep us the good work.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-22-2011, 03:39 AM   #3405
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning, Punchkateers
Just here to wish all who celebrate Thanksgiving this week a wonderful time with family and friends. We all have so much to be thankful for, although it has been a stressful year for some. I'm sending extra big hugs for all of you.

Hubby and I will be leaving for south Georgia bright and early Wednesday morning. Looking forward to seeing my 2 yr. old munchkin, as well as my super, sweet son and dil. I have been blessed with two wonderful daughters-in law and I'm so thankful. They are really good to me.

To my Canadian friends, go ahead and celebrate again with us....by eating a ton of good food. O.K., that is your excuse this week and weekend. Ha
Of course, Izzy can celebrate again because she is in Arizona. Izzy, where are those cards???????? Are you still shopping or what?

Kookzi, my weather is looking bad today..what gives? Haven't had a weather report from you in several days.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-22-2011, 05:50 AM   #3406
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Where is DEBZI? Oh, I know.....out in the field with her Blackberry. She is being mean to me again. I know she is spying here, too. So, we'll have to quit talking about her. Shhhhhh, girls.
O.K., you may not know what I'm talking about....just ignore me.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #3407
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Heart

Sounds like your Thanksgiving will be wonderful, Benzi. DH and I both have to work...sigh...but DS #1 is cooking a traditional feast for us all. The twinz are looking forward to playing a lot of video games that day, then gorging themselves that evening. That gives them lotz to be thankful for!
I agree with Benzi that all of the punchiez should celebrate with us...every day is a day to be thankful, no? Izzy has no excuse...when in Rome as they say
Hugz to each and every one of you. I hope that everyone has a safe and peaceful Thanksgiving.

My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #3408
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh no, so sorry you and your DH have to work on Thanksgiving, Marzi Marie. But, then again, so many have no job, so that is something to really be thankful for.
And, thankful for a DS that prepares a big meal for everyone. Good for him!!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #3409
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Where is DEBZI? Oh, I know.....out in the field with her Blackberry. She is being mean to me again. I know she is spying here, too. So, we'll have to quit talking about her. Shhhhhh, girls.
O.K., you may not know what I'm talking about....just ignore me.
Yep, must be a very secret undercover job taking lots of investigation into your goings on. I bet she'll never be done with you to spy on. She, by the way, is also looking for your birth certificate to make sure you are only 91 and not 100 as we all think. BTW, is your avatar a picture of your great, great, great granddaughter as you're not looking like an old lady!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #3410
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Good Morning, Punchkateers
Just here to wish all who celebrate Thanksgiving this week a wonderful time with family and friends. We all have so much to be thankful for, although it has been a stressful year for some. I'm sending extra big hugs for all of you.

Hubby and I will be leaving for south Georgia bright and early Wednesday morning. Looking forward to seeing my 2 yr. old munchkin, as well as my super, sweet son and dil. I have been blessed with two wonderful daughters-in law and I'm so thankful. They are really good to me.

To my Canadian friends, go ahead and celebrate again with us....by eating a ton of good food. O.K., that is your excuse this week and weekend. Ha
Of course, Izzy can celebrate again because she is in Arizona. Izzy, where are those cards???????? Are you still shopping or what?

Kookzi, my weather is looking bad today..what gives? Haven't had a weather report from you in several days.
Happy Thanksgiving to The Punchies Too. Benz have a wonderful time with your family. You are so blessed to have it all as far as your family is concerned and they are blessed to have you except when you pick on me!!

Everyone "pig out" even if you're Canadian or MIA like Da Diz in Arizona. Diz, with all these visits and stores, you will never be able to organize them to make a card. We MISS seeing your work. Pick some punchez up for me while you're at it, but not Da Benz!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #3411
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY THANKSGIVING a day early to all you American Punchies (and adherent Americans aka: Izzy). Have to post this today so I don't forget tomorrow - working for hubby is taking up a ton of time so my brain capacity is a bit limited and I'm forgetting things....or it is Mz. Pamzi's spy ware that is getting my brain ready for interrogation...hmmm....

As for the eating up a store on our side of the border, I think I will live vicariously through you! Can smell all the cooking and even taste it, but the vicarious living leaves the calories out and that is a good thing LOL!

Hugs to all
My SCS Gallery
Old 11-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #3412
Stazon Splitcoast

Well lookie here!! Da punchiez haz been to da forum!!!

I've got a weather report for you! Today's forecast: Abundant sunshine.

I just love it when they say that! I also love "plentiful sunshine". Truth be told, I can't tell the difference between the two forecasts.

I have been walking up a storm since we arrived here in AZ. Still managing to stick to my new regimen of eating healthier since my diabetic diagnosis in September. So far I'm down 15 lbs over the last two months - still a ways off from my goal but I'm feeling good about it. In the mean time I'll keep at it!

Guess what!?!?! I made a card!!! In fact, I've made three. Just took photos but we're heading out for lunch since it's my best friend's birthday today so we need to celebrate. Paradise Bakery - mmmmmm good! (They make some awesome salads that aren't guilt-ridden with bad things so I can eat and enjoy!) My cards are pretty basic - even though I brought a bunch of supplies with me, I still have a limited choice compared to what I'm used to at home! Means I have to think a bit! I'll try and upload later today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Yes, of course we'll celebrate twice this year! I am thankful every day for the blessings in my life - and turkey dinner is just one more thing I'm thankful for! We don't know many people in the park we're staying in, and our friends from another park already have plans so we bought an itty-bitty turkey (it's about 10 lbs) that we'll cook for ourselves tomorrow. Have a great day!
Old 11-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #3413
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you~hugz~
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 11-24-2011, 04:50 AM   #3414
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Yep, a happy Thanksgiving from sunny Colorado! Have a great time with your families!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #3415

Happy Thanksgiving from the ICU...I am thankful for each and every one of you! Big Hugz from this turkey

Proud Fan Club member
Old 11-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #3416
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes indeed! Happy Thanksgiving to all! Marzi, I caught my breath a moment when you said your greetings were coming from the ICU - I though, "My goodness what has happened!", then I remembered you said you had to work today. Whew!

We went on a hike this morning with friends and my turkey should be ready soon (the oven in this place is NOT like my oven at home so it is taking forever to cook).

Hope everyone has had a great day!
Old 11-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #3417
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful friends here. I am literally stuffed-just like a turkey...lol It's ok my pants still fit. I know cause I went to that Micheal's sale for 30% off even on sale items. I got a couple good things...lol Besides I had to go wish the manager and the sales associates a Happy Thanksgiving because they feel like part of my family. They were all in a good mood even though they had to work! Enjoy your weekend.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:02 AM   #3418

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful friends here. I am literally stuffed-just like a turkey...lol It's ok my pants still fit. I know cause I went to that Micheal's sale for 30% off even on sale items. I got a couple good things...lol Besides I had to go wish the manager and the sales associates a Happy Thanksgiving because they feel like part of my family. They were all in a good mood even though they had to work! Enjoy your weekend.
Tee-hee, I did the same! I got out of work half an hour early yesterday because my co-worker hit less traffic coming home than she expected.
I'm known as the first person to get her "gold card" at Mikes so they all know me pretty well. Loved that 30% coupon...will have to use the 50% on a Nestie later today!
Hugz to all.

Proud Fan Club member
Old 11-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #3419
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi There to all of you~
We are decorating for xmas tonight and getting ready for my sons confirmation party for tomorrow. Carol and I would love to do a ornament swap with all of you but we dont know if everyone would like to participate. Could you let us know if would be interested or not. Then we can draw names for the swap unless someone has a bette idea~
Open to all of your suggestions~
Hugz...
Perkzi
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 11-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #3420
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeestamper View Post
Hi There to all of you~
We are decorating for xmas tonight and getting ready for my sons confirmation party for tomorrow. Carol and I would love to do a ornament swap with all of you but we dont know if everyone would like to participate. Could you let us know if would be interested or not. Then we can draw names for the swap unless someone has a bette idea~
Open to all of your suggestions~
Hugz...
Perkzi
Perkz, it sounds like a great idea, but I've never made an ornament. I don't think I'll be able to participate, but please don't let it stop others from this fun idea!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #3421

I think an ornament exchange would be fun. For me they are easier to make than cards. I love the alter ornaments I find in the dollar store especially the snowflakes they sell there. You can count me in-I am up for an exchange1
Old 11-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #3422
Stazon Splitcoast

Fun idea Unfortunately, I'm in over my head so can't participate

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving
My SCS Gallery
Old 11-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #3423

I'm thinkin' that one more project may not be wise right now. Working on a quilt for my daughter and that HAS to get done.

But of course, then there's all my new distress inks calling to me...got them today! I succumbed to the trend, shame on me!
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #3424

911 CHRISTMAS HELP-Can someone steer me in the direction of where I can purchase a fabulous nail art kit or something to that effect. My youngest sons girlfriend is into nail art. She does lady bugs, leopard spots, butterflies and flowers on her own nails. I would like to find some really cool polishes, art brushes, and the like for a Christmas present. I want to spend at the most $50. I don't have girls and I am not into that so I don't know the trends or anything like that. I do know her Mom and Dad are buying her a professional nail dryer though. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me. I would like to purchase this on the Internet too if possible.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #3425
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Bearzi, I'm clueless on this one. I have only sons, too. But, I have sent an email to one of my dils, thinking she may know. Probably not, she is into exercise, looking pretty, and French nails but don't know about this. I'll let you know.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 12-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #3426
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

About the ornament swap...that is such a fun idea. But, I'm swamped, too. Just don't see how I could get it done. So sorry.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 12-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #3427
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
911 CHRISTMAS HELP-Can someone steer me in the direction of where I can purchase a fabulous nail art kit or something to that effect. My youngest sons girlfriend is into nail art. She does lady bugs, leopard spots, butterflies and flowers on her own nails. I would like to find some really cool polishes, art brushes, and the like for a Christmas present. I want to spend at the most $50. I don't have girls and I am not into that so I don't know the trends or anything like that. I do know her Mom and Dad are buying her a professional nail dryer though. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me. I would like to purchase this on the Internet too if possible.
What is it with us punchies, all having boys! I have 2 boys also. I'm not sure to which piece you are talking about. I know my nieces use the temp ones that I guess you adhere on and they are already decorated. For some good nail supplies I have no idea. I feel bad I can't help you. Maybe someone with some girls can help ya out.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:33 AM   #3428
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Bearzi, my dil got back to me and she said that is a tough one. She said you should try Sephora online. She said they have everything. Hopefully, they have what you want. Other than that, I don't have a clue.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 12-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #3429

Smile

Quote:
I just checked eBay (where I look for everything that I have no clue about!) and there are several options...at least you can get some idea of what is out there...
I didn't realize how many of us were girl-challenged! Heaven help us.

Proud Fan Club member
Old 12-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #3430

Thank you ladies for the advice on the nail kit. I did go to Sephora's Saturday night but they didn't have what I had my heart set on. I had found a really cool Nail art kit at Walmart for $20 but didn't get it as I didn't want to be one of 10 people buying that for Taylor as our shopping is so limited here in the small town I live in. So I got to run into Beall's and they had a really cool set of nail polish in awesome colors and pretty bottles. So I bought two sets of different colors as they were half price. We were suppose to go shopping all afternoon on Saturday, but we had unexpected company drop by and I got about 2-1/2 hours of shopping max. That is so unusual for me for Christmas. But my entire shopping for Christmas is 2-1/2 hours in a real store/mall-everything else was the internet...lol
Old 12-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #3431

I'm trying to do mostly internet too. Love just being able to shop in my jammies!

Glad you found some great nail goodies for Taylor. Great fun!
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #3432

Hey Ladies by now I hope you have had the pleasure of viewing my "Punching With the Oldies" trial video I sent you the other night. I decided to do a Holiday version. I placed my fabulous mug in that video and let 'er rip....lol I figured since Pamzi was nagging me all the time to put out that video that I would give you all a taste of what it to come!!!

I was playing the other night and did that and showed it to my boys. We were rolling on the floor laughing so I decided to send it to you. Hope you enjoyed it.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #3433
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Did everyone see all the moves Bearzi(the jib jab girl) has? Wow! What a limbered up gal.
I need dance lessons so I can do that. You up for it, Bearzi? I can rev up the jet and be to Georgia in no time for my first lesson. Don't let Pamzi come....she has been naughty!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 12-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #3434
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quiltzi, wasn't that a darling pooch in Crimson-red and white? You know, the one Nancy made? Yep, they're still arguing over my tree card/cards. But, it is nice for someone to want your card. I think Pamzi just wants it because Nancy does. Pam??????????
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 12-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #3435

Congratulations to our Emzi, Moxie Fabber of the week:
Moxie Fab World: Moxie Fabber of the Week: Emily Keaton

Proud Fan Club member
Old 12-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #3436

Woo Hoo, Emzi!!!!
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #3437

Congratulations Emzi-Way to go!!!!

Eye-yi yi
You are not going to believe this. I just got back from the Doctor's. I am sick again!!! Hurts to breath. They gave me an anti-biotic "Shot" in the you know where so that I can get better quick before Christmas-plus I told them I cannot be out of work....lol No steriods this time-it would have been sad to book that Cruise away from my family during Christmas but they would not be able to live with me while taking those nasty things...lol I am just going to relax tonight and rest up.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #3438
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey Ladies by now I hope you have had the pleasure of viewing my "Punching With the Oldies" trial video I sent you the other night. I decided to do a Holiday version. I placed my fabulous mug in that video and let 'er rip....lol I figured since Pamzi was nagging me all the time to put out that video that I would give you all a taste of what it to come!!!

I was playing the other night and did that and showed it to my boys. We were rolling on the floor laughing so I decided to send it to you. Hope you enjoyed it.
I want that video NOW! I need to lose 10 more lbs or zee dr. will be on my ...!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #3439
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Congratulations Emzi-Way to go!!!!

Eye-yi yi
You are not going to believe this. I just got back from the Doctor's. I am sick again!!! Hurts to breath. They gave me an anti-biotic "Shot" in the you know where so that I can get better quick before Christmas-plus I told them I cannot be out of work....lol No steriods this time-it would have been sad to book that Cruise away from my family during Christmas but they would not be able to live with me while taking those nasty things...lol I am just going to relax tonight and rest up.
I'm with you Bearzi. Benzi and I both have sore throats and headaches. I'm doing a bit better today. No antibiotics since my last recent illness. Get zee shot and stay away from zee steroids. That's fruitcake'z advise. I hope we are all well for the holidays!

Hugs!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #3440
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5sons View Post
Congratulations to our Emzi, Moxie Fabber of the week:
Moxie Fab World: Moxie Fabber of the Week: Emily Keaton
Another punchie in zee spotlight. A huge congrats Emily. Left message on your blog!