Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 06:39 AM   #3361
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Punchie Palz, I will be out of town from Wednesday till Mon. My s/father passed away and I'm going to be with my Mom for the funeral and little afterward. She lives in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. I was just there 2 weeks ago, but that was for fun. This is the sad trip! Hugz and I'll get in touch when I'm able to sometime next week! LUVS to all!
Huge hugz to you Pamzi. Not an easy trip but I know yoru mom will appreciate your support.
My SCS Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #3362
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Birthday to our punchiez pal, BEARZI...hope it's the best evah!!!!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 10-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #3363
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Heart

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
BEARZI!!!

My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?

Last edited by momof5sons; 10-26-2011 at 10:04 AM..
Old 10-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #3364
Stazon Splitcoast

Birthday Greetings Bearzi!!! All the way from Helena, Montana!!!
May your presents be punchez!!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #3365
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hope you had a happy, happy day, Bearzi!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:38 AM   #3366
Stazon Splitcoast

So Quiltzi - did you wind up under a blanket of that cold white stuff that hit the Denver area? I was thinkin' 'bout ya when I saw that on the news! Brrr! I am doin' my best to see as little snow as possible this winter!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:59 AM   #3367
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi Ladies I know I haven't got to thank each of you yet for the cards I received for my Birthday....I started to but the day after my birthday I woke up and could not breath Had to find a doctor that could see me right away. Walked into the regular medical clinic I go when I get this crud. I spent 2-1/2 waiting and they called me in saying the Dr was in an emergency longer than anticipated. It was all I could do to drive away. So I went to another walk-in clini right next to where I work and I LOVE them. One of my co-workers told me I would. Dr. Steve was the best. Anyway I am borderline pneumonia and am home till Monday. I drove my car which was less that 1/2 mile to where I work and had my husband pick me...it was 12"o'clock and I was so out of it. My oxygen, blood pressure, and heart rate are all out of wack so I don't even feel able to concentrate to drive. Neither do I think straight so thank good he said no work....lol I'll be around trying to catch up when I am better. Thanks for making my birthday one of the best. I love you all.

Bear Hugs,
Carol
Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #3368
Stazon Splitcoast

I"d sing you HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Bearzi, but you would run for the hills so you can sing it to yourself from me LOL!

So sorry to hear you are sick! Darn bugs don't pay any attention to special days do they! Keep warm, get lots of rest so you get yourself healthy!!

This way you can have birthday week as you can't celebrate in full style when you are sick
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #3369
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Bearzi, I'm so sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope you're over it soon! Here are some get well wishes all the way from Jackson, Wyoming:
Old 10-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #3370
Stazon Splitcoast

It has been 30 years since we last visited Yellowstone National Park. I'd forgotten just how fascinating it is. The temperatures were quite cool there today - we even saw sn*w in quite a few areas in the higher elevations. With the cold air all the geysers and mud pots and steam spouts sent up so much steam it was quite a sight to behold. Loved it. In Jackson, Wyoming tonight. Quaint little spot. Over and out for today. Hugs all!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:47 AM   #3371
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
So Quiltzi - did you wind up under a blanket of that cold white stuff that hit the Denver area? I was thinkin' 'bout ya when I saw that on the news! Brrr! I am doin' my best to see as little snow as possible this winter!
Yep. Lots of snow. Wet snow.

We had big trees. We had aspen. No more.

We also lost our power...some around here STILL don't have power.

But I got some beautiful pictures. I'll post some "good, bad, and ugly" when I get them off my camera.
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:01 AM   #3372
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Yep. Lots of snow. Wet snow.

We had big trees. We had aspen. No more.

We also lost our power...some around here STILL don't have power.

But I got some beautiful pictures. I'll post some "good, bad, and ugly" when I get them off my camera.
Oh Quiltzi - how sad that you lost your trees. We lost branches off a big tree in a heavy, wet snowstorm a couple of years ago. Glad that at least it sounds like you have your power back. Do share your photos. Hope that winter isn't with you stay just yet. We're on the road again in a few minutes. Catch you all later Palz.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:11 AM   #3373
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Bearzi, I am so sorry you're sick and it sounds really bad. I hate it happened during the birthday celebration time, too. Be well soon, my friend.

Quiltzi, hate to hear about your trees. That is really sad. Here in the deep south, we had a couple of ice storms some years back and you could hear trees popping all over the neighborhood. It was awful and I will never forget it. People lost shrubs and building roofs caved in (those metal buildings).

Izzy, you are having waaaay too much fun. Don't lose any of your card making materials on the way to Arizona. I would hate to have to fuel up the jet and get supplies to you.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #3374
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Benzi, just fuel up the jet and come for a visit anyway. We can dance into Hobby Lobby waving our coupons together! Wouldn't that be fun!

Tonight we're in Moab, Utah and tomorrow is a non-driving day - we plan to spend the day exploring in Arches National Park. Looks just gorgeous from what we saw on the drive in. Just got back to the room from giving the treadmill some of my time. That sitting in the car all day makes a body seize up and I'm not wanting to slip backwards on the efforts I'm making to get the blood sugars in line.

Catch you later Punchiez. Have a great weekend!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #3375
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, tomorrow we will arrive at our 'winter destination'. We've had a great time getting there and we've left the approaching winter back home behind us. We will still manage to get a good taste of winter when we head home for three weeks at Christmastime. I'll be doing my happy dance into Hobby Lobby later this week.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #3376
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy, I heard all the Hobby Lobby's within 200 miles of where you will be have closed. Too bad, sistah! I know you were counting on going there with your coupons. Things never work out the way we plan, do they????

Just kidding. Get those coupons ready.

Well, we had another big Halloween night. We gave out candy to about 300 trick or treaters...per usual. We finally ran out of candy and came in. I think there are still some kids out having fun. Does anyone else have a big night? Or, do you not participate?
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #3377
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Benzi you Halloween trickster you! Even if Hobby Lobby (which my friend calls Holly Hobby) was actually closed, I'd go visit my other friends Michael and Joanne. They can't ALL close can they?

Of course since we're on the road we didn't do anything for Halloween. At home though we rarely get more than a dozen or so kids on our block as we're on a really quiet street with only a handful of houses. The kids tend to go where they can access more houses in shorter time. Not buying any treats this year kept me from eating them! 300 is a pile of trick or treaters - even at our busiest home we probably peaked at about 250 kids.

BTW, have we heard from any of our eastern Punchkateerz as to how the "Snowtober" storm has affected them?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #3378
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I call it Hobster Lobster.....who knows why? Yes, Izzy....all craft stores are closing in the U.S. while you are here. Sorry.

I heard someone had 18" of snow. I have now forgotten which place. I know Emzi had a dusting last week. Of course, we know Diane has enough to bring trees down. I don't have any. Maybe in Jan. or Feb. I can wait.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #3379
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you arrived at your destination safe and sound Look out Hobby Lobby here comes a Crazy Canuck doing a butt dance wink, wink Happy hunting down there - keep us posted on your finds.

Sorry to hear about your trees Quiltzi Some of the cedar hedges around here get hit hard when we get heavy snow. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Bearzi: Keep that multi-tasking going as long as you can! You could have all your Christmas stuff done in a week LOL!

Ii won the annual kid count at our house this year. Guessed 37 and we had 36. Our street is not a high volume street as we have an adult, gated complex across the street (yes, we planned well, can just move across the street when we grow old LOL) so just 20 houses to hit and not worth the walk for many. Had great fun making the older kids (grade 8s and up) sing for their treat.
My SCS Gallery
Old 11-03-2011, 07:06 AM   #3380
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I'm out of zee loop everyone. I traveled to Florida last week for my step father's funeral, stayed several days with my mom, and headed home. Unfortunately, I became very sick, probably from the airports/planes and have a sinus and ear infection. I've been out of commission since I got home. I'm getting bored and feeling pressured about everything I've let go, so that must mean I'm on the mend. Hopefully, I can harass you all very soon. Hugziz to My Punchiez!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #3381
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Hi Ladies I know I haven't got to thank each of you yet for the cards I received for my Birthday....I started to but the day after my birthday I woke up and could not breath Had to find a doctor that could see me right away. Walked into the regular medical clinic I go when I get this crud. I spent 2-1/2 waiting and they called me in saying the Dr was in an emergency longer than anticipated. It was all I could do to drive away. So I went to another walk-in clini right next to where I work and I LOVE them. One of my co-workers told me I would. Dr. Steve was the best. Anyway I am borderline pneumonia and am home till Monday. I drove my car which was less that 1/2 mile to where I work and had my husband pick me...it was 12"o'clock and I was so out of it. My oxygen, blood pressure, and heart rate are all out of wack so I don't even feel able to concentrate to drive. Neither do I think straight so thank good he said no work....lol I'll be around trying to catch up when I am better. Thanks for making my birthday one of the best. I love you all.

Bear Hugs,
Carol
Bearzi, you went through so much. I've been out of town and got the "crud" while traveling through airports and planes. Luckily, it didn't get real bad till I got home, but I've been out of commission until today - although I'm still running slow. My sinus and ear infection were bad and I think just short of turning into pneumonia. I'm glad you got some birthday cheer!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #3382
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Pamzi, glad you got home safe and sound. I've been wondering about you and thought you were surely home by now. I was on the verge of emailing you. Sorry about the crud you have...it can be so miserable. We'll all be waiting for your return to your old self.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #3383
Stazon Splitcoast

Pamzi - so glad to hear you're home again - not good that you too have been sick. Hope you're on the mend. Sure have missed ya.

We've arrived at our destination. The cable/internet got hooked up yesterday but we have to wait a week for the phone. Hubby is off playing tennis - so happy his injured wrist has healed and that he can actually play. We weren't sure if it would happen. Loving the warm sunshine - it hasn't snowed yet back home but the temps are dropping and I'm being told that people have seen 'white flakes' in the air.

I've printed off my first HL coupons and may go for a 'dance' later today.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #3384
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you arrived safe and sound. Show those American's how Canadians can move and groove

Quote:
Pamzi - so glad to hear you're home again - not good that you too have been sick. Hope you're on the mend. Sure have missed ya.

We've arrived at our destination. The cable/internet got hooked up yesterday but we have to wait a week for the phone. Hubby is off playing tennis - so happy his injured wrist has healed and that he can actually play. We weren't sure if it would happen. Loving the warm sunshine - it hasn't snowed yet back home but the temps are dropping and I'm being told that people have seen 'white flakes' in the air.

My SCS Gallery
Old 11-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #3385
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Sorry I'm out of zee loop everyone. I traveled to Florida last week for my step father's funeral, stayed several days with my mom, and headed home. Unfortunately, I became very sick, probably from the airports/planes and have a sinus and ear infection. I've been out of commission since I got home. I'm getting bored and feeling pressured about everything I've let go, so that must mean I'm on the mend. Hopefully, I can harass you all very soon. Hugziz to My Punchiez!
So sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Pamzi. Beware of the germ warfare out there....don't be getting any ideas about using it on us to surrender our stamps and nesties okay!

Rest up, tell your cowboy Punchiez say no chores for a week and hope to have you back in full swing soon (((hugz)))
My SCS Gallery
Old 11-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #3386
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
So sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Pamzi. Beware of the germ warfare out there....don't be getting any ideas about using it on us to surrender our stamps and nesties okay!

Rest up, tell your cowboy Punchiez say no chores for a week and hope to have you back in full swing soon (((hugz)))
You're so funny Ritz. Gosh, don't I have enough going on with all zee zatellitez?????? I'm all about peace I tell you. However, I do have my wayz of gettin' what I want, so BEWARE!

Zee cowboyz are awaitin'. Not much action going on here!

Later!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #3387
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Buy some stuff for me Dizzi. Here's my list: EVERYTHING!!!! Have a wonderful time spending all your $ so you won't be able to vacation ever again and will be stuck in zee znow all winter!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #3388
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy...did I hear something last week about snow in Arizona? Surely, it didn't follow you there. Guess it was not in your area or we would be getting an ear full and you would be heading to Florida.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #3389
Stazon Splitcoast

I did hear there was snow in northern Arizona - I think Flagstaff had a foot or more - but they are used to it up there. None here in Apache Junction, or yes indeedy, you'd all be getting an earful! They do have snow back home and temps are well below freezing. Therefore, I'm not complaining about the "cooler than usual for this time of year" temperatures we're experiencing here.

I did get to HL yesterday and made my first notable purchase - a set of Lattice Rectangle nesties. Maybe today I'll dig out some of the stamps and cardstock I brought along and actually get back into the creative mode.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #3390
Stazon Splitcoast

Pretty quiet around here lately. I check in every so often but I seemz to be talking mainly to mezelf. Miss my punchiez. Oh well, I'll go fer a walk or bask in zee abundant sunshine. Every day I say "maybe tomorrow I'll make a card". Soon it will happen!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:49 AM   #3391
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy, we're expecting a card from you VERY soon. What are you doing with all your time? Shopping???????????? Hope you found a good Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Jo-Ann Stores, and several scrapbook stores to haunt.

Where have all the Punchkateers gone? Hey, that sounds like some kind of song, can't remember what.

Guess what? I got my Christmas tree put up over the weekend. Yep, I know it's early but that's what I do. Had to go out and buy a new one. Hubby thought it was time. I think I liked my old one better.

Over and out. Get bizzy on a card, Izzy...hey, a rhyme.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #3392
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't believe we're halfway through November!!! As to how I'm spending my time - I am doing lots and lots of walking out in the abundant Arizona sunshine. I've popped into Hobby Lobby and Micheal's a couple of times and I might make it over to Jo-Ann's later this week.

I did enjoy a simply wonderful visit with fellow SCSer darbaby on Sunday. We've 'chatted' online for over 4 years and she happened to be in Phoenix on a vacation. She's a fellow Canuck from Manitoba - how funny is it that we first met in Arizona! I'm sure many of you have stopped by her gallery of gorgeous cards.

Benzi has her tree up! Wow. I'm finding it so very, very strange to see Christmas decorations and hear holiday music while I'm still able to be out and about in shorts and sandals. My brain can't connect "abundant sunshine" with "Christmas holidays". We fly home on Dec 13th and I'll have to get my tree up and get ready for Christmas real fast!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #3393
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time in AZ Sounds like the stores are calling your name and if you get some new goodies one must try them out to make sure they work properly before bringing them home, no??!! LOL!

How fun that you got to hook up with Darbaby - she is such a wonderful commenter on my cards. If you see her again, please give her a hug for me

Enjoy and bask in the sunshine for me!! And, yes, show us what kind of card the Arizona sunshine creates!
My SCS Gallery
Old 11-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #3394
Stazon Splitcoast

Hiya my friends! Just popping in to tell all my east coast friends to batten down the hatches and stay safe! I'm hearing of all kinds of tornado warnings. It's rainy pretty good out there today. Please be safe!!!! Huge hugs to you all!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 AM   #3395
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kookzi, thanks for the warning. Good heavens, I didn't even know about the tornadoes. It is raining here. When I saw your message, I checked and, sure enough, there are tornado watches but not in my county...just some fairly close ones. I'm sure that is so terrifying for so many after all the devastation from the spring tornadoes...so much death and destruction. Yes, everyone stay safe.

Thanks, Kookzi. You can now be our official weather reporter.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-16-2011, 05:37 AM   #3396
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy?????????? No card yet! I'm on a constant watch. Even Pamzi got cards on the gallery yesterday.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #3397
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Did you all see that our secretary, Karen, is having carpal tunnel surgery Friday?
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #3398
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll be most happy to be the weather gal.....as appointed by the Prez! Where did I put my green screen?????? Hmmmm........Ok..who took it???!!!

I didn't know that Karen is having carpal tunnel surgery on Friday. Iffen I did know it, I forgot it......You know, old age and all! I'll be praying for you, GF!!!!

BTW, does anyone play Gardens of Time on Facebook??? Besides Karen and I? Just askin'!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #3399
Stazon Splitcoast

It's been so long since I dropped by, it will take me HOURS to get a grip on what has been happening here. Can anyone sum it up in ten words or less for me???
Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #3400
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

All I can say in 10 words or less...Izzy is in Arizona..who knows what the other punchiez........... oops, ran out of words (only allowed 10).

I don't know where your green screen is Kookzi but you better be finding it soon. Maybe Pamzi and her zatellite equipment can help find it...although, I don't think it works very well if you kwim.

No play Gardens of Time on Facebook....I don't even have time to get on Facebook...set up an account and cancelled it the same day. Ha
2014 CAS Spring DT