In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #3281
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Isaiah40:31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a state of oblivion....
Posts: 12,385
Default

MamaRitzi - so glad DD has settled in. She's lucky to have such a supportive Mom. As for Angry Birds. Yup. Addicting. I got a new phone in July and have blown up more than a few green pigs since then. Keeps me occupied on long trips in the car. Tee hee. Too bad I won't be able to use the new phone when we're south of the border... International calling plans are just WAY to costly. Guess we'll be Skyping with the kids.
__________________
Heather :)...... My Gallery
“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Isaiah40:31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #3282
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Benzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stars Fell on Alabama
Posts: 33,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5sons View Post
To all of my punchy friends - sorry that I have been remiss in commenting as of late. Between the beginning of school, a ministry at church that winds down this weekend and the start of Confirmation classes for DSs I've barely been holding my own. I still think of you and hope to get back to regular commenting soon, just that those kids of mine seem to think that they should come before my Punchiez. Honestly!! Enjoy the rest of your "summer" - and Qulitzi enjoy your vaca! Big Hugz to all!
Not to worry, momof5sons...we just can't do it all. Honestly is right, why would those kids think such a thing????????!!!! I'm stunned. LOL
__________________
My Blog---My Gallery
I'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVER
Dirty Dozen
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Benzi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #3283
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

Thanks for zee b-day wishes. My doc sayz I will live longer the more punchez I buy, so I'm off to zee store so I don't end up like Old Lady Benzi!! LOL!! Again thanks. I think everyone needs a break for busy schedules. Does it ever end???? Hugzi!
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:30 AM   #3284
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Benzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stars Fell on Alabama
Posts: 33,912
Default

Dream on, Pamzi....we know the doctor said no such thing. Stay out of those stores. But, in case you do buy some new punchez, Happy Punchin'!
__________________
My Blog---My Gallery
I'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVER
Dirty Dozen
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Benzi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #3285
Stazon Splitcoast
 
whiterockmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beautiful, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 24,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
MamaRitzi - so glad DD has settled in. She's lucky to have such a supportive Mom. As for Angry Birds. Yup. Addicting. I got a new phone in July and have blown up more than a few green pigs since then. Keeps me occupied on long trips in the car. Tee hee. Too bad I won't be able to use the new phone when we're south of the border... International calling plans are just WAY to costly. Guess we'll be Skyping with the kids.
Those darn pigs...one level took me an hour to get through -- yes, definition of insantiy LOL!Skype is fabulous. If you have it we should skype some day
__________________
"For I am confident in this, that He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus" Phil 1:6
Verve Diva
My Blog
My SCS Gallery
whiterockmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #3286
Stazon Splitcoast
 
whiterockmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beautiful, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 24,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Thanks for zee b-day wishes. My doc sayz I will live longer the more punchez I buy, so I'm off to zee store so I don't end up like Old Lady Benzi!! LOL!! Again thanks. I think everyone needs a break for busy schedules. Does it ever end???? Hugzi!
Think the 'script was for 5 times your age in punches, right?! Hope you find a few to treat yourself too.
__________________
"For I am confident in this, that He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus" Phil 1:6
Verve Diva
My Blog
My SCS Gallery
whiterockmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #3287
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Dream on, Pamzi....we know the doctor said no such thing. Stay out of those stores. But, in case you do buy some new punchez, Happy Punchin'!
The DOC said I would stay young and healthy if I go buy some punchez, but he said you let yourself go too long giving away those punchez to your neighbor, that there is no hope for you!
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #3288
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HB WISHES! I just turned one year YOUNGER!
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #3289
Stazon Splitcoast
 
whiterockmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beautiful, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 24,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Well, if anyone has been remiss in commenting, I'd probably be at the top of the list lately. This summer just flew! And I had so much to do!

How did it get so late so soon.
It's night before it's afternoon.
December's here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon.
- Dr. Seuss

Yup, that's my life in a nutshell. But, last night I did clear off the desktop in my "Rubble Room". Oops, I meant "Rubber Room". So maybe if I get the other horizontal surface tidied today I can make a card!!! (Murphy's Law of Household Geometry: Any horizontal surface is soon piled up.)

Good news: DD and I have pretty much completed all the props for her photo booth on Saturday. Lots of fun stuff. And I got to use brads, bling, lots of sticky tape, some cardstock - so it helped get me in the mood for crafting. I hope.
Murphy's Household Geometry lives at my house too LOL! Props for the wedding sound fabulous. Best of luck to her on her shoot
__________________
"For I am confident in this, that He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus" Phil 1:6
Verve Diva
My Blog
My SCS Gallery
whiterockmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 AM   #3290
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nwilliams6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Deatsville, Alabama
Posts: 17,878
Default

Happy Birthday Pamzi! I believe Punchez make you live longer - they decrease your stress level and blood pressure unless they stick or break (like my MS sprig punch did a few weeks ago) and they add to your happiness feelings which has got to help with longevity.

Hugz to all of you!
__________________
Nancy Williams - Hope your day is Spirit-filled and ink-filled (in that order)!
Punchkateers - improving the world one punch at a time!
Blog: What's On My Kitchen Counter
DTs: Squigglefly, Pattie's Creations, & MFPSpeedyTV - Inspiration Challenge
nwilliams6 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #3291
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Benzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stars Fell on Alabama
Posts: 33,912
Default

Hi Nancy, good to see you here. I just had a punch to break, too. It was my Fall Leaves patp. Only the corner punch is messed up..it just starting chewing up the corner instead of making a leaf. I think they may shorten my life as I get so mad at them. LOL
__________________
My Blog---My Gallery
I'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVER
Dirty Dozen
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Benzi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #3292
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nwilliams6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Deatsville, Alabama
Posts: 17,878
Default

I had one day of vacation left so I thought I would do some catching up today. I have loaded 1/2 of my recent RAKS (I have been a bad girl). I even started a blog a couple of days ago, but I don't know how to add it to my signature without adding the whole address (I have got to try and learn some things one day). I will add it to my signature when I figure out how to do it cool.

Benzi, I am going to see if my DH can fix my broken punch - he thinks he can weld a new handle and make it work but I have my doubts....
__________________
Nancy Williams - Hope your day is Spirit-filled and ink-filled (in that order)!
Punchkateers - improving the world one punch at a time!
Blog: What's On My Kitchen Counter
DTs: Squigglefly, Pattie's Creations, & MFPSpeedyTV - Inspiration Challenge
nwilliams6 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #3293
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Benzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stars Fell on Alabama
Posts: 33,912
Default

Nancy, here is the link for adding your signature. You may already have it, but if not..........Splitcoaststampers - Help

Yea for you starting a blog. Can we see it?

Good luck with the punch. Did you see where Debzi said to tap on the top with a hammer (not too hard) and that sometimes gets a punch back in line. My is way beyond that, I believe. But, that did work for me with one of the punches....just according to what is wrong with it. I even put mine in the freezer once and that helped for a while. I have heard others say to do that, too. I know...sounds crazy. Again, that will work according to the problem.
__________________
My Blog---My Gallery
I'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVER
Dirty Dozen
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Benzi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #3294
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwilliams6 View Post
Happy Birthday Pamzi! I believe Punchez make you live longer - they decrease your stress level and blood pressure unless they stick or break (like my MS sprig punch did a few weeks ago) and they add to your happiness feelings which has got to help with longevity.

Hugz to all of you!
Thanks Nancy - glad someone agrees that punchez will keep you young unlike Old Lady Benzi!
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #3295
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Benzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stars Fell on Alabama
Posts: 33,912
Default

Nancy, I found your blog from mine...the comment you left today. I didn't notice your avatar and just thought it came from a 'regular' google account. I love the name of your blog. I'm going back to investigate. I became a follower already.
__________________
My Blog---My Gallery
I'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVER
Dirty Dozen
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Benzi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #3296
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwilliams6 View Post
I had one day of vacation left so I thought I would do some catching up today. I have loaded 1/2 of my recent RAKS (I have been a bad girl). I even started a blog a couple of days ago, but I don't know how to add it to my signature without adding the whole address (I have got to try and learn some things one day). I will add it to my signature when I figure out how to do it cool.

Benzi, I am going to see if my DH can fix my broken punch - he thinks he can weld a new handle and make it work but I have my doubts....
Good to see you Nancy. Congrats on blog - I'll only ever have a fake secret one. Hope zee punch gets fixed Nutzi so you don't go NUTS!
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #3297
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Nancy, I found your blog from mine...the comment you left today. I didn't notice your avatar and just thought it came from a 'regular' google account. I love the name of your blog. I'm going back to investigate. I became a follower already.
Benz, let me know the blog link so I can join Nancy's blog too even though I'm blogless 4-evah!
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #3298
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Benzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stars Fell on Alabama
Posts: 33,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Benz, let me know the blog link so I can join Nancy's blog too even though I'm blogless 4-evah!
I'm too old to let you know...oh, here it is:
What's on My Kitchen Counter

I think it is those punches that made me 91 years old.
__________________
My Blog---My Gallery
I'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVER
Dirty Dozen
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Benzi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #3299
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Isaiah40:31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a state of oblivion....
Posts: 12,385
Default

Gasp! Another blog to try and follow. I'm so terrible at keeping up with blogs - there are just so many that I like!!! Then when I try and catch up with all the ones I have bookmarked, I spend forever at the computer... But congrats indeed Nancy on the new blog. I shall endeavour to get there whenever I can. Like my Fruitflakezi friend Pamzelina, I will be blogless 4-evah! I'm not going even start a fakezi blog!

And: "I Made It Through A Story At Nancy's Kitchen Counter" so I want blog candy. Or at least an update on how those bacon choc chip cookies turned out!!!

And I certainly agree that sometimes the "coincidences" that happen in my life are a huge reminder to me that they probably aren't coincidences at all and that even though it doesn't always make sense, God is undeniably taking care of the situations in my life without need of my advice.

Oh, and since I am the same ripe old age as the Fruitflake (Or, rather, that the Fruitflake is now the same ripe old age that I am), that means I can get the same number of punchez as she does. 5 times my age in punchez. Gettin' old ain't so bad after all! Must tell DH. Is that prescription renewable every birthday?

Nancy!! Your sprig punch BROKE!!!???!!! I would be so sad if that happened to mine.
__________________
Heather :)...... My Gallery
“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Isaiah40:31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #3300
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Gingerbeary8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kingsland, Georgia
Posts: 34,120
Default

Happy Happy Birthday Pamzi. I hope you day is filled with love, happiness, lots of hugs and kisses, and of course a trailer load of punches and die cuts!!!! lol Thanks for being such a wonderful friend to all of us. You have blessed each and everyone of our lives with your kind caring ways and fun and hilarious comments. Best Wishes Always.

Love
Carol
__________________
My Blog
Cottage Cutz DT
Punchkateer Extraordinaire
Gingerbeary8 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #3301
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
fionna51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fort Collins CO
Posts: 10,392
Default

Speaking of broken punches.

My MS pine branch thingy punch stopped punching a while ago. Man was I bummed. I could punch typing paper but not cardstock. I was determined to try everything however, since it is not available any more.

My discovery? I put the paper in the punch, set the punch on the table (metal down, picture on the plastic up) and push on the lever. What do you know! It works! I think that they get out of alignment or something. Or something bends that shouldn't bend when you punch with it in your hand.

Won't hurt to try it...
__________________
Diane
Quiltzi...High Plains Member of Punchkateerz
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
fionna51 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #3302
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwilliams6 View Post
I had one day of vacation left so I thought I would do some catching up today. I have loaded 1/2 of my recent RAKS (I have been a bad girl). I even started a blog a couple of days ago, but I don't know how to add it to my signature without adding the whole address (I have got to try and learn some things one day). I will add it to my signature when I figure out how to do it cool.

Benzi, I am going to see if my DH can fix my broken punch - he thinks he can weld a new handle and make it work but I have my doubts....
I would die if that punch broke. It's my favorite and you can do so much with it.
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #3303
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Happy Happy Birthday Pamzi. I hope you day is filled with love, happiness, lots of hugs and kisses, and of course a trailer load of punches and die cuts!!!! lol Thanks for being such a wonderful friend to all of us. You have blessed each and everyone of our lives with your kind caring ways and fun and hilarious comments. Best Wishes Always.

Love
Carol
Thanks Bearzi!
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #3304
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Gasp! Another blog to try and follow. I'm so terrible at keeping up with blogs - there are just so many that I like!!! Then when I try and catch up with all the ones I have bookmarked, I spend forever at the computer... But congrats indeed Nancy on the new blog. I shall endeavour to get there whenever I can. Like my Fruitflakezi friend Pamzelina, I will be blogless 4-evah! I'm not going even start a fakezi blog!

And: "I Made It Through A Story At Nancy's Kitchen Counter" so I want blog candy. Or at least an update on how those bacon choc chip cookies turned out!!!

And I certainly agree that sometimes the "coincidences" that happen in my life are a huge reminder to me that they probably aren't coincidences at all and that even though it doesn't always make sense, God is undeniably taking care of the situations in my life without need of my advice.

Oh, and since I am the same ripe old age as the Fruitflake (Or, rather, that the Fruitflake is now the same ripe old age that I am), that means I can get the same number of punchez as she does. 5 times my age in punchez. Gettin' old ain't so bad after all! Must tell DH. Is that prescription renewable every birthday?

Nancy!! Your sprig punch BROKE!!!???!!! I would be so sad if that happened to mine.
Me no do blog commenting either Diz. I really wish I could, but only SCS. Only once in awhile I check on someone's blog to see what is going on.

Are we both the same ripe old age Diz???? Good thing we're not even close to reaching Old Lady Benzi'z age!
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #3305
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Isaiah40:31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a state of oblivion....
Posts: 12,385
Default

Yup Pamzi, pretty sure we decided that we is the same wonderful age. 1958 hatched some good ones!
__________________
Heather :)...... My Gallery
“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Isaiah40:31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #3306
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Isaiah40:31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a state of oblivion....
Posts: 12,385
Default

Here's the "event" that was on my calendar yesterday:

Before: (o)(o) After: (__)(__)

But I'm good for another year now...

My sister joined me for the day (she figured the moral support would be good) so we started with a wonderfully relaxing lunch at the Olive Garden, then I took "my girls" to have their "pictures taken" (see above). Followed that with some retail therapy and then decided to go see "The Help". Great movie. Both my sister and I had read the book over the summer. Truly a 'girls day out'.
__________________
Heather :)...... My Gallery
“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Isaiah40:31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #3307
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
momof5sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a state of grace
Posts: 10,684
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Yup Pamzi, pretty sure we decided that we is the same wonderful age. 1958 hatched some good ones!
Me too!
__________________
Marie


My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?
momof5sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #3308
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Isaiah40:31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a state of oblivion....
Posts: 12,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
1958 hatched some good ones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5sons View Post
Me too!
Told ya!
__________________
Heather :)...... My Gallery
“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Isaiah40:31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #3309
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Yup Pamzi, pretty sure we decided that we is the same wonderful age. 1958 hatched some good ones!
Zee Fruitcake and Zee Dizzi born in the same year - now that's scary. However, at least we're not as old as some people we know on the site . . . uh hum...Old Lady Benzi!
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #3310
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pam124's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23,903
Default

FYI - Da Dizzi'z pm box is FULL so I couldn't send her my message that I am thinkin' of changin' her name to "LATEZI" since she's always running late on challenges, etc., due to her extensive world traveling. La-Latezi, get that pm box emptied. We know you ain't that popular!!! Can't put anything past zee fruitcake!!! Hugs and if you get on time, I'll rename you "TIMEZI"!
__________________
Pam
Co-Founder of The Punchkateerz!Fan Club Member
pam124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #3311
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Isaiah40:31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a state of oblivion....
Posts: 12,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
FYI - Da Dizzi'z pm box is FULL so I couldn't send her my message that I am thinkin' of changin' her name to "LATEZI" since she's always running late on challenges, etc., due to her extensive world traveling. La-Latezi, get that pm box emptied. We know you ain't that popular!!! Can't put anything past zee fruitcake!!! Hugs and if you get on time, I'll rename you "TIMEZI"!
Golly gee willikers Batman! You don't waste no time changin' namez fer people do ya Pamzi! Sorry 'bout the full mailbox. Hadn't paid much attention to it "late"ly and I guess it just filled up without me noticing. I cleared out a bit of space for now and will get to that when I get a chance. I'm pretty much sure you're focusing on the new name because I'm latezi for a certain September birthday more than latezi fer da challenges. But sadly, it'z true. I'm so far behind the rest of the pack I think I'm leading the race!

We've had a marvelous stretch of glorious fall weather. September has been far more pleasant (and warmer) than June, July and much of August. We have about a month before we get ready to enjoy Arizona so we have lotz to do before then. Including pack up a box of zee ztamps and punchez for me to use while I'm there.

Have a good weekend Punchiez!
__________________
Heather :)...... My Gallery
“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Isaiah40:31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:20 PM   #3312
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
fionna51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fort Collins CO
Posts: 10,392
Default

Well, I got home. Had a great week with my DH's brother (and family) and sister. Traveled around to a few places we haven't been before...hit one quilt shop...no stamping or scrapping stores anywhere around.

Benzi...I waved when I flew over your house. Did you feel it??? You sure couldn't have seen me! We flew Denver to Atlanta to Rochester, so you were right on the route.

We had a great week weather-wise and are thankful we didn't go this week...it's supposed to rain all week.

I'll be back. I'm kinda jet lagged and have a headache so I'm going to go fix late dinner (frozen pizza) and hit the sack. See ya!
__________________
Diane
Quiltzi...High Plains Member of Punchkateerz
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
fionna51 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:51 AM   #3313
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Gingerbeary8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kingsland, Georgia
Posts: 34,120
Default

Welcome back Quiltzi:

Hey Ladies I wanted to give you an update on my job hunting situation. I know I had asked for prayer for a job interview i went on back in August.

Well, I got my answer, but it wasn't the one I was expecting. I believe I am suppose to stay right where I am. I had to stop thinking with my heart and use my eyes and my head. The manager where I work tries to pit the employees against the owner. This was the reason I felt I needed to get out of there If there ever was a wolf in sheep's clothing, I met him. lol I am not buying into that and made a 360 degree turn-around and put my nose to the grindstone to help the owner open another store about 60 miles from our home office. In the last month he has given me sort of 3 raises. He told me how much he appreciates me and that I deserve it. This is the short version of the story-but I did want to let you all know that I appreciated the prayers and support.
__________________
My Blog
Cottage Cutz DT
Punchkateer Extraordinaire
Gingerbeary8 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:25 AM   #3314
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Isaiah40:31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a state of oblivion....
Posts: 12,385
Default

Welcome back Quiltzi!!! Glad to hear you had a great time visiting family.

Bearzi - thanks for the update. Your story is a great reminder that how we respond to any situation reveals a lot about our attitude towards the challenges we face. Sounds like you've turned a challenge into an opportunity. Good luck!

Have a great week Punchiez!
__________________
Heather :)...... My Gallery
“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Isaiah40:31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #3315
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Benzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stars Fell on Alabama
Posts: 33,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Well, I got home. Had a great week with my DH's brother (and family) and sister. Traveled around to a few places we haven't been before...hit one quilt shop...no stamping or scrapping stores anywhere around.

Benzi...I waved when I flew over your house. Did you feel it??? You sure couldn't have seen me! We flew Denver to Atlanta to Rochester, so you were right on the route.

We had a great week weather-wise and are thankful we didn't go this week...it's supposed to rain all week.

I'll be back. I'm kinda jet lagged and have a headache so I'm going to go fix late dinner (frozen pizza) and hit the sack. See ya!

OMG, you were so close, Quilitzi. Couldn't you just jump out and visit for a minute? Then, I could have warmed up the jet and carried you on to your next destination.
Hope you had lots of fun with DH's family....but, what? No stampin' or scrappin' stores....shame on them.
Good to have you back!!
__________________
My Blog---My Gallery
I'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVER
Dirty Dozen
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Benzi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #3316
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Benzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stars Fell on Alabama
Posts: 33,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Welcome back Quiltzi:

Hey Ladies I wanted to give you an update on my job hunting situation. I know I had asked for prayer for a job interview i went on back in August.

Well, I got my answer, but it wasn't the one I was expecting. I believe I am suppose to stay right where I am. I had to stop thinking with my heart and use my eyes and my head. The manager where I work tries to pit the employees against the owner. This was the reason I felt I needed to get out of there If there ever was a wolf in sheep's clothing, I met him. lol I am not buying into that and made a 360 degree turn-around and put my nose to the grindstone to help the owner open another store about 60 miles from our home office. In the last month he has given me sort of 3 raises. He told me how much he appreciates me and that I deserve it. This is the short version of the story-but I did want to let you all know that I appreciated the prayers and support.
Wolf in sheep's clothing or fox in the hen house...either one is bad. LOL Glad you wised up and helped the owner. I would say he is the one that counts. Oh, so many trials. Wishing you the best, Bearzi. Sounds as if you're on the right track.
__________________
My Blog---My Gallery
I'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVER
Dirty Dozen
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Benzi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #3317
Stazon Splitcoast
 
whiterockmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beautiful, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 24,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Here's the "event" that was on my calendar yesterday:

Before: (o)(o) After: (__)(__)

But I'm good for another year now...

My sister joined me for the day (she figured the moral support would be good) so we started with a wonderfully relaxing lunch at the Olive Garden, then I took "my girls" to have their "pictures taken" (see above). Followed that with some retail therapy and then decided to go see "The Help". Great movie. Both my sister and I had read the book over the summer. Truly a 'girls day out'.
ROFL!!!! I just went through the same "picture taking procedure" myself on Thursday of last week. Must say the side profile isn't as good as it used to be LOL! I totally laughed when I saw the cartoon which said "male mammograms" or something of the sort. You can imagine which male part was getting it's picture taken ;o)

I didn't have the luxury of lunch and some retail therapy - had to come home and do some work for hubby, but am thankful for my yearly "gift" that keeps things in the forefront (no pun intended) should something show up.

Job for hubby will keep me busy for another two weeks and the ongoing saga of my daughter's transition issues to high school are just about wiping me out each day....poor thing is having such a hard time on the social side. Classes are great, it's just the lunch hour that is doing her in. She needcs to get more proactive in lunch dates or asking others if she can join them and it is soooo unlike her shy personality to do so. Lots of growing up and growth happening. Praying HARD for a Christian friend for her to be able to walk through high school with.

However, my issues are far from large based on what some of you ladies are having to deal with on a regular basis. Hugs to you all
__________________
"For I am confident in this, that He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus" Phil 1:6
Verve Diva
My Blog
My SCS Gallery
whiterockmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #3318
Stazon Splitcoast
 
whiterockmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beautiful, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 24,317
Default

Welcome back, Quiltzi I had this wonderful mental image of dressed up in a parachute jumping outfit and goggles on standing at the edge of the plane's door ready to "drop in" on Benzi LOL! Guess the stewardess wouldn't open the door, huh?!

Bearzi: Well done on thinking with your noodle. Sounds like you made a good move and are being rewarded for not taking part in the "games" being played at the office you were in. Time for the owner to fire the manager...hmm....I think who he could hire to replace him too!! All the best to you
__________________
"For I am confident in this, that He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus" Phil 1:6
Verve Diva
My Blog
My SCS Gallery
whiterockmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #3319
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Marleygo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 39,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Told ya!
1958 - Me too!!!!!
__________________
Lesley
Proud Fan Club and RAK Member
He is the GOD of the Impossible!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Marleygo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #3320
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Benzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stars Fell on Alabama
Posts: 33,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Here's the "event" that was on my calendar yesterday:

Before: (o)(o) After: (__)(__)

But I'm good for another year now...

My sister joined me for the day (she figured the moral support would be good) so we started with a wonderfully relaxing lunch at the Olive Garden, then I took "my girls" to have their "pictures taken" (see above). Followed that with some retail therapy and then decided to go see "The Help". Great movie. Both my sister and I had read the book over the summer. Truly a 'girls day out'.
0

OUCH!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, that ordeal is over for a while. I was in the smash machine in June. No fun.
I haven't seen 'The Help' but my neighbor loved it. Maybe soon.
__________________
My Blog---My Gallery
I'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVER
Dirty Dozen
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Benzi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off