Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #241
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi Ladiez, just got home from my nephews b-day party and am trying to catch up.

Debzi...I don't know much of your son's story, but I hope he is doing ok.

Benzi...I am so glad you are ok, I hate, hate, hate tornado season.

Pamzi...I am so sorry you have the icky stomach virus, feel better soon.

This has been such a delightful two days for me with the QFTD game, everyone has been so wonderful, I cried about ten times reading some of the wonderful comments other stampers left me, it is just so heart warming!

Clazi

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #242
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Pamzi, I hope you're better really soon. I was afraid you would get this virus from Brandon...just almost no way around it.

Debzi, thanks for pointing us to the newbie. We've all been new and needing some love and encouragement.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 04-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #243
Stazon Splitcoast

Pamzi-Wamzi, please feel better soon! I'm so sorry that the bug found you!

Benzi-Wenzi...I'm so happy that you are safe and sound! Will keep your family in my prayers. Keep us posted, k?

Debzi-Webzi, thanks so much on the heads up with the newbie! I love encouraging people who are just getting started. You are da bomb, my friend!

Had a fantastic time cleaning up the camperground site and settling the camper in and getting it hooked up and going. I'm siked to start next weekend camping! My brother, Jim, and his wife, Ev, have a site right next to ours. We raked leaves, blew leaves, burned leaves, sprayed bug spray all over, cut down trees and stacked wood today. Then, we went out to dinner. Good times!!!!! Ill be sore tomorrow! Heehee!

Take care, my fella PUnchkateerz!!! Nighty-night! RYPH!!!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:01 AM   #244
Full of Malarky

Well, kidz, I did get four house mouse images - all the same - coloured up tonight. That's major for me!! LOL!!! I have so many family members........ 2 sisters, two brothers, mom, dad in law, mom in law, sister and brother in laws, ahhhhh 10 neices and nephews, one grandnephew...........etc etc and friends.... you get the picture of cards I need!!! That is why I make multiples!! Mother's day is fast approaching -and DH's family all seemed to get born and married in May! Sigh!

Oh - Cathleen - William was at university a couple of weeks ago - felt dizzy - got up to go lie down -but instead he fell and lost conciousness briefly, and vomitted. He felt unable to get up - so they called an ambulance and he ended up in Vancouver General Hospital on in a heart monitoring bed for about??? 8 hours plus.. It scared the heck out of me. They found a problem - inverted T waves on his ECG. So - they consulted with a cardio guy in emerg. He then had an echocardigram - like an ultrasound. It came back as normal -- which is a huge relief - but we have yet to see the cardiogist to understand why he has the irregular ECG. While Wm was in hospital he did develop a fever and aches and pains and seemed unwell for several days after. It really scared me!!!! But I am confident that the cardio guy will triage William properly. He'll be 20 in May......... another card! My other son is Daniel - he is 25. I'm still shocked that I have such old kids - and that I've been married nearly 27 years!! Awk!!!!

Poor guy - he had to cancel a trip to Hawaii b/c he could not get health insurance out of country .

Anyway - I'll call on Monday and see what's up.

He studying for an exam right now. Because of the Olympics here in Vancouver - they have exams at UBC - University of British Columbia - even on Sat and Sundays!!!!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono

Last edited by debzi333; 04-25-2010 at 04:04 AM..
Old 04-25-2010, 05:28 AM   #245
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Debzi, you are rollin' with the House-Mouse. Good for you.

I made cards to send Shellapoo...5 so far and two re-makes.

All my family made it through the bad weather yesterday, thankfully.

Off to church, girlz.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #246

Good morning Ladies....whew what a busy weekend trying to keep up with commenting for the VSN. Pamzi-sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Benzi-so glad the tornadoes left you alone. Debzi-I hope you continue to hear good news. Clazi-congratulations on being the queen the week. Emizi welcome back from your trip. And is it Kookzi cleaning the campground!!! lol I might be mixed up on the last one...please forgive.

Anyway, I found out that I can "sticky" a post if I start a new thread here in the entertainment section. I can't put it at the top of this thread-just start a new one and stick it at the top. What do you guys think??? I could put all the members and there new assigned names and we can just move to that one. Let me know and I would be happy to do it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I am going to be studying, it is raining here today. Got a big test on Tuesday.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #247
Stazon Splitcoast

Trying to catch up my fellow Punchiez. Debzi, I commented on the newbie stamper's gallery. Wonder if she'll notice we have the punchkateer signatures? Thanks for the info. and happy to comment on her gallery.
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #248
Stazon Splitcoast

Crazy day ahead... Sorry I haven't been around much since we got home from the "big pile of rocks". Big church event this evening, we're ushers this morning, also wound up with several extra tasks on my plate this week and, just when I figured my plate was full, we had unexpected (but delightfully welcome) company for supper last night. I did manage to get a QFTD card made to honour our Clazi on Friday - no time yet to post it though! Will catch up later. Have a great day Punchkateerz!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:44 AM   #249
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Bearzi, that (sticky) sounds good to me if it is o.k. with everyone else.

Pamzi, hope you're feeling better today.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #250
Stazon Splitcoast

Bearzi.....sounds good to me with the sticky. Whatever U want to do.....I'll still find U!!! Bwahahahahaaa!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #251
Full of Malarky

The sticky idea is fine with me too! Just off to go grocery shopping..... story of my life, besides walking the dog!!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #252
Stazon Splitcoast

Bearzi, fine with me as long as someone tells me where to head to. Sorry I haven't been on SCS much at all today. Debzi I'll get to your gallery as soon as I can!!

Hugzi
pamzi - feeling much better today, but can't eat much!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #253
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Bearzi, fine with me as long as someone tells me where to head to. Sorry I haven't been on SCS much at all today. Debzi I'll get to your gallery as soon as I can!!

Hugzi
pamzi - feeling much better today, but can't eat much!
Oh nothing is new in my gallery yet.. no worries kind Pamzi!!!Still working in my OCD way on my cards!! LOL!!!

You know, no matter how I try to make a soft pastel card - somehow I always brighten up those colours just a touch! I just cannot do pastel!!!
Glad you are feeling better Pamazi!
Old 04-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #254
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Trying to catch up my fellow Punchiez. Debzi, I commented on the newbie stamper's gallery. Wonder if she'll notice we have the punchkateer signatures? Thanks for the info. and happy to comment on her gallery.

I thought of that too - the punchkateers thingy - but then didn't the three muskateers do good deeds?
Old 04-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #255

Oh Wow Debzi, reading the story about William must have scared the daylights out of you. Please keep us posted and let us know if they found the cause for why this is hapening to him.

I was hardly on SCS today, had to go check up on my folks, did a little shopping, had lunch with my sis, then came home and took a nap! Now I have a pile of laundry to get to, I swear it never ends!

Old 04-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #256
Full of Malarky

Yes, Clazi, I was really frightened when I got the call from my son's girlfriend, who they called at UBC - since she is also a student there. She went with him in the ambulance,and called me. I took a taxi to the subway - because I didn't trust myself to drive. It really through me for a loop. I'm feeling much calmer about it now, thanks.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:40 AM   #257

Good morning Punckateers....some time this week I will put up our members and their Punchkateer names and stick it!!! lol I promise I will not inundate you guys with so many cards in one weekend for a long time...lol I was lucky enough to get those cards done for VSN. I am not going to be around for the May VSN which is two days. Sometimes I can bearly squeeze in two cards a week!!! lol I will be putting my bear nose to the books in the next coming weeks as my class will end on May 18. Then I will be pounding the pavement with my bear paws looking for an Internship/job!!!

I love the idea of putting pnz in the keywords!!!! You do Debzi!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #258
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning ladies!! Sounds like we've all got a case of the busies This weekend was catch up for me after our trip and keeping my 5thgrader on track with her homework and projects that are due this week. Joanna had to design a board game to go with (and illustrate her knowledge of) the book they've been reading and studying at school, Tuck Everlasting. Proud to say that she did a bang up job (using my punchez and stampz) to make an awesome game board!!

Hoped that *I* could play with my punchez (and stamps!) today, but last night I started a list of all the things I need to do and found that I'm STILL behind on all the things I normally would have gotten done last week and need TWO more days to catch up!!! So no cards and no SCS today I only got a total of two comments in your galleries this weekend and am dying to see what everyone has been up to, but it's going to be a few more days before I can work it in. Ugh!!!

Good luck on your test tomorrow, Bearzi!!!! Study hard (and when you have a chance afterward, remind of what kind of degree you are working on and what type of internship/etc. you are looking for!!!!)

Get well, Pamzi!!

I'm thinking of all of you--even if I don't have the time right now to say so!!!

Take care, all. I'll be back soon!!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #259
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Fellow Punchkateerz:

Whew, I'm glad it's not just me that has been buzy!!! Soundz like we all have had a tough time lately. I'm just glad to see everyone is home safe and sound! So glad William is doing better Debzi. That must have been a horrible experience.

Just because I haven't been on line as much doesn't mean I haven't been thinking of renaming - YES, AGAIN!!

1. Benzi the Frenzi or Frenzi Benzi

2. Debzi the Brainzy or Brainzi (she actually wrote that in one of her pm and it fit SO
WELL because of that high IQ she's always talking about.

3. Rookzi Kookzi is no rookzi at all - have you seen how many z'z she getz into her messages???? She's the master of the z'z!! I think it might be time for an election
and naming her Prez Kookzi!!!

4. I have to give Frenzi Benzi credit where credit is due. She did start the name
Punchkateerz. It started out with Dizzy and myself calling ourselves the
VIP Punch Pals, but then Butzi, now known as Frenzi Benzi, butted in, made
herself a member, changed the name and became prez. That girl workz
fast!!!

5. So far, everyone else can stay the same

Hey Bearzi, how iz that Sweatin' to the Punchez exercize video coming along? Once you finish up schooling, you'll have more time to put it together. What are you going to intern for? Will you still have time to punch????????

Congrats to Emzi for putting her punchez together for a school project!

Where the heck is Nutzi??????????? Iz she still at the craft store buying punchez or did she get caught s/lifting a few and get put in the slammerz???? Do they have punchez in the slammer?????

And, Ritzi commented on a card that since she usez the swiss dots ef all the time, pointz should be deducted from her punch count for every time she uses that ef!! I thought that was funny. Swiss dots is one of my classic faves too!! But, no deductionz, using a punch is using a punch!!!

OMG, I can tell it's been too long since I've chatted with you all. Better go before I continue to ramble the day away.

I'm better today - eating a little more.

Hugzi
pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #260

Hi Galz! I have the Kidz today, and they are finally napping!
Emzi, I remember when Sara had to read Tuck Everlasting, I loved that book!

OMG Pamzi, LMBO at the Sweatin' to the Punchez exercise video!

I have so many cardz to make for the first half of May, every design team wants to have a Hop all of the sudden.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #261

Punchkateers....I hate to do this to you but ya'll got to check out these new punches here. I had better find a job once I get out of school to support my habit!!! LOL There are some awesome new punches coming out!!!

Well, to answer your questions, I was laid off from my job of 10 years as a Bank Manager in January of 2009. I have been unable to get a job since then and have decided to change career paths. It's really a blessing as I was stagnant in that position and have always liked a challenge of learning new things. I am taking Medical Coding and Billing. I LOVE it. You have to learn medical terminology and anatomy but it is fun. It's great to learn something new. At least it got me out of the depression I was in last year. I am hoping to get a job or internship until I have 6 months experience and then go for my Certification exam. Even if I do go back to work....I will be punching!!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #262
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks for the enabling, Bearzi. Have you checked out www.cropstop.com lately? It is maddening....I clicked only on Martha Stewart punches and went nutz. Sorry, Nutzi...not talking about you. I want that Bird/Branch (think that is what it is called) patp and BAD...I'm going out back to check on my money tree. I think it may need some fertilizer. Ouch!!

Bearzi, good for you. Sounds as if you'll love your new career and challenge.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #263
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, Pamzi, I don't like Benzi the Frenzi....just Benzi. LOL I'm going to have to find another name to go with Benzi, otherwise, you are going to go crazy, right?
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #264
Stazon Splitcoast

Frenzi, you are so uncooperative. You best come up with a good one quick. Don't you think Brainzi is a great one for Debzi?

Bearzi, how could you give that link to us addicts!!! Now, I really will be brokesi, but hopefully not in the slammer like Nutzi must be! Guess I'll have to sell my body to make extra money for the new punchez!! Or, would that make me more brokesi as I'd have to pay them, not them pay me!! Darnz!!

Bearzi, HOW fantastic about your new job opportunities. I love the medical field and wanted to be in it when I was a youngin' but ended up being in the legal field, now I'm in the autism field at home!! LOL!! But, what I really love is the punchin' field!! Sorry to hear you've had a rough year and I do hope you won't have to give up on your beautiful creations!!!

Clazi, of course they all want YOU to do cards for blog hops!! With a name like Clazi and your talentz, you'za goin' be one buzy stamperz!!!

Hugzi and Byzi All and Use the pnz code on your keywords.

pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #265
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, what'z up with Britzi? Britzi, are you there???? Or, are you too buzy with the Queen????

Hugzi
pamzi

P.S. I asked coffeestamper, a/k/a Perk and Sue, if she wanted to join The Punchkateerz because a perfect name for her would be "Perkzi"!! I'll let you know!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #266
Stazon Splitcoast

P.S. Sad news: Our kitty cat had to be put to sleep today. She was 18 years old and had renal failure, was unable to eat, drink etc. We waited till my son with autism went to school and took her to the vet. She's been with my son, Brandon, all his life, and he was all wrapped into her and we used her for part of his routines - like, he could pet her after he got dressed, ready for bed, etc., etc. But, she had a good 18 years and I'm happy she didn't have to suffer any more. She was actually a birthday present for my other son when he turned 8 and he's now almost 26, so he went with my husband and myself to the vet today. Very sadzi....

Hugzi
pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #267
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm talking to myself again. Must stop that . . .

pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #268
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh no, Pam, that is bad about your cat and so sad. We had to have our dog put to sleep some years ago. It was horrible. We have never gotten another pet because my hubby couldn't stand to go through that again. I did not go with him...couldn't do it. Are you going to get Brandon another cat?

I am so glad you asked Sue to join us. Perkzi sounds good. Hope she likes it if she comes along.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #269
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Oh no, Pam, that is bad about your cat and so sad. We had to have our dog put to sleep some years ago. It was horrible. We have never gotten another pet because my hubby couldn't stand to go through that again. I did not go with him...couldn't do it. Are you going to get Brandon another cat?

I am so glad you asked Sue to join us. Perkzi sounds good. Hope she likes it if she comes along.

It was sad, but we all went, except for Brandon, of course. I don't plan on getting another cat. Maybe an aquarium down the road, but that's about it at least for now.. Brandon wants another cat. Yeah, I don't know if Sue will, but when I thought of Perkzi, I just had to ask her!!

Hugzi Benzi,
pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #270
Full of Malarky

Oh Pamzi!! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to put your cat down.. That is so heartbreaking! We had to put our dog down - two years ago - on our 25th anniversary - of all days. He was 15, and having his second bout with pancreatitis. He was just so sick we could not let him suffer any longer. I know it's a heartbreaker to have to put your furbaby to sleep. So sorry. How will Brandon react? Will he be upset - or is he indifferent to her?

18 years is a good long life for a kitty - but I know that does not help things at all. So sorry Pamzi!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #271
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Punchkateers....I hate to do this to you but ya'll got to check out these new punches here. I had better find a job once I get out of school to support my habit!!! LOL There are some awesome new punches coming out!!!

Well, to answer your questions, I was laid off from my job of 10 years as a Bank Manager in January of 2009. I have been unable to get a job since then and have decided to change career paths. It's really a blessing as I was stagnant in that position and have always liked a challenge of learning new things. I am taking Medical Coding and Billing. I LOVE it. You have to learn medical terminology and anatomy but it is fun. It's great to learn something new. At least it got me out of the depression I was in last year. I am hoping to get a job or internship until I have 6 months experience and then go for my Certification exam. Even if I do go back to work....I will be punching!!

Oh GingerBear - that 's MY STORE!!!! I just orderd up a bunch of paper this am. No punchez though sigh....... My buttons arrived today though, from paper trey!! At last!!!!!!

Made a card! Woot! I used the pnz code! oh yeah!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #272
Full of Malarky

Just so you know - tommorow - Dentist appointment -sigh - Wed Dr appt, Thursday SU card class. I get to see the new SU colours!! Woot!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #273
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey gang, guess who may be joining our Punchkateer Club - It's the one and only "Coffeemaker", a/k/a Sue and Perk, and now known as "PERKZI!!" Welcome her to the Punchkateerz when you get a chance okay!! I gave her all the names of everyone so far.

OMG, I just noticed Brainzi's signature avatar reads "Brain Trust of the Punchkateerz"!! Way to funny Debz!!!

Hugzi,
pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #274
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to pm Nutzi. I'm worried I haven't heard from her and that she'z still in zee zlammer from shoplifting punchez!! Will report at a later date!!

pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 04-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #275
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Pamzi, let us know what you find out from Nutzi. Yep, I saw that Brain Trust businezz....oh, that is waaayyy too important.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #276
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Debzi, I've been wanting to know..what colorz are retiring?
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 04-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #277
Full of Malarky

Quote:
I'm going to pm Nutzi. I'm worried I haven't heard from her and that she'z still in zee zlammer from shoplifting punchez!! Will report at a later date!!

pamzi

Hmmm entirely possible! Do report back!!

Thanks for kind comment , Pamzi........ Benzi said my mices looked like MONKEYS!!!! LOL!!!!

Well - I caved , Benzi - and ordered the Awash with Flowers Set from my demo. When I talked to her today...... she said that she has the all the new colours!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I get to see them on Thursday evening!!

My papertrey buttonz arrived today!! Can't wait for Dave to go to bed so I can open zee package. I does not do to have husbands too much in the know!!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #278
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Debzi, I've been wanting to know..what colorz are retiring?

About ? 28 of them. A lot! I use bazzill and things too - but still - I grown to love some of my old faithfulls. I see if I can find a link for you.

Pamzi is a demo. Maybe she can try to sell you stuff. Maybe you should support her.. Yeah! In fact - maybe I'll do some cross border shopping myself!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #279
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Hey gang, guess who may be joining our Punchkateer Club - It's the one and only "Coffeemaker", a/k/a Sue and Perk, and now known as "PERKZI!!" Welcome her to the Punchkateerz when you get a chance okay!! I gave her all the names of everyone so far.

OMG, I just noticed Brainzi's signature avatar reads "Brain Trust of the Punchkateerz"!! Way to funny Debz!!!

Hugzi,
pamzi
When you've got it......... the Brain Trust - why not flaunt it? What can I say???????
Old 04-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #280
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Debzi, I did not mean your mice really look like monkies, but you know how they climb around in trees everywhere. Your card was just adorable.

Debzi, Braintrust...go back and look at my quesiton.
2014 CAS Spring DT