Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #2281
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
Bwahahhahaah!! Maybe later I'll share zee secret information.........

Well, okay -here it is - Fruitcake guessed it - in the glitter in my Christmas cards that I sent out - I embedded listening devices in the glitter...heheheheheheheheh...........
Yep...that's what I thought. See post #2269 and 2274.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #2282
Stazon Splitcoast

Default from zee Secztary

First, I'm sorry I've not been here in a VERY long time. Lots going on, it's just hard to keep up w/ everything!!! I know, excusez, excusez - that's what I've got.

I'm sure excited for M to be joining us. I can't wait for the Fruitcake to give her a name. How 'bout Musezi? Anyway I will be getting info out to you all shortly.

On a sad note, one of my excusez is my pooch is slowly going downhill. She haz probably bladder cancer and it won't be long b/f she can't pee at all and will have to go to doggie heaven. It's been very hard knowing and watching this take place. I know some of you know this already and have been so supportive, I appreciate that a lot.

But, WELCOME to the Punchiez Miss M.

Hugzi to all,
Bugzi

PS - Quiltz, what a lota loot!! Good for you. I'll be going to a party the end of the month. I've got my list made already!!!!

Thanks for stopping by my gallery.

COURAGE is FEAR that has said it's PRAYERS.

Bugzi, Punchkateer Secretary
Member of the Fan Club
QFTD49
Old 01-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #2283
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
As I asked earlier - where are all the Punchiez hidin' when da Fruitflakezi and da Defective Detective gang up on me!!!
I have surfaced from Shovelfest and the driveway with 8 inches of rather WET snow all over it! PHEW, that was one workout!!!! It is PERFECT snowman making snow though so the kids should have a ball at recess and lunch time

On to the real reason for my entry: YOU GIRLZ BEEZ NIZE TO MY ALBERTAN PUNCHKATEER friend!!!!

I take an additional interest as this is a card she cased for my FS gig so you are stepping on my toesies and MamaRitzi is is going to become a mean Mama if you keep picking on poor Izzy. I'll tell Santa not to give you any punches for Christmas and beware of Izzy, she has great powers to send snow your way - as recent weather across the country has proven! She is even tickling Benzi's toes with snow down south there to remind her of the punches she still owes her!! Yes, never underestimate the power of a Prairie woman - they can be veeeeeery dangerous.....
My SCS Gallery
Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #2284
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ritzi, so that is why we got so much snow......Izzy put a spell on us. Well, we rather enjoyed it and it is still with us. I'm still pet sitting and it is very difficult when doggies don't want to go out because of snow. And, I was taking up for Izzy...... what's up?
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #2285
Stazon Splitcoast

In my best Steve Urkel voice: "Did I do that?"

And as Piglet might say: "Oh dear!"

Iffen it wuz me that tickled your toes with snow - goodness me, it wasn't on purpose but I may have to look into what special powers I might have! If you like snow, you're welcome. If you don't, join the club.

(And thanks for the support MamaRitzi! )
Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #2286
Stazon Splitcoast

Good to see ya Bugzi. So sorry about your pooch. So sad when they suffer.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #2287
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
You got it, Izzy. The card from Debzi had lots of sparkle and Pam's was just loaded with gold embossing...you just never know, do you? I probably should go back to the older cardz they sent me and burn them, too. You know, just to be safe.
Upon closer inspection, the card/spying machine that I got from Pamzi was covered with these little silver spots. Now I know...
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #2288
Stazon Splitcoast

And welcome to the Divine Miss M aka Stamp Muse. So glad to have you join this little band of crazed punchiez.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #2289
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Welcome to the Divine Miss M!

This is what I do Ritzi when it snows a lot. First I keep $20 in my pocket, then when any kind of plow goes by I lean on my shovel like I am about to have a heart attack, usually they will stop and ask if I want them to plow, I say yes, then I throw the $20 in their window and run in the house!

Old 01-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #2290
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorina View Post

This is what I do Ritzi when it snows a lot. First I keep $20 in my pocket, then when any kind of plow goes by I lean on my shovel like I am about to have a heart attack, usually they will stop and ask if I want them to plow, I say yes, then I throw the $20 in their window and run in the house!
I'd freeze to death before a plow came by on our street so I'll just stay inside and keep the $20 until the snow melts and go buy a new punch.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #2291

Quote:
I'd freeze to death before a plow came by on our street so I'll just stay inside and keep the $20 until the snow melts and go buy a new punch.
Hahhaaaaa! LOL!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 AM   #2292
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

And I'd just be tossin' that $20 to my DH since he's da one who scoops off our road! Methinks I'll be keepin' my cash, thank youz!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:39 AM   #2293

I guess I'll be havin' to take down all thoze lovely Christmaz cardz I haz displayed on my sewin' table. If'n they'z got zpy cameraz and liztenin' devicez in dem, den dey can't be good for da health, can dey? I mean, all dem EMF'z and stuff....????
all I am is Yours.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 AM   #2294
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

And, I'd be taking off for the store for card making goodies and tell DH to have fun with the snow shovel. You know, we both deserve a little fun now and then. Just kidding.

Hey, I just heard our horoscopes have changed. I may not be a gemini now. How can I exist!!!!!!!!???????????
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 01-13-2011, 03:43 AM   #2295

Welcomez to da new Punchie! All I gotta ask iz whether you really thought it thru whether youz really want to be azzociated wid diz crazy group??? Or iz youz crazy enough to fit right in???? {gigglez!}

Zo, what be the name dat the divine miss M is gonna be goin' by here? Gotta be a "-zi" endin' to dat name, now....! Fruitflakezi???? Ya gotta name in your head yet? 'Course she may not take to dat one very good....
all I am is Yours.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:49 AM   #2296
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I put my Christmas cardz away, too (in the craft room now) and strange things are beginning to happen in there. You know, little beeps and odd noises. Kind of like the twilight zone in there.
Who knows what my cards will look like now, working under those kinds of erie surroundings?
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 01-13-2011, 03:52 AM   #2297
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I won't spill the beans...there has been talk of a name for Stamp Muse but I left it up Pamzi to give her a name. I tried to guide Pam so it won't be crazy like the one she tried to give me....and she occasionally still she uses those goofy names on me. I'm so glad I already had a name that ended with zi. No one is safe from Pamzi and her name machine.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 AM   #2298

Quote:
Hey, I just heard our horoscopes have changed. I may not be a gemini now. How can I exist!!!!!!!!???????????
What???
all I am is Yours.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #2299
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
What???
Yep, it's true, Qulitzi! I heard it on the news. I think just your name changes, not your horoscope. Ha Haven't read mine in years. Now I'm really shaken. LOL
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 AM   #2300
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey punchiez, I put a couple pictures of the snow we got on my blog. If you're interested, take a peek. No, you don't have to comment. It is a couple pictures of cardinals in the snow in my neighbor's back yard. I am pet sitting while she is on a cruise. What kind of deal is that? Anyway, she missed the snow and she really didn't want to. That is what happens when you cruise to warmer climates.
Benzi Stampz The pictures will be after my first card.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 01-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #2301
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Anyway, she missed the snow and she really didn't want to. That is what happens when you cruise to warmer climates.
Aaaahhhh.... All I can say is I wish it was me - on a cruise and missing the snow that is. Not wishing I hadn't missed the snow! My brother is leaving on his first ever cruise on Feb 5; dear friends leave on theirs on Feb 6th... We're all the way up to -21C this morning. A few days in the Caribbean sounds mighty fine right about now. I will admit that DH has booked another cruise - but we don't sail until late April and our snow SHOULD be gone by then... We often get a blast in May just to remind us of where we live but it's usually a one-day thing. As long as it happens while we're gone I'll be fine with that. Our youngest is going to join us - should be great fun.

And yes, it's my DH that shovels the snow around here too. So I suppose, IF I had $20 in my pocket I could toss it his way - but I'm with Benzi & Quiltzi. Keepin' it safely in my pocket...

I saw something about the zodiac changing. Sounds fishy to me - but that's because I'd still be a Pisces. I don't ever look at the horror-scopes anyway...

Hopezi that Pamzi is givin' zerious thought to the namezi for the newbie. Zhe haz come up with zome zcary ideaz in zee pazt.

BTW Benzi - saw your pics of the cardinals. I so wish we had cardinals here...

Have a great day. Wave at the cameraz in yer cardz and RYPH!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:35 AM   #2302
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorina View Post

We don't get the plows down our street too often so I'm with Izzy LOL!

Mind you there is a good story that goes with this. The Christmas of 2008 we got close to two feet of snow over two days. I haven't seen it snow that much in this area for years and as Murphy's Law would have it, everyone in the family was sick other than "moi" so I got the shoveling duties. That was a LOT of snow to move off the driveway and steps! Upside is I lost two pounds that week

The plows did come down our street a few times as we have a firehall up the street so they need to have access in and out if the main street is blocked. I had my driveway all nicely shoveled the first time round and the darn plow promptly placed a nice two foot wall at the end of my driveway --ugh! Back out to get rid of it so the cars could get out. More snow, and same song second verse occurred. Back out I go. Third day, the sun came out and it was a glorious day. Was out removing the snow from the night before and a lady from across the street and her son were digging her car out from not only the snow but the snow plow snow. You can probably guess what came next....yup, down the street comes the plow and that poor dear woman and son were probably ready to throw their bodies in front of the plow because, once it went by, they were window deep in snow on that one side again. I had to go inside quickly to LOL because the looks on their faces were priceless.

Needless to say, I'm glad our snow is usually gone in a day or so (snows and then gets warm and rains and it's gone) as it just about has here after the now we got Tuesday night.
My SCS Gallery
Old 01-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #2303
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I put my Christmas cardz away, too (in the craft room now) and strange things are beginning to happen in there. You know, little beeps and odd noises. Kind of like the twilight zone in there.
Who knows what my cards will look like now, working under those kinds of erie surroundings?
Beware, Benzi....it could be brainwashing!!! You may actually send Ms. Izzy those punches she has been eeeeeever so patiently waiting for -bbbbzzzzzittt, bbbbzzzziiiiittttt - think I hear something all the way out here from those cards of yours. Better run quick lest they get to me too!!
My SCS Gallery
Old 01-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #2304
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We're all the way up to -21C this morning.
I will admit that DH has booked another cruise - but we don't sail until late April and our snow SHOULD be gone by then... We often get a blast in May just to remind us of where we live but it's usually a one-day thing. As long as it happens while we're gone I'll be fine with that. Our youngest is going to join us - should be great fun.

Brrrrrr!!! That's why I'm happy to pay the taxes in BC!! Beware, the wet front is on it's way over them there mountains as we've got rain now.

So...another cruise...may have to change your name Izzy Departing from Vancouver by any chance....???!!! Assuming not as it's Alaska or down to CA from here, but just had to ask Still trying to lure you in early so we can hook up, and IF ond only IF Debzi is behaving she can join in too.
My SCS Gallery
Old 01-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #2305
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
Brrrrrr!!! That's why I'm happy to pay the taxes in BC!! Beware, the wet front is on it's way over them there mountains as we've got rain now.

So...another cruise...may have to change your name Izzy Departing from Vancouver by any chance....???!!! Assuming not as it's Alaska or down to CA from here, but just had to ask Still trying to lure you in early so we can hook up, and IF ond only IF Debzi is behaving she can join in too.
We are actually departing from Fort Lauderdale - but we'll be disembarking in Vancouver. DH hasn't booked our flights home yet... most times we've headed straight for the airport from the cruise terminal. The one exception to that was last year in Fort Lauderdale where we stayed a few extra days at the end of the cruise in an attempt to avoid a few more wintry days. Staying longer meant we missed even more of the Olympics but we did catch occasional highlights ~ and our girls bought us the Commemorative DVD once we got home. Funny that last year there wasn't enough snow and this year you're out there with your shovel...

And thanks for sending that wet front over the mountains. By the time it gets here, it usually means more snow...
Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #2306
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy and Ritzi sure have some wild snow tales. So funny about those snow plows, Ritzi...or maybe not so funny.
Izzy, my goodness, off of another cruise. You travel more than I do in my jet.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 01-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #2307
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
but we'll be disembarking in Vancouver. DH hasn't booked our flights home yet...
Eeeeeeek!!!!!! Okay, what do we have to do to convince your hubby that you need to "linger" in Vancouver for a day or two LOL! Would SO love to hook with you and give you a big hug in person Will have to scope out some places he can play tennis at perhaps?? Or find him a good sports bar so he can watch some games on a big screen or....fill his mailbox with cards form me....you know him best, help us out LOL! If worse comes to worse, I'll meet you at the airport for a visit - done that before and it works just great in a pinch
My SCS Gallery
Old 01-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #2308
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
Eeeeeeek!!!!!! Okay, what do we have to do to convince your hubby that you need to "linger" in Vancouver for a day or two LOL! Would SO love to hook with you and give you a big hug in person Will have to scope out some places he can play tennis at perhaps?? Or find him a good sports bar so he can watch some games on a big screen or....fill his mailbox with cards form me....you know him best, help us out LOL! If worse comes to worse, I'll meet you at the airport for a visit - done that before and it works just great in a pinch
I shall have to talk to him!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #2309
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Izzy and Ritzi sure have some wild snow tales. So funny about those snow plows, Ritzi...or maybe not so funny.
Yup. Ritzi's snow came over the mountains today. It is snowing AGAIN. But I am so thankful we aren't experiencing some of the horrible weather that's happening elsewhere in the world. Areas we visited in Australia on our honeymoon (1980) are underwater right now!
Quote:
Izzy, my goodness, off of another cruise. You travel more than I do in my jet.
Yup. DH can't help himself. My brother phoned right before Christmas asking questions about cruises as he was wanting to book one for himself. By the next day DH had booked one for us. Then, the following day, our youngest came home for the holidays, asked innocently if she could come, and Voila! She's booked. Oh to be the youngest... She finishes college the week we leave so it fits perfectly for her. I mumbled something about it being "too soon after the last holiday" but hubby says he wants to travel now while we're healthy and can do it. His parents waited too long and never got to travel anywhere. He vows not to let that happen to us. Works for me.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #2310
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sue, are you out there? Hope you're not still sick. I see you haven't uploaded a card in over a week.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #2311
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi my fella punchiez!!!! I haven't been aboard in so long.........It will take FOREVAH to catch up on all the latest gossip! BUT....I can say.......

Happy Butt Dance (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_).....It's FRIDAY!!!! BOW CHICA BOW WOW!!!!! It sure has been a looooonnnnnnngggggg week!

I'll catch up sooner or later my friends.....I've been a sickie...but now I'm better and I don't have laryngitis any more!! Can you hear me now????????? LOL
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #2312
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yep, Kookzi...you're coming in loud and clear. Glad you're better and that laryngitis has made an exit.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 01-15-2011, 03:40 AM   #2313
Full of Malarky

Quote:
I'm not suprised, Benzi!!!! Watch out!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Old 01-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #2314

Hey Punchkateers. Long time no punch. Well, I feel bad for all of you up to your you know whats with all that snow. We didn't get any of the snow but it has been really cold here. My hands are like to Popsicles at the end of two frozen sticks by the end of the day. We are just not equipped for the cold here in this tropical climate. Did you know you can't find hats, scarfs, and mittens in the stores here....no wonder just about everyone in my little town has pneumonia!!! My Mother said the blizzard in Connecticut was the worst she's seen in years. I remember the blizzard of 78 and had the same experience as Marissa with the plow.

Izzy good for you going on a cruise. We have the same philosophy about traveling. If we can afford it-we are going too! You never know about health issue when you get older. My Mom wanted to go to Hawaii and I was going to take her 3 years ago but her Doctor said no way-she was so disappointed over that.

Nice to be back crafting. I will be checking in here more. I gave up all my design team commitments except for one now.

Oh I got a penguin border punch at Micheal's Friday night for $2.39. I couldn't leave it there....I told myself that I would be looking for it around Christmas time this year and have buyers regret.....lol I also got some big bottles of funky orange,yellow, and red stickles for $2 that I know sooner or later I will put to use. Good thing I don't live in a two story house.....I don't have to worry about the weight of my punch collection come crashing down from the second floor....lol
Old 01-17-2011, 06:07 AM   #2315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Good thing I don't live in a two story house.....I don't have to worry about the weight of my punch collection come crashing down from the second floor....lol

ROFL!!!!
all I am is Yours.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #2316
Stazon Splitcoast

Quiltzi...I love your wittle giggling LOL fella!! So cute!

I have my first stamp club tonight.......I'm so excited!!!

Hugs to you all!!!!! RYPH!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #2317
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Quiltzi...I love your wittle giggling LOL fella!! So cute!
Isn't he the cutest little thing! Wonder if there's one doin' da butt dance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
I have my first stamp club tonight.......I'm so excited!!!

Hugs to you all!!!!! RYPH!
Good luck to you!! Hope you have a FANTASTIC evening. Let us know how much fun you have. Ya gonna do a "conga line butt dance" around da table to get y'all warmed up? Remember to show them how to exercise with their punchez too!! They'll be buying punchez just for the exercise factor only to discover how much fun it is to make cardz with them too! RYPH!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #2318

Will these do?

all I am is Yours.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #2319

Oh my gosh these guys make me want to do the Cupid Suffle......lol Every time I go on a cruise I do the Cupid Suffle till I drop. So much fun! Thanks for brightening my day.

Leslie how was your first stamp meet? Pray do tell....I would go to one if we had one here!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #2320
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, Quiltzi! Those will do quite nicely. I'll be honest though, I had to look at that dancer in the middle a couple of times before I realized he was blowing a horn and not sharing 'hot air'. Darn those progressive lenses! Sometimes I have to look at things a second time to be sure of what I see...

Koozki - how was the stamp night? Did ya do the "punchez-raised-high conga line"?

Bearzi - meant to share on here earlier that today (it's still Jan 18th as I type this - besides being my son's birthday) is National Winnie the Pooh day. (BTW, hope the new job is going well...)

Here's a few Pooh-isms for ya all to enjoy... They are deeper than you think... That Pooh, he's a deep thinkin' bear!

• "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday."
  • "A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise."
  • "If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart… I'll always be with you." (Christopher Robin talking to Pooh)
  • "I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."
  • "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."
  • "Some people care too much, I think it's called love."
  • "You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
  • "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "How about lunch?"
  • "When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish."
  • "Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it."
  • "If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
  • "When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out."

Night all. (BTW, we had a gorgeous day here today - it was MUCH warmer and it didn't snow at all!! And I got my Verve order today. The Customs agents mustn't have spent too much time playing with my stamps.)