Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 04:47 AM   #2161
Stazon Splitcoast

YOUTUBE????? ME???? Wouldn't that be a hoot!!! Wouldn't it be cool for someone to get a film of all of us Punchkateerz coming out of our fav craft store doing the Happy Butt Dance with our punches raised high and post it on YouTube????? I can see it now.........Crafters throughout the USA and Canada, doing the 'Happy Butt Dance' on film!!! We'd be celebrities and maybe even get on the Today show!!! Watcha think? LOL! Could we charge for the film and buy new punchez with the $$$?
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:05 AM   #2162
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, we're going to be famous...Today Show? I better stop eating all these Christmas goodies or I'll look BIG on tv. Can't wait for those $$$$ to start rolling in so we can buy all the new punchez our little heartz desire. What a day for a daydream...(put to music). Kookzi, you're KOOKZI. LOL
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2

Brenda
Old 12-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #2163
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You're right on target, Marisa! Getting hold of those little babes makes everything worthwhile. The two year old boys are so cute now with the funny things they say and do. Unfortunately, the youngest grandson will not have anything to do with me...except from a distance. He is the one that lives 9 hrs. away. Although, he does his other grandmother the same way and she lives close to him. He loves that granddad and his great-grandmother. Oh, those babes...who knows what makes them tick. LOL
Of course, I'll have the 5 month old girl to love on all the time.

Got to get busy...still have a little shopping to do and a little gift wrapping.
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #2164
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
You're right on target, Marisa! Getting hold of those little babes makes everything worthwhile. The two year old boys are so cute now with the funny things they say and do. Unfortunately, the youngest grandson will not have anything to do with me...except from a distance. He is the one that lives 9 hrs. away. Although, he does his other grandmother the same way and she lives close to him. He loves that granddad and his great-grandmother. Oh, those babes...who knows what makes them tick. LOL
Of course, I'll have the 5 month old girl to love on all the time.

Got to get busy...still have a little shopping to do and a little gift wrapping.
Enjoy, enjoy , enjoy The other one may come around once he's been around you for a while. My daughter was very shy (introvert big time) but once they were around for a while and she could check them out, she would warm up to them.

Lots of loving, snuggling and fun all round, and lots to treasure in your heart - enjoy
My SCS Gallery
Old 12-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #2165
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Just want to wish everyone a very blessed Christmas!

I finally got my cards out to all of you...you won't get them til the first of the week, but know that I have been sending Christmas wishes on to you all for the last two weeks!

We had our Christmas celebration with our kids and their families on Wednesday night. We have made the decision that we would do Christmas whenever we could all get together, no matter the date. We didn't want them to have to deal with the "our house, your house" argument every year. I made all the little girls some dresses with pants...lots of different fabrics and lots of ruffles, twirly skirts and all. Forgot to take pictures but here's an idea as to what they looked like:
Petalicious Apron Dress by NicoleAnnes on Etsy
It's A Hoot Tie Knot Jumper by NicoleAnnes on Etsy
Fancy Fuschia Knot Top / Ruffle Pants Set Size 1 by sarahroses3
Aulayna ruffle bottomsMomi boutique by momiboutique on Etsy
This project kept me VERY busy for quite a few days!

My DH has the next week off and so we may take off and go someplace for a while. I don't have ANY babysitting duties this next week...everybody is going to be out of town! Only thing is...I have to come up with some idea as to where to go to get away! Suggestions? Gotta be driving distance, though.

Hope everything gets back to "normal" after the New Year. I'm ready for it!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #2166
Full of Malarky

Okay don't go into shock - but here I am!! Merry Christmas to all!!! DS2 is off to Hong Kong over Christmas and New Years with his girlfriend of 2 1/2 years and her family. That will be different for us - but her parents are going too -and there is a family wedding! DS2 got an 80 % average in his Christmas finals at UBC! Very delighted for him!

Getting together at my sisters tonight, and DS1 will be joining us, as he did on Wednesday night, to give DS2 and his girlfriend an early Christmas!

Anyway - just doing last minute things - but Merry Christmas My Punchkateers!!!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Old 12-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #2167
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
Congratulations, Carol!! That is just the BEST news. All of your hard work and persistence has paid off, and you are going to ROCK this new job. The best of luck to you when you start on Thursday. Woo-hoo!! Doing the happy butt dance in your honor.

Ohh Carol I'm so happy to read this!!! They are so lucky to have you!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #2168
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
We had our Christmas celebration with our kids and their families on Wednesday night. We have made the decision that we would do Christmas whenever we could all get together, no matter the date. We didn't want them to have to deal with the "our house, your house" argument every year.
We have said the same thing to our kids. We had our big Christmas dinner last night, DD#1 wasn't back from Manitoba yet but she rolled in at 7:15 this morning and got us all up to open presents. We've had a wonderful day - DS and DIL have headed home so they can spend tomorrow with her family but we'll all be together at my parents' farm on Boxing Day (26th). Tonight we'll go to the Christmas Eve service with our girls and have a relaxing evening. We've had such a wonderful family day.

Merry Christmas to all of you. My cards are all made. Some are mailed. Some are not. Those that get mailed on the 27th when we get home will hopefully arrive at their destination in time for Ukrainian Christmas (Jan 6th). But you know I send each of you good wishes for the holidays and the coming year. I found myself running out of time since we only arrived home 2 1/2 weeks ago. Some things got done. Some didn't. But today was still pretty much perfect. And I didn't stress out over anything. Colour me happy.

PS - Debzi - SO good to see that you made it out of that dentist's chair! That's the last time we saw you here and we've missed you girl!

Hugz to all - and raise yer punches high!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #2169
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Diane, those dresses you showed us beyond adorable. I wish you had made pictures of the dresses you made. I know they are just beautiful. Another talented person who sews. I know Emzi does.

Wherever you go, have fun and relaxation.

Merry Christmas!!
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #2170
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

OMG, it's DEBZI! LOL I'm surprised anyone recognized you. So glad you stopped by. Have fun tonight celebrating with your family.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #2171
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Not to fret over those cards, Izzy. They will be just as special as ever when they arrive.
Merry Christmas!!
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #2172
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Merry Christmas to all the Punchkateers!
I have just a little time to send you all a message. I will be going to a church service tonight. None of my family is here until tomorrow night. Headed to my sister's tomorrow. Everyone stay safe and enjoy this wonderful time.
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-25-2010, 04:37 AM   #2173

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
Okay don't go into shock - but here I am!!

Merry Christmas, Debzi! You have been missed!

all I am is Yours.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:37 AM   #2174
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas all! Catch you in a couple of days. Hugz! RYPH!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #2175
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi Ladies. I was trying to catch up with you all. Oh, by the way, I love my new job. I did get sick though and have been MIA for the last few weeks. It seems I haven't been around people much and I caught a doozie of a cold about a week into my employment. That kept me down as I was so tired when I got home from work. My friend says it will take me a month to get used to being back to work and on a schedule. With all the festivities it has been hard to keep up ....lol After I get these Christmas decorations down, I will be back to making cards again. I got some new toys for Christmas. I have missed you all and caught up on my commenting today. Wishing you all a Happy Prosperous and Healthy New Year.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #2176
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh dear, in my last post on Christmas Eve night, I said I was headed to my sister's house the next day. If you look at my blog, you'll see why I didn't make it. Wow! Benzi Stampz

My boys and families did get home safe and sound. The one in Huntsville, two hrs. away had about 4 inches of snow and the youngest from Georgia drove from about halfway between Atlanta, GA and Birmingham,AL and on to my house in a big snow (about 4 hrs.) It snowed this morning but didn't stay with us long. That is a big deal for Alabama to have snow on Christmas.

So glad to see Bearzi feeling well enough to visit. No fun being sick but so glad you're liking your new job.

Catch ya soon, Izzy.
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #2177

Now, Benzi, ya knowz youz zuppozed to zend all that znow up here to uz'nz. We'z be a bit zhort on the white ztuff thiz year!
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #2178
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh dear, in my last post on Christmas Eve night, I said I was headed to my sister's house the next day. If you look at my blog, you'll see why I didn't make it. Wow! Benzi Stampz

My boys and families did get home safe and sound. The one in Huntsville, two hrs. away had about 4 inches of snow and the youngest from Georgia drove from about halfway between Atlanta, GA and Birmingham,AL and on to my house in a big snow (about 4 hrs.) It snowed this morning but didn't stay with us long. That is a big deal for Alabama to have snow on Christmas.

So glad to see Bearzi feeling well enough to visit. No fun being sick but so glad you're liking your new job.

Catch ya soon, Izzy.
Happy Post Christmas and Soon to Be New Year to All Zee Punchiez Out There in Punchie Land. Hope to be seeing some new punchez zhow up an zee cards henceforth.

Now, Benzi, didn't you pay your people to keep this snow at bay from you and your family? I'm beginning to think you are just as poor as the rest of us!!! LOL!!

We got 12" so far in Hampton, VA. Some tonight, but not much. It was a great day to just stay in and also play in the snow. Our son loved it.

Keep safe everybodiez and talkz with ya zooooon!!!!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #2179
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Hi Ladies. I was trying to catch up with you all. Oh, by the way, I love my new job. I did get sick though and have been MIA for the last few weeks. It seems I haven't been around people much and I caught a doozie of a cold about a week into my employment. That kept me down as I was so tired when I got home from work. My friend says it will take me a month to get used to being back to work and on a schedule. With all the festivities it has been hard to keep up ....lol After I get these Christmas decorations down, I will be back to making cards again. I got some new toys for Christmas. I have missed you all and caught up on my commenting today. Wishing you all a Happy Prosperous and Healthy New Year.
Gosh, Bearzi, what a strange turn of events. You get your new job, then you get sick. Maybe it was your punchez way of getting back at you for abandoning them. I'm sure they are missing your time and attention. But, not to worry, they are usually good sports and will wait their time in your craft room until you return. They know if you don't work they may get shipped to someone else or sold on E-Bay. So, I'm sure they will accept this soon. In the meantime, stay healthy, pay attention to your punchez when you can and have a wonderful New Year!!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #2180
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow! Pamzi, 12" is a LOT! Send some of that to Quiltz. She said they are running short this season.
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #2181

Yep, short...really short. Think we got about 2 inches one time. We're having to water to keep stuff alive.

Last winter we started getting snow in early october...and it didn't go away till spring. Now that's a bit much, but I sure would like to see about 12 inches here!
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #2182
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok my Canada and Aussie friend.......what does Boxing Day stand for??? What is the reason to celebrate Boxing day? Us USA friends wanna know!!!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #2183
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quiltzi, I made your Pineapple Nut Cookies yesterday. Yum! You are right..they are very soft and chewy. Thanks for the recipe. I wanted to make them before Christmas but could never find the time.
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #2184
Stazon Splitcoast

Still snow covered and not able to drive, but having fun. I usually use the keyword PNZ when I upload my RAKS, but was thinking about not doing it this time as some of us may have a lot of them and it is time consuming to comment on. If anyone would like to, please go ahead. I'll probably just upload to my RAK album. I just didn't want anyone who sent me a holiday card to feel badly that I didn't use the PNZ keyword. You knowz I luvz yaz allz!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #2185

In the olden days (in England the olden days are older than the olden days in America) all the servants had to serve their masters on Christmas day. They didn't get any special treatment for the holiday. In return, the servants got their day off on the day after Christmas. That was also the day that they received their "box" from the master...any gift the master may give them.

Hence..."Boxing Day".
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #2186

Quote:
Quiltzi, I made your Pineapple Nut Cookies yesterday. Yum! You are right..they are very soft and chewy. Thanks for the recipe. I wanted to make them before Christmas but could never find the time.
Glad you enjoyed them!
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:13 PM   #2187
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Still snow covered and not able to drive, but having fun. I usually use the keyword PNZ when I upload my RAKS, but was thinking about not doing it this time as some of us may have a lot of them and it is time consuming to comment on. If anyone would like to, please go ahead. I'll probably just upload to my RAK album. I just didn't want anyone who sent me a holiday card to feel badly that I didn't use the PNZ keyword. You knowz I luvz yaz allz!
I'm with you, Pamzi...think I'll do the same and if anyone wants to look at the awesome cards I got, just go to my CRAK album. I am having a time just getting the photos made. I think I'll try to make some pics today. I'll probably just get a few at a time uploaded. We have gotten to be a big
group and I also have DT cards to do.
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #2188
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm with you, Pamzi...think I'll do the same and if anyone wants to look at the awesome cards I got, just go to my CRAK album. I am having a time just getting the photos made. I think I'll try to make some pics today. I'll probably just get a few at a time uploaded. We have gotten to be a big
group and I also have DT cards to do.
I WILL TAKE THEM OUT AND DO THE SAME. I JUST THOUGHT THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WOULD DO SO I AM GOING BACK AND WILL REMOVE THEM.
I SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH MY FIRST INSTINCTS...SORRY LADIES. HUGS TO ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. I AM GLAD TO SEE THE HOLIDAYS OVER AND MOVE ON TO THE NEW YEAR AND LETS HOPE ITS A GOOD ONE.
PS. ANY NEW PUNCHEZ LADIEZ-NONE FOR ME AND WAS HOPING FOR THE BIG SNOWFLAKE ONE AND A NEW SEWING MACHINE. MAYBE FOR MY BIRTHDAY.
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 12-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #2189
Stazon Splitcoast

I MADE THIS TODAY WITH MY NEW STAMP SET FROM RACHELLE FOR XMAS.
PAPERTREY ON ICE! by coffeestamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 12-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #2190
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeestamper View Post
I WILL TAKE THEM OUT AND DO THE SAME. I JUST THOUGHT THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WOULD DO SO I AM GOING BACK AND WILL REMOVE THEM.
I SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH MY FIRST INSTINCTS...SORRY LADIES. HUGS TO ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. I AM GLAD TO SEE THE HOLIDAYS OVER AND MOVE ON TO THE NEW YEAR AND LETS HOPE ITS A GOOD ONE.
PS. ANY NEW PUNCHEZ LADIEZ-NONE FOR ME AND WAS HOPING FOR THE BIG SNOWFLAKE ONE AND A NEW SEWING MACHINE. MAYBE FOR MY BIRTHDAY.
That is fine, Sue. You don't have to take them out until you're ready. And, some of yours aren't punchiez cards. I think it will be easier on everyone this year, though. But, it is up to each person what they want to do. I have always done what you did but think I will try a new way this year...just easier, I'm thinking.
As for the punchiez, I got a zig zag chain punch I wanted from my son and DIL and they gave me a Cuttlebug embossing folder plus that I am very anxious to use. Sorry Santa didn't give you the big snowflake punch and sewing machine. Maybe soon.
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #2191
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
PAPERTREY ON ICE! by coffeestamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Sue, that is one beautiful card. You have a wonderful BFF.
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #2192
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That was an awesome card Perkzi. I commented on your gallery.
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #2193
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hope you have a wonderful New Year too Perkzi. I went to your CRAK site for the Punchiez cardz to comment. You received some wonderful lovin' from our punchiez and other SCS's. We all luvz yaz.
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #2194
Full of Malarky

I have new punches ladies! Just have to get them into action! Actually, I made the CUTEST baby card , using the SU! curly label punch, but I did not want to load it up, because I saw it in the gallery and copied it! Mind you, even with my 9999IQ, it took me a bit to figure out just how to create it. It's on my facebook page. Maybe later I will try to attach it here so you can see it!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #2195
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post

Merry Christmas, Debzi! You have been missed!

Thanks Dianne!! I am sneaking peeks in here every now and then!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #2196
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
Thanks Dianne!! I am sneaking peeks in here every now and then!
Sneaking peeks in.....I know you are watching constantly waiting for us to slip up and say something 'not so cool' about you and that IQ.

Hair scrunchie indeed! Girlz, Debz accused me on my 'I Heart You...Forever' card of using a hair scrunchie instead of scrunching my own ribbon. Of course, that isn't half of what I was accused of...hope Pamzi doesn't see it. Shhh!
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #2197
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hello Ladiez! I hope everyone had a happy holiday. I wanted to thank all of you for the fabulous cards and birthday wishes. I can't believe I am double nickles (55), how did that happen. I am done with the Dirty Dozen, that was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. It took up so much time and it was so stressful. Now I am able to get back in the swing of things and just make cards for fun, and get back to being a punchkateer! Yippie!

Old 12-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #2198

Glad you're back to normalcy, Clazi!

And hope you had a wonderful birthday. 55, huh? It sneaks up on you...and 60 is sneaking up on me. Gosh, that sounds old!
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #2199
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Welcome back, Cathleen/Clazi! I'm sure that was a hard job. Ooh, those birthdays have a way of sneaking up on us. Yikes! Have a Happy New Year!!
2014 CAS Spring DT

Brenda
Old 12-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #2200
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorina View Post
Hello Ladiez! I hope everyone had a happy holiday. I wanted to thank all of you for the fabulous cards and birthday wishes. I can't believe I am double nickles (55), how did that happen. I am done with the Dirty Dozen, that was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. It took up so much time and it was so stressful. Now I am able to get back in the swing of things and just make cards for fun, and get back to being a punchkateer! Yippie!
WELCOME BACK CLAZI - OUR OFFICIAL DIRTY DOZEN PUNCH PAL GIRL!! Missed you so much and I bet that was a lot of work, but you so deserved it and you will live in Dirty Girl Land 4-ever now!! Can't wait to see you get back into the swing of regular folk here!! LOL!! Happy Belated Birthday and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year while I'm at it!!
FS149, QFTD44