Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 03:51 AM   #2081
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quiltzi, thanks so much. This cookie recipe sounds awesome and I can hardly wait to make some.

Izzy, you may be stuck in Arizona for the whole winter...what a shame. ROFL No Fiddly cookies for you. I'm loving
this idea Kookzi came up with..sharing recipes or just fun to see what others make for the holidays.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-24-2010, 04:57 AM   #2082
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning my friendziez!!! Last night my laptop went kaputz..........so took it to a friend who made it work again!!!! YAY!!!....BUT, it took all evening, just about! So I didn't get any recipes posted. I will do my upmost best to do some when I get home from work today....should be a short day. I'm definitely adding to my baking list with some of your recipes!!! Thanks so much!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:58 AM   #2083
Stazon Splitcoast

MamaIzzy.....maybe DD's would send some Fiddly Cookies to you....may get there faster than it will take for you to get home!!!!! THEN, you could send some to me!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:46 AM   #2084
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
And Quiltzi, those pineapple cookies sound yummy!
Yep, they sure are yummy!

Talk about "fiddly" cookies...my fave santas are definitely in that category. Special cookie cutter. Egg yolk paint on the face. Red frosting on the hat. White frosting and coconut on the beard, mustache, and eyebrows. White frosting on the hat band, and pom pom. Raisins for the eyes. We only ever made one for each person and used the rest of the dough for "regular" sugar cookies!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #2085
Stazon Splitcoast

Had to pop in here to say hi and get away from mass production of cards for a few minutes!! I think I need a margarita LOL!

Just two more days until the craft fair and hoping all this hard work pays off!! My DD has been such a wonderful help packaging cards for me and adding half pearls. Upside is what doesn't sell I can dump into the stores and will give me a bit of a stock!

Don't know if you ladies have heard but we got 5" of snow last Friday! The West Coast and snow don't usually do too well together LOL! Not an issue for me as I drove to Whistler to ski for over 20 years but SO many of the people around here don't have a clue how to drive in the stuff that it is scary!! Tailgating in the snow is NOT a good thing - I've been rearended by someone doing that, or the yahoos who think they can drive at full tilt because they have an SUV or a big Ford truck. From what they say we are in for a bad winter so we'll just have to wait and see. In the mean time it is cooooold here -15 with windchill and that is a damp cold that goes right to your bones.

Izzy, I think I"m coming down your way as 27C is much better than -15C. Actually good thing you aren't at home right now as I heard Edmonton was -41C with windchill yesterday! Bask in that sunshine for me, okay!!

Gotta go, my break is over LOL! Hugs to all and I'll be back some time next week after I have recovered from the many late nights these past few weeks
My SCS Gallery
Old 11-25-2010, 04:05 AM   #2086
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Thanksgiving my PUnchkateerz friendz!!!!!! Enjoy your day and don't eat too much turkey!!! Well, go ahead.........its the other stuff that will fil you up!!!!! I made apple crisp this am......smells so good!!!! YUMMY!!!! Love you all and thanks so much for allowing me to be a Punchkateer!!!!! RYPH!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:17 AM   #2087
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes indeedy - a very Happy Thanksgiving to all! We are set to celebrate our third Thanksgiving dinner of the 'season' - and that's a good thing because we have sooooo much to be thankful for. We had our two Canadian celebrations in October (we called the second one our "Still Thankful" dinner) and now we get to enjoy another turkey dinner with trimmings south of the border.

Our days in the warm sunshine are numbered but we've had a great time. It is considerably cooler at the moment but there's no snow in sight so it's all good. I went on a 5 mile hike with friends yesterday. Feeling a couple of muscles in my calves today but it was so worth it.

Enjoy your day my fellow Punchiez!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #2088
Die Cut Diva

I haven't been on here in *quite* some time, but I wanted to wish you American Punchiez a very Happy Thanksgiving! And for my Canadian friends, I wish you a blessed day full of goodness!

(I'll try to get back here soon and read up on what I've missed.)

Hugz,
Colleen aka Blondzi
Old 11-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #2089
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, it has been pretty quiet around here over the last few days, so I assume that everyone has been enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday with family - or out braving the crowds shopping. Or baking, or making cards, or decorating... Whatever it is that is keeping you busy, I hope you're all well.

We are now keeping a close watch on the weather forecasts and road conditions to the north. Travel does not look like much fun in most of Utah, Idaho, Montana and southern Alberta. Exactly our route home. There's a bit of a clear patch in the forecast a few days from now, so we hope that trend continues and makes for an uneventful trip back to the land of ice and snow. We'll probably load up the car and hit the road Friday... But I'll get to see my family. The Saturday after we hope to get home will be our family's annual "Lefse Making Day". Always lots of fun.

Yesterday's forecast for where we are staying in Arizona was "Abundant Sunshine". Is that not the best ever kind of forecast? Today, the sunshine is a little less abundant - it even rained - but it is still a far cry from snow, ice and blizzards. Our 'test run' as "Snowbirds" has helped us figure out why people do this for the entire winter, and not just November.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #2090
Stazon Splitcoast

MamaIzzy.....how long does it take you to get home from AZ??? Lots of beautiful country to go through to get home! PA is always an option........just saying! Keep us posted for when you leave, k?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:13 AM   #2091
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
MamaIzzy.....how long does it take you to get home from AZ??? Lots of beautiful country to go through to get home! PA is always an option........just saying! Keep us posted for when you leave, k?
We took 3 nights in hotels to get down here. The last day was pretty a pretty short driving day though as we toured around the Sedona area for most of the morning. There is indeed some exceedingly beautiful country to go through between here and our home. But it's those stunningly gorgeous mountain passes that provide some of the worst type of driving if a blizzard blows through. And boy oh boy, have they been blowing through! We will either hit the road Thursday or Friday the way the weather forecasts look as of now.... I'll keep you posted. I'll have to see if PA can be 'on the way' home if the weather deteriorates...
Old 11-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #2092
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladiez, I wanted to wish you all a happy thanksgiving! It has been crazy here between my computer going, camera not working and tire being flat on thanksgiving morning. They say things happen in threes and I hope thats it for me. I am hoping to make a card and upload to sc soon. hugz
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 11-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #2093
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sue, I sure hope things are getting better for you. Wow! Not much good happening for you with all that news.

Izzy, hope you have a safe trip home. Sounds as if you have really been enjoying yourself.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #2094

Hey, has everyone noticed that Blondzi is in the finals for the CAS DT for this next season??? She sure has made some gorgeous cards!
all I am is Yours.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #2095
Stazon Splitcoast

Go Blondzi go!!! That's the way to do it my Birthday Buddy! I shall go pop by the gallery.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:54 AM   #2096
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, I noticed that about Blondzi...she is on fire with those beautiful cards.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 12-01-2010, 03:23 AM   #2097
Stazon Splitcoast

Ba-Ba-Ba-Benzi......R U safe and sound??? I am hearing of tornados in Alabama.....of course when I hear Alabama....I think of U!!!!! Please let me know U R ok....k? I sent prayers up 4 U!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #2098
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, you are too sweet, Kookzi! I am safe and sound. Actually, all we had where I live was wind and tons of rain. We can always count on tornadoes in April and November...ugh! They are really scary.

But, here I am just on the puter commenting away on cards. That is usually how I start my day. I have to get in the craft room in a bit and make a Stampin B card for next week. I am going out of town this weekend and need to get that done before I go. Then, the next weekend, out of town for a wedding. I am never home on the weekends, it seems. I need to settle down for a bit. I stay behind in my craft making.

Hope everyone has a great day....get those Christmas cards made!!!!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 12-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #2099
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh good......thanks 4 letting me know, Benzi!!! U R 1 busy lady!

This weekend, our town has the Christmas parade....my Ryan will be the character "Elf" from Will Farrell's movie. He will B riding in the back of a convertible. Ryan has eye surgery on Friday, but he should B ok 2 ride....it is minor surgery....just a "tweak" as the physician puts it! Also on Saturday, I will B baking Christmas cookies with my new DIL. Oh......I want 2 post some recipes.....I'll get on that!

Then, next weekend, I am making MORE Christmas cookies with my step-daughter and on Sunday, 12/12, I am having my FIRST Stampin Up Open House as I just became a demo!!! Whoooohoooooo!!! It's from 2-4 pm, if NE of U would like 2 pop in!

December is always so busy!!!! Hugz 2 all of my fella Punchkateerz!!!! RYPH!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #2100
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kookizi, so glad your son's eye surgery is just a tweak. Eyes are serious business. The parade will be fun and probably a bit chilly in the back of that convertible...but fun, just the same.

Kookzi, did you see the pineapple nut cookie recipe from Quiltzi? Yum, I am very anxious to make those.

Did you all you other girls get the recipe message? If you would like to share a recipe or HAVE TIME, that would be awesome. Kookzi started a thread last week about this. Or, just chit chat about your favorite recipes for the holidays. I know......all of us are so busy. If you don't have time, that is cool.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 12-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #2101
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Benzi! Tornados scare me. Don't even like high winds. Glad you're all snug and safe.

Kookzi - hope Ryan's eye surgery is quick and without any issues at all. Tell him to have fun riding in the convertible in the parade. There is a local Christmas parade around here on Saturday but we'll be a state away by then. And if PA waz on the way home, I'd drop on over for your open house. Fer sure. And I'd eat some of yer baking too.

The weather here today has warmed up to more normal temps again. Just "plenty of sunshine" instead of "abundant sunshine" but we're happy to enjoy it. One more day here - and I'll be spending a chunk of it doing laundry, vacuuming, dusting the place we're in and then, looking very sad indeed, I'll be packing the suitcases. (And carefully, oh so carefully, packing the sweet new punchez and nestiez and paperz and stampz that I bought while I was down here. Giggle. And yes, I stayed within my limit for Customs.)

But you can bet I'll be outside for as much the day as possible. DH has managed to book a final tennis match at noon and we're meeting friends for supper.

Snow in the forecast for Friday through most of Utah made us decide to wait until Friday to leave here. But we're spending our first night in Kanab, which is where SU produces their stamps. Think I could pop in for a tour of the plant?
Old 12-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #2102
Stazon Splitcoast

Say, iz Debzi still stuck in that dentist's chair?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #2103

Safe drive, Izzy...

That Debzi...she muzt be avoiding uz. I'z zeen her around here in other placez...

I had a GREAT day today! Guess why! Cuz I waz down to about 5 sheetz of my 110 pound bright white cover stock. And that paper waz dizcontinued by the maker. Hmph! Lotta nerve he had! But I inveztigated and found that a good replacement would be Neenah Classic Crest Solar White in 110 pound and in 80 pound. But 'tother day I went to call the local paper store...and what do you think I got? Dizconected recordin'!!! The nerve o' them! Well, today I went to my friendly local coffee roaster friendz juzt down the street and decided to drop by the paper store cuz the zign waz still on the buildin'. And guezz what! Theyz still there...just haz a 800 number thru their Denver ztore now. Whew!!! And they had the Solar white IN STOCK! Woo Hoo!!!!!! I'z be back in bidnezz! I sure waz missin' my BRIGHT white paper! I were hoardin' those lazt few sheetz! And Solar white iz even brighter than the one I waz usin' before...97 instead of 96. (I know, big diff, you say, but next to 97, my 92 looks dingy!)

Only prollem...Solar white is pricey. A BIG package (over 4 inches thick) of 250 sheets is over 27 bucks! and the 80 pound is over 20 bucks. It's not so bad if you look at it by the sheet...the heavier iz juzt 11 meazly centz per sheet and the lighter is juzt over 8 centz a sheet.

BTW, With the 80 pound paper, I'll uze that for layering and the 110 pound for card basez.
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #2104
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Safe drive, Izzy...
Thanks!!! Appreciate the good wishes. I just wishez we wuz headin' south towardz the sweet and abundant sunshine instead of north towardz the snow and ice. Yessirree. But, my sweet family are all in the north, and it will be so good to get some of those hugz from my kidz. I love it that I still get great hugz from my adult kidz. Taught 'em well.

And Quiltzi, I know that wonderful feeling of happening upon something you've looked for and finallly found it! We'll put on our shadez when you post your bright, bright Solar cardz!

I had that fun feeling on Monday when I wandered into a certain craft store one last time before we hit the trail - and the nesties were all 50% off. Didn't even need to do the coupon dance. So I bought a couple or three sets that I've wanted for ages. Yippie skippie! They'll look mighty nice wrapped in Christmas paper under the Christmas tree.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:59 AM   #2105

Yeah, I found that kind of deal online the other day...Nesties for 13.26 each...only 47% off, but good enough! I picked up three "small" sizes that HL doesn't carry. I figure I can get the "large" ones with a coupon.

Don'tcha just love a good deal??
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #2106
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks!!! Appreciate the good wishes. I just wishez we wuz headin' south towardz the sweet and abundant sunshine instead of north towardz the snow and ice. Yessirree. But, my sweet family are all in the north, and it will be so good to get some of those hugz from my kidz. I love it that I still get great hugz from my adult kidz. Taught 'em well.

And Quiltzi, I know that wonderful feeling of happening upon something you've looked for and finallly found it! We'll put on our shadez when you post your bright, bright Solar cardz!

I had that fun feeling on Monday when I wandered into a certain craft store one last time before we hit the trail - and the nesties were all 50% off. Didn't even need to do the coupon dance. So I bought a couple or three sets that I've wanted for ages. Yippie skippie! They'll look mighty nice wrapped in Christmas paper under the Christmas tree.
Way to shop, Izzy!! Gotta love deals on nesties and gotta love "weighted" gifts your family gets to give you and not have to shop for LOL! We are going to have to revamp the butt dance big time, with coupons, nesties, punches, cacti from AZ, a little wind from AL...the possibilities are endless Have a safe trip home and hopefully the temps won't be too cold upon your arrival. We've warmed up here on the coast so thinking you may be too.
My SCS Gallery
Old 12-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #2107
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Diz, 50% off. My goodness you will be the nestie queen. Should we now venture into the Nestie-Kateerz???? Poor Bugzi, she'd never be able to keep up with all this as secretary and we don't want her to quit, so just 1 group okay?

Can't wait till you get home with all your goodies Dizzi!! RYPHTSTTM!!!

Hugz
pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #2108
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Safe drive, Izzy...

That Debzi...she muzt be avoiding uz. I'z zeen her around here in other placez...

I had a GREAT day today! Guess why! Cuz I waz down to about 5 sheetz of my 110 pound bright white cover stock. And that paper waz dizcontinued by the maker. Hmph! Lotta nerve he had! But I inveztigated and found that a good replacement would be Neenah Classic Crest Solar White in 110 pound and in 80 pound. But 'tother day I went to call the local paper store...and what do you think I got? Dizconected recordin'!!! The nerve o' them! Well, today I went to my friendly local coffee roaster friendz juzt down the street and decided to drop by the paper store cuz the zign waz still on the buildin'. And guezz what! Theyz still there...just haz a 800 number thru their Denver ztore now. Whew!!! And they had the Solar white IN STOCK! Woo Hoo!!!!!! I'z be back in bidnezz! I sure waz missin' my BRIGHT white paper! I were hoardin' those lazt few sheetz! And Solar white iz even brighter than the one I waz usin' before...97 instead of 96. (I know, big diff, you say, but next to 97, my 92 looks dingy!)

Only prollem...Solar white is pricey. A BIG package (over 4 inches thick) of 250 sheets is over 27 bucks! and the 80 pound is over 20 bucks. It's not so bad if you look at it by the sheet...the heavier iz juzt 11 meazly centz per sheet and the lighter is juzt over 8 centz a sheet.

BTW, With the 80 pound paper, I'll uze that for layering and the 110 pound for card basez.
Woo Hoo Quiltzi and you win the "z" award for this!! We're outta practice on the "z'z". Muzt try harderz!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #2109
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey, has everyone noticed that Blondzi is in the finals for the CAS DT for this next season??? She sure has made some gorgeous cards!
Congrats Blondzi Wondzi. Hope you make it. Your cards sure are beautiful!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #2110
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Pineapple nut cookies

Drain 1 8.5 ounce can of crushed pineapple.
Cream:
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
Mix until light and fluffy
Add:
1 well-beaten egg
Mix thoroughly
Stir in:
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Mix thoroughly
Stir in:
Drained pineapple (from above)
1/3 cup candied pineapple
1/3 cup candied cherries
1/3 cup white (golden) raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I never add nuts)
1/2 tsp vanilla
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

Love these cookies. I guess you should properly call them "soft" rather than "chewy" but they're mighty tasty! They are more chewy than soft and more soft than chewy.
Yummy, I have to try these!! Thanks Quiltz! I only make Fruitcake - LOL! NOT!
pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #2111
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Good post, Lesley. Lets's get this going and maybe get a few new recipes from everyone. Here are my old stand-by recipes I love every year.

These are mostly sweets as I have a sweet tooth.

Orange Slice Cookies (love them and last year was the first year I made them)
Chocolate Coconut Balls...some people call them Buckeyes (Guess that is just people from Ohio)
Pecan Pralines (don't enjoy making them but love to eat them)
Sausage Balls (not sweet but I LOVE them)
Two minute fudge (yum yum...with peanut butter

I saw a recipe yesterday in a magazine from my city called Honey Sweet Potato Cookies. I really want to try that. Sounds great.

O.K., girls...share! If anyone wants a recipe, shout out.
Am I just a Fruitcake as I don't see the recipes that go with these delicious treats Benzi. Your little people didn't have time to type them up. Am I missing somethin' here aside from my sanity???
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #2112
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Fellow Punchkateerz: My DH is coming home this Saturday evening. I pick him up at the airport at 9:30 p.m, so don't any of you be callin' on me. I'll be with me real cowboy. He's been gone since May. Also, my son is doing SO MUCH better. I can't believe it. I'll enjoy it while it lasts as things go up, down and all around with him, but I've never seen him so sick physically and mentally. Hope I get time to finish my holiday cards and mail them as I may be preoccupied with zee DH!!! LOL!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 12-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #2113
Stazon Splitcoast

Pamzi!!! Yeehaw! Zee sailor-cowboy is coming home!!! You must be so happy & excited! No more paper cowboys for you! And so glad to hear that things are good right now with your son. Always a concern. Hugz to you!

And, btw, I love nesties, but my punchez will always take first place in my heart.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #2114
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Hey Fellow Punchkateerz: My DH is coming home this Saturday evening. I pick him up at the airport at 9:30 p.m, so don't any of you be callin' on me. I'll be with me real cowboy. He's been gone since May. Also, my son is doing SO MUCH better. I can't believe it. I'll enjoy it while it lasts as things go up, down and all around with him, but I've never seen him so sick physically and mentally. Hope I get time to finish my holiday cards and mail them as I may be preoccupied with zee DH!!! LOL!
Woooohooooooo....the cowboy will be back in town!!!!! Oh Pamzi, my sweet Fruitcakes.....I'm so very happy for you!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #2115
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Doing a happy dance for you!!! Nothing better than a real live cowboy who can coral you and show you what cowboys are made of It will be so nice to have someone to help you with your son and perhaps his being away is a part of his recent issues. Don't answer the phone or the door, just enjoy having him home for the next few days (((hugs))).
My SCS Gallery
Old 12-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #2116
Stazon Splitcoast

Home again, home again, jiggety-jig.

We were blessed with great driving conditions all the way home. We left Arizona on Friday morning; spent Friday night in Kanab, Utah; Sat in Idaho Falls and last night in Lethbridge, AB. Had a great time in Arizona and now I am looking at a VERY busy couple of weeks in order to be ready for Christmas. YIKES! It's a bit of a shock to the system to come home to winter though!!! Brrrrr! I now understand how and why people become 'snowbirds' though! Never understood it before. Now I get it. Totally get it.

So, how are all the Punchiez doing with their Christmas preps? All done your shopping? Baking? Wrapping? Decorating? Cards?

And Pamzi, did your Sailor turned Cowboy make it home safely???

Hugz to all of you!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:27 AM   #2117
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy is home...Pamzi has her REAL cowboy by her side, all is well with the world. O.K., Izzy, we are ready to see some punchiez cardz with all the good 'stuff' you bought while you were away.

I arrived home last night...not a really good trip for me to see my son and family as I had a kidney infection...9 hr. drive and a lot of misery. I didn't do a lot of shopping there. Did stop in B'ham on the way home and got a pretty punch called holly and birds. Anxious to use it.

No baking for me yet, Izzy, but most decorating in finished. Got a few more cards to make and get out the door. Then, I have to mail cards to people other than punchiez and SCS'ers. I don't make all my cards so that helps.

Toodles.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 12-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #2118

For me, some of my GK's are coming over to make cookies and tie wreaths on Sat. Some others are coming over later to help with the tree. Next week we are having a cookie day at my DIL's house and all the family will be there.

I still have to make cards! Better get busy!
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:25 AM   #2119
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey everybody!! So good to see everyone!!

So glad that your hubby is home, Pamzi!!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also thrilled to hear that you made it home with no weather troubles, Izzy. What a worry to travel when there could be blizzards about. Good luck with all of your Christmas preps now!!

We are in good shape here getting ready for Christmas. I'm really trying to enjoy our preparations this year and not let myself get stressed. So far, so good. We'll see how I'm feeling about that in a few days!! We are trying so hard to keep up with our Advent devotions around our Advent wreath. We got a little behind, but we're hoping to catch up tonight with 3-days-worth after supper (it should be a less busy night than last few). My family always did Advent devotions when I was growing up and I love it. My kids do, too. I always feel bad when we miss a day (or two), but my hubby is encouraging me to be realistic. What good advice! (Must be why I married this sweet guy . . . )

My hubby and I started our Christmas baking Sunday afternoon. We got through 3 batches of goodies (Holiday chocolate chip cookies, satin-glazed date drops, and peanut butter Buckeyes). A great start!! This weekend the whole family will tackle our favoritest--cut-out sugar cookies, with all frosting and lots of sprinkles. Fun!!

In the meantime I am trying to stay on top of my obligations for the MFP blog hop this week, manage 3 early release days for my son for P/T conferences, and keep making progress on two freelance projects that will be wrapping up soon (deadlines next week and the first week of January). I get nervous having deadlines so close to the holidays. What takes precedence??

Good luck with all for your preparations, Punchiez!!!! I'll drop by again soon!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #2120
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I am just bustin' at the seams ladies.....I got hired today!!!! I start my new job Thursday.....I am just besides myself!!!! Oh my gosh it would have been two years Jan 22 that I was laid off. I am so thrilled. I am going to be an administrative assistant for a small company that rents equipment to construction firms and the Navy Base here in town. I will be doing Accounts Payable, converting to doing the Payroll for the employees, and doing contracts for the base. I am so excited. December is a month that is incredibly difficult to find a job, but I have been pursuing this for 5 weeks. Finally employed again!!! It feels so good! Just had to tell you all.