Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 03:42 AM   #2041
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy, I am so confused now about the status of this bunch....cowboy hatz, fruitflakezzzzz, leashezzzzzzzzz, pizza hoarders, belly laugherz.

Oh, so the stores have too much merchandizzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeee so the Izzy has to relieve them of some of it.? Girl, you are having way too much funz. Do you want my Christmas list???
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:59 AM   #2042
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know....MamaIzzy iz doing an awful lot of zhopping theze dayz......u think zhe will zhare with uz come Chriztmaz time???.....Hey, maybe they are OUR Chriztmaz prezentz.......whatcha think, Benzi???? Awwww....zhe bought uz punchez!!!!!!! Heehee!

O Benzi......these pizza bagels are sooooooo delish!!! Too bad you couldn't join Emzi and me......... Nah-ner, nah-ner, nah-ner!!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #2043
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Laugh on, Kookzi! I'll put word in from the Prez for Izzy to share no punchez with YOU.

Hey, guess what? I am so excited. I have been cleaning my craft room and it took all morning. It's finished!!! Wow, now I want to make a card. But, I can't...have a lot more to do. I have been decorating for Christmas. Got 2 trees up...may have already shared that. I have to get all this finished before I jet off to Old Paree. ( a forced trip caused by Emzi). And, you, Kookzi...not sharing pizza bagels and then flaunting it. What friendz~~
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #2044
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so glad you could join us for lunch today, Kookzi!! Doesn't Joanna make a mean pizza bagel? She's having such fun with that and was thrilled to have an extra "customer" today! You may come back any time! Benzi is on probation. Maybe if her attitude improves, we'll give her a trial run. Now Izzy is making "hic, hic" comments when she comments on my cards. So, NO PIZZA BAGELS for her!!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #2045
Stazon Splitcoast

Good thing DH has steak out for supper since I'm not on the list for pizza bagels with da Emzi. Hey, Benz, jet on over for lunch on your way to Paree. We can do bagels and yummy fruit smoothies. You can hand deliver that package of punchez you've been going to send me ever since you insisted that you be one of da Punchiez. I'll even let you hang onto any duplicates of the ones I may have purchased over the last few dayz. You can send the extraz to da Fruitflakezi. My, what a selection of punchez my "pal" Jo-Ann had at her place when I stopped by. So many punchez, so hard to decide!

BTW, we've heard it's snowing back home. Giggle. Maybe we'll be "snowed-out" instead of "snowed-in" when it comes time to head home!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:31 AM   #2046
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning everyone,
I justed wanted to let you know that my sons best friend father fell 100ft off a cliff to his death and the wake is today. He was a very close friend to our family. He lives behind four children 2 boys and 2 girls. He was the nicest, sweetest man you could even imagine. My heart is in soo much pain and I find it hard to concentrate. Just thought I would let you know. Hugs
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 11-18-2010, 04:43 AM   #2047
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeestamper View Post
Good Morning everyone,
I justed wanted to let you know that my sons best friend father fell 100ft off a cliff to his death and the wake is today. He was a very close friend to our family. He lives behind four children 2 boys and 2 girls. He was the nicest, sweetest man you could even imagine. My heart is in soo much pain and I find it hard to concentrate. Just thought I would let you know. Hugs
Oh Perk, How terrible!!!! His wife and children must be devastated!!! My prayers are going up now as I type for all of you!!!! HUGE HUGS!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #2048
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, MamaIzzy, if you get 'snowed out' of your home.....just come back down a little south to PA and stay with us........iffen you bring your Punchez!!! heehee!

Benzi...FYI: I went to France for lunch one day....it was AWESOME!!! How cool is it to say, "We went to France for lunch"???? Also, "we spent the night in Scotland" one evening. We were in England and we took the Ferry across the English Channel to France for lunch and some shopping. And then another night, we took the train to Scotland and spent the evening at a bed and breakfast. The coolest evah!!!! I felt very posh! That feeling lasted until I came back to the states and walked through the doors of my humble home and back to work the next day!!! LOL! Anyway, you're not the ONLY ONE who jets off to places for lunch!!!!

MamaEmzi....when is the next bagel pizza lunch date???? Boy, they were some GOOD pizzas!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Yessireee!!!!! Oh Sorry Benzi.........I forgot that you didn't get any!!!! :P
Old 11-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #2049
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good Morning everyone,
Oh Sue! How incredibly sad for your son's friend and his family. What a huge loss for all of you. So hard to understand such sadness isn't it. Big hugs and prayers for all of you...
Old 11-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #2050
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Sue, I came in here to check up on you. How terrible a tragedy to happen. Let's face it, when something like this happens it effects the whole community. We had a boy on Ryan's baseball team this spring get hit in the chest with a baseball and die right there on the field. I know exactly what you are going through. I do have a piece of advice, when one of Ryan's friend's Mother died, I brought Ryan to the boys house after the funeral and they hung out together for the whole weekend. That kid never forgot that Ryan was there to support him and having someone his own age to lean on in that very difficult time that understood him was so meaningful to him. Bring you son to support his friend...it is so important to that family at this time.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #2051
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Laugh on, Kookzi! I'll put word in from the Prez for Izzy to share no punchez with YOU.

Hey, guess what? I am so excited. I have been cleaning my craft room and it took all morning. It's finished!!! Wow, now I want to make a card. But, I can't...have a lot more to do. I have been decorating for Christmas. Got 2 trees up...may have already shared that. I have to get all this finished before I jet off to Old Paree. ( a forced trip caused by Emzi). And, you, Kookzi...not sharing pizza bagels and then flaunting it. What friendz~~
If you were rich enough to go to Paree for lunchee, why couldn't you afford to payee some employees to cleanee your dirty housee and put up your 2000 treeees? And, why didn't your BIG MONEY go toward payeeeing zee little peeple to cleanee up your craftee roomee??? Now, answer that one Ms. Billionairess. BTW, send you workers over here as I need all of the above so I can meet Kookzi for lunch in Paree!!! LOL!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #2052
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good Morning everyone,
Sue, thanks for the message of what is going on. I noticed in one of the write ups it was mentioned you were going through a traumatic experience and I didn't know what it was about. So, thank you for letting us know. What a tragedy and how could you not be in such pain. It's life won't be the same without him. It's very sad and I pray for you and your family during this time!!

Hugs and Prayers
FS149, QFTD44
Old 11-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #2053
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Well, MamaIzzy, if you get 'snowed out' of your home.....just come back down a little south to PA and stay with us........iffen you bring your Punchez!!! heehee!

Benzi...FYI: I went to France for lunch one day....it was AWESOME!!! How cool is it to say, "We went to France for lunch"???? Also, "we spent the night in Scotland" one evening. We were in England and we took the Ferry across the English Channel to France for lunch and some shopping. And then another night, we took the train to Scotland and spent the evening at a bed and breakfast. The coolest evah!!!! I felt very posh! That feeling lasted until I came back to the states and walked through the doors of my humble home and back to work the next day!!! LOL! Anyway, you're not the ONLY ONE who jets off to places for lunch!!!!

MamaEmzi....when is the next bagel pizza lunch date???? Boy, they were some GOOD pizzas!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Yessireee!!!!! Oh Sorry Benzi.........I forgot that you didn't get any!!!! :P
I know what you mean Kookzi, I went to Paree and London and there was SO much to see and such beauty. When I got home, I thought my photos were horrible as it couldn't capture near the beauty I saw. I was bored when I got home as there wasn't anything pretty to look at any more, except my beautiful face in the mirror!!! YUCK!! I knew you'd like that one. I'll meet you in Paree, but don't let Benzi know as she'll try to butt in and take over like she did in becoming prez of this infamous group...shhhhh.....
FS149, QFTD44
Old 11-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #2054
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good Morning everyone,
Thanks for the update, Sue. I also saw the reference in your card post today to the tragedy you are living through. So very sad. You, your son, and his friend's family are all in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #2055
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Didn't we have us the bestest of times, Kookzi?? Izzy wants to know if the colors of the card I posted today were inspired by our pizza bagels. You'll have to take a look and tell me what *you* think!!!

Joanna is having a friend over for lunch tomorrow after they get out early (last day of P/T conferences) and they are both going to make pizza bagels for lunch. So drop on by on your lunch hour--the girls will treat us like royalty. You know, that poshness just like you had in the UK and even Paree!! They are planning to whip up a batch of cookies afterward, so we'll feast and then play with punches while we wait for the cookies to bake. It will be heavenly!!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:56 AM   #2056
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
Didn't we have us the bestest of times, Kookzi?? Izzy wants to know if the colors of the card I posted today were inspired by our pizza bagels. You'll have to take a look and tell me what *you* think!!!

Joanna is having a friend over for lunch tomorrow after they get out early (last day of P/T conferences) and they are both going to make pizza bagels for lunch. So drop on by on your lunch hour--the girls will treat us like royalty. You know, that poshness just like you had in the UK and even Paree!! They are planning to whip up a batch of cookies afterward, so we'll feast and then play with punches while we wait for the cookies to bake. It will be heavenly!!
Oh GF....I am SOOOOOOOOO there!!! Watch for me around 11:30 AM EST!!! I'll be in the mint green Sebring with the top down....well, maybe NOT as it might be a tad too cold out for that! But, I'll be waving my punchez out the window!!!!!! AND, did I hear you say COOKIES????????? Oh boy!!!! My favorite! I LOVE sugar cookies with sprinkles on top.....think Joanna can make some of those?????
Old 11-19-2010, 04:58 AM   #2057
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
I know what you mean Kookzi, I went to Paree and London and there was SO much to see and such beauty. When I got home, I thought my photos were horrible as it couldn't capture near the beauty I saw. I was bored when I got home as there wasn't anything pretty to look at any more, except my beautiful face in the mirror!!! YUCK!! I knew you'd like that one. I'll meet you in Paree, but don't let Benzi know as she'll try to butt in and take over like she did in becoming prez of this infamous group...shhhhh.....

Now Princess Pamzi...when you got home and looked in the mirror, didn't you see that beautiful tiara that was placed atop of your beautiful hair????? (Eyes batting!) You are my FAVORITE Princess, Pamzi!!!!! (There should be a smiley face with a halo atop of it!!!!......I would insert it here!)
Old 11-19-2010, 05:09 AM   #2058
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sue, I am just now seeing your post. What a horrible tragedy for that family. They're in my prayers, along with you and your family. I am sure you are all so upset. I can just imagine what your son/sons are going through, too.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-19-2010, 05:12 AM   #2059
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

For the rest of you that are chattering away about me, I'll be back. I have a doctor's appt. this morning and then home to get ready to go out of town for the weekend. Pam, you go back into hiding while I'm gone so I don't have to worry about what you're stirring up.

Where is Debzi, anyone know? Hope she is o.k.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-19-2010, 05:37 AM   #2060
Stazon Splitcoast

I was just going to ask, too--did Debzi make it out of the dentist chair?? Haven't seen hide nor hair of that Punchkateer since she signed off before heading out . . .
Old 11-19-2010, 05:39 AM   #2061
Stazon Splitcoast

Kookzi, girlfriend, of *course* we can whip up some sugar cookies with sprinkles on top! I'm sure the girls would be delighted And we ALL want to see your latest punchez. Your arrival time is perfect, and I just finished sprucing up the house for you. See you in a coupla hours!!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:50 AM   #2062
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
Kookzi, girlfriend, of *course* we can whip up some sugar cookies with sprinkles on top! I'm sure the girls would be delighted And we ALL want to see your latest punchez. Your arrival time is perfect, and I just finished sprucing up the house for you. See you in a coupla hours!!

Oh, wouldn't that be so much FUN????? I think that all of East Coasters should try to get together sometime in Feb of 2011 or there about's. That would be sooooo cool!!!!

Also, i would LOVE to be able for most of us to be on this forum at the same time to chat.......boy, wouldn't the fingers and keyboards be a buzzing!!!!

So, ya spruced up the house for ME????? SNNNNNIFFFFFFFFF.....I can smell the PineSol!!!!! No dust anywhere!!!!!!! Good job, MamaEmzi!!!! Now......where are those cookies????
Old 11-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #2063
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Carol for thinking of me...I did my ts blog hop card last week thank god because I have no energy to make a card. I didnt do the tsc today and I am hoping to be able to do qftd over the weekend. My son is going to be with him tomorrow, they play lacrosse together so they are going to get together and throw the ball around. The wake was very long and I couldnt believe how many people were there. So sad to lose such a great guy to our community.
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 11-21-2010, 05:34 AM   #2064
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, it must be so devastating for the family!!!!! You all are still in my prayers!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:55 AM   #2065
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue - that is horrible about your friend! I am praying for that family and yours too.

You guys have been partying and having pizza bagels and sugar cookies and didn't even tell me about it? Shame, shame!
DTs: Squigglefly, Pattie's Creations, & MFPSpeedyTV - Inspiration Challenge
Old 11-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #2066
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwilliams6 View Post
Sue - that is horrible about your friend! I am praying for that family and yours too.
Sue, you and your friend's family continue to be upheld in prayer.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #2067
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwilliams6 View Post
You guys have been partying and having pizza bagels and sugar cookies and didn't even tell me about it? Shame, shame!
Nutzi - Yes, some of the Punchiez have been partying (hic, hic, hic) and having pizza bagelz and sugar cookiez but some of uz have been banned from these little luncheonz. So, since I'm still avoiding winter in Alberta, swing by AZ for a little sunshine and a smoothie or two. It'z way cold back home right now so I'm lapping up every moment that I'm in the land of no snow. I heard "Let it Snow" while I was in the grocery store the other day - it was 27°C outside (about 80°F) - totally not an appropriate Christmas song for this area!! The weather outside is NOT frightful, it'z delightful!

We spent today in Tombstone, AZ. Quaint little town. Tomorrow it's Bisbee...
Old 11-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #2068
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm back and I know you all missed me. Even Pam...hey, Pamzi, you're the one that said I was a billionaire...not me. COOKIES, anyone??
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-23-2010, 05:34 AM   #2069
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

O.K., I know Debzi's still kickin'. Just saw where she made a comment today on a card. We can all rest easy.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #2070
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!!!! I'm getting 'cited!!!! I met with my soon to be upline last night and she gave me a ton more information!!!! I just now have to get on the site and sign up to be a demo!!!!! However, I am sorta skeered because of all of the $$$ stuff and I am so uncertain of how to present items to people. What if I don't make my quota??? What if I don't get enough people interested in a stamp camp? During the night, I began to really doubt myself. HELP!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 AM   #2071
Stazon Splitcoast

I also saw the Debster today as she commented on one of my cards. I'm glad to see her here! I saw on FB where she has been pummeled with SNOW!!!! Poor baby!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #2072
Stazon Splitcoast

When is everyone starting their cookie baking??? I'm baking on Dec. 4th with my DDIL and then DS-D is coming on the 11th to bake all day. Ooooooo.....if I close my eyes, I can smell the cookies in the oven now!!! What kind of cookies do you make?

How about if we exchange Christmas cookie recipes???? What do you think?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:38 AM   #2073
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kookzi, you'll do wonders as a demo! You have the fun personality to just make people buy from you. Tell a few funnies, give everyone a belly laugh, and you're in. Seriously, I do think you'll do great. First thing we know, you'll be a top salesperson.

Yep, that Debster is here again....somewhere.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #2074
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
When is everyone starting their cookie baking??? I'm baking on Dec. 4th with my DDIL and then DS-D is coming on the 11th to bake all day. Ooooooo.....if I close my eyes, I can smell the cookies in the oven now!!! What kind of cookies do you make?

How about if we exchange Christmas cookie recipes???? What do you think?
Good post, Lesley. Lets's get this going and maybe get a few new recipes from everyone. Here are my old stand-by recipes I love every year.

These are mostly sweets as I have a sweet tooth.

Orange Slice Cookies (love them and last year was the first year I made them)
Chocolate Coconut Balls...some people call them Buckeyes (Guess that is just people from Ohio)
Pecan Pralines (don't enjoy making them but love to eat them)
Sausage Balls (not sweet but I LOVE them)
Two minute fudge (yum yum...with peanut butter

I saw a recipe yesterday in a magazine from my city called Honey Sweet Potato Cookies. I really want to try that. Sounds great.

O.K., girls...share! If anyone wants a recipe, shout out.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #2075
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Good post, Lesley. Lets's get this going and maybe get a few new recipes from everyone. Here are my old stand-by recipes I love every year.

These are mostly sweets as I have a sweet tooth.

Orange Slice Cookies (love them and last year was the first year I made them)
Chocolate Coconut Balls...some people call them Buckeyes (Guess that is just people from Ohio)
Pecan Pralines (don't enjoy making them but love to eat them)
Sausage Balls (not sweet but I LOVE them)
Two minute fudge (yum yum...with peanut butter

I saw a recipe yesterday in a magazine from my city called Honey Sweet Potato Cookies. I really want to try that. Sounds great.

O.K., girls...share! If anyone wants a recipe, shout out.

As soon as I get home, I'll post some of my favs! Thanks for sharing, Ba-Ba-Ba-Benzi!!!!! MUAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #2076
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Our go-to cookies/goodies are:
Pfefferneusse
Butter dreams
Sugar cookie santas
Fudge
Ohio buckeyes (peanut butter inside chocolate outside...no coconut in the real thing! They got their name because they look like the seed from the Ohio Buckeye tree...really and truly!)
Gingerbread boys and girls
Some lovely pineapple chewy cookie that I can't remember the name of

There. My mom always used to make about 15 different kinds of cookies every Christmas and she had them in tins all over the big table in the family room. She doesn't make as many any more. Her health isn't that good. Those cookies are my faves. And I probably missed a few!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #2077
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quiltzi, do you give out your recipes? If so, I would love the pineapple chewy cookie recipe. Is it too long to type or maybe you could scan it. I'm in no hurry....won't be doing Christmas cookies for a week or two. Just let me know if you want to share.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #2078
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Pineapple nut cookies

Drain 1 8.5 ounce can of crushed pineapple.
Cream:
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
Mix until light and fluffy
Add:
1 well-beaten egg
Mix thoroughly
Stir in:
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Mix thoroughly
Stir in:
Drained pineapple (from above)
1/3 cup candied pineapple
1/3 cup candied cherries
1/3 cup white (golden) raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I never add nuts)
1/2 tsp vanilla
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

Love these cookies. I guess you should properly call them "soft" rather than "chewy" but they're mighty tasty! They are more chewy than soft and more soft than chewy.
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #2079
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, my recipes are about 1700 miles north of me right now...and there are blizzards raging in all of the states that lie between here and there...so I can't share any recipes. One of my favorite Christmas treats (for as long as I can remember) is a little pastry-like cookie my Grandma used to make. We all call them "Fiddly Cookies". They can be a bit fiddly to make and the description somehow became their name - even my Mom doesn't know what they were originally called. My daughters and my youngest sister got together over the weekend to work on photos for a cookbook project my youngest has to do for one of her college classes. She sent me photos to show me what I missed... and Fiddly Cookies was one of the things they made. So, here's a photo I clipped from her project...
Attached Thumbnails
fiddly-cookies.jpg  
Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #2080
Stazon Splitcoast

And Quiltzi, those pineapple cookies sound yummy!