Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #1921
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
Love my veggies, but brussel sprouts are a tough to get down LOL!
I've loved brussel sprouts since childhood! Truly! I don't like hmmmm - I'm not keen on kale or spinach - though I'll eat either -but there's not really a vegetable I won't eat. Radishes are a bit snappy for my tame tongue!

But - sigh - I've got a salt tooth and a sugar tooth -but my sugar tooth is pretty much confined to chocolate. Pie is okay -so long as it has a decent crust.It's actually the crust that I like. I have a huge list of don't really likes - partly my upbringing. We never had salad dressing, or whipping cream - stuff like that - so thankfully I never got to eating that sort of thing. My mom baked a chocolate cake at least once a week -but never a pie!!!

I'm one of 5 kids -and then my parents loved chocolate too -so a chocolate cake did not last long in our house, growing up!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #1922
Stazon Splitcoast

Tuckered out here! Had all the kids (and their dogs) here for the weekend. A challenge finding places for everyone to sleep with the basement still not back to normal but we figured it out. Also had my sister's family and my parents (total of 13 of us) here for our "Still Thankful" belated Thanksgiving supper last night and all here again for lunch after church today. Great weekend - love it when all my kids make it home! Will try and go back and read the thread tomorrow and catch up on things. RYPH!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #1923
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Tuckered out here! Had all the kids (and their dogs) here for the weekend. A challenge finding places for everyone to sleep with the basement still not back to normal but we figured it out. Also had my sister's family and my parents (total of 13 of us) here for our "Still Thankful" belated Thanksgiving supper last night and all here again for lunch after church today. Great weekend - love it when all my kids make it home! Will try and go back and read the thread tomorrow and catch up on things. RYPH!
Just love it when we have family around and as a mama with grown kids that are out of the house, I'm sure it is even more special. Glad you had a great weekend
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #1924
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
I've loved brussel sprouts since childhood! Truly! I don't like hmmmm - I'm not keen on kale or spinach - though I'll eat either -but there's not really a vegetable I won't eat. Radishes are a bit snappy for my tame tongue!

But - sigh - I've got a salt tooth and a sugar tooth -but my sugar tooth is pretty much confined to chocolate. Pie is okay -so long as it has a decent crust.It's actually the crust that I like. I have a huge list of don't really likes - partly my upbringing. We never had salad dressing, or whipping cream - stuff like that - so thankfully I never got to eating that sort of thing. My mom baked a chocolate cake at least once a week -but never a pie!!!

I'm one of 5 kids -and then my parents loved chocolate too -so a chocolate cake did not last long in our house, growing up!
You can have my brussel spourts then, Debzi LOL! I hear you re: the upbringing. We didn't have a lot of sweets or sugary baking around the house but did have some amazing Czech baking...my mouth is watering just thinking about some of the goodies my grandmother used to make for us! Lots of nuts in our cookies (European thing).

Believe it or not, I am not a chocolate fan. Yes, many have asked me if I am female LOL! When I do indulge it will be the high end stuff - champagne taste my hubby says LOL!

Hope your friend is doing okay post surgery.
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-19-2010, 04:51 AM   #1925
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!!! Just popping in to see what's cooking! Now tell me.....how did brussel sprouts and chocolate get in the post??? YUCK!!!! LOL! Although I will eat chocolate with MOST things, I will NOT do brussel sprouts!!! Wonder why God made them! Heehee!

Hope all is well with you all......I have been lifting you all up in my prayers daily.

Hugs to you all...RYPH!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:05 AM   #1926
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Well ladies, I never considered myself a clutz before, but last night's accident may qualify!! I got up to go to the bathroom around 2:00 a.m. and unbeknownst to me, my left leg was asleep. Right step was fine but when I went to step with my left leg, it just collapsed under me and I went down with a big thud, doing a nasty number on my foot!! No broken bones but maybe a bit of ligament booboos as I have a bit of bruising on the one side. What a total pain in the butt!!!! Had to laugh as the cat came to the edge of the bed to look at me and then nestled down again and went right back to sleep at the end of the bed. Nice to know he knows who feeds him LOL!
Marisa,
I am JUST now getting around to really reading some PNZ chat thread, and finally read what happened to you. You had me laugh out loud (that's a real feat; I don't laugh enough) about your cat! Thank you so much for the smile and laugh. I'm sorry it had to be through an accident for you, though!!
Hope you are feeling better.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:06 AM   #1927
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hi ya'll!!DS1 - who is 25 came by this evening to tell me that he has been very sick and weak with the flu. He looked terrible!! So I said - why don't we go together to Emergency as all of the doctor's offices etc are closed. He insisted it was not that bad. I gave him chicken soup and such - and then he went home -with the promise that he would call me 24-7 if he felt any worse. So - at 10 pm - he called and said - mom - will you take me to Emergency because I fell like I am having a bit of trouble breathing. I thought - oh - might we have done this a few hours ago! But of course I rushed right over. Just got home - they did chest x - ray and DS1 has pneumonia!! So glad we went! They gave him a nebulizer of ventolin and also clarithymocin right there and then -and gave him an RX to fill in the day. I tried to convince him to come home and sleep with us tonight - but no dice. But I made him promise - if your breathing etc feels any worse phone me 24 - 7 or else call 9-11. Kidz!! Oh I love that boy. I sure hope he is feeling better quickly. You know me! I am a worrier.

Course, now I've been exposed, but it's one of those things.

Poor sweet heart of mine. I worry about that lovely son of mine!!

Thanks for listening!
Debzi, I hope your son is feeling better by now.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #1928
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Just thought I'd check in for a few minutes. GASP!! Made a new card!!!!! 3 of the same, actually. Not in my gallery yet, and it may take a couple of days. I had a Hero Arts poppy flower stamp -and oh - I had to try the out the box nestie cutting deal with all of those crazy bits and pieces sticking out of the nestie. What a challenge for silly me!!!

Tommorow we are celebrating Thanksgiving a day or two early. Big family gathering at my mom's. There are so many 18 - 22 year olds in my extended family - that we had to accomadate their part time work schedules by celebrating Thanks giving tommorow.

Happy Weekend everyone -and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian friends!!!
Sure was easier to get a family together when the kids were all little, huh? I hope you had a wonderful family gathering.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #1929
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I'm baaaccckkk! Did ya miss me? Or did ya not even notice I was gone?

Will try and catch up as time allows - busy week ahead!

Colleen - Big hugz! So sad for you... So hard to lose those family pets.

I see that MamaRitzi seems to have joined the ranks of "Klutzez 'R' Uz"! Will try and read back and find out the detailz!

The chocolates on the ship were indeed yummy - as was the rest of the marvelous food. We walked so much and I did so many stairs I actually lost 1.5 lbs while we were gone! We got home in time to stuff our faces yesterday at a wonderful family Thanksgiving feast. Three great-nieces and a great-nephew baptized yesterday at church - wonderful service. Life is good. Happy to be home.

Drywall installers come tomorrow.
Glad things are going well for you and that you enjoyed your trip. Wow, lost weight instead of gained?? That is unusual for a cruise!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:18 AM   #1930
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hubby cooked up a storm and we had the most delicious dinner....turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, salad, jellied salad, peas with lettuce and back, brussel sprouts with bacon, cherry and pumpkin pie, good wine, good company, the perfect Thanksgiving weekend

I am proud to announce I did not gain any weight. Was good with the main course as I HAD to save room for my mom's cherry pie, one of the few pies I will eat other than lemon meringue as it is not a sweet pie at all. I had to behave seeing as I can't work out due to the old foot. Saving the last piece of pie for tomorrow as won't get another piece until next year.

Yes Izzy, I have become a member of the Clutz Club LOL! Driving me NUTS!! Thankfully I can walk normally now, just can jump around on it.
Marisa, your dinner sounded wonderful! I have a question, though: what is 'back'? I'm guessing bacon, but I really am not sure.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:22 AM   #1931
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
OMG, you are a girl that does not have a sweet tooth like me, I bet.
Just put a pie (any pie) before me and I'm ready for a slice. It's a miracle I am not HUGE.

Glad you're able to walk now, Marisa.
I was thinking the same about myself, Benzi! I couldn't imagine the kind of self-discipline Marisa has for sweets! I have NONE.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:23 AM   #1932
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Aren't friends wonderful? I'm so glad you got to go out to lunch with yours. That helps and so does time. At least, for me it did when we had to put down our dog. Glad your girls had a 'good' day.
Yes, there's nothing like a good friend. They make you feel all warm inside.
The girls are doing better with their grief than Mommy is.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:24 AM   #1933
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I went out today to get my hair trimmed and ended up buying a new camera. I am so excited. Bad thing is they didn't have one in stock so my
hubby and I will be driving 2 hrs. to get it tomorrow...simply because I didn' want to wait a week. I am hoping it will be great for cards and for capturing wonderful pics of my babies. Also, I'm sure it will be good for my bird watching and nature pics. Oooh, I can't wait to use it but first I have to learn how. Ugh!
A new camera is fun! I got one earlier this summer. My DH picked it out for me. I can't seem to get it to get REALLY close shots of my cards though. I need to read the manual, but it's on a CD, which I can't find at the moment. Have fun with yours!!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #1934
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Blondzi - glad to hear things are going a little better for you. I had never understood how deeply the loss of a pet can hit until our daughter lost her dog in May. Somehow it was different when we were kids growing up on the farm. Our dogs were all outside dogs - we always had one, or two, even three at one time. I remember being sad when we lost them but it was so very different. More hugz being sent your way...

Kookzi - hope things are working out for Ryan. And have your goodies arrived? New toys are so much fun!

Debzi, chatty? No way! Hope you went straight for the dessert table if the food was getting low by the time you dished up! Even though we had the big dinner on Sunday as we celebrated all the baptisms in our family, I'm still doing a big turkey dinner on Saturday here at our place. Our son and his wife couldn't be there for Thanksgiving so we're having a "Still Thankful" dinner this weekend. Don't know where everyone will sleep since the basement and downstairs bedroom are still torn apart. Haul out the sleeping bags I guess...

Ba-ba-ba-Benzi! What kind of camera are you getting? What fun! We love our digital cameras in this household! Mine is a nice simple Canon. DH is Nikon to the core. We just did photos of two local football teams this week. BTW, the package you sent must be held up at Customs... I did get a package with 4 new CB folders in today's mail though (that was thanks to Bugzi's enabling)!

Finally got the suitcases unpacked yesterday. We've come home to warmer fall weather than we were having when we left! It's wonderful - hope it lasts a while but I fear that won't happen.

Had the TV on in the background all day (when I was home) - couldn't believe the rescue operation for the trapped miners. Totally amazing!

And to all the Punchiez I've missed, hugz all! RYPH!
Thanks, Izzy. You've been missed! And I'll bet you're having so much fun with your new CB folders. I love EFs, don't you? Lots of impact in a subtle way, and I love using the Big Shot! Crank, crank, crank. It's good for working off calories just like our punchez!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #1935
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Good to see you back , Heatherz!!!! hugz to you!!!

Just wanted to ask you to pray for a close friend of mine. Later today - err I've stayed up late...my friend Christie is undergoing surgery to remove a cancerous growth in her colon. They feel confident that they have found it very early -and she should only need the surgery today, and no further treatment. Even so - I know she is very anxious about the surgery itself - and the recovery time. She expects to spend 3 -5 days in hospital, and then several weeks recovering from the abdominal surgery.

She is a Christian, and I know will so appreciate your prayers. She is just 48.

BTW - Marissa - she is having her surgery at Peace Arch Hospital - near to you.
Oh, yes, I remember your friend from your post a while back. She's the one with the Jehovah's Witness daughter? Or is marrying one? ANd has a child already from another relationship. Your poor friend is going through a lot. I am so sorry for her. I even told DH about her, when I read your original post. I hope all goes well with her surgery. Prayers going up.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:32 AM   #1936
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Sounds like all of us are undergoing trials in our lives of one sort or another. Just know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers all the time, okay?

Everybody have a great day...and I'm back to stamping my index pages and scanning them. Found some stamps I forgot that I bought!
Diane,
Thank you for keeping us all in your prayers and thoughts. I believe that really helps, I truly do.

And about those stamps you forgot you bought, it must've been a nice surprise, huh?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:35 AM   #1937
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbugdriver View Post
Hi Galz ~
Well, I'm playing nurse to DH since his surgery on Wed. He did well, but not so well now - only b/c he is pretty much an invalid. You know how men are. He is not to weight bear on his foot. I borrowed a cute little scooter thing from my friend Sharon, so he can wheel about a bit. Our home is small so that's a hinderance too. I'm forever telling him to 'keep your foot up.' I'll tell you if anyone is a diabetic PLEASE take care of your feet. He has had an open wound for 6 years! Hopefully after this surgery it will finally heal. they reshaped the bones over the area.
At the beginning of the month we went to our niece's wedding (10/2) in VA. We drove over 800 miles. DH went to pick up our dog on Tues and was rear ended. He was not seriously hurt, just some soreness in his back. Coco was thrown into the dash from the back seat. She's been having frank blood in her urine, vet thinks it's from the accident. They were the middle car of a 3-car crash. You know they say most accidents happen w/in 25 miles of home. Well, they were 7 miles away.
Bugz
Oh, Heather! I am so sorry these rotten things have happened in your family. I sure do hope your husband's foot actually heals. Wow - 6 years is a long time for an open sore. Yikes.

And poor Coco!!! I am such an animal lover, I HATE to see/hear of an animal getting hurt. Is she doing better??
Hugs and prayers,
Colleen
Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 AM   #1938
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hi Sue! Glad you stopped by to say hi!

Debzi, hope you two enjoyed the movie and your 'date'. My hubby and I just drove into the driveway from a football game and it is 3:05 a.m. Ugh Off to bed.
I am not a football fan, or even a sports fan, so forgive my ignorance, but do games really last that long that you don't get home till 3:00 am? Or did you go have some fun after the game?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:43 AM   #1939
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Hi all!!! Just popping in to see what's cooking! Now tell me.....how did brussel sprouts and chocolate get in the post??? YUCK!!!! LOL! Although I will eat chocolate with MOST things, I will NOT do brussel sprouts!!! Wonder why God made them! Heehee!

Hope all is well with you all......I have been lifting you all up in my prayers daily.

Hugs to you all...RYPH!
Lesley, I love your sig line about having a daughter after all these years! How sweet. I hope all is going well in their newlywed life.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #1940
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoatsmom View Post
Oh, yes, I remember your friend from your post a while back. She's the one with the Jehovah's Witness daughter? Or is marrying one? ANd has a child already from another relationship. Your poor friend is going through a lot. I am so sorry for her. I even told DH about her, when I read your original post. I hope all goes well with her surgery. Prayers going up.

Thanks Blondzi for remembering everything. I'm so glad you are feeling up to chatting with all of us here on the thread!

As for my friend - yes I finally talked to her today. She got out of hospital yesterday. She had hoped to get out sooner - but it seemed her blood pressure took a day or two to get back up to normal . She sounds so much better now that the surgery is behind here. Like me - I think she really hates hospitals and surgery!!!! She tells me she is already doing light household chores!!! I told her - take it easy!!! But - I think she is one of those people who feel happier when busy -but still - she is not to lift over 10 lbs for a while!!!! That girl!!!!

Yes - she has the daughter who is marrying the Jehovahs's witness. It is a lot of stress. I did not want to get into to her today - - did not want to upset her - but I understand from a mutual friend that prior to the surgery - her daughter finds that he is a party guy too! Yes, she has a 4 year old from her first marriage - and now is pregnant with a second child by this fellow. Stressful situation yes!!! Her daughter is just 24 - not on the right road, it would seem.

Daniel my son is feeling much better now, after his pnemonia. I wonder if something is going around here? This friend of mine - Christie - that had the surgery - told me that her son's girlfriend - a healthy 22 year old girl - was hospitilized for pnemonia for several days -she got it in both lungs at once. Scary stuff!

Anyway - Coleen - I'm so glad you are feeling better. ((((((( hugs )))))))
Old 10-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #1941
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
I am not a football fan, or even a sports fan, so forgive my ignorance, but do games really last that long that you don't get home till 3:00 am? Or did you go have some fun after the game?
Here is why we were so late. The game, because of the tv schedule, didn't start until 8:00 p.m. It lasts longer because of commercial time on tv so that put the game lasting about 3 3/4 hrs. Then, we have a fairly long walk back to the car, lots of traffic because of 100,000 people attending, a stop for something to eat or drink, then the drive home is about 2 1/2 hours.
That's my explanation and I'm sticking to it. Yep, those football games last a while...so exciting!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #1942
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Debzi, so glad your son is doing better and that your friend is home and recuperating.
I don't think I've been on the chat thread for a while. Life is so busy.I'm beginning to think about decorating for Christmas. Not yet, but not too long from now. I love Christmas!!!!
It's late...1:00 a.m. appx. so I better head to bed. It will be time to get up soon.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #1943
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Ladies: Let me just say a huge thank you to each and everyone of you for making my Birthday one of the best ever. All of your cards came all at once Thursday....do you plan it that way!!! lol It was awesome. I have them all standing up on my hutch and everyone that comes through the door can see them standing there!!! I said to my son...."It is so nice to be loved again!!!" lol He laughed because last year I had only one card from my Mom!!! lol I had lost my job so the usual arrangements of cards were missing because when you are the boss and leave employment....no one sucks up to you anymore...ROFL!!!! Anyway you made my heart sing with joy!!! Thank you all so very much.

Went to another interview yesterday for a PT position at a bank. We shall see how that turns out. I went for an interview Aug 30 at Bank of America and they liked me but didn't have any open positions for me. They are keeping me in the pipeline until they get something open. Whenever that is....but I really don't want to travel 45 mins to work. This PT position is close to home so I hope it works out...it is a foot in the door. I feel good about the interview.

So one more thing...If you go on the Martha Stewart site, I saw yesterday where the MS Halloween punches are marked wayyyyy down. Your can get the ghost set of PATP for like 6 dollars and change and some of the singles punches are 2 dollars and change.

Ok so I lied...one more piece of news....I am leaving Midnight Madness, "prisicllastyles" and Crafters Digital Art Center at the end of the year. So I should have more time to come here and participate. I did read some of the messages and please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:21 AM   #1944
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Carol, I am so glad you're getting some love this year for your birthday. LOL One card last year, huh? You must have been a bad girl.
Ooh, I can't believe you're leaving the MMSC...you were such a perfect fit there with your awesome creations. I'm sure you do get overwhelmed with so much and being on so many teams. That's what happens when you are soooooooo good at making cards. I'm not that familar with Crafter's Digital Art Center but I'm sure they will miss you, too.
Oh, I'm hoping and praying that your job interviews will work out and you'll be slaving away really soon...and hope you don't have far to travel. That would be a bummer.
For sure, we love those sales on punches..thanks for passing that news along.
Hey, we're going to really love having you around more.
Have a wonderful weekend..whatever you're doing!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #1945
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Here is why we were so late. The game, because of the tv schedule, didn't start until 8:00 p.m. It lasts longer because of commercial time on tv so that put the game lasting about 3 3/4 hrs. Then, we have a fairly long walk back to the car, lots of traffic because of 100,000 people attending, a stop for something to eat or drink, then the drive home is about 2 1/2 hours.
That's my explanation and I'm sticking to it. Yep, those football games last a while...so exciting!
Said like a true fan Glad you get to get out and enjoy the games!
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #1946
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Marisa,
I am JUST now getting around to really reading some PNZ chat thread, and finally read what happened to you. You had me laugh out loud (that's a real feat; I don't laugh enough) about your cat! Thank you so much for the smile and laugh. I'm sorry it had to be through an accident for you, though!!
Hope you are feeling better.
Glad I was able to provide you some entertainment I love to sacrifice for the cause LOL!
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #1947
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Marisa, your dinner sounded wonderful! I have a question, though: what is 'back'? I'm guessing bacon, but I really am not sure.
Can you tell it was late or I was in a hurry when typing this! Yes, it should read bacon! Totally yummy Sad part is all the left overs are gone but we do have some turkey soup in the freezer
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #1948
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Daniel my son is feeling much better now, after his pnemonia. I wonder if something is going around here? This friend of mine - Christie - that had the surgery - told me that her son's girlfriend - a healthy 22 year old girl - was hospitilized for pnemonia for several days -she got it in both lungs at once. Scary stuff!
Something must be going around because my daughter has two kids in her class that had pnemonia and there is a girl in the other class that has been off school for almost three weeks with it (she is asthmatic). Hope the bugs don't stick around through the winter!!
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #1949
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post

Went to another interview yesterday for a PT position at a bank. We shall see how that turns out. I went for an interview Aug 30 at Bank of America and they liked me but didn't have any open positions for me. They are keeping me in the pipeline until they get something open. Whenever that is....but I really don't want to travel 45 mins to work. This PT position is close to home so I hope it works out...it is a foot in the door. I feel good about the interview.
all.
Well done on pressing on with the interviews By the end of my interview process at one point in my job hunting career I got so many interviews that I began to interview my prospective boss LOL! After all, it is a two way street and I knew a few types I definitely DIDN'T want to work for. It's hard slugging, but keep your head high and keep going. The right job will turn up and when it is right, it is well worth the struggles and the wait. Biiiiiig (((hug)))). Keep us posted!!
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #1950
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Ladies: Let me just say a huge thank you to each and everyone of you for making my Birthday one of the best ever. All of your cards came all at once Thursday....do you plan it that way!!! lol It was awesome. I have them all standing up on my hutch and everyone that comes through the door can see them standing there!!! I said to my son...."It is so nice to be loved again!!!" lol He laughed because last year I had only one card from my Mom!!! lol I had lost my job so the usual arrangements of cards were missing because when you are the boss and leave employment....no one sucks up to you anymore...ROFL!!!! Anyway you made my heart sing with joy!!! Thank you all so very much.

So one more thing...If you go on the Martha Stewart site, I saw yesterday where the MS Halloween punches are marked wayyyyy down. Your can get the ghost set of PATP for like 6 dollars and change and some of the singles punches are 2 dollars and change.

Ok so I lied...one more piece of news....I am leaving Midnight Madness, "prisicllastyles" and Crafters Digital Art Center at the end of the year. So I should have more time to come here and participate. I did read some of the messages and please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Well, girl. there is one more card to come from the late not so great Deborah! I mailed in on Thursday before the pick -up - so be on the lookout for a straggler Happy Birthday card!!!

Oh Bearzi!!! I can't understand why you've not been hired yet! I tell you - if they had any Brainz employers would be knocking down a path to your door!!! Truly I believe that!

Will you miss the midnight madness team? Or will it be a pleasant relief not to have that pressure?

hugzs from Deborahz
Old 10-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #1951
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Bearzi, Where have I been missing all this news???? I'm so glad we made your birthday a HAPPY one. I know you all made mine happy.

Thanks for the MS punch tip.

I can't believe you haven't gotten a job yet. You must have such great skills as can be seen by your talent here and you have an amazing personality. What's wrong with those employers? Do you want The Fruitflakezi beat them up for you? I can do that - I have a Fruitflakezi Swat Team geared up and ready for action!! LOL!! I pray you find something soon.

I had NO IDEA you were leaving MM and CDAC at the end of the year. That was quite a shock. You were such a devoted member with the most brilliant works of art. I'm sure Priscilla will miss you so much as will I. But, I do understand you are on another design team now and it should work out well for you. I'm really not sure if I'm going to be able to keep up with the MMSC for awhile. Things have just been pretty shaken up around here. I'm going to do what I can when I can.

Hugzzzzz to you Bearziiii,
The Fruitflakezi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 10-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #1952
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry everyone I haven't been on the chat line for awhile. I will when I can. Miss you all!!!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 10-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #1953
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We're missing this half of our co-founder twosome big time, Pamzi! I understand and sure we all do. Hugz and prayers.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #1954
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Sorry everyone I haven't been on the chat line for awhile. I will when I can. Miss you all!!!!
We miss you big time Fruitflakez!!!! ((hugs )) and lots of plain old love !!! I'm sorry everything has been so shaken up -but not stirred! That's James Bond talk!!! 007 and all!

I'll bet you are counting every day until your husband comes home and you have a big shoulder to lean on!!!! I know I would be !!!! And - he's never going away again!!!!!Keep the Faith, FruitflakeZ!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #1955
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Got a question for y'all...when you go to read your comments, how do you do it? Cuz sometimes I comment on a bunch of cards (like I just did) so everybody has comments on cards going back quite a few days.

I usually sort my gallery by latest comments and check them all out until I realize I've read them all.

How about you?
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #1956
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

So, I figure it is time for another

Challenge!!

This one is different, but not difficult.

Make a card that has a punched or die-cut window in the front of the card, and put something on the inside of the card in the window.

Here's one from my gallery to give you an idea:
Eight Punches Required! by fionna51 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun with this one!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #1957
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Got a question for y'all...when you go to read your comments, how do you do it? Cuz sometimes I comment on a bunch of cards (like I just did) so everybody has comments on cards going back quite a few days.

I usually sort my gallery by latest comments and check them all out until I realize I've read them all.

How about you?
I usually click from my email when I am notified of a comment so I see them as they are made. I have an e-mail notifier and always hear it when any email comes in. Of course, if I do a challenge, I see them as I am commenting on others. I've seen all the comments you have made on my cards and thanks for those.
2014 CAS Spring DT

Last edited by Benzi; 10-25-2010 at 08:10 AM..
Old 10-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #1958
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
So, I figure it is time for another

Challenge!!

This one is different, but not difficult.

Make a card that has a punched or die-cut window in the front of the card, and put something on the inside of the card in the window.

Here's one from my gallery to give you an idea:
Eight Punches Required! by fionna51 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun with this one!
What a cutie! This is a fun challenge! I never got the first challenge made...I am thinking that is a bad mark on the Prez. I'll try to get this made. Hey, I'm staying up until 1:00 and 2:00 a.m. already. What would it matter if I stayed up a couple more hours? LOL Seriously, I'll do my best.
Thanks, Quiltzi.

I'm trying to spend some time cleaning and straightening my house today. It really got in a mess over the weekend. I need to make my Stampin B card today, too. It has finally rained at my house and I am so happy. Supposed to get a lot more...hope so.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #1959
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
We miss you too (((hugzzz))). Look forward to hearing from you when you've got a chance. Blessings!
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #1960
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

How about you?
What rock have I been hiding under LOL! Had no clue you could sort your gallery by latest comments. I've learned something new today - thanks!!
My SCS Gallery