Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #1881
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm baaaccckkk! Did ya miss me? Or did ya not even notice I was gone?

Will try and catch up as time allows - busy week ahead!

Colleen - Big hugz! So sad for you... So hard to lose those family pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my fellow Canadian Punchkateers!!! Even those riding the high seas and stuffing their faces with delicious chocolate LOL!

Foot is getting better. Can walk without a limp now (yeah for good shoes with orthotics) but can't work out yet NOT a good thing with a big Thanksgiving feast before me!!
I see that MamaRitzi seems to have joined the ranks of "Klutzez 'R' Uz"! Will try and read back and find out the detailz!

The chocolates on the ship were indeed yummy - as was the rest of the marvelous food. We walked so much and I did so many stairs I actually lost 1.5 lbs while we were gone! We got home in time to stuff our faces yesterday at a wonderful family Thanksgiving feast. Three great-nieces and a great-nephew baptized yesterday at church - wonderful service. Life is good. Happy to be home.

Drywall installers come tomorrow.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #1882
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We sure did miss you, Izzy! So glad you're back and with a weight loss. Wow! Did you get my package of awesome punches on your arrival home?If not, call the post office because they lost them...AGAIN.

I've been away for a week and trying to catch up, too. Ugh!

When is your next trip? I bet you're already packing for it.

Good that the drywall installers are coming tomorrow. I know you would
like to wind this project up and move on to better things.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 10-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #1883
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hope all you Canadian punchiez had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I want a report on the weight gains over this holiday. LOL
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #1884
Die Cut Diva

Thank you all for your big hugz. I really need them right now.

When we were marking Smoat's passing on our calendar yesterday, one of my girls said, "It's Canadian Thanksgiving today, too." I was thinking of you Punchiez who live in Canada. Hope you had a nice day with your familiez.

I'll be back soon.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #1885
Full of Malarky

Oh Colleen! I hope you feel better soon. more hugs.
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Old 10-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #1886
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Hope all you Canadian punchiez had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I want a report on the weight gains over this holiday. LOL
Ha!!! Down 1/2 pound!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #1887
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
Ha!!! Down 1/2 pound!!!
PULEEEEEEAZE...who believes that, Debzi? Seriously, that is awesome. I am sure I won't be able to say that after my Thanksgiving dinner. UGH!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #1888
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hubby cooked up a storm and we had the most delicious dinner....turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, salad, jellied salad, peas with lettuce and back, brussel sprouts with bacon, cherry and pumpkin pie, good wine, good company, the perfect Thanksgiving weekend

I am proud to announce I did not gain any weight. Was good with the main course as I HAD to save room for my mom's cherry pie, one of the few pies I will eat other than lemon meringue as it is not a sweet pie at all. I had to behave seeing as I can't work out due to the old foot. Saving the last piece of pie for tomorrow as won't get another piece until next year.

Yes Izzy, I have become a member of the Clutz Club LOL! Driving me NUTS!! Thankfully I can walk normally now, just can jump around on it.
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #1889
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
I'm baaaccckkk! Did ya miss me? Or did ya not even notice I was gone?

The chocolates on the ship were indeed yummy - as was the rest of the marvelous food. We walked so much and I did so many stairs I actually lost 1.5 lbs while we were gone! We got home in time to stuff our faces yesterday at a wonderful family Thanksgiving feast. Three great-nieces and a great-nephew baptized yesterday at church - wonderful service. Life is good. Happy to be home.

Drywall installers come tomorrow.

You go girl!!! You must be one of the few who actually LOSE pounds on a cruise. From what I hear it is an average 3 - 8 pound gain for most. Gotta love stairs and lots of decks to walk on LOL!

Glad you enjoyed a feast with family upon your return too.

What a bonus to have the dry wallers coming in too!! Yeah!!! You will be able to continue your stamp room set up again
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #1890
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoatsmom View Post
Thank you all for your big hugz. I really need them right now.

When we were marking Smoat's passing on our calendar yesterday, one of my girls said, "It's Canadian Thanksgiving today, too." I was thinking of you Punchiez who live in Canada. Hope you had a nice day with your familiez.

I'll be back soon.
More ((((HUGZ)))) for you Colleen!! Love that you buried him in the catnip area of the garden. Hoping the pain in your hearts subsides soon and the joy of the wonderful memories fills it with joy once again.
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #1891
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
More ((((HUGZ)))) for you Colleen!! Love that you buried him in the catnip area of the garden. Hoping the pain in your hearts subsides soon and the joy of the wonderful memories fills it with joy once again.
I'm loving these hugz from my Punchiez friends.
They are helping.
Today felt a tiny bit better. My kids went back to school, and they each had a 'good' day. I walked and talked (and cried) with a friend, and then we went out to lunch. It was so super of her to devote her day to me. What a friend. It was just what I needed.

Hugz to you all!!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #1892
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Hubby cooked up a storm and we had the most delicious dinner....turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, salad, jellied salad, peas with lettuce and back, brussel sprouts with bacon, cherry and pumpkin pie, good wine, good company, the perfect Thanksgiving weekend

I am proud to announce I did not gain any weight. Was good with the main course as I HAD to save room for my mom's cherry pie, one of the few pies I will eat other than lemon meringue as it is not a sweet pie at all. I had to behave seeing as I can't work out due to the old foot. Saving the last piece of pie for tomorrow as won't get another piece until next year.

Yes Izzy, I have become a member of the Clutz Club LOL! Driving me NUTS!! Thankfully I can walk normally now, just can jump around on it.
OMG, you are a girl that does not have a sweet tooth like me, I bet.
Just put a pie (any pie) before me and I'm ready for a slice. It's a miracle I am not HUGE.

Glad you're able to walk now, Marisa.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #1893
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
They are helping.
Today felt a tiny bit better. My kids went back to school, and they each had a 'good' day. I walked and talked (and cried) with a friend, and then we went out to lunch. It was so super of her to devote her day to me. What a friend. It was just what I needed.

Hugz to you all!!
Aren't friends wonderful? I'm so glad you got to go out to lunch with yours. That helps and so does time. At least, for me it did when we had to put down our dog. Glad your girls had a 'good' day.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #1894
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I went out today to get my hair trimmed and ended up buying a new camera. I am so excited. Bad thing is they didn't have one in stock so my
hubby and I will be driving 2 hrs. to get it tomorrow...simply because I didn' want to wait a week. I am hoping it will be great for cards and for capturing wonderful pics of my babies. Also, I'm sure it will be good for my bird watching and nature pics. Oooh, I can't wait to use it but first I have to learn how. Ugh!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #1895
Full of Malarky

Quote:
I went out today to get my hair trimmed and ended up buying a new camera. I am so excited. Bad thing is they didn't have one in stock so my
hubby and I will be driving 2 hrs. to get it tomorrow...simply because I didn' want to wait a week. I am hoping it will be great for cards and for capturing wonderful pics of my babies. Also, I'm sure it will be good for my bird watching and nature pics. Oooh, I can't wait to use it but first I have to learn how. Ugh!
Hmmm - taking pictures of yourself, are you! Needed a better camera to photoshop your image! 'Bwhahhahaah!!! Kidding - good luck with learning how to use your new camera!

As for me losing 1/2 lb- I think I got to chatting so much that by the time I got to getting my dinner - most of the food was gone!!!! Can you imagine me a chatty person like that!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #1896
Full of Malarky

Quote:
They are helping.

Hugz to you all!!
I'm so glad that you are feeling a wee bit better, and your kids too. I'm so glad you had a friend right there to spend lots of time with you.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #1897
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Hmmm - taking pictures of yourself, are you! Needed a better camera to photoshop your image! 'Bwhahhahaah!!! Kidding - good luck with learning how to use your new camera!

As for me losing 1/2 lb- I think I got to chatting so much that by the time I got to getting my dinner - most of the food was gone!!!! Can you imagine me a chatty person like that!
Goodness, you a chatty person...never would I believe that.
Yes, Debz, that is why I needed a new camera....I'll be looking so awesome you won't even recognize me when you see my next avatar.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #1898
Stazon Splitcoast

Blondzi - glad to hear things are going a little better for you. I had never understood how deeply the loss of a pet can hit until our daughter lost her dog in May. Somehow it was different when we were kids growing up on the farm. Our dogs were all outside dogs - we always had one, or two, even three at one time. I remember being sad when we lost them but it was so very different. More hugz being sent your way...

Kookzi - hope things are working out for Ryan. And have your goodies arrived? New toys are so much fun!

Debzi, chatty? No way! Hope you went straight for the dessert table if the food was getting low by the time you dished up! Even though we had the big dinner on Sunday as we celebrated all the baptisms in our family, I'm still doing a big turkey dinner on Saturday here at our place. Our son and his wife couldn't be there for Thanksgiving so we're having a "Still Thankful" dinner this weekend. Don't know where everyone will sleep since the basement and downstairs bedroom are still torn apart. Haul out the sleeping bags I guess...

Ba-ba-ba-Benzi! What kind of camera are you getting? What fun! We love our digital cameras in this household! Mine is a nice simple Canon. DH is Nikon to the core. We just did photos of two local football teams this week. BTW, the package you sent must be held up at Customs... I did get a package with 4 new CB folders in today's mail though (that was thanks to Bugzi's enabling)!

Finally got the suitcases unpacked yesterday. We've come home to warmer fall weather than we were having when we left! It's wonderful - hope it lasts a while but I fear that won't happen.

Had the TV on in the background all day (when I was home) - couldn't believe the rescue operation for the trapped miners. Totally amazing!

And to all the Punchiez I've missed, hugz all! RYPH!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:55 AM   #1899
Full of Malarky

Good to see you back , Heatherz!!!! hugz to you!!!

Just wanted to ask you to pray for a close friend of mine. Later today - err I've stayed up late...my friend Christie is undergoing surgery to remove a cancerous growth in her colon. They feel confident that they have found it very early -and she should only need the surgery today, and no further treatment. Even so - I know she is very anxious about the surgery itself - and the recovery time. She expects to spend 3 -5 days in hospital, and then several weeks recovering from the abdominal surgery.

She is a Christian, and I know will so appreciate your prayers. She is just 48.

BTW - Marissa - she is having her surgery at Peace Arch Hospital - near to you.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #1900
Stazon Splitcoast

Huge hugs and prayers for your friend - and for you too as your offer her your friendship and support through her recovery. Hopefully the surgery is all that is needed...
Old 10-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #1901
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Just wanted to ask you to pray for a close friend of mine. Later today - err I've stayed up late...my friend Christie is undergoing surgery to remove a cancerous growth in her colon. They feel confident that they have found it very early -and she should only need the surgery today, and no further treatment. Even so - I know she is very anxious about the surgery itself - and the recovery time. She expects to spend 3 -5 days in hospital, and then several weeks recovering from the abdominal surgery.

Things sound good that they have found this cancer early..keep us updated, Debzi.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #1902
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy, to answer your question about what kind of camera I got, it is a Nikon D90 SLR. I sure hope I like it. I have been using a Sony Cybershot for a couple years....liked it but was ready to make this move.

Has anyone heard from Karen about her hubby's surgery yesterday? I am sure she'll let us hear as soon as she can. Sure hope things went well.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #1903
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Now, there's my dream camera! I did get to upgrade to a Canon PowerShot (one of the big ones, not the pocket ones) but it's not an SLR. Someday!

Well, I finally got my craft room / studio to a vague semblance of cleaned up order. Now I am working on a catalog for my stamps that will double as the labels on the front of my storage drawers. I'm really looking forward to the day when I can get things caught up in there!

I did spend some time this morning doing comments because I was really feeling guilty for not keeping up. I couldn't do as many as I would have liked but I did do a bunch! There's some wonderful cards in our gallery!

Sounds like all of us are undergoing trials in our lives of one sort or another. Just know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers all the time, okay?

Everybody have a great day...and I'm back to stamping my index pages and scanning them. Found some stamps I forgot that I bought!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #1904
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Now, there's my dream camera! I did get to upgrade to a Canon PowerShot (one of the big ones, not the pocket ones) but it's not an SLR. Someday!

Well, I finally got my craft room / studio to a vague semblance of cleaned up order. Now I am working on a catalog for my stamps that will double as the labels on the front of my storage drawers. I'm really looking forward to the day when I can get things caught up in there!

I did spend some time this morning doing comments because I was really feeling guilty for not keeping up. I couldn't do as many as I would have liked but I did do a bunch! There's some wonderful cards in our gallery!

Sounds like all of us are undergoing trials in our lives of one sort or another. Just know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers all the time, okay?

Everybody have a great day...and I'm back to stamping my index pages and scanning them. Found some stamps I forgot that I bought!
Diane, your stamp catalog will be awesome when you're through. I'll probably never get that done. Oh, that red face is funny...LOL Now, you'll have some new images to work with and that'll be fun.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #1905
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Galz ~
Well, I'm playing nurse to DH since his surgery on Wed. He did well, but not so well now - only b/c he is pretty much an invalid. You know how men are. He is not to weight bear on his foot. I borrowed a cute little scooter thing from my friend Sharon, so he can wheel about a bit. Our home is small so that's a hinderance too. I'm forever telling him to 'keep your foot up.' I'll tell you if anyone is a diabetic PLEASE take care of your feet. He has had an open wound for 6 years! Hopefully after this surgery it will finally heal. they reshaped the bones over the area.
At the beginning of the month we went to our niece's wedding (10/2) in VA. We drove over 800 miles. DH went to pick up our dog on Tues and was rear ended. He was not seriously hurt, just some soreness in his back. Coco was thrown into the dash from the back seat. She's been having frank blood in her urine, vet thinks it's from the accident. They were the middle car of a 3-car crash. You know they say most accidents happen w/in 25 miles of home. Well, they were 7 miles away.
So between all that hoop-la and the surgery, I've been pre-occupied.
I'm sorry I don't check this thread more often, but it seems to slip my mind.
I'm sorry for your loss Blondzi. It's difficult to lose your pet.
Izzi, I'm glad you're back. I've missed your cards.
Ritzi, it's good to hear you are well on the mend now. Just don't push it too much.
Belated Thanksgiving greetingz to my puncherz up north.
Thanks for prayers.
Hugz to you all,
Bugz

Thanks for stopping by my gallery.

COURAGE is FEAR that has said it's PRAYERS.

Bugzi, Punchkateer Secretary
Member of the Fan Club
QFTD49
Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #1906
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
OMG, you are a girl that does not have a sweet tooth like me, I bet.
Just put a pie (any pie) before me and I'm ready for a slice. It's a miracle I am not HUGE.

Glad you're able to walk now, Marisa.
No sweet tooth here, but put a bag of chips or other salty things in front of me or I'm in BIG trouble LOL!
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #1907
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Glad to hear they think they will get it all in one go!!

If she needs a visit, let me know and I can pop in and say hi for you
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #1908
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post

I got half way done in my clean up and need to continue on with it. School is having a craft fair at the end of November so can't take the time right now. Maybe afterwards. Feels SO much better to have a clean space. I'm bound and determined to keep mine neat now LOL!

As for finding stamps you forgot you had - enjoy!! It's like getting them new all over again LOL!
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #1909
Stazon Splitcoast

Bugzi, glad to hear hubby made it through surgery okay. As for the invalid part, haven't met too many males that aren't that way. When my hubby gets a cold you'd think he was dying LOL! Men...glad they don't have to give birth to kids or we'd never hear the end of it LOL!

Hope your dog recovers quickly and your hubby as well. Also hope you can get some stamping therapy time after all the care giving!
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #1910
Stazon Splitcoast

Benzi: can't wait to see your new avatar taken by that snazzy new camera you have now! Have fun learning how to use it and look forward to seeing your pics with it
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #1911
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Our son and his wife couldn't be there for Thanksgiving so we're having a "Still Thankful" dinner this weekend. Don't know where everyone will sleep since the basement and downstairs bedroom are still torn apart. Haul out the sleeping bags I guess...
Love the "still thankful" theme! Think he'll put up with sleeping on the couch as a trade of for some good home cooked food by mom Here's hoping the basement gets done quickly!

Glad to hear your weather has finally turned around. We have had a glorious Fall out here and looks like it made it over the mountains too
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #1912
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Bugzi, so glad your hubby's surgery is behind him and hope he begins to improve in a fast manner. Your poor Coco had a nasty time in the accident, too. Hope he's on the mend.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #1913
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Marisa, unfortunately, I love salty things, too. LOL There aren't too many things I don't like. At the top of my 'foods I hate' list is celery. Yuck!!!!!!!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #1914
Full of Malarky

Bugzi - so glad to hear that your husband's surgery went well. I really hope he will heal up nicely now. Sorry to hear about your DH and dog getting rear - ended -and now Coco, your dog, having troubles. I sure hope Coco is doing better soon!

Keep us up to date. I have not heard from my friend as yet. She just had the surgery yesterday - and I think I'll wait a day or two before I try to see / phone her. They anticipate that she will be in hospital for 3 - 5 days -and she has 4 children as well as 3 grandsons - so I don't want to crowd her right now. On the other hand - some of kids and even her husband did not seem to be nearly as understanding as I would have expected. I';; let you know how she is as soon as I see/ speak with her.

Hugz everyone!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #1915
Full of Malarky

Hello Gals!! I think Dave and I are off for a date night to a movie!!Ohhh I've got three of the same house mouse images finished colouring -but I think Dave want's a date night! I think we are going to see Red - a spy caper with some golden oldies - Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Samuel Jackson -can't remember who else!!

Be good while I'm gone!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #1916
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Girlz,
Just checkin with you all~
Debzi, I won free tickets to see that movie, but too tired to go...it looked funny let me know if you liked.
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 10-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #1917
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Sue! Glad you stopped by to say hi!

Debzi, hope you two enjoyed the movie and your 'date'. My hubby and I just drove into the driveway from a football game and it is 3:05 a.m. Ugh Off to bed.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 10-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #1918
Full of Malarky

Quote:

Debzi, hope you two enjoyed the movie and your 'date'. My hubby and I just drove into the driveway from a football game and it is 3:05 a.m. Ugh Off to bed.

Yes! It was a fun action packed popcorn movie.It's 1:38 am here. Well - I got a card loaded up for stampinB!!!! Awk!!!!Sleep well, Benzi!!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #1919
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Marisa, unfortunately, I love salty things, too. LOL There aren't too many things I don't like. At the top of my 'foods I hate' list is celery. Yuck!!!!!!!
Love my veggies, but brussel sprouts are a tough to get down LOL!
My SCS Gallery
Old 10-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #1920
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You and Debzi and some big time night owls!! If I stay up that late it takes me a week to recover LOL! Have never been able to stay up late and/or get by on a low amount of sleep, body just doesn't function well if I do. Darn genes LOL!
Better you than me I say, but glad to hear you had a good time.
My SCS Gallery