Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #1761
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Ba-Ba-Ba-Benzi......men all week??? Really????? Just EXACTLY what were they doing....hmmmmmmmmm...
Kookzi, get OUT of that gutter. LOL
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #1762
Die Cut Diva

Pamzi - I am not up on all our PNZ comments here on the chat thread.....I'm sure I'm missing bunches of stuff. Just saw your contest idea and wanted to say, "Hear, hear!" That's a good start: cardstock and at least one punch. We can ALL manage that one!

Glad things are alright on the homefront right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
I'm heeeeeereeee Diz. Believe it or not, I made it to the thread. I think I've caught up on all da Punchkateer comments. I just hate to leave anyone out. I'm so darn LOYAL!!

I haven't had time to read through everything. I'm so sorry. But, since we've made it over 1000 in our gallery, I think we should do a contest.

Here are the RULES:

There's only TWO:

GET READY . . .

You have to use card stock
You have to use at least 1 punch/nestie.

Now, how much easier can it get than that I ask ya???? Isn't that the sickest idea for a challenge, but one I think we could all accomplish since we always have to use card stock and heaven forbid we don't use at least one punch!!

Things are a little better at home thank goodness. Must be all those prayers out there. But, it's always subject to change.

Hugz to you All and RYPH and TSTTM!!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #1763
Die Cut Diva

Lesley, I'm glad the wedding went well, and you didn't even miss stamping! So it MUST have been wonderful! We missed you though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Boy, have I missed a lot!!!! You gals had me laughing my fool head off here at work while reading all of the posts!!!! Toooo funny!!!!!!

I'm BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!! YAY!!!! The wedding was so beautiful and everything went really well! Noooo problemos!!! I got the slideshow done and it was a success!!! Even ex-hubby like it! That's saying a lot! We had the perfect weather, all of the muscle cars showed up, the photographer did a super job, the bride and groom were perfect as was the reception. We had such a good time! I didn't even miss making cards!!!!

But, now back to reality!!!! I have to catch up with Debzi on the commenting this month for Emzi! Whew....my wittle fingerz will be typing away!!!!!!!!!!

Love you all!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #1764
Die Cut Diva

Benzi, I am so happy that you won a badge you can put on your blog! Yippee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
I'm so excited...as Blondzi said on her blog, I have to toot my own horn. I won an award finally that I can put on my blog....so exciting. It is for a 'remarkables' card on the MMSC. Sooooooo exciting! My blog was looking very bare.

Where is Debzi..anyone know? I hope she is o.k. Haven't seen her on SCS in a while.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #1765
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Just a bit a news on my home front. My Son was hit on Tuesday night by a Semi-Truck-he is alright-car is probably totaled! I started an internship on Sept 14 in a Doctor's office which was to last for six weeks. It ended this morning...lol There was an altercation in the office yesterday morning between the Dr's Stepson and a front office employee-(yelling, pushing, and shoving). I was called in the bosses office and told he was on drugs and alcohol and that he was extremely violent and was going to hurt somebody. I was told not to make eye contact with him and if he did anything to me, I was to go to the Doctor to tell him!!! What???? Sheeesh! I sure could of used a bear to hug at that point in my day!!!lol I called the Department of Labor this morning to discuss this and they said I was by no means to go back there, they would call to get what they needed from them, and that they were being taken off the list from accepting any more interns. Just my luck I step into a hornet's nest right!!! Not meant to be!!! My husband wanted me to quit anyway so the Labor Department did it for me!!!

Now I have to check out this challenge we are having-Card stock and punches....not problemo!!!

Huggers
Bearzi
WOW Bearzi - I'm kind of in shock reading about all that's been going on with you. Glad you AND your son are okay!
Hugz,
Blondzi
Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #1766
Full of Malarky

Just rushing out to get my hair cut etc. I'm fine - just busy with appointments and such -and using my time unwisely - tsk tsk tsk to me!!

Chat with ya'll more later - but yes I am fine !!!

Gingerbeary - just had a quick peek at your awful happenings!! I'm so glad your son is okay!! And so glad you got out of that office!!

RYPH!!!! I will chat soon!! snugs! Debzi!!!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Old 09-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #1767
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
Just rushing out to get my hair cut etc. I'm fine - just busy with appointments and such -and using my time unwisely - tsk tsk tsk to me!!

Chat with ya'll more later - but yes I am fine !!!

Gingerbeary - just had a quick peek at your awful happenings!! I'm so glad your son is okay!! And so glad you got out of that office!!

RYPH!!!! I will chat soon!! snugs! Debzi!!!
Yea, our top brainiac is just fine! I was really worrying about you since we had not heard from you in a week or more. I say you ARE using your time unwisely if you are not on SCS. LOL
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-24-2010, 08:30 AM   #1768
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Izzy, I was just scanning back to see when the last time Debzi showed her face on here and I came across your mention of your faceplant in the Edmonton Mall...had a huge laugh. That had to be a thing. But, because it wasn't me, I can laugh. The last time I took a tumble like that I broke my wrist, right leg, and left foot. Talk about a clumz!
Oh yes indeedy, it was a thing. But, the grad dress I was carrying at the time survived without a mark! My glasses, on the other hand, did not. But I didn't break any bones!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #1769
Stazon Splitcoast

Bearzi! My word - I am so glad your son wasn't seriously injured! Too bad about the car but a tangle with a semi could have been so much worse! And your work situation!!!! So glad you were advised to get the heck out of Dodge!! The right job for you is out there and with some of your experiences you'll appreciate it even more when it finally happens! Hugz!

(And yes, I'll be sure to pack a few things with a bit of 'give', although instead of the elevators, I take the stairs everywhere on the ship and walk the Promenade Deck regularly - and it helps!)
Old 09-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #1770
Stazon Splitcoast

Kookzi - I FINALLY managed to get a QFTD13 card made in your honour. Love how it turned out and may have to make a few more like it when I get home. Thanks for the inspiration - sorry it took me so long! Hope you've enjoyed your 'post-wedding' week. We moved two weeks after our son's wedding so I didn't get any 'down time'! Any time you want to share pics of those muscle cars you mentioned I'm interested to see them!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #1771
Stazon Splitcoast

Blondzi - So good to see you here! Hope that the school routines are settling into place for you (and Emzi too!). I'll try and pop by the blog(s) and see if you have some updates there. I'm not so good at commenting on blogs galz, but I do pop by when I get a chance.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #1772
Stazon Splitcoast

Debzi!! So good to 'see' you and know that you've not 'fallen' into some great void out there.... Bet you look stylin' since your trip to the salon! Snugz to you too!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #1773
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Izzy, your basement and your computer are going to drive you crazy. I have had men here all week doing one thing or another. Ugh! I just need some peace and quiet. I can imagine you surely do, too. You're really going to need a vacation and I'm sure it can't come fast enough.
I LOVED that schnauzer punch art you did...just the cutest!!! So, it seems to me you have quite a few punches in order to do that card and you probably won't need any from me after all. Yea, I'm off the hook!
Thanks for the sweet comment on the Schnauzer punch art. It was fun - Gotta get it in today's mail!
As for you being 'off the hook' - I think not!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #1774
Stazon Splitcoast

Pamzi - I've uploaded 4 cards since you issued your challenge and all of them used cardstock and AT LEAST one punch. Do I win the prize? Wait, is there a prize?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #1775
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

This is what happens when Wesley decided to be in a "Crash Dummie" test! lol

This is the test subject....who do you think won??? lol
Old 09-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #1776
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my! Methinks it's pretty clear who didn't win! Yikes! So glad he's OK!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #1777
Stazon Splitcoast

Wowzers, Bearzi!!! SO glad to hear there were no injuries (other than the car!). I hit a snow plow on the way up to Whistler in a snow storm one winter about 20 years ago and those big trucks have a way of winning any encounter!!! My car was a write off and I had just finished paying it off - Murphy's Law. What made me reeeeeeeally mad was when I heard the driver jump out of the plow and say "yeah, I get to go home early tonite". Needless to say, I was just about to give him a little detour via Emergency before he went home!

That doctor's office was a good one to get out of - goodness!!! Glad you called Labour Office and they not only got you out of there but also put them on the do not send list! My word!!
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #1778
Stazon Splitcoast

Izzy: Okay....not one, but two trips to Vancouver and not a visit....sniff, sniff.....! Think you need to leave hubby on the boat colouring a few more images so Debzi and I can meet you for coffee downtown! Either that or we will bind and gag him for an hour or so while we chat with a promise of prompt release if he doesn't struggle LOL!

Sorry to miss you yet again. Thinking of some penance that may need to be paid to us two Vancouver gals LOL!
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #1779
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
Izzy: Okay....not one, but two trips to Vancouver and not a visit....sniff, sniff.....! Think you need to leave hubby on the boat colouring a few more images so Debzi and I can meet you for coffee downtown! Either that or we will bind and gag him for an hour or so while we chat with a promise of prompt release if he doesn't struggle LOL!

Sorry to miss you yet again. Thinking of some penance that may need to be paid to us two Vancouver gals LOL!
And didn't I know I'd be in big trouble as I typed that bit about departing from Vancouver.... Pretty sure DH would protest the idea of being bound and gagged so we could chat... Don't want him leaving me ashore!!! Maybe I should talk to him!!! Or warn him!!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #1780
Stazon Splitcoast

Sailing, sailing, over the ocean blue...
Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #1781
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Sailing, sailing, over the ocean blue...

Good for you, my friend! Enjoy!!!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #1782
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Punchkateerz!!

I've been checking in the past week to keep up on all the chatter here, but haven't had much time (or energy, quite honestly) to join in the chatter. Just know that I've been thinking of all of you!

Izzy mentioned having made cards for Pamzi's PNZ challenge. I have been horribly remiss about keeping up with commenting in the PNZ gallery in the past week (again--no energy), but I hope to rectify that today or tomorrow (depending on those energy issues) and see what all of you have made to celebrate our 1000+ posts to our PNZ gallery!!

I did manage to find a tiny bit of energy on Sunday to make some cards (finally!) and one of them is for the PNZ challenge!! If you are interested, you can see it here:

Jack-o-Lantern Patch

Who all is getting rain today????
Old 09-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #1783
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm not getting rain. Would be nice, though. I'm afraid I don't know much about the pnz challenge. When is this supposed to be posted? I've just had a terrible two days and need to do some things around the house.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #1784
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm not getting rain. Would be nice, though. I'm afraid I don't know much about the pnz challenge. When is this supposed to be posted? I've just had a terrible two days and need to do some things around the house.
Oh, not to worry Benzi. This group is all about "nothing". Nothing required, nothing expected. I kind of made a joke to make it easy - cardstock and at least one punch. I think most of our cards qualify for that one. See, it doesn't get much simpler. On top of that, Ta Da, there is NO DEADLINE. Now, where can you find a challenge more simple than that?

Who can handle all that right now? Seems we are all busy.

Hugz
pamz
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #1785
Stazon Splitcoast

P.S. I received an e-mail from Debzi as some of you may have. Poor Debz, she has her hands full in so many ways. I really miss all the fun I had with her, but I haven't had much time to have fun either. We need to have an online Punchkateer Party. BYOB, or in our case, BYOP - punchez - get it?????
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #1786
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
Hi Punchkateerz!!

I've been checking in the past week to keep up on all the chatter here, but haven't had much time (or energy, quite honestly) to join in the chatter. Just know that I've been thinking of all of you!

Izzy mentioned having made cards for Pamzi's PNZ challenge. I have been horribly remiss about keeping up with commenting in the PNZ gallery in the past week (again--no energy), but I hope to rectify that today or tomorrow (depending on those energy issues) and see what all of you have made to celebrate our 1000+ posts to our PNZ gallery!!

I did manage to find a tiny bit of energy on Sunday to make some cards (finally!) and one of them is for the PNZ challenge!! If you are interested, you can see it here:

Jack-o-Lantern Patch

Who all is getting rain today????
OMG Emzi, I love it!! I'll comment on it when I get back to the pnz gallery. Hey, I think we were going to also put in our keywords, PNZC1. (PNZ Challenge 1) What do ya'll think? Or should we just leave it on our pnz gallery?

I'm so proud of you Emzi. I think you are the 1st to do a challenge for us. There are no deadlines or pressure. It's just for fun. I mean how much more simple can it get than cardstock and one punch?

Hugz
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #1787
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Oh, not to worry Benzi. This group is all about "nothing". Nothing required, nothing expected. I kind of made a joke to make it easy - cardstock and at least one punch. I think most of our cards qualify for that one. See, it doesn't get much simpler. On top of that, Ta Da, there is NO DEADLINE. Now, where can you find a challenge more simple than that?

Who can handle all that right now? Seems we are all busy.

Hugz
pamz
Whew! I need something easy! Do you mean NO cardstock or just whatever?
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #1788
Stazon Splitcoast

Woo Hoo Punchkateerz over 1000. Pretty soon we will surpass Debzi's IQ of 9999. Guess we'll have to can her then!! LOL!! We'd nevah get rid of our BrainTrust!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #1789
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I like the online party idea.....Izzy will claim she has no punches to bring because I haven't seen her any.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #1790
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Whew! I need something easy! Do you mean NO cardstock or just whatever?
Just use of cardstock even if it's just the main part of the card. You can use dp if you like. See, it's almost comical. Poor Emzi, I think she thought we had to use just cardstock. Sorry if I messed you up Emzi. But, I am the Fruitflake of zee bunch! In other words, any card would qualify cuz we all use cardstock for the card and only 1 punch/nestie/paperpiercing required!! How EASY is that?????? Only The Fruitflakezi could come up with this ridiculous challenge!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #1791
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I like the online party idea.....Izzy will claim she has no punches to bring because I haven't seen her any.
Yeah, Diz is galavanting around again. I do believe she must be a billionaire like you cuz she'z alwayz traveling. She claimz she izn't alwayz traveling, but we all know she iz. Saving all zee punchez for herself. You and Diz should get together and find out who has more billions!!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #1792
Stazon Splitcoast

I noticed Quiltz hasn't been around much, so I pm'd her. She's been super busy, but should be back in zee swing of thingz shortly. Oh, where oh where have us Punchkateerz gone, including me. Life is so darn busy.
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #1793
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to BYOB only cuz I can't trust all of you won't try to steal my punchez, especially that billionairess whose name starts with a "B"!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #1794
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post

This is what happens when Wesley decided to be in a "Crash Dummie" test! lol

This is the test subject....who do you think won??? lol
Whatz up with that Bearz, image deleted or moved?
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #1795
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, I would hate to see the Tooty Fruity after an all night BYOB party.

I was just wondering about Quiltzi and poor Debzi...the punchiez are all having a hard time.

I'll see what kind of Tooty Fruity challenge card I can come up with. Let us know what the keyword should be. I don't feel like making any decisions.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #1796
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh no, Bearzi is among the missing...call out the National Guard.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #1797
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
OMG Emzi, I love it!! I'll comment on it when I get back to the pnz gallery. Hey, I think we were going to also put in our keywords, PNZC1. (PNZ Challenge 1) What do ya'll think? Or should we just leave it on our pnz gallery?

I'm so proud of you Emzi. I think you are the 1st to do a challenge for us. There are no deadlines or pressure. It's just for fun. I mean how much more simple can it get than cardstock and one punch?

Hugz
OK, I added "PNZC1" as a keyword to my card.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #1798
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Just use of cardstock even if it's just the main part of the card. You can use dp if you like. See, it's almost comical. Poor Emzi, I think she thought we had to use just cardstock. Sorry if I messed you up Emzi. But, I am the Fruitflake of zee bunch! In other words, any card would qualify cuz we all use cardstock for the card and only 1 punch/nestie/paperpiercing required!! How EASY is that?????? Only The Fruitflakezi could come up with this ridiculous challenge!
Nah, there was no "messing me up" involved--I just like a challenge and had to make your challenge more challenging!! LOL! No, really, I just made my card and realized afterward that all I'd used was CS and no DP and thought, "Hey, look at me! Not only did I use cardstock as required, but that's ALL I used!"

But really, I just love this challenge, Pamzi. The simplicity of it is GENIUS!!! Everybody can play along. I think you have given our resident Brain Trust a run for her money with this one.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #1799
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
OK, I added "PNZC1" as a keyword to my card.
Okay Emzi, PNZC1 is IT. Did ya hear that Benzalina. Can you get that straight???? If not, have one of your hired hands keep a handle on it will ya!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #1800
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Nah, there was no "messing me up" involved--I just like a challenge and had to make your challenge more challenging!! LOL! No, really, I just made my card and realized afterward that all I'd used was CS and no DP and thought, "Hey, look at me! Not only did I use cardstock as required, but that's ALL I used!"

But really, I just love this challenge, Pamzi. The simplicity of it is GENIUS!!! Everybody can play along. I think you have given our resident Brain Trust a run for her money with this one.
Whew, Emzi, I thought I messed you up big time. Only The Fruitflakezi could come up with a challenge this stupid and simple. Gosh, I hope Debzi never comes up with a challenge. With her 9999 IQ, she may make us use measurements for our cards and everything. We may even have to count every paper pierce too. She's a tough one that girl is!! Almost any card we make could be a PNZC1 don't ya think? That's why no pressure and no deadline.

You all are GREAT and I've missed you so much. I'll be on and off as usual, but wanted to say how much I enjoy you all and thanks for your prayers and encouragement!!
FS149, QFTD44