Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #1721
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Debzi - such trials! It'z so not a good thing for youngsters like us to fall. I knowz that fer a fact! It was 2 yearz in May since I did my faceplant heading into West Edmonton Mall. I waz oh so graceful as I lay there on the sidewalk in stun mode. My DD (she was 18 at the time) was so happy she had run ahead into the mall and missed seeing it happen. But I still have numbness in 3 fingerz on my right hand - I can use them like a barometer when the weather is going to change! Yup, stay upright - it'z better fer ya!

Kookzi - is this coming weekend the wedding?!? Hope it all goes perfectly - enjoy the day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #1722
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
Happy Birthday kinda late Pamzi!!!! Your card is in the mail!!!!

Well, you knowz I fracture my wrist and foot last fall - Oct 28 , to be precise. Well, today I saw the orthopedic surgeon because I have been having some pain and pins and needles and what notin my wrist, fingers, elbow . So he thinks I most likely have a compressed nerve up by my elbow.... sigh!!!!So eventually I am to see a neurogist and he / she will see check nerve function and then they will decide whether I need surgery . I'm not sold on the surgery as yet - - I loathe being put out - it scares me to death!!! Plus - those doctors seem to do more harm than good at times!!

I asked the doctor -what if I just leave it as is? He said the concern is that my hand will grow weaker and weaker - and showed me an area of my left hand which is smaller than my right hand -and he said - right there you have some muscle wasting going on. Sigh.

As for my lip - well - I have not heard the results but I haven't called the office yer either. I'll do that in the next day or two. I guess the doctor did hit a nerve. It's interesting that the inside of my mouth where he did the incision feels fine now -but it's on the outside on my lip and a line below my lip that I feel the pins and needles feeling and a bit of burning sensation. Well - done's done -and I think it will get better over time.

On the plus side - my SU order came today!!!!

I had ordered the French foliage set and the fireside Christmas set and some ribbon.

Oh yeah - the orthopedic surgeon said I should sleep with a brace on my wrist - the kind that folks with carpel tunnel have - however - just my luck - the x - small was a bit too tight - but they are ordering in a small sized brace for me - tommorow it will be in. I'm just supposed to wear it at night so my wrist/ elbow is less troubled. Don't ask me!!!

I might as well just get a sign - old lady in 49 year old body .
Thanks for the b-day wishes from you and my fellow Punchkateerz. You all are da greatest!!

Debz, I'm so sorry to hear about all your physical problems. We already know about your mental ones - LOL!! I just have to stop that bad behavior during a really serious time. I truly hope they can get your 49-year old body back in shape eventually. It must be horrible. My prayers are with you girlie with the 9999 IQ.

Hugs
Fruitflakezi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #1723
Stazon Splitcoast

MamaRitzi - glad you enjoyed listening to the Lip Song. I get such a kick out of those Silly Songs. Anything that makes me smile. My fave is the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. Miss having kids young enough to watch 'em! Glad to know that your Verve order finally made it through customs. Mine was here within two weeks - you must have been getting terribly frustrated! Which sets did you order? I must admit I was very self-indulgent and I ordered the entire release. I don't think I've ever fallen for a release like the most recent one - every set is wonderful. Now, to find some time to make some cards before we leave! 10 days until we head out! Chocolate truffles are in my future...

Blondzi & Emzi - I remember SS Rally Day as a kid - we were presented with a pin for 'perfect' (or near-perfect) attendance for the previous year. I think I had 11 bars on my pin. Still have it somewhere... I started teaching SS at 15 or 16 and other than a few years when I was first married taught until about 5 years ago. Now I prepare the PowerPoint and EasyWorship presentations for the overhead projector for Sunday worship services.

Wet and dreary here today. And COLD! High of 4C (39F) predicted for today. And a low of -4C (26F) --> ugh! We totally skipped summer in this neck of the woods.

We are waiting for someone to come and measure for new carpets downstairs tomorrow. And we await someone to do the drywall repairs. No date on that though. Sure hopin' it'll all be done by Christmas! Insurance repair work is a sloooooooooooooow process!

I see we passed the 1000 mark on PNZ card uploads. Bring on the challenges girls!

Hope all is well. Raise Yer Punchez High! (or send them to me!)
Old 09-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #1724
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh - Pamzi, if you do drop by, please rest assured that I'm still on the lookout for yer marblez...
Old 09-17-2010, 06:12 AM   #1725
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Woo Hoo Punchiez, haven't checked in for a week or so. I guess this is Kookzi's wedding week? Anyone know? Izzy, your weather is a bummer....no summer to speak of....that would make me so and . Oh, these smilies are as good as invisible ink.
Not much happening here so I'm off to do something to the house...maybe dust.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 09-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #1726
Stazon Splitcoast

Debzi: Sorry to hear about all the goings on in the old body. Not fun!! Though I must say I did enjoy listening to the Silly Songs Lip Song Izzy mentioned. You are going to become the bionic woman soon! Replaced parts and then you are in hyperspeed mode -just think of all the stamping you can get done

Izzy: Heard there was snow in the AB foothills today - oh my!! That is why I put up with the rain out here on the West Coast! Glad to hear you are getting measurements for carpets. Hopefully the dry wall guys come quickly so you will be good to go for Christmas. As for the cruise - enjoy!! Maybe you can ship a truffle to each of us Punchkateers as penance for such indulgence without us LOL!

Kookzi: We are all thinking of you as you do the final preps for the wedding! If it is this weekend do some serious butt dancing in your wonderful outfit for me, okay

Benzi: If you don't have much going on you can come to my house and help me clean LOL!

Pamzi: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HUGE (((hugzzzzz)))

Colleen: Thanks again for the great picture of Tigger. Made me smile all day and still does. He is sooooo cute.

Gotta run. Have a great weekend ladies
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #1727
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Woo Hoo Punchiez, haven't checked in for a week or so. I guess this is Kookzi's wedding week? Anyone know? Izzy, your weather is a bummer....no summer to speak of....that would make me so and . Oh, these smilies are as good as invisible ink.
Not much happening here so I'm off to do something to the house...maybe dust.
Tell me dear Benzi, what is this "dust" thing of which you speak? It sounds like it is something you do to your house?!? Do you sprout sweet fairy wings and scatter fairy dust in each room to bring good luck? Tell me do! It sounds so very intriguing!

I do think this the wedding weekend for Kookzi. Hopefully we'll get a full report next week.

It is stinkin' cold here today. The leaves are dropping so fast from our trees that it looks like it's raining big yellow leaves (sadly we don't get the beautiful red colours here that I enjoyed so much last year in the Eastern States). Last year Sept 16 was the hottest day of our summer, this year it was the coldest (so far). But, in a week we begin our quest for warmer weather...we can hardly wait!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:07 AM   #1728
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Tell me dear Benzi, what is this "dust" thing of which you speak? It sounds like it is something you do to your house?!? Do you sprout sweet fairy wings and scatter fairy dust in each room to bring good luck? Tell me do! It sounds so very intriguing!

I do think this the wedding weekend for Kookzi. Hopefully we'll get a full report next week.

It is stinkin' cold here today. The leaves are dropping so fast from our trees that it looks like it's raining big yellow leaves (sadly we don't get the beautiful red colours here that I enjoyed so much last year in the Eastern States). Last year Sept 16 was the hottest day of our summer, this year it was the coldest (so far). But, in a week we begin our quest for warmer weather...we can hardly wait!
Izzy, no fairies involved, just bunnies.

I'm on my way out of town again this morning...no ballgame, though. Going to see my little munchkins. What fun!!!
Be back tonight...no long trip.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #1729
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Izzy, no fairies involved, just bunnies.

I'm on my way out of town again this morning...no ballgame, though. Going to see my little munchkins. What fun!!!
Be back tonight...no long trip.
Now, enlighten me, would those really be "just bunnies" or are they the infamous "Dust Bunnies"? The latter populate my house in alarming numbers.

Hope you enjoyed your day with da munchkins!!

Punchiez Secretary Bugzi has been quite the enabler today. Commented on a couple of cardz in her gallery and the next thing ya know, I'm shoppin'!

Pretty quiet around here... Hope y'all pop in soon!
Old 09-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #1730
Stazon Splitcoast

Hellooooo, anybody out there....? Where have all the Punchiez gone? Miss hearin' from ya.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #1731
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hellooooo, anybody out there....? Where have all the Punchiez gone? Miss hearin' from ya.
I'm heeeeeereeee Diz. Believe it or not, I made it to the thread. I think I've caught up on all da Punchkateer comments. I just hate to leave anyone out. I'm so darn LOYAL!!

I haven't had time to read through everything. I'm so sorry. But, since we've made it over 1000 in our gallery, I think we should do a contest.

Here are the RULES:

There's only TWO:

GET READY . . .

You have to use card stock
You have to use at least 1 punch/nestie.

Now, how much easier can it get than that I ask ya???? Isn't that the sickest idea for a challenge, but one I think we could all accomplish since we always have to use card stock and heaven forbid we don't use at least one punch!!

Things are a little better at home thank goodness. Must be all those prayers out there. But, it's always subject to change.

Hugz to you All and RYPH and TSTTM!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #1732
Stazon Splitcoast

We can call the challenge - PNZ Challenge for Dummies!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #1733
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
Debzi: Sorry to hear about all the goings on in the old body. Not fun!! Though I must say I did enjoy listening to the Silly Songs Lip Song Izzy mentioned. You are going to become the bionic woman soon! Replaced parts and then you are in hyperspeed mode -just think of all the stamping you can get done

Izzy: Heard there was snow in the AB foothills today - oh my!! That is why I put up with the rain out here on the West Coast! Glad to hear you are getting measurements for carpets. Hopefully the dry wall guys come quickly so you will be good to go for Christmas. As for the cruise - enjoy!! Maybe you can ship a truffle to each of us Punchkateers as penance for such indulgence without us LOL!

Kookzi: We are all thinking of you as you do the final preps for the wedding! If it is this weekend do some serious butt dancing in your wonderful outfit for me, okay

Benzi: If you don't have much going on you can come to my house and help me clean LOL!

Pamzi: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HUGE (((hugzzzzz)))

Colleen: Thanks again for the great picture of Tigger. Made me smile all day and still does. He is sooooo cute.

Gotta run. Have a great weekend ladies
Thanks for the b-day wishes Ritz!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #1734
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Now, enlighten me, would those really be "just bunnies" or are they the infamous "Dust Bunnies"? The latter populate my house in alarming numbers.

Punchiez Secretary Bugzi has been quite the enabler today. Commented on a couple of cardz in her gallery and the next thing ya know, I'm shoppin'!

I know what you mean Diz, that Bugzi is trying to get us to spend all our money on embossing folders so she can get ahead of us using zee punchez. It's her MAD and TWISTED plan!! But, she'z our secretary, so what will be will be. BE STRONG AND LET THE FORCE BE WITH YOU DIZ!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #1735
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking to myself again . . . but, at least I got to put in a few lines!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #1736
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

They're the real DUST BUNNIES, Izzy!!!!!!! There just isn't much life in the punchiez in the last few days. I guess we are all busy or just have nothing to chat about. Let's see, I went to see my babies yesterday, got in some kissy, kissy, cuddle time. Came home, went to church this morning, made a card today, went to Wal-Mart and back to church tonight. Made a few comments and that is it.
Hey, Pamzi...good to see you here. Glad things are better for the moment.
I hope Debzi is o.k. as she usually shows up on here a lot and I haven't seen her around lately.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #1737
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Talking to myself again . . . but, at least I got to put in a few lines!
Sorry to have missed ya Fruitflakezi! A person has to eat though and it was suppertime here. I should really be fasting for the next while! It's just a week now until we leave and on the ship you could eat all day if you wanted to. We'll have to pace ourselves or they'll have to roll us off the ship in San Diego at the end of the cruise.

Glad to hear the last few days have been a bit better for you... Hugz & prayerz and still lookin' fer those marblez you lost.

So, a PNZ Challenge using cardstock and a punch. I'll have to see what I can come up with!!

Hey there Benzi - I see you've checked in since I started my reply... Wound up chatting with DD about a photography project she has to do and got sidetracked. I haven't set foot outside since I got home from church this morning - so COLD and WET! And the gas is disconnected at church right now because of our building project so it was a chilly service. We should have been singing camp songs with actions today! I ran the overhead projector today as the teens that usually do it were all away - the projector casts a nice warm airflow so it was the best seat in the church! I'm off to build a card. We built a new desk for my "Rubber Room" on Thursday and I spent last night tidying the aftermath! Hope I can remember where I put stuff!

Hugz to all... RYPH!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #1738
Stazon Splitcoast

Boy, have I missed a lot!!!! You gals had me laughing my fool head off here at work while reading all of the posts!!!! Toooo funny!!!!!!

I'm BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!! YAY!!!! The wedding was so beautiful and everything went really well! Noooo problemos!!! I got the slideshow done and it was a success!!! Even ex-hubby like it! That's saying a lot! We had the perfect weather, all of the muscle cars showed up, the photographer did a super job, the bride and groom were perfect as was the reception. We had such a good time! I didn't even miss making cards!!!!

But, now back to reality!!!! I have to catch up with Debzi on the commenting this month for Emzi! Whew....my wittle fingerz will be typing away!!!!!!!!!!

Love you all!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #1739
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey, Kookzi! You and your fun self have certainly been missed. Muscle cars, huh? You're going to have to post a pic of the wedding. Maybe you can relax a bit now...weddings are hard on a mom, although a lot of fun at the same time. Glad you're back!!!!!! It has been quite on the Punchkateer site for a bit. We're wondering where everyone could be.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #1740
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Boy, have I missed a lot!!!! You gals had me laughing my fool head off here at work while reading all of the posts!!!! Toooo funny!!!!!!

I'm BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!! YAY!!!! The wedding was so beautiful and everything went really well! Noooo problemos!!! I got the slideshow done and it was a success!!! Even ex-hubby like it! That's saying a lot! We had the perfect weather, all of the muscle cars showed up, the photographer did a super job, the bride and groom were perfect as was the reception. We had such a good time! I didn't even miss making cards!!!!

But, now back to reality!!!! I have to catch up with Debzi on the commenting this month for Emzi! Whew....my wittle fingerz will be typing away!!!!!!!!!!

Love you all!
I've missed you Kookz. It just wasn't as kookzi without you!! Glad the wedding went well. Hope to see some uploads when you can.
Hugs
pam
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #1741
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Love you all!
Would you get that rubber room finished and under control - I'm SO TIRED of waiting for it to be done. Guess with all your worldwide traveling, you can only have it worked on a little at a time. Are you a billionaire like Benzi claims to be too???
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #1742
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
They're the real DUST BUNNIES, Izzy!!!!!!! There just isn't much life in the punchiez in the last few days. I guess we are all busy or just have nothing to chat about. Let's see, I went to see my babies yesterday, got in some kissy, kissy, cuddle time. Came home, went to church this morning, made a card today, went to Wal-Mart and back to church tonight. Made a few comments and that is it.
Hey, Pamzi...good to see you here. Glad things are better for the moment.
I hope Debzi is o.k. as she usually shows up on here a lot and I haven't seen her around lately.
This just in . . . Debzi is resting her 9999 IQ b/f she can come back on line. This also just in . . . I hope she's okay. Let me know if ya hear from her.
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #1743
Stazon Splitcoast

Dust bunnies on punchez - well, I NEVAH!!!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #1744
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking, Talking, Talking to meeself again. Guess I haven't found my marblez after all Diz!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #1745
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Would you get that rubber room finished and under control - I'm SO TIRED of waiting for it to be done. Guess with all your worldwide traveling, you can only have it worked on a little at a time. Are you a billionaire like Benzi claims to be too???
So was this for Kookzi or were you actually meaning to berate me? Poor Kookzi, just back from the wedding - you can't be mean to her yet! And yes, the Rubber Room is slowly reaching its full potential. But, with all the time spent in the basement lately, things have slowed down. But, at the moment, it's tidy!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #1746
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Love you all!
So, so glad the wedding was so beautiful! Also happy to hear the slideshow was a success - I've been thinkin' 'bout ya! So glad the photographer did a great job too - our youngest is considering including wedding photography in her future business - kinda scares me! And, as Ba-ba-ba-Benzi said, post some pics for us so we can share your excitement!

Perhaps all that commenting over on Emzi's thread is where all the Punchiez have been spending their time! Our internet connection has been so hit and miss I haven't tried to keep track of comments. I'm bad enough about finding time to actually comment without trying to keep track of them! But kudos to those who are - it would be fun if some of the Punchiez were to win a prize from Emzi!

My computer is still struggling - my Internet Explorer program stopped loading properly and attempts to reinstall it completely failed. I get more error messages than a horse has hairs. I finally had a brilliant moment to install a different browser - and it worked. And, now that I'm getting used to it, I think I quite like Mozilla Firefox! So, when our internet connection is actually working, I can now use my desktop. And some techie from our service provider helped get our wireless connection working again this morning so the laptop will connect again too. At least for now. We'll have to decide what to do when we get home.

Later Punchiez. Gotta get some things off my "To-Do" list. Running out of days... Yippee-skippie! 6 more sleeps!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #1747
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everybody!!

WELCOME BACK, Kookzi!!! Sounds like the wedding was simply lovely. I'm so glad that all of you had such a marvelous time. And I'm glad you are back to chatting in the PNZ thread AND to commenting over in my commenting contest. You Punchiez are just tearing up that contest!! Wow!! I'm gonna have to give out a BUNCH of prizes

Glad things are going better, Pamzi!!! Keep up the good work on the homefront

Hey, Izzy, you must be beside yourself with excitement over your cruise. You said you'd be returning through San Diego (where they'll have to roll you off the boat after nonstop eating for the duration of the cruise!!!). Is that where you'll sail from, too?? Have fun packing

And isn't that sweet that Benzi gets kissy, kissy time with her grandbabies???

Got lots of cardmaking and related activities done today; not so much with the freelance work I should have been doing. Luckily, supper will be reheating leftover enchiladas made yesterday, so I have an hour or so left here while DH mows the yard before I have to do anything for supper. DS and DD are outside playing, so I think this may be my chance to be productive (at least for a bit).

So fun to see all of the activity in the PNZ thread here today . . . gotta go do some REAL work now!!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #1748
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies

Kookzi: Did you wow them at the reception with your Punchkateer butt dance??!!! Hope so Glad to hear all went well.

Izzy: You are moving right along on that rubber room! How much fun will you have and what beauties you will be creating. How many more sleeps until you sail??

Pamzi: Sorry I missed you. Glad to hear your week has started of nicely and may it continue through that way! Was great to see you commenting on the thread (((Hugs)))

Benzi: Nothing beats cuddle time with little ones Glad you got your grandma fix for a few days.

I survived the Grouse Grind today!! Debzi will know about it. My DD's class did it today and I forgot how steep that sucker is! It's a 900 meter vertical rise over 2.7 kilometers (for my American friends 900 yards of vertical rise and 2 miles) of trail. Grouse Mountain is a local ski hill and thankfully you can only see the Gondola line from one area on the way up LOL! Didn't help that it was raining quite hard for a good part of the climb. Nothing like walking through streams of water coming down the trail LOL!

My poor, non athletic girl had a heck of a time with it so I'm glad I went along as a parent helper. We came in dead last, but she did it and I'm so proud of her. Had to laugh when she said "If Daddy paid me $100 I don't think I'd do it again". Poor thing...it just about killed her. I, on the other hand, was quite happy with our slow pace LOL!
First boy up did it in 44 minutes!! Insane! Average good time is and hour and 15 minutes. Many can do it in 45 minutes and a new record was set this summer - a blistering 24 minutes!!! Guy basically ran up the steep trail!!! More power to him, not in my life time. Will have to wait and see what part(s) of the body will be speaking to me tomorrow LOL!

Gotta run and get dinner ready. Bye for now!
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #1749
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my gosh, Ritzi....so glad you're still alive and kicking today. Well, maybe not kicking but still with us. That sounds like quite a feat even if you were dead last. I'm sure it was so much fun to do that with your daughter. Hey, I would do that for $100, too. Be able to get a punch or two with that. LOL

I'm so excited...as Blondzi said on her blog, I have to toot my own horn. I won an award finally that I can put on my blog....so exciting. It is for a 'remarkables' card on the MMSC. Sooooooo exciting! My blog was looking very bare.

Where is Debzi..anyone know? I hope she is o.k. Haven't seen her on SCS in a while.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-21-2010, 06:35 AM   #1750
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy, between your basement and computer, life has not been good to you. Hey, we want a full accounting of how much weight you gain on this trip. That should keep your eating to a minimum. LOL
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #1751
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh my gosh, Ritzi....so glad you're still alive and kicking today. Well, maybe not kicking but still with us. That sounds like quite a feat even if you were dead last. I'm sure it was so much fun to do that with your daughter. Hey, I would do that for $100, too. Be able to get a punch or two with that. LOL

I'm so excited...as Blondzi said on her blog, I have to toot my own horn. I won an award finally that I can put on my blog....so exciting. It is for a 'remarkables' card on the MMSC. Sooooooo exciting! My blog was looking very bare.

Where is Debzi..anyone know? I hope she is o.k. Haven't seen her on SCS in a while.
Oh I'm very alive and still kicking LOL! NO sore muscles at all so the old body isn't in that bad a shape. Would love to give the Grind a go on my own to see what my time would be. Maybe next summer. If not, I get to do it again when my son is in Grade 7 LOL!

Congrats on your MMSC award!! You go girl and display it proudly
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #1752
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Congrats on the blog award Benzi! I'll have to reset all my links to all the Punchiez' blogs. Lost all my shortcuts and bookmarks to my favorite sites when my computer crashed and just haven't had time to relink everything.

Hope I didn't scare Debzi off with that lip song - don't think I've seen her here since then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
Hey, Izzy, you must be beside yourself with excitement over your cruise. You said you'd be returning through San Diego (where they'll have to roll you off the boat after nonstop eating for the duration of the cruise!!!). Is that where you'll sail from, too?? Have fun packing

So fun to see all of the activity in the PNZ thread here today . . . gotta go do some REAL work now!!
We actually sail out of Vancouver (and if we weren't there for such a short time, trust me, I'd be trying to arrange a meet-up with MamaRitzi and/or Debzi)! The ship docks at 7am Monday morning and DH will want to be among the first to board! I think we can board at noon. Yes, we are getting excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
Oh I'm very alive and still kicking LOL! NO sore muscles at all so the old body isn't in that bad a shape. Would love to give the Grind a go on my own to see what my time would be. Maybe next summer. If not, I get to do it again when my son is in Grade 7 LOL!
Glad you've survived the "Grind" without aches and pains. Must be all that swimming you did in the summer! Just my daily 'grind' makes my body ache some days!

Just found out today that the guy who was our contact with the restoration company no longer works for them! Guess we'll have to start being "the wheel that does the squeaking" with the insurance company if we hope to get things completed in the basement before Christmas! Aaarggh! (Did you know that last Sunday was "Talk Like a Pirate Day"?)

DH has his MRI tomorrow. While in Red Deer for that, we have an appointment to choose the replacement carpeting. Can't install it until the drywall and mudding are done and that's what our contact was supposed to be arranging... Aaarggh!!

Don't forget Pamzi's 1000 upload challenge Punchiez - use cardstock and a punch. If my internet connection works for long enough to actually upload a card I'll try and get something up for that today! Were Blondzi and Quiltzi still coming up with challenges for that...

Catch you later... RYPH!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #1753
Stazon Splitcoast

We have blue skies today and the sun is SHINING! Haven't seen that combination for days! Just had to share...
Old 09-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #1754
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
We have blue skies today and the sun is SHINING! Haven't seen that combination for days! Just had to share...
Yep, we have blue skies, too. Plus, yesterday and the day before it was 100 degrees. It was a record for that date yesterday. And, no rain in forever. I am having to water, water, water.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #1755
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy, your basement and your computer are going to drive you crazy. I have had men here all week doing one thing or another. Ugh! I just need some peace and quiet. I can imagine you surely do, too. You're really going to need a vacation and I'm sure it can't come fast enough.
I LOVED that schnauzer punch art you did...just the cutest!!! So, it seems to me you have quite a few punches in order to do that card and you probably won't need any from me after all. Yea, I'm off the hook!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #1756
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Izzy, I was just scanning back to see when the last time Debzi showed her face on here and I came across your mention of your faceplant in the Edmonton Mall...had a huge laugh. That had to be a thing. But, because it wasn't me, I can laugh. The last time I took a tumble like that I broke my wrist, right leg, and left foot. Talk about a clumz!

It is been a week since Debz has been here. Maybe she is taking a break from us. Hope she is o.k.

Got to go to choir. Toodles.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #1757
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Holy Smokes Ladies I have missed a bunch!!!
Debzi-Sorry to hear about your medical problems-prayers are going out to you!!!
Izzy-Make sure to pack a size bigger clothes for getting off the ship-My neighbor said they ate so much on a cruise that the clothes they tried to wear off the ship did not fit!!! hahahaha
Pamzi-hope things are going well for you now!
Kookzi-a muscle car wedding would be just up my boys alley-must have been so cool
Benzi-Congrats on the MMSC Remarkables!

Just a bit a news on my home front. My Son was hit on Tuesday night by a Semi-Truck-he is alright-car is probably totaled! I started an internship on Sept 14 in a Doctor's office which was to last for six weeks. It ended this morning...lol There was an altercation in the office yesterday morning between the Dr's Stepson and a front office employee-(yelling, pushing, and shoving). I was called in the bosses office and told he was on drugs and alcohol and that he was extremely violent and was going to hurt somebody. I was told not to make eye contact with him and if he did anything to me, I was to go to the Doctor to tell him!!! What???? Sheeesh! I sure could of used a bear to hug at that point in my day!!!lol I called the Department of Labor this morning to discuss this and they said I was by no means to go back there, they would call to get what they needed from them, and that they were being taken off the list from accepting any more interns. Just my luck I step into a hornet's nest right!!! Not meant to be!!! My husband wanted me to quit anyway so the Labor Department did it for me!!!

Now I have to check out this challenge we are having-Card stock and punches....not problemo!!!

Huggers
Bearzi
Old 09-23-2010, 06:41 AM   #1758
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

OMG, Bearzi...! Ooh, I'm so glad your son is o.k. I am sure that scared you to death almost.
Good grief, can't believe what was happening in that doctor's office...good thing you got out of there before something really bad happened. That is very scary. There has to be a better job waiting for you...hang in there.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #1759
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Izzy, your basement and your computer are going to drive you crazy. I have had men here all week doing one thing or another. Ugh! I just need some peace and quiet. I can imagine you surely do, too. You're really going to need a vacation and I'm sure it can't come fast enough.
I LOVED that schnauzer punch art you did...just the cutest!!! So, it seems to me you have quite a few punches in order to do that card and you probably won't need any from me after all. Yea, I'm off the hook!

Ba-Ba-Ba-Benzi......men all week??? Really????? Just EXACTLY what were they doing....hmmmmmmmmm...
Old 09-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #1760
Stazon Splitcoast

Bearzi.......Holy Moley!!!!! What a week you are having!!! Prayers going up for your son....for sure! Glad he is ok!!!! Whew! AND, that must have been something at the Dr's. office! WOW...wish I could have been a fly on the wall! heehee! I hope patient's were not in the waiting room!!!!!!!!! Glad you got Outta there!!!!!!!!!