Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #1681
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
D'Brainiac , D'Braintrust, D'Beautiful, D'9999IQ?

Kinda like O'reilly, - but in my case we use a D first!!
I'm going invisi That is not correct miss D. It is now DB. I think you know what that means.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #1682
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, I should have watched 24, I suppose. O.K., can't tax my brain anymore today. I've learned my new tidbit for the day. Over and out.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-11-2010, 06:36 AM   #1683
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, you two are so funny!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #1684
Stazon Splitcoast

Pssssst, Debzi! Is she gone yet? Is it safe?

Invisi Yup, you are absolutely right. Benzi has a heart of gold and she only checks in on us while she's "away" because she just loves us so much. How could I have thought any differently?????
Old 09-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #1685
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
I'M BBBBAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKK! Emzi, when did you turn on me? I go out of town and the mice play, 'let's get Benzi week'. Don't listen to the 'D'. She will lead you astray and turn on you in a heartbeat....just saying. Debzi and Emzi...all that invisible ink. HA I have people that do my reading for me and they have great powers.....much more than Debzi's braintrust can handle.

And,I don't need plastic surgery....well, maybe a tuck here and there.

I'm back home just to go out of town again. I'll be back tomorrow. And, not leaving just yet either. You won't know when I leave and I'll be checking on the chatter about me. I'll be................................................ ..........................................(invisib le). Don't you wish you knew what that said????????
Oh, Benzi!! You must forgive me for thinking any dark thoughts. I'll never question your true intentions again!! Debzi (yes, DB!!! See post #1670) has shown me the error of my ways.

Are you off for more Alabama foo'ball today? I hope the weather is terrific. No car accidents, 'K?
Old 09-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #1686
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
Oh, Benzi!! You must forgive me for thinking any dark thoughts. I'll never question your true intentions again!! Debzi (yes, DB!!! See post #1670) has shown me the error of my ways.

Are you off for more Alabama foo'ball today? I hope the weather is terrific. No car accidents, 'K?
NO, she's still here...lurking. LOL Debz is not capable of showing you the error of your ways........yep, Emzi, I thought you were a little on the 'dark' side. Now, I know for sure.

Yes, we are off to see Alabama/Penn State play tonight. The weather is possibly going to be a bummer. I hate that! My youngest son and his wife are driving from GA to see the game. After the game, they will have to drive back from Tuscaloosa to Birmingham as all the motels/hotels are full in Tuscaloosa so I'm hoping for good travelling weather for them. Well, that is just about an hour but I hate that interstate...waaaaaaaay too busy. Oh, maybe it won't rain much. Plus, we don't want to game ruined.

O.K., you never know when I'll be peeking in....so be careful. BWwwwaaaa

Hopefully, no accidents today. Our car is in the shop to be repaired and we have a lease car that I don't like. It's o.k. but not my style. I guess we could go in the other car but looks like hubby has gotten the lease out of the garage. Oh, heavens....why don't we just go in the jet????????????? I'm losing it!!!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #1687
Full of Malarky

We really shook you up with that invisible ink thing didn't we Benzi!!! Bwhahahhahaa!! But we had fun, at least Emzi and me did. I think it shook you to the core!!! I'm going invisi: Emzi - do you know how many pm's I sent to our dear friend the Benz as to how to read our invisible ink before she could figure it out!!!! I wonder if she can actually read???? She's got difficulties , that's for sure!!!Oh Benzi we love you anyway!!! Oh where is the Fruitcake when we need her!! I can always get to come to the dark side with me!!! Bwhahahahahaahhaahhaaa!!!!! Snugs to everyone!!!!

Anyhow, I finished up about 4 of the same cards that I made last week. I need to get them sent out!!
hugs to all of you from D'Brainiac!!!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Old 09-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #1688
Stazon Splitcoast

Dark side?? Who me?? Well, I never!! I'm a perfect angel!!!!! I think you must have me confused with someone else--like Pamzi, perhaps? And don't forget that Kookzi was angling for the Prez position not too long ago. And who was it that kept insisting on that "HB" word? That must be where the confusion lies . . . Oh, now wait a second . . . I do dearly love dark chocolate. THAT must be what you're talking about!! Mmmm . . . those dark chocolate M&Mzis are divine. And so is Dove Dark Chocolate!! Oooooo, and Ghirardelli dark with mint or caramel filling--to die for. So, when you put it that way, yes, I do proudly agree--I definitely have a dark side!!

And Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate . . . Oh! and Nestle Toll House semi sweet morsels straight from the bag . . . and dark chocolate dipped orange slices . . . and any kind of dark chocolate vanilla cremes . . . Oh! Am I still typing?? I must have gotten lost in my dark chocolate moment . . .
Old 09-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #1689
Full of Malarky

bwhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! That's me too Emzi!!! I just love dark Chocolate - that's why I have brown hair and eyes!! Too much chocolate!!! My favourite chocolate is Lindt Excellence - Madagascar - 65% cocoa. Oh it's just right!!!! At 70% cocoa - that's just a little too bitter for me . DH likes at 80% cocoa !!! Ugh!!!
In an emergency - I too can eat chocolate chips right out of the bag!! I also love raw cookie dough!! Oh what a dark side I have!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #1690
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We really shook you up with that invisible ink thing didn't we Benzi!!! Bwhahahhahaa!! But we had fun, at least Emzi and me did. I think it shook you to the core!!! I'm going invisi:

Anyhow, I finished up about 4 of the same cards that I made last week. I need to get them sent out!!
hugs to all of you from D'Brainiac!!!
Debzi,
Invisi: Really? {snort} How many PMs? Yup, that really was fun--still is. Do you think any of the other Punchiez will figure this out?? Of course, I don't know if anyone else can match your IQ, Ms. D'Brainiac, so maybe not.
Good luck with sending out those four new cards!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #1691
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, yum!! Lindt 65% dark is yum, yum, yummo!! And the Lindt Extra Dark truffles are my favorite Lindor truffles. Gotta agree--70% is too bitter. Someone gave us an 80% dark Lindt bar once and I had to dip my squares in caramel sauce to sweeten them up so I could get it down. Ja, I know I coulda just not eaten it. But, waste chocolate?? Well, I just don't think that's done. I'm sure there's a law against that somewhere. So I had to do my part to finish it up. Anyway, I truly believe that everything goes more smoothly with chocolate!

So, here's to our dark [chocolate] sides!! Yum, yum. Of course, power of suggestion now leads me off to raid the cupboards . . .
Old 09-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #1692
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoatsmom View Post
The kids have begun school today. Yippee! Part of me was sad they had to go back, because that means more work for Mom too (homework help, corraling everyone in the morning, pick ups and drop offs, tears over fights at school). But part of me said, "Wow! Time alone again. Time for stamping and commenting!" Last night I made a card after they went to bed and I photographed it this morning. I'll have it uploaded pretty soon. Ahh, I have missed stamping!
I can SO relate. I have reveled in my stamping time this week. Thankfully the old body clock has adjusted to new bed and wake up times (after an 11 hour sleep last night LOL!). Only goof was showing up 30 minutes early for my DD's piano lesson - got the new day right but not the new time. Thankfully we were able to hang out in her piano teacher's house while we waited as she is a good friend. Hope that is the worst of it all. I have had a big .....sigh....of being alone in the quiet house....it's a blissful six hours LOL!
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #1693
Full of Malarky

Hey Emzi - going invis........... Thanks for reminding me that Benzi is HB.... I forgot about that -and at first - I forgot what HB stood for!!!! Yeah Benzi - a HB........... it took about 5 PM's from me for the Benz to catch on. You know I love her too bits - but she's a bit * challenged *..... Oh I am bad!!! Hugz - I wonder if the other's feel left out? Maybe we need to PM them our big secret!! What's the chances of two Brainiac's like you and me meeting here on the thread? Next thing I'll be writing college level textbooks like you .. it's not easy when you've got an IQ of 9999 like me!! And we all know that there is such a thing as 9999 IQ - even if the rest of the people think it's implausible. Ohhh there's a big word that Benzi might stumble over!! Oh I am so goofy !!!

Oh my sister called and yacked up a storm with me for about 2 hours, so I did not things done as planned!!! Oh she's as bad of yacker as I am!! We have a lot of fun * chewing the fat*.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #1694
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
I can SO relate. I have reveled in my stamping time this week. Thankfully the old body clock has adjusted to new bed and wake up times (after an 11 hour sleep last night LOL!). Only goof was showing up 30 minutes early for my DD's piano lesson - got the new day right but not the new time. Thankfully we were able to hang out in her piano teacher's house while we waited as she is a good friend. Hope that is the worst of it all. I have had a big .....sigh....of being alone in the quiet house....it's a blissful six hours LOL!
Hey can you read our invisible ink, Marisia??? If not - we'll PM anyone the secret!!! Glad your kids are back to school and life is back to normal!! My youngest son is just starting into 3rd at UBC in computer sciences, so he is not much trouble. But I've frittered my time today - so I better get off grocery shopping! Hugs to everyone!!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #1695
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
bwhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! That's me too Emzi!!! I just love dark Chocolate - that's why I have brown hair and eyes!! Too much chocolate!!! My favourite chocolate is Lindt Excellence - Madagascar - 65% cocoa. Oh it's just right!!!! At 70% cocoa - that's just a little too bitter for me . DH likes at 80% cocoa !!! Ugh!!!
In an emergency - I too can eat chocolate chips right out of the bag!! I also love raw cookie dough!! Oh what a dark side I have!
I'll pass on the chocolate (yup, I have a very strange female gene that isn't big on chocolage), but the cookie dough, lay it on!!! Think chocolate chip may be my fave, but I'll take just about any. Maybe the gene skipped a generation because my daughter loves dark chocolate.
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #1696
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey can you read our invisible ink, Marisia??? If not - we'll PM anyone the secret!!! Glad your kids are back to school and life is back to normal!! My youngest son is just starting into 3rd at UBC in computer sciences, so he is not much trouble. But I've frittered my time today - so I better get off grocery shopping! Hugs to everyone!!
Oh yes...going invisi I figured this one out right away. think I must have a few of your Brainiac cells Debzi. DD however thinks we are strange doing this LOL! Give her a few years. I'm all over the dark side and my son would be impressed as he is a huge Star Wars fan

Gotta run, dinner and family time up ahead. Have a great night, ladies
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #1697
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Oh, yeah, invisi ble ink is so much fun! But it is

DOVE!

That takes the chocolate cake! In England I buy

GALAXY!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #1698
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, goodie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have more Brainiacs among us!! I just *knew* there was something special about the galz in our group
Old 09-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #1699
Full of Malarky

going invisi...........Maybe we should just do the entire chat thread in invisible and puzzle everyone from the rest of SCS with our invisible writing? You know - it would look like we just had blank spaces where our chat should be!!! And who but us could figure it out? Hey Emzi - maybe I'll start making my comments to everyone in invisible ink!! Then I can link them up to your contest - and even though no one will be able to read my comments - you'll know that I am not cheating in the comment came - just going invisible!!!!

Oh I'm so dark and brilliant!!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #1700
Full of Malarky

I just get sillier and sillier as the day goes on!!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #1701
Stazon Splitcoast

That you would even doubt that there are other brainiacs that could figure out your magic tricks!

Of course we can! We're punchkateerz!!! You galz have given me a chuckle for the evening. And for some strange reason I'm craving chocolate. Milk, dark or in between, if it'z chocolatez, it'z good for da belly. Not the waistline though.

Speaking of chocolate (and I can't imagine why I'm thinking of chocolate), on the Holland America ships they have these luscious chocolate truffles in one of the lounges - DH will make a daily run for a selection of these little spheres of glory. He knows how to win my heart! In just over two weeks I'll get my first little sampling of those heavenly bites. I'd best head to my treadmill now to get ready!

You galz have really been a hoot and a holler today. We had company for supper - tomorrow is DH's birthday - he's been celebrating since mid-August when we took the kids to Cirque du Soleil and I don't see the celebrating ending any time soon...! His knee has given him more grief this week though so he's not jumping up and down! MRI is just before we leave on our cruise so we won't know anything until we get home.

Debzi - hope the swollen lipzi thing is gettin' better. Have you ever heard the Veggie Tales song "I Love My Lips": It's a lip, it's a lip, it's a lip-lip-lip...

Here ya go! I Love My Lips Hey - the ad that played before the Youtube video was for Haagen-Dazs chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. How ironic!

Gotta run - needz to wrapz the prezzies I gotz for hubzi.

----> HUGZ ALL - and raise thoze punchez high!!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #1702
Stazon Splitcoast

I never doubted for a minute the Brainiac qualities of the famed Punchkateerz!!

So glad we could inspire some chocolate cravings in you, Izzy!! Had to laugh at how you and DH scope out the truffles on the cruise ship. Sounds like something *I* would do!! And if there's chocolate involved, you will undoubtedly have a fabulous, outstanding, phenomenal cruise.

Oh, and also so glad that we could provide you with some entertainment!! I think that we sillikins have been having a blast.

Off to church now. It's Rally Day for Sunday School, so time for a new program year!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:53 AM   #1703
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
It IS a blissful six hours, isn't it? My 8 YO asked if she could come home for lunch last Friday (her 4th day of school) and I said, "Oh, I think you should stay and see your friends!" When what I was thinking was, "Are you crazy?? Mom finally has her alone time; no way, Chickie!"
Old 09-12-2010, 04:59 AM   #1704
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
That you would even doubt that there are other brainiacs that could figure out your magic tricks!

Of course we can! We're punchkateerz!!! You galz have given me a chuckle for the evening. And for some strange reason I'm craving chocolate. Milk, dark or in between, if it'z chocolatez, it'z good for da belly. Not the waistline though.

Speaking of chocolate (and I can't imagine why I'm thinking of chocolate), on the Holland America ships they have these luscious chocolate truffles in one of the lounges - DH will make a daily run for a selection of these little spheres of glory. He knows how to win my heart! In just over two weeks I'll get my first little sampling of those heavenly bites. I'd best head to my treadmill now to get ready!

You galz have really been a hoot and a holler today. We had company for supper - tomorrow is DH's birthday - he's been celebrating since mid-August when we took the kids to Cirque du Soleil and I don't see the celebrating ending any time soon...! His knee has given him more grief this week though so he's not jumping up and down! MRI is just before we leave on our cruise so we won't know anything until we get home.

Debzi - hope the swollen lipzi thing is gettin' better. Have you ever heard the Veggie Tales song "I Love My Lips": It's a lip, it's a lip, it's a lip-lip-lip...

Here ya go! I Love My Lips Hey - the ad that played before the Youtube video was for Haagen-Dazs chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. How ironic!

Gotta run - needz to wrapz the prezzies I gotz for hubzi.

----> HUGZ ALL - and raise thoze punchez high!!
Oh, Izzy, your cruise sounds WONDERFUL! I wish I could go on one again. We did just back from Disney World....that was an expensive-enough trip, and loads of fun. So no cruise in the near future for me!
Have a terrific time!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #1705
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
I never doubted for a minute the Brainiac qualities of the famed Punchkateerz!!

So glad we could inspire some chocolate cravings in you, Izzy!! Had to laugh at how you and DH scope out the truffles on the cruise ship. Sounds like something *I* would do!! And if there's chocolate involved, you will undoubtedly have a fabulous, outstanding, phenomenal cruise.

Oh, and also so glad that we could provide you with some entertainment!! I think that we sillikins have been having a blast.

Off to church now. It's Rally Day for Sunday School, so time for a new program year!
Rally Day here for us too. THis morning I will be signing up my 8 YO for church Sunday School, but the 12 YO is involved in a Confirmation program (for 2 years), so she is not eligible for Sunday School anymore.
I woke both girls up and told them today is a church day and they both groaned and said "Do we HAFTA go?"
Old 09-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #1706
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Rally Day here for us too. THis morning I will be signing up my 8 YO for church Sunday School, but the 12 YO is involved in a Confirmation program (for 2 years), so she is not eligible for Sunday School anymore.
I woke both girls up and told them today is a church day and they both groaned and said "Do we HAFTA go?"
Our 11 YO starts Confirmation I this year (for 6th and 7th graders)--Confirmation II is for 8th and 9th graders, with 9th graders being confirmed in May. Fortunately for us, Confirmation meets Sunday mornings during the education hour, so both kids are on the same Sunday School schedule. Yahoo! I love it when schedules mesh up.

Joanna had a town-wide Girl Scout encampment this weekend, from Friday after school through 11 a.m. today. So she, unfortunately, missed her first day of Confirmation. But we'll be back on track next Sunday. Sounds like her camp out was great, and the weather cooperated. She did some ''firsts" this weekend--her first time swimming in a lake (as opposed to a pool or the ocean) and her first time canoeing, too. Now she {badly} needs a shower and to catch up on her sleep.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:34 PM   #1707
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello fellow Punchkateerz - I really, really don't want to, but I'm going to have to take a temporary leave of absence on the site. I have a family situation at home with my son that will take all the time and emotional energy I can store up. I'll probably still make some cards, but only upload a few. I may not be able to comment on all your cards for awhile, but I'll try the best I can. It's up to Diz, the co-founder, and Benz, the so-called prez, to keep things going. Little Fruitflakezi has finally lost her marblez!! I'll do as much as I can and I won't forget any of you, just need to take a break before I break - catch my drift!! Hugzzzzz!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #1708
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
Hello fellow Punchkateerz - I really, really don't want to, but I'm going to have to take a temporary leave of absence on the site. I have a family situation at home with my son that will take all the time and emotional energy I can store up. I'll probably still make some cards, but only upload a few. I may not be able to comment on all your cards for awhile, but I'll try the best I can. It's up to Diz, the co-founder, and Benz, the so-called prez, to keep things going. Little Fruitflakezi has finally lost her marblez!! I'll do as much as I can and I won't forget any of you, just need to take a break before I break - catch my drift!! Hugzzzzz!
We'll miss you very much, but just be sure to get back all those marbles you lost!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #1709
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We'll miss you very much, but just be sure to get back all those marbles you lost!
Thanks Blondzi, but according to Diz, I lost my marbles a long time ago and just now figured it out!! LOL!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 09-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #1710
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Oh, the marblez are lost completely now. Seriously, Pam, we understand and will miss you and your fun terribly. Hopefully, things will get better
and you'll be back with us before too long. I'll be in touch all along. Huge hugs to you~~~~~
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #1711
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh Pamzi - I was so pleased to see that you had been able to find some time to post to this little ol' thread that it made me get all misty-eyed when I read your post. Your wit and humour will be missed around here, but you know that already! You also know we're all pulling for you to get through this rough patch and praying that things will straighten themselves out for you very soon. Just wish I was closer and could give you a real hug and some support instead of just cyber-hugs... Lookin' forward to seeing you hanging around real soon. Already missin' ya my OPP!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #1712
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll be on the lookout for your marbles girlie! When I get them gathered I'll let you know! HUGZ!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #1713
Full of Malarky

Fruitcakez - you knowz we lovez you and will miss youz - but you take care now ,girl!!!

Hugz and prayerz!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:26 AM   #1714
Stazon Splitcoast

Hang in there, Pamzi!!! You'll be missed, but we all completely understand your need to re-group and re-focus. Your family comes first, for sure!!!! Wishing you all the best--and missing you already. I hope and pray that everything will sort itself out positively.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:30 AM   #1715
Stazon Splitcoast

And, in case you do have a moment to check in here today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAMZI! Hope it's the beginning of a year that sees good things happening for you! Hugz to the birthday gal!
Old 09-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #1716
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm with Izzy, although I've already wished you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY bright and early this morning, here's wishing you another one. Hope you can have a good day!!!!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 09-14-2010, 07:48 AM   #1717
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post

I just love Veggie Tales Silly Songs. Now I'm going to have that song in my head all day LOL! Thanks for the You Tube clip, just had to watch it

So...hubby is having birthday month by the sounds of it. Guess that means you get to too, right arrow:
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #1718
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It IS a blissful six hours, isn't it? My 8 YO asked if she could come home for lunch last Friday (her 4th day of school) and I said, "Oh, I think you should stay and see your friends!" When what I was thinking was, "Are you crazy?? Mom finally has her alone time; no way, Chickie!"
ROFL...I can soooo relate Must say last week was a good start to the restoration and sanity bank. Can't wait to enjoy the rest of this week.
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #1719
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
You do what you need to do Pamzi, we'll all be here when you get back (((hugz))). The old saying is good is the enemy of best so you have chosen what is best for you right now and that is what is important. Will miss you wonderful sense of humour and comments. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. May God give you the strength and wisdom you require to deal with your situation. Blessings and (((hugzz)))
My SCS Gallery
Old 09-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #1720
Full of Malarky

Happy Birthday kinda late Pamzi!!!! Your card is in the mail!!!!

Well, you knowz I fracture my wrist and foot last fall - Oct 28 , to be precise. Well, today I saw the orthopedic surgeon because I have been having some pain and pins and needles and what notin my wrist, fingers, elbow . So he thinks I most likely have a compressed nerve up by my elbow.... sigh!!!!So eventually I am to see a neurogist and he / she will see check nerve function and then they will decide whether I need surgery . I'm not sold on the surgery as yet - - I loathe being put out - it scares me to death!!! Plus - those doctors seem to do more harm than good at times!!

I asked the doctor -what if I just leave it as is? He said the concern is that my hand will grow weaker and weaker - and showed me an area of my left hand which is smaller than my right hand -and he said - right there you have some muscle wasting going on. Sigh.

As for my lip - well - I have not heard the results but I haven't called the office yer either. I'll do that in the next day or two. I guess the doctor did hit a nerve. It's interesting that the inside of my mouth where he did the incision feels fine now -but it's on the outside on my lip and a line below my lip that I feel the pins and needles feeling and a bit of burning sensation. Well - done's done -and I think it will get better over time.

On the plus side - my SU order came today!!!!

I had ordered the French foliage set and the fireside Christmas set and some ribbon.

Oh yeah - the orthopedic surgeon said I should sleep with a brace on my wrist - the kind that folks with carpel tunnel have - however - just my luck - the x - small was a bit too tight - but they are ordering in a small sized brace for me - tommorow it will be in. I'm just supposed to wear it at night so my wrist/ elbow is less troubled. Don't ask me!!!

I might as well just get a sign - old lady in 49 year old body .