Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #841
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
I checked out your blog and I became a follower. Left you a comment but it disappeared. The thing about it showing after owner approval disappeared, also. Maybe I should try again.
I am very interested in starting a blog but not quite sure how to go about it or if I want to because I do not have a minute to spare as it is. I think I would enjoy it, though. I may pm you later about it....with questions.
Dear Benzi,
Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog! And I DID receive your comments on there...thank you!

I would be happy to go over setting up blog stuff with you. I may have time tomorrow afternoon or Friday afternoon. I know how you feel; I felt very interested in starting one and could feel myself getting closer and closer to getting the courage I needed. A friend from SCS gave me the final push...and then VOILA! Now I am a blog owner! It IS fun, but it does require some time, at least at the beginning to get set up, locate stuff on the web, etc. But now that I'm "in the habit", it's not much more time for me to upload on the blog first and then on SCS.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about it; I would LOVE to help you! And -- I'd be one of your first followers.

Blondzi aka Colleen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #842
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
LOVE the new blog, Blondzi!!! Congratulations I know you are going to have fun with it!!
Emzi,
Thanks for your support and making comments on my blog! I'm too excited for words!!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #843
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
I started my own blog to challenge the old gray matter, stay up on some technology and have a great way to track my development in card making skills. It's been a blast Sure you'll love it too. Hang in there with the learning curve, once you've mastered it you'll wonder why it was ever an issue Welcome to blog world
Thanks for the support, whiterockmama! I'll have to check out your blog
And you're right: it's only been a week as a blog owner, and already I am so much more confident. Uploading couldn't be easier. And I have a FREE blog, which is a wonderful thing!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #844
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
OK, this is going to make me look like a big dope, but can I ask what "LSS"? I can only guess--is it "little stamp store"?

Our very own Pamzi?? A designer for Midnight Madness??? Oh, my goodness, I feel like I'm the last to know. That's amazing!!! CONGRATULATIONS, PRINCESS PAMZI!!!!
What?! Good news for Pamzi? Oh, I AM out of the loop! I'm trying to keep up. Congratulationz, Pamzi!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #845
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I'm with Benzi--I have to admit that the whole blogging thing is very intriguing and I've pondered it as well, but I'd also have to wonder: who in the world would "follow" little ol' me???? I can just see myself pouring heart and soul into a blog and then having no one to read it!!! Sigh . . .
Emzi,
Like I told Benzi, I would be one of your first followers if you start a blog.
Please feel free to ask me how I've done it...I had an SCS friend give me a big push and now...here I am, blogging! Who'd of thunk it?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #846
Stazon Splitcoast

You poor Punchkateerz, having to suffer through such a long string of replies from me. I hadn't realized how much I'd been out of the loop!! That 3-day weekend kinda got me off track. And then my kids and I have been busy, busy working on making cards for Operation Write Home. It's been a great Memorial Day (and following week!) activity for us!! They are really getting into it.

I don't know if you can tell from my avatar photo, but I'm a real curly-haired gal, myself!! So I know all about the evils of humidity, too LOL. But I'm with MamaRitzi on this one--wash and go!! Luckily, with my super long hair, I can get away with only washing once or twice per week. If I slather on a bit of defrizz goo while my hair is still wet from the shower, then I can let it air dry and keep moving. I know what Debzi is saying--I never know quite how it will turn out!! Depending on the humidity, some days I get these beautiful nearly sausage-curl-like ringlets and on other days more poodle-y frizz. It just keeps people guessing what will be next!!! But all I can say, is thank goodness for ponytail holders!! If all else fails, up it goes into a pony tail.

Well, our big news is that our new (used) little pop-up camper is all set to be tried out--we're planning our first camping trip for this weekend!! Woo-hoo!! We're all so excited. There's a great state park with a nice 90-site campground about 3 miles from our house, so that's where we'll be heading. Nice and close to home for all of those little things we're bound to forget the first time. So as long as the weather holds, it looks like Friday night will be the big trial. Can't wait to build a campfire and roast marshmallows!! I think the kids are going to love it!!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #847
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoatsmom View Post
Emzi,
Thanks for your support and making comments on my blog! I'm too excited for words!!
Oh, you are absolutely welcome, Colleen!! I had a blast checking out all of your posts!! It was very fun. Your photos with watermarks look great. Looks like you've been doing it for years!! Isn't the GIMP amazing?? So hard to believe that it is a full-featured photo editor and is available for free, with no strings attached. Thanks to my techie hubby for that find
Old 06-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #848
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
You poor Punchkateerz, having to suffer through such a long string of replies from me. I hadn't realized how much I'd been out of the loop!! That 3-day weekend kinda got me off track. And then my kids and I have been busy, busy working on making cards for Operation Write Home. It's been a great Memorial Day (and following week!) activity for us!! They are really getting into it.

I don't know if you can tell from my avatar photo, but I'm a real curly-haired gal, myself!! So I know all about the evils of humidity, too LOL. But I'm with MamaRitzi on this one--wash and go!! Luckily, with my super long hair, I can get away with only washing once or twice per week. If I slather on a bit of defrizz goo while my hair is still wet from the shower, then I can let it air dry and keep moving. I know what Debzi is saying--I never know quite how it will turn out!! Depending on the humidity, some days I get these beautiful nearly sausage-curl-like ringlets and on other days more poodle-y frizz. It just keeps people guessing what will be next!!! But all I can say, is thank goodness for ponytail holders!! If all else fails, up it goes into a pony tail.

Well, our big news is that our new (used) little pop-up camper is all set to be tried out--we're planning our first camping trip for this weekend!! Woo-hoo!! We're all so excited. There's a great state park with a nice 90-site campground about 3 miles from our house, so that's where we'll be heading. Nice and close to home for all of those little things we're bound to forget the first time. So as long as the weather holds, it looks like Friday night will be the big trial. Can't wait to build a campfire and roast marshmallows!! I think the kids are going to love it!!
Have fun camping!! Will be thinking of you, roasting marshmallows!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #849
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
I'm with Benzi--I have to admit that the whole blogging thing is very intriguing and I've pondered it as well, but I'd also have to wonder: who in the world would "follow" little ol' me???? I can just see myself pouring heart and soul into a blog and then having no one to read it!!! Sigh . . .
I started a blog...thinking I would post regularly, and found that life has a tendency to interfere. I was feeling guilty for not posting frequently (I never thought I'd be frequent, just more regular) so I decided I'd better take on the "Blogging Without Obligation" motto to get rid of the guilt. Well, it helps. LOL!

I thought the same as you...who in the world would read my blog. Well, I thought maybe my kids would, and maybe some others if I could entice them in. Well, I learned that nothing I do will "make" people come to my blog. So I let go of that expectation.

So, now I post when I can. I try to be good at giving directions when they are helpful. But I don't have any great expectations. I do have some followers. I'd love to have more and when someone adds on, well, it makes me smile.

I don't get a lot of comments. I don't have a counter because I don't really want to see all those small numbers. LOL!

Then I learned something else. Like on SCS where participation in challenges increases views and comments, participating in blog hops increases blog visits. Now I won't always join in blog hops because I have to think ahead and plan for a post at a particular time, but at least I know that!

What is important to me on my blog is my list of blogs I like to visit. I can access that list from any computer, unlike my IE favorites list on my desktop.

I know, I'm rambling. But I've been thinking about this for several days as you all are talking about starting a blog. So here's my two cents worth! Take it for what it's worth. I have fun with my blog, because I have gotten any mighty expectations that my blog would be great. It's just fun!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #850
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
OK, this is going to make me look like a big dope, but can I ask what "LSS"? I can only guess--is it "little stamp store"?

Our very own Pamzi?? A designer for Midnight Madness??? Oh, my goodness, I feel like I'm the last to know. That's amazing!!! CONGRATULATIONS, PRINCESS PAMZI!!!!
Emzi, LSS is Local Scrapbook/Stamping Store.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #851
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoatsmom View Post
Dear Benzi,
Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog! And I DID receive your comments on there...thank you!

I would be happy to go over setting up blog stuff with you. I may have time tomorrow afternoon or Friday afternoon. I know how you feel; I felt very interested in starting one and could feel myself getting closer and closer to getting the courage I needed. A friend from SCS gave me the final push...and then VOILA! Now I am a blog owner! It IS fun, but it does require some time, at least at the beginning to get set up, locate stuff on the web, etc. But now that I'm "in the habit", it's not much more time for me to upload on the blog first and then on SCS.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about it; I would LOVE to help you! And -- I'd be one of your first followers.

Blondzi aka Colleen
Thanks, Colleen. I have no time this week and probably not next week. Of course, I am still a bit chicken. But, if I finally decide to jump in, I'll certainly be needing some help and will not hesitate to ask questions. You know you go back and forth, should I or shouldn't I? Eek..big decision.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #852
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
I started a blog...thinking I would post regularly, and found that life has a tendency to interfere. I was feeling guilty for not posting frequently (I never thought I'd be frequent, just more regular) so I decided I'd better take on the "Blogging Without Obligation" motto to get rid of the guilt. Well, it helps. LOL!

I thought the same as you...who in the world would read my blog. Well, I thought maybe my kids would, and maybe some others if I could entice them in. Well, I learned that nothing I do will "make" people come to my blog. So I let go of that expectation.

So, now I post when I can. I try to be good at giving directions when they are helpful. But I don't have any great expectations. I do have some followers. I'd love to have more and when someone adds on, well, it makes me smile.

I don't get a lot of comments. I don't have a counter because I don't really want to see all those small numbers. LOL!

Then I learned something else. Like on SCS where participation in challenges increases views and comments, participating in blog hops increases blog visits. Now I won't always join in blog hops because I have to think ahead and plan for a post at a particular time, but at least I know that!

What is important to me on my blog is my list of blogs I like to visit. I can access that list from any computer, unlike my IE favorites list on my desktop.

I know, I'm rambling. But I've been thinking about this for several days as you all are talking about starting a blog. So here's my two cents worth! Take it for what it's worth. I have fun with my blog, because I have gotten any mighty expectations that my blog would be great. It's just fun!
I'm sure life would interfere with my blog, too. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to do all I need to do now. But, maybe soon, I'll muster up the courage to start a blog. I like your motto.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #853
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Emzi, you and your family are going to have sooooo much fun with that camper. Roast a marshmallow for me.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #854
Full of Malarky

Well, everyone, the idea of starting a blog scares me!! I don't have the technie knowledge -and heaven knows I don't make cards at any great rate. I even have trouble figuring out how to leave comments on some people blogs. If they require a google reader acount - well - at some point I set one up - but now I forget what I called it and what my password is.

But you go girls!!! Maybe I'll sign up for your blogs!! For now, I have all I can do to get my cards made!!!

Anyway - tommorow is my all day haircut/ colour/ highlight deal. I have to drive into City Square at Cambie and Broadway - Ritzi will know where that is - and that takes 45 minutes or so just to drive into the salon. As a curly haired girl - I'll go anywhere that I can find someone who can cut layered curly hair.

Someday I'll have to find a picture of me back when I kept my hair longer and curlier -and you'll see why I keep it shorter now!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 PM   #855
Full of Malarky

Great blogs girls! But - how do I sign up with google connect? I might have an account -but I forget. I have no idea what a dashboard is!! or a google reader. I do subscribe to several blogs --but some I cannot figure out how to sign up!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #856

Debzi...I'm not real techie either. Blogspot is REALLY easy to use, and I imagine the others are as well. You need an email addy to start a blog. When you set up a blog you just go from window to window making choices. What do you want to say in your profile. What template (the color/pattern choices for your page), etc. It's simple. You can make changes later to customize, set up blog listings, put in "blinkies", put in "followers" etc. But it's all easy!

When I sign in to my Blog, the dashboard comes up. Think car dashboard. (Or if you are a Mac user think that dashboard.) It has :
"manage blogs" (I have two, so both are listed with buttons to go to "view blog" "new post" "edit posts" "settings" etc as well as profile info which is the same on all your own blogs)
"reading list" (these are the blogs I follow...a bunch of posts are listed, most recent first)
"other stuff" (other tools like mobile blogging, help, etc)

Enough!!! or you'll think I'm trying to sell you on a blog! Your choice...just wanted to let you know how easy it is, even for a non-techie! Oh, and blogger is free!
all I am is Yours.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 AM   #857
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my.....now I have blogs in my head!!!! Yikes! I have to admit that blogging is just a foreign language to me! I'm with you, Benzi.......maybe when I get enough courage, I'll try it. I will visit everyone's blog when I'm at home and have some time.

Emzi, have a fun time on your camping trip! You will absolutely love it! Enjoy those S'mores for me!!!!! Tell us all about it next week!

It seems like I haven't made a card in ages! I gotta get my butt in gear!!!! Any suggestions on how to get my mojo back????
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #858
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Oh my.....now I have blogs in my head!!!! Yikes! I have to admit that blogging is just a foreign language to me! I'm with you, Benzi.......maybe when I get enough courage, I'll try it. I will visit everyone's blog when I'm at home and have some time.

Emzi, have a fun time on your camping trip! You will absolutely love it! Enjoy those S'mores for me!!!!! Tell us all about it next week!

It seems like I haven't made a card in ages! I gotta get my butt in gear!!!! Any suggestions on how to get my mojo back????
No suggestions on getting Mojo back...that is a tough thing that only time can heal, in my opinion! But....the blog thing....I'm telling you, I consider myself a non-techie and I'm managing! I had an SCS friend give me some pointers, and wow, it's not as hard as it looks.

I've only been doing it a week now, and it's a lot of fun (even if not a lot of people are following it - YET!).
Old 06-03-2010, 05:50 AM   #859
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Debzi...I'm not real techie either. Blogspot is REALLY easy to use, and I imagine the others are as well. You need an email addy to start a blog. When you set up a blog you just go from window to window making choices. What do you want to say in your profile. What template (the color/pattern choices for your page), etc. It's simple. You can make changes later to customize, set up blog listings, put in "blinkies", put in "followers" etc. But it's all easy!

When I sign in to my Blog, the dashboard comes up. Think car dashboard. (Or if you are a Mac user think that dashboard.) It has :
"manage blogs" (I have two, so both are listed with buttons to go to "view blog" "new post" "edit posts" "settings" etc as well as profile info which is the same on all your own blogs)
"reading list" (these are the blogs I follow...a bunch of posts are listed, most recent first)
"other stuff" (other tools like mobile blogging, help, etc)

Enough!!! or you'll think I'm trying to sell you on a blog! Your choice...just wanted to let you know how easy it is, even for a non-techie! Oh, and blogger is free!
Diane, I agree with you. It IS easy even for a non-techie (because that is ME!) And the deeper I go, the more fun it is. Together we can help all the Punchkateerz launch their own blogs!!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:53 AM   #860
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
Great blogs girls! But - how do I sign up with google connect? I might have an account -but I forget. I have no idea what a dashboard is!! or a google reader. I do subscribe to several blogs --but some I cannot figure out how to sign up!!!
Debzi, when you are ready to take the plunge, we can help! I found it to be rather easy. I went on to someone's blog (it was a 'blogspot' address), and saw at the top "Create a New Blog", clicked on it and followed directions from there. I have some links I could share with you on free signatures (to put at the end of your posts), and a free visitor counter. I've opted to have FeedBlitz help out so that people can sign up to get my new posts via their emails. That doesn't cost too much, depending on how many followers you have. (I don't have many!)

Ask me if you have any questions, and I know fionna can help too.

We're behind you 100%! In the meantime, hope your hair appt goes well.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:41 PM   #861
Full of Malarky

Thanks everyone for your encouragement re the blog! We will see!!

I had such a long long day at the stylists!! I left the house at about 3pm - got there for a 3:45 appt - got out of there at 8pm!! I was so hungry I could had to stop and eat some supper downtown- at Whitespot - Ritzi will not the restaurant that I mean - they are an eat in chain that is fairly good around BC.

Anyway - I got home around 9:30 pm.

Nothing new - just the same old same old!!

My stylist did mention some new treatment called a Brazillian blow out where they put some sort of chemicals in your hair and then blow it out straight - and it will stay relatively straight for about 3 months - and much smoother. It is new to the salon -and they have not really done it yet -but he says over time he will get an idea of how it works -and then maybe I will give it a try..........

Last edited by debzi333; 06-03-2010 at 11:46 PM..
Old 06-04-2010, 05:32 AM   #862
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
You look like you've got well behaved curly hair, if I may say so!!!! Mine grows itself into a grandmotherly puff. It's not kinky curly - or that might work. Once I grew my hair long like you- and my friends - I was in my teens then - called my pyrimad head. ( sP)? It grew itself into an every widening triangle.

I used to do wash and wear back in my younger days -but every day was a struggle of - how will it turn out???? Of course, that is somewhat the case now too!!

Brr cold today!!!! and raining!!! I am cold!!!!
Debz, I am waiting for that picture. Your hair grew into a triange???????? I just keep picturing that in my head. BBBBbbbbbwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaa
Pyramid head, huh?? No wonder it took you 4-5 hrs. in the hair salon yesterday. Oh, that pyramid thing was in your teen years. Seriously, your hair looks great in your avatar. Would never know you have so much trouble with it.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-04-2010, 05:37 AM   #863
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Kookzi, hope you get a card made today. About your mojo, I think sometimes we just need a break. I am needing one right now. I need to spend some time doing what I used to do before cardmaking....housework, gardening, etc. Oh, but what fun is that????? Hope you get your mojo going really soon. You have to use all those nesties and other toys you've been buying. Are you camping this weekend, as Emzi is?
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #864
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Ba-Ba-Ba-Benzi with the Jetz.........how ya doing? Yea, we are camping again this weekend. I'm looking forward to the weekend, cuz this week has been very stressful for me emotionally........another whole story! Anyway, I don't get any cards made while camping, though I do take my images and coloring tools and just color.

I planted some impatience's (sp?) in pots and around the Hasta that I planted at the campground last year. They should do very well since it is quite shady at the campsite. How is your garden growing?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #865
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you for the lovely and sweet comments you've left on my kids' cards in my gallery this week. They couldn't wait to read them all after school today--you should have seen their smiling, glowing faces afterward!! I am just thrilled by how much they've been into making cards for Operation Write Home this week. It's such a great cause and it's something that they really can do to help. I have a nice little collection of cards that I hope to put in the mail to OWH on Monday. Thanks so much for your kindness--what wonderful positive reinforcement on this project to help others.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love all of you? Love you all, Punchkateerz!!

Have a great weekend!! We're to have thunderstorms tonight and early morning tomorrow, so we're postponing our inaugural camping trip until tomorrow night. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!! I don't mind camping in the rain, but thunderstorms (especially in a little pop-up!!) are a different story. Want to make sure that our first trip isn't our last!!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #866
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey Ba-Ba-Ba-Benzi with the Jetz.........how ya doing? Yea, we are camping again this weekend. I'm looking forward to the weekend, cuz this week has been very stressful for me emotionally........another whole story! Anyway, I don't get any cards made while camping, though I do take my images and coloring tools and just color.

I planted some impatience's (sp?) in pots and around the Hasta that I planted at the campground last year. They should do very well since it is quite shady at the campsite. How is your garden growing?
Your impatiens and hostas at your campsite sound lovely, Kookzi!! Have fun this weekend
Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #867
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Sorry you've had a bad week, Kookzi. Hope you get to relax while camping. My garden is growing well. Still not quite throuigh setting out flowers, mostly in pots but have 4 perennial ferns I want to get in the ground.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #868
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Hi all!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you for the lovely and sweet comments you've left on my kids' cards in my gallery this week. They couldn't wait to read them all after school today--you should have seen their smiling, glowing faces afterward!! I am just thrilled by how much they've been into making cards for Operation Write Home this week. It's such a great cause and it's something that they really can do to help. I have a nice little collection of cards that I hope to put in the mail to OWH on Monday. Thanks so much for your kindness--what wonderful positive reinforcement on this project to help others.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love all of you? Love you all, Punchkateerz!!

Have a great weekend!! We're to have thunderstorms tonight and early morning tomorrow, so we're postponing our inaugural camping trip until tomorrow night. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!! I don't mind camping in the rain, but thunderstorms (especially in a little pop-up!!) are a different story. Want to make sure that our first trip isn't our last!!
Emzi, it is raining so hard here now so good thing I wasn't planning on camping today. LOL I think we are probably under a thunderstorm watch as I hear the weather radio going off.

It means so much to children when someone compliments their work. Your children did an awesome job for such a wonderful cause and what a good lesson in helping others. We love you, too, Emzi! Yes, we do.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #869
Stazon Splitcoast

Evenen fellow Punchkteers! I haz a favor to axe ya'll - will ya please pm me your addy & birthday (no year needed!). You could add yer punch name too! I've not been on this chat thread much as you can plainly see. I'll be 'round much as I can. I don't blog - has something to do w/ DH and his side of the puter. Don't ask me.... all I knowz iz it messes it up and then he's not too happy. You know what that means....
Lesley, Brenda, Pam I already have your info, so you be excused!
Hope ya'll have a wonderful w/e.

Thanks for stopping by my gallery.

COURAGE is FEAR that has said it's PRAYERS.

Bugzi, Punchkateer Secretary
Member of the Fan Club
QFTD49
Old 06-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #870
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats to our High Plains Member of Punchkateerz, Quiltzi!!!

Saw the announcement below on the CAS Design Team thread and figured that congratulations were in order! Bet you Quiltzi is doin' this:

(_l_)(_\_)(_l_)(_/_)(_l_)(_\_)(_l_)...........!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Boo View Post
It's time!
It's time for the revealing of our 1st new CAS design team member!!!!
Congratulations fionna51!
Old 06-05-2010, 04:44 AM   #871
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post

Saw the announcement below on the CAS Design Team thread and figured that congratulations were in order! Bet you Quiltzi is doin' this:

Congratulations indeed, Quiltzi - though I never doubted for a moment that they would pick you! So talented - gifted - oh...... I love to rub shoulders with the famous!!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #872
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah Quiltzi!!!!! Looking forward to seeing your cards
My SCS Gallery
Old 06-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #873
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post

WAY TO GO, QUILTZI!!! That is SO awesome. I know you are going to do a FAB job on the CAS DT. Your sample cards for the competition were just amazing. Yay, Diane!!! You really deserve this. Good for you for pursuing it. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the CAS challenge all summer long
Old 06-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #874
Stazon Splitcoast

Ugh, so no camping last night--we had thunderstorms multiple times during the night. We were playing things by ear today; waited to see if the thunderboomers would clear out early so we could get a chance at our inaugural trip tonight. But guess what? Our part of eastern MA is now under a tornado watch until 10 pm. Bummer!! I feel like we've accidentally wandered into Benzi-land. Tornado conditions are somewhat rare for us in Massachusetts.

Oh, well! We'll try again next weekend. Think good weather thoughts for us!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #875
Stazon Splitcoast

HELLLLLO Everyone!! I am so sorry I haven't had time to chat lately. B/t life at home, making cards ahead for the designer spot at Midnight Madness and catching up on comments, I haven't had time to breathe. I'm sure you all are in the same boat!!

A huge CONGRATS to Quiltzi on making the CAS design team. I loved your entries and obviously they did too!! What an honor!!!

Emzi, LOVE ya too my friend. Sorry about the camping trip fatality!! Those darn storms!!

As to blogs: I can't even imagine keeping up with a blog and SCS! A lot of people, once they get a blog going good, start not uploading on SCS and/or not commenting on them any more. It feels like everyone has a blog, except a few of us!! I can't promise I can keep up with everyone's blog and SCS comments, but I will certainly make myself a member of your blog and try as much as I can.

It may be something I will consider once my husband is back from deployment, retires from the Navy in February and has more time at home to help out, both with the computer and home stuffiez!!!

Good luck to all you bloggers. You are much braver than The Fruitcake is!!

I think that's it for now. Thanks for your congrats on the Midnight Madness Designer spot!!!

Hugziz,
The Fruitflakezi

P.S. Benzi, did jd???? contact you again about signing up. I forget her full user name.
FS149, QFTD44
Old 06-06-2010, 04:08 AM   #876
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning ladies

Wow 2 DT new members. Let me add my congrats also. That's really great. I don't know if I could keep up w/ that - I have a hard enough time keeping up w/ certain challenges!!!!! And NEVER could I blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm retired, and I 'only' babysit (a 4yo), I could not keep up. Besides, the blogs w/ the orange B screw up our puter. I might be doing something wrong, but if it keeps DH happy.... so I can look but not comment.

I now have 7 addys and b'days. If you would like a list pm me your email. Email will be easier since SCS limits # of letters used and I really don't want to break it up into multiple pm's. But as the 'unofficial' secretary, I will need email addys too. I WILL NOT load your inbox w/ anything other than a reminder of an up coming b'day and of course the list.

I hope you don't mind that I appointed myself as secretary, but I want all the addys and I think it w/b nice to share.

Ohio weather was awful last evening and through the night! It's looking somewhat better for today. So I hope wherever you are it's perfect!

Have a great Sunday!!

Thanks for stopping by my gallery.

COURAGE is FEAR that has said it's PRAYERS.

Bugzi, Punchkateer Secretary
Member of the Fan Club
QFTD49
Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #877
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbugdriver View Post
Morning ladies

Wow 2 DT new members. Let me add my congrats also. That's really great. I don't know if I could keep up w/ that - I have a hard enough time keeping up w/ certain challenges!!!!! And NEVER could I blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm retired, and I 'only' babysit (a 4yo), I could not keep up. Besides, the blogs w/ the orange B screw up our puter. I might be doing something wrong, but if it keeps DH happy.... so I can look but not comment.

I now have 7 addys and b'days. If you would like a list pm me your email. Email will be easier since SCS limits # of letters used and I really don't want to break it up into multiple pm's. But as the 'unofficial' secretary, I will need email addys too. I WILL NOT load your inbox w/ anything other than a reminder of an up coming b'day and of course the list.

I hope you don't mind that I appointed myself as secretary, but I want all the addys and I think it w/b nice to share.

Ohio weather was awful last evening and through the night! It's looking somewhat better for today. So I hope wherever you are it's perfect!

Have a great Sunday!!
Thanks for the congrats Bugzi!!

I'm more than happy for you to be self-appointed secretary. With this group, it's well known that everyone appoints themself whatever they want to. Look at our self-nominated prez!! LOL!!

BTW, Prizzi apologizes for not participating more in our chats and commenting on our cards. She has so much going on with her site and challenges that she's pretty overwhelmed at this time. I told her this is all for fun and no pressure. She doesn't want to drop out, just be put on hold for now.

That's about it for official business right now. Have a great Sunday you guys!!

Hugzi
pamzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 06-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #878
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Congrats to Diane on the CAS DT...so deserving with your beautiful work. I've already congratulated Pamzi, but congratz again! Yea Punchiez!!!

Emzi, sorry to hear about those nasty stormz and no camping. Benzi-land can be rather frightening at times. LOL
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #879

Aww, shuckz. Thanks to y'all for the cheerz! I hope I don't let all you'z punchkateerz down or anythin'! Gotta keep up with all the celebritiez we haz in thiz here group!

Well, my cards for the first summer challenge are done, photographed, on my computer, but I can't upload till between 8-9 tonight, my time. So I'll have to remember to get back on! New habit to add to my weekly schedule...oh, my.

Hope you have a wonderful week...

Bugzi, thanks for doing "the list"...will wait to see a copy in my inbox...

Benzi, and Bugzi, and all you who live in the midwest tornado alley...man, I don't envy where you all live in the slightest. I'll stick to my Colorado foothills with very few tornadoes, thank you just the same.

Pamzi, I been missing you on here recently. Hope your life calms down a bit and gives you some peace and quiet.

Well, since I stayed home this afternoon to clean house, I maybe better get on it before my dh gets home! See ya all laterz...
all I am is Yours.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #880
Stazon Splitcoast

Quiltzi.....congratulations!!!! That is sooooo cool!!!! C'mon ladies......time to the the butt dance...(_l_)(_\_)(_l_)(_/_)(_l_)(_\_)(_l_).....do da bump!!!!!! LOL!

we had a wonderful time camping this weekend! Emzi, I'm so sorry that the weather kept you at home. Bummer....big time! We had a few sprinkles here and there, but mostly breezy warm weather. Now home, doing wash and catching up on SCS. Hubby is in the garage playing with his Camaro. I'm listening to the Contemporary Christian music station on the TV.....love that channel! Dogs are playing. Life is good!!!

Have a terrific week, my lovely friends!!!! RYPH!!!!!