Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #801
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
D.D., the StampinB challenge this week is to make a patriotic card. Remember my poppy?
Doh!! yes!!! LOL!!! off to my card thing!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #802
Full of Malarky

OHHH!! I just loved my card class!! After today's calm CAS somewhat colourless QFTD card............. I just went wild in the class and used every new colour of the new brights collection on my card!! OH I had fun!! And - it fit into the IC!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #803
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
OHHH!! I just loved my card class!! After today's calm CAS somewhat colourless QFTD card............. I just went wild in the class and used every new colour of the new brights collection on my card!! OH I had fun!! And - it fit into the IC!!!
And, what a fun, cheerful card it was, Debz. Love all those butterflies and in sooooo many colors.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 05-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #804
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I posted one of my CAS design team challenge cards today...and I just realized that I forgot the pnz keyword . So I just edited it to get it in there. Hopefully it will show up soon.

My grandkid-sitting this week has been monumental...hard on my schedule for stamping! But maybe tonight I'll get down to my pnz comments...hopefully...!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #805
Stazon Splitcoast

It has been sn**ing since we got up this morning! The lawn is white. All the pretty flowers I had out (at least those in planters and baskets) are now in the garage hiding out until the sun reappears. Those that aren't in planters are under sheets so they don't freeze their little posies off. So not spring. We had those two hot days earlier this month... Wondering now if that was our summer. DD is here tonight so I'll catch you all later. Hugz...
Old 05-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #806
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
It has been sn**ing since we got up this morning! The lawn is white. All the pretty flowers I had out (at least those in planters and baskets) are now in the garage hiding out until the sun reappears. Those that aren't in planters are under sheets so they don't freeze their little posies off. So not spring. We had those two hot days earlier this month... Wondering now if that was our summer. DD is here tonight so I'll catch you all later. Hugz...

That is really bad, Izzy!! Snow!! My word!! It's been drizzing and unseasonably cool here in my neck of the woods - but Sn**!! That's too much!!!! I feel for you!!! And your flowers!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #807
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Izzy, two dayz for summer just wouldn't get it. Here it is almost June and you have a white lawn. Too, too bad! I'll shed some tearz for you.
Maybe next week, Spring will appear after all this winter you are having.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #808
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Izzy, two dayz for summer just wouldn't get it. Here it is almost June and you have a white lawn. Too, too bad! I'll shed some tearz for you.
Maybe next week, Spring will appear after all this winter you are having.
And what a soggy, soggy frozen mess I would have been if I had spent the day waiting by my mailbox Ben-Benzi. It'z a good thing we don't have Saturday Postal delivery here in Canuckland. The sn** was so wet and heavy it actually broke a big branch on our MayDay tree. It was grad day at the local High School. Our youngest DD did a photo shoot for one of the grads. Got some fun shots of the grad holding an umbrella out in the back yard with all the sn** in the background. Ugghh.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #809
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladiez!!

SNOW, Izzy!!! Good heavens, if that doesn't beat all!! I feel for you and your flowers.

Well, both of my kiddos are marching with their Scout troops in our town's Memorial Day Parade tomorrow. This will be Joanna's 6th Memorial Day Parade, and Joel's first. My DH will be marching with Joel and his Cub Scout Den. Joanna is fully independent. So this is the first time I'll be watching the parade all by my lonesome!! Maybe I'll march along with Joel's Den just so I won't be left out

Loved your card class card, Debzi!! So very colorful

Quiltzi--GREAT CAS DT card!! I saw it today and wondered if that's what it is for. Still got my fingers crossed for you. I think you are doing a super job with your tryouts!! Hang in there

I'm still trying to figure out how to make a dust bunniez card . . .
Old 05-31-2010, 06:20 AM   #810

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
Maybe in a shaker card?????
all I am is Yours.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:22 AM   #811

Quote:

Or maybe use it like you would flower soft?????

I'm off to upload my other DT challenge card...
all I am is Yours.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #812
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Maybe in a shaker card?????
Ha...funny! Emzi, if you need more dust for your card, just let me know. I can get it there quicker than I get punchez to Izzy. Plus, I can send lotz.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #813
Full of Malarky

Well, ladies, after agonizing over my FIL father's day card - I went and had my husband have a look at the different sizes of oval's I can use to cut out the image - they aren't as big as I'd like. I'm also undecided about the surrounding colour. DH offered lots of conflicting advice - like- use the biggest oval so you get more of the scene in, but you need to have white bigger oval around the scene he thinks. But - my ovals are only so big. I took him about 5 differnet colours of cardstock - that's too dark - that's too light - I'm not sure - he said . Now I'm really confused.

Never ask you husband's advice. Actually ususually he's pretty good. Maybe I should ask him if I should purchase a cricut or something so as to make just the right size of an oval!! LOL!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 05:48 PM   #814
Full of Malarky

The weather here has been really rainy - but today when I went out walking I was truly warm!! It's muggy outside.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:57 PM   #815
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Well, ladies, after agonizing over my FIL father's day card - I went and had my husband have a look at the different sizes of oval's I can use to cut out the image - they aren't as big as I'd like. I'm also undecided about the surrounding colour. DH offered lots of conflicting advice - like- use the biggest oval so you get more of the scene in, but you need to have white bigger oval around the scene he thinks. But - my ovals are only so big. I took him about 5 differnet colours of cardstock - that's too dark - that's too light - I'm not sure - he said . Now I'm really confused.

Never ask you husband's advice. Actually ususually he's pretty good. Maybe I should ask him if I should purchase a cricut or something so as to make just the right size of an oval!! LOL!!!
So, you think you're going to sneak in a new Cricut, huh? I'll sell you mine.
If the price is right...$25,000. Well, it is pink so that makes it cute. I never use it but I would (maybe) if it were in a different place. Guess, I need a new table. Oh, the things we think up to get new stuff. LOL

You right, Debzi....get that Father's Day card finished and on to mine.

I'm out of town tomorrow for the whole day. Got to vote and then leave.
Talk to you all Wednesday. Behave yourselves while I'm away. None of that 'while the cat's away, the mice will play' stuff. Toodles!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #816
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Drat, drat, and drat! I have lost 2 pieces of a punch and stamp. I bought it (Martha Stewart) about a month ago. It was on my craft table forerver and when I decided I wanted to use it, the pieces were GONE!!!! I'm mad!
Someone have some pityz on me. I had never used a punch and stamp before. Gave one to my sis but that was my first one. Maybe it will show up. Then again, one of the piecez of my Spellbinder's rectangle nestie has been lost for about 3-4 months. I think it went to the garbage...hope not and I'll run across it one day. Cry for me.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-31-2010, 07:17 PM   #817
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Drat, drat, and drat! I have lost 2 pieces of a punch and stamp. I bought it (Martha Stewart) about a month ago. It was on my craft table forerver and when I decided I wanted to use it, the pieces were GONE!!!! I'm mad!
Someone have some pityz on me. I had never used a punch and stamp before. Gave one to my sis but that was my first one. Maybe it will show up. Then again, one of the piecez of my Spellbinder's rectangle nestie has been lost for about 3-4 months. I think it went to the garbage...hope not and I'll run across it one day. Cry for me.
I weepz for youz Benzi!!! Joy doth come in the morning - hold onto hope!!!

I've seen those punch and stamp things by Martha Stewart - oh it irks me when I lose a piece of something!! OH I feel for you!!!! And a piece of a nestie!! Tis too much!!! Much pity, my little billionaire - just go and buy more of the same!!! I bought zee bow easy - do you think I can find it now? My heart takes pity on you girl!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #818
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The weather here has been really rainy - but today when I went out walking I was truly warm!! It's muggy outside.
Yes, muggy it was, and my hair confirmed it BIG time!! Muggy weather and curly hair do NOT go together. I tease Mark Madryga (yes, the weatherman - our kids were in the same class for a few years) by telling him who needs the humidex index, just look at my hair. At least we got a bit of sunshine today!
My SCS Gallery
Old 05-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #819
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The vacuum cleaner got one of my stamps a year ago...almost, and I say almost, dug through the bag in the garage to find it, but decided against it. I feel your pain (((hugs)))
My SCS Gallery
Old 05-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #820
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yup, my hubby said they have had snow in AB every month of the year! That's why I say "pay the taxes in BC" and enjoy the sunshine (amidst the rain of course LOL!) and minimal snow (on the coast anyway)! Hope it melts soon! That will be one Grad they won't forget!
My SCS Gallery
Old 06-01-2010, 12:11 AM   #821
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
Yes, muggy it was, and my hair confirmed it BIG time!! Muggy weather and curly hair do NOT go together. I tease Mark Madryga (yes, the weatherman - our kids were in the same class for a few years) by telling him who needs the humidex index, just look at my hair. At least we got a bit of sunshine today!

I feel your pain!! My hair is quite curly too -and lots of volume!!It's the bain of my existance - or one of them! What you see in my avatar is my hair blown straight, on a non frizzy day, a flat iron gone over it, as well as hair balm to straigten it. When I had my broken wrist - it was scary curly!!

Don't you loathe it when you get your hair nicely arranged - which rarely happens to me -and then you hit the mist / rain - and poof - it's all gone!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #822
Full of Malarky

Quote:

Ohh cool!! He's such a dish!!

Just today my 20 year old was telling me that meterology on the coast is a big sham!!! He says between the Fraser River, the Pacific Ocean and the mountain ranges - they simply cannot predict our weather with any accurancy. And - that is true enough!! But they try!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #823
Full of Malarky

BTW - Benzi - I got my FIL card uploaded -and in doing so I thought it would meet the stamping B challenge - so I put it in there. It is not overtly patriotic - but as I coloured it , I remember that my FIL is a veteran of WW2 - and he served on a warship in the Canadian Navy. He went over to Hong Kong as part of his tour of duty. I think that is where he got his love of the sea. There are very few WW2 veterans left in Canada -and we are also celebrating the centennial of Canada's Navy. I explained that in my card and commented on all of the other stamping B cards - so I hope that is okay.

Now the sheepish card!!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:00 AM   #824
Stazon Splitcoast

I understand about the curly, unruly hair!!!! Today is one of those "bad" hair days for me!!! The humidity is just awful and my hair is showing it!!! There is no taming it!!! UGH!!!!! I know you all feel my pain! LOL!

Oh MamaIzzy....I just can't believe that you still have snow!!! Oh boy!!! I better get those crocheted mittens and hat done and up to you so you can stand by your mailbox! Yowzers!

I hope to get to all the pnz cards sometime today to leave comments. We were camping this past holiday weekend and when I got home last night, I was to hot and tired to do anything cept for throwing some wash in. I HAD to do that or I would be naked today at work! (AAACCCKKKKK...what a thought!) LOL!

Catch you all later!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:07 AM   #825
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hi ladiez!!

A dust bunniez card? Wouldn't THAT be a great idea? I'm sure we could all make one of those cards! I know I could. I haven't cleaned my house in a couple of weeks (I mean thoroughly clean).
So, would we use these dust bunniez the way one uses Flower Soft?
Old 06-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #826
Die Cut Diva

Hello all you Punchkateerz! I just wanted to touch baze, because I have had such a buzy weekend working my little heart out. I managed to get some card-commenting done, but no card-making.

I did, however, make a couple of cards last week during a brief un-buzy spell and will upload them thiz morning.

I have started my own blog (why, you may ask? just becauze, it looked fun!) and it has taken up quite a bit of time figuring stuff out. I am also learning how to do watermarks on my card photoz, (thankz to Emzi for some tips there!), and there has been quite a bit of trial and error there.

So.....glad to be back participating on SCS a bit more than I was the last week and a half or so!

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #827
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hey Punchkateers
I just caught up on my commenting this morning. You have all been busy little cardmakers while I was away. I am behind on everything but laundry at this point.....as I did the laundry and ironing first to get the worst job out of the way!!! We had a fabulous family vacation...didn't want to come back to reality, but we have to pay the bills so we are home. I'll be posting pictures as I will be scrapbooking them. I took 108 pictures, my youngest on took 83, and my oldest 38. So I have some pictures!!! I am off to work on a card that I am so late making. Will be back later.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #828
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I feel your pain!! My hair is quite curly too -and lots of volume!!It's the bain of my existance - or one of them! What you see in my avatar is my hair blown straight, on a non frizzy day, a flat iron gone over it, as well as hair balm to straigten it. When I had my broken wrist - it was scary curly!!

Don't you loathe it when you get your hair nicely arranged - which rarely happens to me -and then you hit the mist / rain - and poof - it's all gone!!!
Being the practical thing that I am, I can't be bothered straightening my hair as it just doesn't last in our weather LOL! So, the only thing I ever straighten are my bangs and it doesn't take much for them to "spring" into action at the slightest bit of humidity, fog, mist, light rain etc. Wash and wear hair is the way to go LOL! Saves a lot of grief and frustration all round and each day brings a surprise as to the tightness of the curl and degree of frizz on the misty days. Oh the joys of curly hair...LOL!
My SCS Gallery
Old 06-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #829
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoatsmom View Post
Hello all you Punchkateerz! I just wanted to touch baze, because I have had such a buzy weekend working my little heart out. I managed to get some card-commenting done, but no card-making.

I did, however, make a couple of cards last week during a brief un-buzy spell and will upload them thiz morning.

I have started my own blog (why, you may ask? just becauze, it looked fun!) and it has taken up quite a bit of time figuring stuff out. I am also learning how to do watermarks on my card photoz, (thankz to Emzi for some tips there!), and there has been quite a bit of trial and error there.

So.....glad to be back participating on SCS a bit more than I was the last week and a half or so!

Have a great Tuesday!

I started my own blog to challenge the old gray matter, stay up on some technology and have a great way to track my development in card making skills. It's been a blast Sure you'll love it too. Hang in there with the learning curve, once you've mastered it you'll wonder why it was ever an issue Welcome to blog world
My SCS Gallery
Old 06-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #830
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all - our snow has all disappeared and the sun is actually shining. My "rubber room" is upside-down - all my cherished stampin' possessions are stacked in the living room and hallway. Since we decided to cancel our trip to Wyoming, and then decided not to go camping until it warms up a bit, we are taking advantage of these 'found' days to work on projects around the house. Today it's painting my stampin' space! The colours are pretty close to Baja Breeze and Kraft. I'll do some wordart on the walls in dark brown. Surprisingly close to some of the colours on Verve packaging. Subliminal messages perhaps... (And I did just place a Verve order yesterday - gotta take advantage when there's a sale!) Catch you later!

Oh, just a note about the humidity you galz are experiencing. High humidity is a very rare thing here - but, then again, we had snow on Saturday so...
Old 06-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #831
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Girlz, you don't know humidity until you live where I do. Just ask some people from the north that visit here. They cannot tolerate it. You can go outside some days in the hot summer and be drenched...quickly.

I got to go to Michael's and a LSS store yesterday. Yippee! Didn't do too much damage. A couple sheets of dp, a few A Muse stamps (love A Muse) at the LSS and the hydrangea punch and butterfly punch at Mike's. Not too much else. But, what fun that was!!!!

I got some new storage for my anniversary...just a bit early but needed it NOW if you know what I mean. Running out of space to put STUFF. Are we all addicted or what?

Ending with BIG CONGRATZ to Princezzi on being a DT for the MMSC. You go, girl! That is fabulouz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #832
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Girlz, you don't know humidity until you live where I do. Just ask some people from the north that visit here. They cannot tolerate it. You can go outside some days in the hot summer and be drenched...quickly.

I got to go to Michael's and a LSS store yesterday. Yippee! Didn't do too much damage. A couple sheets of dp, a few A Muse stamps (love A Muse) at the LSS and the hydrangea punch and butterfly punch at Mike's. Not too much else. But, what fun that was!!!!

I got some new storage for my anniversary...just a bit early but needed it NOW if you know what I mean. Running out of space to put STUFF. Are we all addicted or what?

Ending with BIG CONGRATZ to Princezzi on being a DT for the MMSC. You go, girl! That is fabulouz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been in Georgia in August and it was HUMID!!! Nothing like hearing the air conditioning running all night. Nothing like we get up here, but for us West Coasters who have moisture in the air all the time, humidity is a whole other ball game LOL!

Glad you had fun shopping and also got some storage goodies If you put in storage, it will be filled LOL! Enjoy your new goodies
My SCS Gallery
Old 06-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #833
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Have a great Tuesday!
I checked out your blog and I became a follower. Left you a comment but it disappeared. The thing about it showing after owner approval disappeared, also. Maybe I should try again.
I am very interested in starting a blog but not quite sure how to go about it or if I want to because I do not have a minute to spare as it is. I think I would enjoy it, though. I may pm you later about it....with questions.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #834
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I checked out your blog and I became a follower. Left you a comment but it disappeared. The thing about it showing after owner approval disappeared, also. Maybe I should try again.
I am very interested in starting a blog but not quite sure how to go about it or if I want to because I do not have a minute to spare as it is. I think I would enjoy it, though. I may pm you later about it....with questions.
I've got my own blog too and have loved it (can check on any SCS gallery post as I have a link to my blog there). It's a bit of a learning curve at first (at least it was for me LOL) but it definitely keeps the old gray matter working and also keeps me in the loop regarding what the younger generations are into (and my kids will be there soon enough!) It does take time to write your posts etc. and can be time consuming, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. If you have any questions, just let me know
My SCS Gallery
Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #835
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
I've got my own blog too and have loved it (can check on any SCS gallery post as I have a link to my blog there). It's a bit of a learning curve at first (at least it was for me LOL) but it definitely keeps the old gray matter working and also keeps me in the loop regarding what the younger generations are into (and my kids will be there soon enough!) It does take time to write your posts etc. and can be time consuming, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. If you have any questions, just let me know
Marisa, I just checked out your blog and signed in as a follower. It is a very nice blog. I wonder if I would have any followers but guess that takes time. You punchiez could follow me, kind of like a roadie. LOL
Believe me, I will have questions if I decide to do this. My sis sent me
an article from a card magazine about setting up a blog and it answered some of my questions. I must be crazy to even consider it. I'll for sure have plenty of dust for Emzi's dust bunniez card if I do it.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 06-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #836
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Being the practical thing that I am, I can't be bothered straightening my hair as it just doesn't last in our weather LOL! So, the only thing I ever straighten are my bangs and it doesn't take much for them to "spring" into action at the slightest bit of humidity, fog, mist, light rain etc. Wash and wear hair is the way to go LOL! Saves a lot of grief and frustration all round and each day brings a surprise as to the tightness of the curl and degree of frizz on the misty days. Oh the joys of curly hair...LOL!
You look like you've got well behaved curly hair, if I may say so!!!! Mine grows itself into a grandmotherly puff. It's not kinky curly - or that might work. Once I grew my hair long like you- and my friends - I was in my teens then - called my pyrimad head. ( sP)? It grew itself into an every widening triangle.

I used to do wash and wear back in my younger days -but every day was a struggle of - how will it turn out???? Of course, that is somewhat the case now too!!

Brr cold today!!!! and raining!!! I am cold!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #837
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Have a great Tuesday!
LOVE the new blog, Blondzi!!! Congratulations I know you are going to have fun with it!!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #838
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Hey Punchkateers
I just caught up on my commenting this morning. You have all been busy little cardmakers while I was away. I am behind on everything but laundry at this point.....as I did the laundry and ironing first to get the worst job out of the way!!! We had a fabulous family vacation...didn't want to come back to reality, but we have to pay the bills so we are home. I'll be posting pictures as I will be scrapbooking them. I took 108 pictures, my youngest on took 83, and my oldest 38. So I have some pictures!!! I am off to work on a card that I am so late making. Will be back later.
Welcome back, BEARZI!!!

So glad you had a great vacation!! But I'm dying to know--where did you guys go?????

Looking forward to seeing your scrapbook pages when you get around to them
Old 06-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #839
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

OK, this is going to make me look like a big dope, but can I ask what "LSS"? I can only guess--is it "little stamp store"?

Our very own Pamzi?? A designer for Midnight Madness??? Oh, my goodness, I feel like I'm the last to know. That's amazing!!! CONGRATULATIONS, PRINCESS PAMZI!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #840
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Marisa, I just checked out your blog and signed in as a follower. It is a very nice blog. I wonder if I would have any followers but guess that takes time. You punchiez could follow me, kind of like a roadie. LOL
Believe me, I will have questions if I decide to do this. My sis sent me
an article from a card magazine about setting up a blog and it answered some of my questions. I must be crazy to even consider it. I'll for sure have plenty of dust for Emzi's dust bunniez card if I do it.
I'm with Benzi--I have to admit that the whole blogging thing is very intriguing and I've pondered it as well, but I'd also have to wonder: who in the world would "follow" little ol' me???? I can just see myself pouring heart and soul into a blog and then having no one to read it!!! Sigh . . .