Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #521
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam124 View Post
P.Z. I don't think marriages done "in utero" are legal, are they Kookzi?????

You should know, legal secretary and all........
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #522
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hi, my name is Quiltzi and

I bought a new punch today!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #523
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post

O.K., Quiltzi....let's hear all about it. You have to share.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Hebrews 13:2
Old 05-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #524

Oh, all right...I mosied into Michaels to check out the sales. Nothing much I wanted anywhere til I got to the aisle with the punches. Of course I had to LOOK...didn't I?
Well, they had a new collection of those new EK Success punches...and they were 30% off...and they had one that was a bigger scallop...it's this one here...and of course it just jumped into my hand. And it stayed there all the way through the store.

Now, off to think up something to do with it.
all I am is Yours.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #525
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hey Quiltzi, we are called the Punchkateerz, not the Punchaholics (although I'm certain it should be the latter). We proudly announce the aquisition of all new punchez! Cute choice for yer new punch. It knew it would find a good home it it could stay with you as you wandered about the store. (Benzi has sent me the English Ivy one by EK Success in the package she mailed to me. Along with several others. So excited! Right Ben-Benzi?) We woke up to snow this morning so I didn't spend the whole day by the mailbox. Good thing I was home this afternoon as I got a beautiful vase of freesias from DS/DIL for Mother's Day.

BTW, I got a new PATP set this week too! The double loops one. Just haven't had a chance to use it yet. DH is on a cleaning/sorting/painting kick and my "Rubber Room" will soon benefit from a new coat of paint. It has been the most horrible blue with a Colorado Avalanche NHL border all the way around (no offence to any Avalanche fans, but it is not what I want for 'my' room). We think the room was actually painted by the previous owner's teenage son because the paint job is so, ummm, how shall I describe it... bad. Paint on the ceiling, paint on the trim, paint on the doors, paint on the carpet. And missed spots and blotchy on the walls. We moved the futon/bunk bed combo that we had in there downstairs so the room is now completely dedicated to my addictionz....errr, I mean my crafting. But the awful paint job shows up even more now that the bed is gone. Must get the downstairs areas painted first but they are on tomorrow's schedule. Then I have to pick my colours. I'm thinking along the lines of Baja Breeze with Kraft trim...
Old 05-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #526
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh, all right...I mosied into Michaels to check out the sales. Nothing much I wanted anywhere til I got to the aisle with the punches. Of course I had to LOOK...didn't I?
Well, they had a new collection of those new EK Success punches...and they were 30% off...and they had one that was a bigger scallop...it's this one here...and of course it just jumped into my hand. And it stayed there all the way through the store.

Quiltzi, CONGRATS on your new punch acquisition!! OOOOOH, can't wait to see what you do with it. I hate when they jumpzi into your handzi and you can't do a thingzi about itzi!!! ENJOYZI!!!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #527
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah40:31 View Post
Hey Quiltzi, we are called the Punchkateerz, not the Punchaholics (although I'm certain it should be the latter). We proudly announce the aquisition of all new punchez! Cute choice for yer new punch. It knew it would find a good home it it could stay with you as you wandered about the store. (Benzi has sent me the English Ivy one by EK Success in the package she mailed to me. Along with several others. So excited! Right Ben-Benzi?) We woke up to snow this morning so I didn't spend the whole day by the mailbox. Good thing I was home this afternoon as I got a beautiful vase of freesias from DS/DIL for Mother's Day.

BTW, I got a new PATP set this week too! The double loops one. Just haven't had a chance to use it yet. DH is on a cleaning/sorting/painting kick and my "Rubber Room" will soon benefit from a new coat of paint. It has been the most horrible blue with a Colorado Avalanche NHL border all the way around (no offence to any Avalanche fans, but it is not what I want for 'my' room). We think the room was actually painted by the previous owner's teenage son because the paint job is so, ummm, how shall I describe it... bad. Paint on the ceiling, paint on the trim, paint on the doors, paint on the carpet. And missed spots and blotchy on the walls. We moved the futon/bunk bed combo that we had in there downstairs so the room is now completely dedicated to my addictionz....errr, I mean my crafting. But the awful paint job shows up even more now that the bed is gone. Must get the downstairs areas painted first but they are on tomorrow's schedule. Then I have to pick my colours. I'm thinking along the lines of Baja Breeze with Kraft trim...
Hey Da Dizzy: I figured you wouldn't get anything from our 16-year old billionaire Benzi!!! She owes me a cool tree stampzi that I know I'll never getzi!!

Oooh, how exciting about getting your dedicated rubber room of madness. Bet you can't wait to get it painted. One thingzi at a timezi okayzi!!!! It's funny how we think in stamping color themes, isn't it. I have kind of a dedicated area, but I share it with our washing machine/dryer!! So, I can't decide what color to paint it, so I haven't yet, but it's on zee list to do!!

Laterzi
Da Princezzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #528
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
You should know, legal secretary and all........
You're right Brainzi9999, I was just trying to be nice and not embarrass Kookzi. The truth iz, it aintzi legalzi!!! Guess it's kind of latezi for her to do anything about it, ya thinkzi????

Hey, how's Hillzibillzi doing . . . .
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #529
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeaton View Post
Just after I uploaded my card, and saw Pamzi's immediate comment, I realized that I'd forgotten my PNZ keyword. I edited my posting to add it, so it's all taken care of and my card is now residing in each and every gallery where it belongs. Thanks for mentioning it, Pamzi!! And thank goodness for that editing function!!! And being a Fan Club member means that any edits (and being an editor at heart means that I'm always going back to tweak and, well, . . . edit) that I make take effect darn right quick.

My daughter is fine now and back at school after missing only the one day (but ruining her perfect attendance nonetheless). Thanks for asking! And while I never got ill myself, I've been sick at heart for most of the week while watching (and helping) her deal with some nasty stuff that's been going on at school. She's a good student, loves to learn, and is conscientious about her studies. She's also very much her own person, which I know sounds great to us adults (and in a few years will be such an asset), but it makes life challenging for her. Even though she's not in middle school yet (she'll start MS with 6th grade in the fall), the middle school expectation of everyone fitting in or risk being excluded is already kicking in. So I've been giving her as much support as possible this week, trying to give her a big picture view. We've been spending a lot of time talking. Lots of good life lessons going on here this week, but, my goodness, it's draining. I think she's getting a handle on things now, but, man, it's hard to watch your child grapple with stuff and resist stepping in to try to "fix" it all for her.

OK, I'm sure that's waaaaaay more than y'all wanted to know. I'll stop chattering now . . . .
Oh Emzi, you didn't go on too long. I totally understand how difficult this must be with your daughter. It's so weird that after you graduate, none of that "school" stuff seems to matter anymore, but when you're in it, it's EVERYTHING!! You're a great Mom for spending time talking with her about it and trying to help her work it out. Unfortunately, you can't do it all for them huh???? Darn that!!! Just keep supporting her and she'll make it through like we all did. Hugs and prayers to you both!!

See, I can be nice when I need to be!!! Unlike those 2 younginziz that got into our group. Hey, don't you have to be at least 25 to get into this group. There goes Benzi and Kookzi!!!! And Benzi, we can't be BOUGHT off. Even if we could, we'd never get your $$$$$ like we never get your punchezzzzzzz!!

DA PRINCEZZI PAMZI
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #530
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooopz, talking to mezelf againzi!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #531
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Emzi, I thought you liked me being PREZ. Oh, I'd rather be 16 and not Prez than 35 or older and be PREZ. With my billions, I'll just buy the position. LOL
I can do that, can't I?
Of COURSE I like you being Prez!!! I do!!! Please note, that unlike the other rowdies in this bunch, I have always been respectful of you and used your proper Benzi name. Seeing as perhaps you are underage, then I think just buying the presidency is definitely your best course of action. (punchez all around, perhaps?)
Old 05-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #532
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oooo, that's quite a looker, Quiltzi. Great choice!! I can't wait to see how you use it. I'll bet it's a fun one
Old 05-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #533
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm thinking along the lines of Baja Breeze with Kraft trim...
OOoooo, that combo sounds, as Pamzi would say, YUMMO!!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #534
Stazon Splitcoast

Now I'm pulling a "Pamzi" (snort) and just sitting around talking to myself!

Just wanted to say thanks for the support, commiseration, and kind words everyone in regards to my DD. It helps so much knowing I'm not the only one who's gone thru this sort of thing. Parenting really is the hardest job we'll ever love!

Thankz, Punchkateerz!!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #535
Stazon Splitcoast

Quiltzi.....didn't Queenzi Pamzi zplain to you that when you buy a new punch, that you have to buy ALL OF UZ a new punch too??????? LOL! Pamzi, izn't thiz how it workz?????
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #536
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Just wanted to say thanks for the support, commiseration, and kind words everyone in regards to my DD. It helps so much knowing I'm not the only one who's gone thru this sort of thing. Parenting really is the hardest job we'll ever love!

Thankz, Punchkateerz!!
Emzi, U R zo right!!!! Parenting iz one of the hardezt jobz that we have!!! PLUZ, kidz don't come with inztructionz!!!!! No eazy anzwerz....no right or wrong. You are a wonderful mom........God has blessed you and your DD!!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #537
Stazon Splitcoast

Dizzy Wizzy, have fun painting thiz weekend!!!! I love having frezhly painted wallz! Can't wait to zee what you do with your new punch!!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #538
Full of Malarky

Quote:

Thankz, Punchkateerz!!
Oh how true!! My heart goes out to you! I have DS - aged 25 and 20 - and it's much smoother sailing now than it was in their teen years - esp for my eldest son. Some of kids seem to have more challenges come their way than the others. I cannot tell you how many nights I lay awake in a knot about one of my eldests decisions........ they were not always sensible.

Or - maybe you child gets teased some - one of mine did - and your heart just goes out to them.

Oh those little people of ours!! They do hold our hearts.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #539
Full of Malarky

I talk to myself here on the site all the time. Not a problem!!! Grocery shopping today - isn't it always??? And I got a new pair of walking shoes. Runners really. I think you guys call them sneakers.

Could have bought a lot of nice punches for that price.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #540
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
I talk to myself here on the site all the time. Not a problem!!! Grocery shopping today - isn't it always??? And I got a new pair of walking shoes. Runners really. I think you guys call them sneakers.

Could have bought a lot of nice punches for that price.
"Runners" works for me! And no kidding about how many punchez that would buy! May have to go barefoot this summer. If we EVER GET SUMMER! As I said earlier, we woke up to snow again this morning!!! It's May!!! Enough already. OK, rant over.

Emzi - I so hear you about your DD and I can empathize. Girls! I remember many tears when our youngest was in Grade 5 and some sweet child on the playground came up with a "game" where somebody got "voted off the playground" each day and wasn't "allowed" to play with the rest of the kids. Yikes!! That was 10 years ago and I still get upset when I think about it. And that's just one daughter's experience. Many, many talks with both DDs about how the kids they went to school with wouldn't likely be part of their life once they graduated. And now, they are both amazing, confident young women who can both stand up for themselves when they need to. Somehow the issues were different with our son - boys (at least among his friends) didn't seem to play with emotions so much. Hugz to you and your DD! She's lucky to have a Mom that will listen and talk to her. Later palz...
Old 05-08-2010, 04:53 AM   #541

Quote:
I'm thinking along the lines of Baja Breeze with Kraft trim...
I agree with Emzi...this would be luscious...I'm jealous!
all I am is Yours.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:39 AM   #542
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Drat! I missed all the chatter last night while I was in a beautiful villa in the South of France. You know I had to be searching the world for punchez, girlz.

Kraft and Baja Blue sounds super Da Dizzy.

While we're all talking about mothering our children, I want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #543

Quote:
Oooo, that's quite a looker, Quiltzi. Great choice!! I can't wait to see how you use it. I'll bet it's a fun one
Well, I posted my first card with my new punch...
all I am is Yours.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:09 AM   #544
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi Galz.... Sorry I have been missing the last few dayz. My DH, Phil has Parkinson's and had a really rough week so I wanted to give him some special attention and do some things he has been wanting to do.

Emzi, sorry your DD is going through some tough times. I remember when Sara went through that in grade school. I did just what you are doing, talk, talk, talk. I remember telling her to be who she is no matter what, and in the long run it paid off, she was the Home Coming Queen in High School and president of her sorority in college. You get the picture! Hang in there!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #545
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies So sorry I haven't joined in the fun here. It has been INSANE around here! Just finished making 300+ Mother's Day cards for stores and had to pull three 1:00 a.m. nights to get them all done. Good news: They are done and delivered. Now just hope they sell.

I think I have callouses on my hands from using so many punchez so many timez!! Think my punched image pile was close to if not over 600 when it was all said and done! You would all be proud Thankfully all the punchez survived to live another day, though a few of them needed a time out before I could finish using them as much as I needed to.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my cardz Will be another busy week so hope to be able to get a few cards done. HAVE to get my Curtain Call DT card done so that will be one for sure Hopefully a few more after that. Have a great week ladies!!
My SCS Gallery
Old 05-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #546
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Cathleen, so sorry about your DH having Parkinson's. So much to deal with in this world. I'm sure he appreciated and loved you for taking so much time with him this week.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #547
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterockmama View Post
Hi ladies So sorry I haven't joined in the fun here. It has been INSANE around here! Just finished making 300+ Mother's Day cards for stores and had to pull three 1:00 a.m. nights to get them all done. Good news: They are done and delivered. Now just hope they sell.

I think I have callouses on my hands from using so many punchez so many timez!! Think my punched image pile was close to if not over 600 when it was all said and done! You would all be proud Thankfully all the punchez survived to live another day, though a few of them needed a time out before I could finish using them as much as I needed to.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my cardz Will be another busy week so hope to be able to get a few cards done. HAVE to get my Curtain Call DT card done so that will be one for sure Hopefully a few more after that. Have a great week ladies!!
My gosh, I don't think I've made that many cardz since I started on this card making journey. Good luck with the sales. I am sure you're stressed out!
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #548
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

300 cards??? WOW....I thought that 100 wedding invitations was rough! I'm in awe, GF!!!! Good luck with the sales!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #549
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorina View Post
Hi Galz.... Sorry I have been missing the last few dayz. My DH, Phil has Parkinson's and had a really rough week so I wanted to give him some special attention and do some things he has been wanting to do.

Emzi, sorry your DD is going through some tough times. I remember when Sara went through that in grade school. I did just what you are doing, talk, talk, talk. I remember telling her to be who she is no matter what, and in the long run it paid off, she was the Home Coming Queen in High School and president of her sorority in college. You get the picture! Hang in there!

Oh Clazi - I am so sorry to hear that your husband has Parkinson's to cope with. That is a lot for both of you. I'm glad you took time out to spend time with him- that is very important.

Life hands us so many curveballs, doesn't it! You take care!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #550

Punchkateers!!!
Welcome Quiltzi and congrats on the new punch.
Emzi I know what your talking about and empathize with you-it's even the same for boys.

I broke my darn Cuttlebug Friday morning. I was devastated. Found my 40% off Micheal's coupon and bought a new one today. It was only 18 months old!!! I also had to sharpen my "frond" punch. The foil and wax paper method works well for me. It was cutting again in no time!

I only have 3 more classes. It is going to be hectic the next week and a half. Of course, I will be having an exam a week from Tuesday. So I maybe MIA for a bit. I wanted to wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #551
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Punchkateers!!!
Emzi I know what your talking about and empathize with you-it's even the same for boys.

I broke my darn Cuttlebug Friday morning. I was devastated. Found my 40% off Micheal's coupon and bought a new one today. It was only 18 months old!!! I also had to sharpen my "frond" punch. The foil and wax paper method works well for me. It was cutting again in no time!

I only have 3 more classes. It is going to be hectic the next week and a half. Of course, I will be having an exam a week from Tuesday. So I maybe MIA for a bit. I wanted to wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day!!!
Bearzi, are you there? How on earth did you break your Cuttlebug? That is terrible.
2014 CAS Spring DT
Old 05-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #552
Full of Malarky

If I know Bearzi - she was exercising with that cuttlebug - probably lifting it up with one arm to tone up her arms -and she dropped it!! I bet it was in sacrifice to the cause of the punchkateers excerise video!!

Well - I'm working hard on colouring an image from Mo's Digital pencil for a mother's day card for my mom. It's the one where the big heavy older woman is hanging up clothes on an outdoor line. My mom has a good sense of humour and she's always loved to hang her clothes on an outdoor line. If I don't get it finished - I can always give her my house mice pink card that is already in my gallery.......... Let's hope I get this one done!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #553
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Mother's Day all my Punchkateer friendz!!!!!! God Bless you all!

Guess what!!!!!! Hubby bought me a new punch yesterday for Mom's Day, plus some glitter markers!!! YAY! He's a keeper! I used it today on my FS card.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #554

Happy Mother's Day to all the Momzi's!

Debzi, I love that image, I hope you are going to post it!

Kookzi, What new and fun punch did you get?

Bearzi, We all want to know how you beak a cuddlebug?

Old 05-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #555
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
Drat! I missed all the chatter last night while I was in a beautiful villa in the South of France. You know I had to be searching the world for punchez, girlz.

Kraft and Baja Blue sounds super Da Dizzy.

While we're all talking about mothering our children, I want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day.
Villa in the South of France - I truly doubt that one Benzi. Do I have to start calling you lie-zi now???? If you're that rich, don't you just have your people take care of punch purchasez and searchez for you?? You sure aren't a very experienced billionaire!!

Hugzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #556
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbeary8 View Post
Punchkateers!!!

Bearzi, I almost fell down and dropped dead when I read you broke your CB. How does one break a CB anyway???? I'm with Brainzi, you must have been trying out a new exercize move involving the CB itzelf when the tragic accident occurred. But, did you lose any weight whilst breaking zee CB????

Ooooh, I'll be praying for your to do well on your exams. I know you will do a terrific job!!

I wouldn't put on your resume when you're looking for a job that you broke your CB though - You will be blacklisted for any employment anywhere with that one on your record. Us Punchkateerz will keepz it top zecretz okayzi???

Hugz
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #557
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Happy Mother's Day all my Punchkateer friendz!!!!!! God Bless you all!

Guess what!!!!!! Hubby bought me a new punch yesterday for Mom's Day, plus some glitter markers!!! YAY! He's a keeper! I used it today on my FS card.
Happy Mother's Day to all of your tooooooz!!! OOOOOH, a new punch and some glitter markerz - you go girlzi!! I have to check the pnz card updates. Had my sister in town and MD things today, so will play catch up later

Hugzi
FS149, QFTD44

Last edited by pam124; 05-09-2010 at 02:10 PM..
Old 05-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #558
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Woo Hoo Ritzi - you go GIRLZI!!! Wow, you are da queen of them there punchez!! That'z a heck of a lot of cardz!! Makes my Christmas list seem pathetic!! I bet they will get bought up.

Can't wait to see more of you on the gallery!!

Hugzi
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #559
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorina View Post

Howdy Clazi: I'm so sorry to hear your husband has Parkinson's. How great that you could spend some special time with him. That trumps time with zee punchez, that's for sure!!

Hang in there!!!
FS149, QFTD44
Old 05-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #560
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thankz, Punchkateerz!!
You are right about that Emzi - parenting IS the hardest job, yet SO important!! You are doing a great job!!!

Happy Mother's Day
FS149, QFTD44