Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Education (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/education-f294/)
-   -   Welcome to the Talented Teacher Forum! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/education-f294/welcome-talented-teacher-forum-t510065.html)

UnderstandBlue 10-25-2010 04:17 PM

Welcome to the Talented Teacher Forum!

This forum is the result of some hard work and great ideas by some of our teacher members who wanted to share some crafty and other ideas of special interest to the special group of people whose life work is teaching!

Show us what you've got! :)

53queenbee 10-25-2010 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, yea! Although I am a retired teacher, all my friends are still teaching and I keep them updated. I am thrilled to see this!

I have posted this before and if someone is teaching a sewing class it is a fun way to learn quilting. Heck, if I taught math I would use it too! Or, there is a cool short story about quilts a teacher and I did a cooperative lesson with art. English read it, designed a quilt and colors with the art teacher, and my students sewed it.

Anyway enjoy and use the handout to your advantage! There is a picture in my gallery and I am teaching this on Nov. 5 to 35 women...and yes, they will learn to sew! LOL

Attachment 199104

tamijo 10-27-2010 02:44 AM

YAY! as a teacher I am so excited about this- someone pointed me this way!

stampinsweeney 10-27-2010 01:42 PM

Cool

smhtwin 10-29-2010 03:06 PM

I'm so glad this thread has been created!

I usually just pirate off of the Craft Sale threads to get ideas but it will be nice to have a place devoted specifically to teachers.

We love teachers! Our son is a special-needs child and his teachers are amazing :p

lgulotta 10-30-2010 05:51 AM

No wonder I just noticed this section--it's brand new! I think it's a great idea, and as a teacher I will probably be here often :-)

TrulySouthern 10-30-2010 09:32 PM

I am a teacher's aide and I am sooo excited about this thread!!! I work in a 6th grade hall and we all have the best time giving out fun little treats for every holiday...I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with...What fun!! :0)

shastess 10-31-2010 07:43 AM

YAY! I am a teacher who comes from a family of teachers!!!

nancystamps 10-31-2010 04:11 PM

I'm not a teacher, but I am a "room mom", and I help the teacher with classroom celebrations and special activities. I'm looking forward to lots of great ideas in this forum.

greenmaytag 11-02-2010 04:18 PM

Count me in too.

KelliJo 11-02-2010 07:59 PM

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!! and THANK YOU!!!!!

Carole4312 11-05-2010 01:11 PM

I teach Art in a Secondary School in the UK .... can I join in too please ?!!

prairiejen 11-05-2010 06:21 PM

Carole.......long time.

I teach art in a K-6 school, I've been teaching 24 years!!!!
Jen

SuG 11-06-2010 07:19 PM

I am not a teacher, I love teachers!
I don't see why this isn't in the stamping stuff section of the forums, it would get more visibility.
I think it will be great for us parents to see what teacher''s might really want for gifts!
I hear you are all sick to death of apples. :)

davesgram 11-06-2010 07:53 PM

What a great idea! Come Spring I should have my credential! So excited!

prairiejen 11-08-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 17542840)
I am not a teacher, I love teachers!
I don't see why this isn't in the stamping stuff section of the forums, it would get more visibility.
I think it will be great for us parents to see what teacher''s might really want for gifts!
I hear you are all sick to death of apples. :)

One of the best things to give a teacher is a letter thanking them for being in their child's life.

davesgram 11-08-2010 04:43 PM

I have kept the letters, notes and cards parents have given me, thanking me for helping their child.

whim6915 11-09-2010 01:56 PM

My beautiful DIL is a second grade teacher and she and I have been spending time coming up with ideas for ways of communicating things to the parents or making her students feel really good about their week/work/behavior/whatever. She designs and then we make things like 'way to go' postcards to send home with the children in their folders so that parents can see that their child has had a successful week or overcome a particular issue. I stamp goofy things on a postcard size piece of cardstock and then she uses them to communicate whatever - we try to make 40 or 50 every couple of months so that she always has a supply. The kids are thrilled to see the 'teacher mail' and the parents are delighted to see their children feel good about themselves. I stamp bugs, fairies, dorky bird (Stamps by Judith) or just fun images on the cards in primary colors and apparently, the kids love them. All of the children receive one and just get so excited when they see her putting the 'mail' in their folders.

I sure hope this is one of the types of things that is supposed to be 'talked' about in this forum. I would love to see more ideas!

squirrellyshirley 11-10-2010 08:22 AM

OK, all you teachers.....I just posted this in the Family forum, as I didn't know this teacher forum existed.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...p-t511594.html

PLEASE DO NOT FLAME ME...... I'm just frustrated, exhausted, and over whelmed!! I would love any advise!!

prairiejen 11-10-2010 09:12 AM

I responded to your post. We've all been there in one way or another.....

SuG 11-12-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairiejen (Post 17547859)
One of the best things to give a teacher is a letter thanking them for being in their child's life.

I let my volunteering speak for that and ask my child to write it down for their teachers.

mesmark 11-22-2010 07:51 AM

I'm teaching ESL in Japan. I've been making my own teaching materials and more for 9 years now most of which I post online to share with other teachers.

This is an awesome forum and I'm happy to contribute what I can.

c3wham 11-28-2010 03:51 PM

Hi Ladies, I'm a teacher too! Been teaching for 25 years now. For the past 10 years I've been a first/second multi-age teacher and just love it. I use my rubber stamps daily at school. In fact the kids have a "stamp sheet" that is really a daily progress sheet they take home each week to show their parents. Kids love getting stamps on their papers as much as stickers, but so much cheaper!! I look forward to reading more posts here.

kasiehamman 12-19-2010 08:50 PM

Great thread. I am a kindergarten teacher. I have taught preschool, special ed and kinder for the last 10 years. I love being a teacher. I couldn't ask for a greater job!
I can't wait to see some projects! Bring em on!

laureljeanne 12-21-2010 10:42 AM

Wow - this is a cool thread. I've had to slow down on my stamping while I work toward my teaching degree, certification, internship (plus mommyhood to 3 schoolage kids). So, I can't wait to see how this thread develops! I can use all the advice I can get.

ineedthat 12-22-2010 09:04 AM

Just found this thread...I have taught Kindergarten for 6 years. Can't wait to see how this thread develops.

Scrapezoid 01-09-2011 09:13 PM

I am very excited about this thread. I'm not quite a teacher yet, but I'm in college working towards it. I'll definitely be poking my head in here as often as time will allow.

KIm VZ 02-02-2011 03:22 PM

I've been teaching for 10 years and just found this thread also. I've taught K, 1st and 4th grades. Would love to find activities to involve the students besides just stamping holiday cards for parents. But also realize the activities would have to be academic since craft time is mostly a thing of the past.

mtgchic 03-13-2011 08:20 PM

Hi all! What a great forum to start! :) I teach high school math (but this week is spring break--woohoo!).

Stamper21 03-17-2011 07:31 PM

I have been blessed to have had wonderful teachers at our Grade School and Middle School where my kids go. I have a few of my projects on my blog. There are two gifts and a teacher apprecation gift that I made for each teach at our school (42) note pads. I loved making all these gifts. Hope you might take the time to look at what I have done.
Take Care,
My Blog is: A Creative Corner
I hope its ok that I posted the address, hope I didn't break any rules.

casep 05-27-2011 03:32 PM

I am just finishing my 37th year of teaching. A friend directed me to this forum. I look forward to finding and sharing ideas for school/teachr crafts here.

Meschill 07-08-2011 03:26 PM

I'm so excited to find this forum. I am a first year 5th grade teacher and would love ideas of things to make to decorate my room or games for the kids using my huge collection of rubber stamps and paper!!!

Thanks,
Meschill

20somethingStamper 08-03-2011 05:08 PM

Just starting my student teaching semester of grad school next week...excited to be working in a 4th grade classroom with a teacher I love!
Thanks for sharing ladies