Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Education (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/education-f294/)
-   -   Male Teacher Appreciation Ideas (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/education-f294/male-teacher-appreciation-ideas-t514875.html)

jmscoping 12-14-2010 07:46 PM

Male Teacher Appreciation Ideas

My daughter has 5 male teachers...

I need ideas for something to give them.

They all got Starbucks gift cards for Christmas - BORING.

I want something I can make and do for them...

PH in VA 12-15-2010 06:30 AM

What about altered clipboards?

joystamp4 12-16-2010 06:36 AM

monogrammed notecards

Novell 12-16-2010 06:45 AM

My younger son has a male teacher this year. The teacher likes to play the guitar. I got lucky.... went to an artisan fair and found a lovely wooden bookmark with a guitar miter-cut into it. So cool! And my son says he liked it... bonus!

Sorry, that doesn't help you much but I'd try to find out what the teacher likes and go from there (as in if a sports fan, make something sports themed or if a music fan, make something music themed)

Novell 12-16-2010 06:46 AM

what about some homebaked goodies? Those are gender neutral and always appreciated.

snowcountry311 12-16-2010 04:24 PM

keyring-made w/ school colors

Mary56 12-30-2010 08:44 AM

wife of male teacher here -- my DH LOVES coffee so he ends up with several gift cards, he treated us all to breakfast at the local coffee shop -- where they comped our coffees anyway! Monogrammed cards are excellent -- DH is, as we speak, writing his thank you notes for all his gift cards, I happen to know male teachers love getting a little stationery set. :) Altered clipboard is also an excellent idea -- a calendar for the classroom; personalized $1 frame from Michael's, something your student made!

bambi64 12-31-2010 10:51 AM

I gave our male teacher the same thing I give the female teachers... name frame. He loved it. I used fish on it as he loves to fish. It is now displayed proudly in his classroom window. He also got a set of personalized cards during the year from us too.

RiverIsis 12-31-2010 02:01 PM

My roundtuit died a few years ago but I picked up camoflage buckets and camo pencils for a male teacher present and ran out of steam. I always envision making a pencil bouquet.

K_McBurnett 02-23-2011 03:32 PM

Food is always a good choice. I know the guys I teach with love it when they get goodies (as long as they know it came from someone "safe").

inkyimages 02-23-2011 05:27 PM

What about Netflix gift certificates? Everyone likes to watch a good move now and again.

CmigoCrafting 09-25-2011 07:04 AM

Bookmarks or paper weight are always good. I gave my daughter's male principal one that I made from a big rock I had. I painted it with metallic sliver paint and you can stamp write, or use rub ons for his name or initial. Also for the male teacher I bought a design your own paper weight kit and made a paper weight with the teacher's initial or monogram. You can also do the same with the photo coasters. I gave those along with a small gift card