Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Boooooooo Wwwwhhhhhooo!!!! It's October ... the time of gorgeous colorful leaves, jack-o-lanterns, spooks and fall fun! This month, let's try to use a fall theme for our progressive pages!
Don’t know what a Progressive Challenge is? Go here to learn.
PLEASE NOTE! All are welcome to play--whether they be digi, paper or hybrid scrappers. Just as the digi-scrappers sometimes have to change up the instructions a little to fit their digi needs when doing a traditional challenge, the "traditional" scrappers might have to improvise on some of the digi techniques. It should make things interesting!
1. Layer 2 or more 12x12” papers and blend them using various blend modes, reduced opacity, edge brushes, overlays, brush effects--whatever you want to do to create you own, unique paper. Experiment!
2. Add one photo or a cluster or collage of smaller photos. (Photo(s) should cover about 4” to 6” of the page. Try to keep them in the approximate center of the page. (Slightly offset is fine too.)
3. Add a frame or mat background to the photo(s).
4. Add a patterned piece/strip of paper that extends into the page from either the left or right edge, which also tucks partway under the photo(s). If desired, add one or two more paper layers or strips (plain or patterned) beneath or partly overlapping the patterned piece.
-Remember to first save your page in its original version to maintain your layers, so you'll be able to make changes/additions in Task 2.
- Save your page for the web as a .jpg (600x600 or less) & upload to the Challenge 5-Task 1 Gallery by adding the keyword DGSCPR005Task1 when you upload. Please also post a link to this week’s work in this thread.
This one took me a while, I had fun creating a background paper, tried something else but it didn't work (its on the back of the paper) so tweaked it to use different inks and was really happy with it. Thanks for the challenge wendy!
It's Extra Fun Day for the Progressive Challenges!! I've added a challenge for you since we finished up our October pages last week.
Anyone is welcome to play--digi or traditional scrappers!! If you didn't get to do the October challenge yet (or any other month's challenge, for that matter) it's never too late to start! Just begin on Task 1 for any month and go from there!