Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Digital Scrapbooking (Tuesdays) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking-tuesdays-f253/)
-   -   DGSC090 - Recipe for Holiday Ads (11.20.12) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking-tuesdays-f253/dgsc090-recipe-holiday-ads-11-20-12-a-t564684.html)

wendella247 11-19-2012 09:55 PM

DGSC090 - Recipe for Holiday Ads (11.20.12)
 
1 Attachment(s)
This week’s challenge is from pattyb and is a perfect fit for this time of year:

Time for the Holiday Advertisements!

The challenge is to
replicate this Fanny Farmer Holiday Candy vintage flyer (attached below –or- See the ad here: Again and Again Fanny Farmer Christmas Candy ad 1959 )

For this recipe you will need:
  1. Your choice of colors and theme!
  2. Try to use five photos (but you can use less if you want.)
  3. Give your page an old fashioned or vintage look.
  4. Your journaling block is on the left side.
  5. Begin your Title with a flourish behind just one letter
  6. Add a background layer that is even with your journaling block & title at the top.
  7. Add second journaling block that goes across the bottom to the right side
  8. Finish the lower right corner of your page with a fancy embellishment accent.

    Please add the keywords DGSC090 and SBC12NOV . I haven't done a page yet, but hope to get to one soon!


smadson 11-20-2012 11:09 AM

Okay, this intrigues me. (I mean to say it is challenging!) I might have to try to do a traditional for this one, Wendy!
:)

Sharon

wendella247 11-20-2012 11:48 AM

That would be awesome, Sharon! Hope you do!

Kim Gehring 11-20-2012 01:33 PM

Ooh this looks like fun! It makes my inner graphic designer happy. :D There's no deadline to finish, right?

Wendy, when you get a free minute, would you mind hopping over to the main digiscrapping forum to see if you can answer the questions I posted? You may not know the answers but maybe you could point me in the right direction. I may have even posted in the wrong forum....this place is just SO big it's going to take a while to figure it all out. :lol:

wendella247 11-21-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Gehring (Post 19837442)
Ooh this looks like fun! It makes my inner graphic designer happy. :D There's no deadline to finish, right?

Wendy, when you get a free minute, would you mind hopping over to the main digiscrapping forum to see if you can answer the questions I posted? You may not know the answers but maybe you could point me in the right direction. I may have even posted in the wrong forum....this place is just SO big it's going to take a while to figure it all out. :lol:

Yes, it is a big site, but less daunting if you're mostly a digiscrapper. No deadline to finish anything. Sometimes we set time limits for specific challenges, but they're mostly to help us get pages done or if you want your creation to be judged for favorites, which thus far has only been for VSBNs (Virtual Scrapbook Weekends.)

Sorry I forgot to get back to you over there yesterday! I'm headed there now!

FMcrafter 11-22-2012 01:53 PM

ok....interesting...really need to wait till someone makes something cause my brain is just going poof!!!!

wendella247 11-25-2012 09:24 AM

I finally finished my page for Patty's challenge!

Over the Hill???

This took some thought, but I'm happy with the results!

pattyb 11-25-2012 10:14 AM

Wendy I love your page and I'm glad people are "challenged" by my challenge ;)

Diane Malcor 11-27-2012 12:50 PM

Thanks Patty for a wonderful challenge! Here are my pages:
Little River Zoo 1 by Diane Malcor - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Little River Zoo 2 by Diane Malcor - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

3Fries 11-28-2012 08:32 PM

Awww heck....now I feel the need to get a more vintage alphabet for my page. Sometimes spending money with digital is just toooo easy....

wendella247 11-28-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Fries (Post 19854896)
Awww heck....now I feel the need to get a more vintage alphabet for my page. Sometimes spending money with digital is just toooo easy....

I'm quite good at spending on traditional scrap supplies as well! ;)

3Fries 11-28-2012 09:40 PM

Well, I managed to hold off on that digital alphabet set I was sure I needed. I really like the way my page turned out because its pics of our cute little pup and her momma. I chose vintage inspired papers, so I think it managed to maintain a vintage feel.

3Fries Elsie Juliette by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for the tough challenge Patty!!

Toucan Scraps 12-04-2012 07:39 AM

This one ended up taking me outside my comfort zone, thanks for the inspiration.
Shugborough Hall by Toucan Scraps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

wendella247 12-04-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toucan Scraps (Post 19865822)
This one ended up taking me outside my comfort zone, thanks for the inspiration.
Shugborough Hall by Toucan Scraps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Yeah, it took me out of my comfort zone too! I love what you and Terri did with your pages!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:54 PM.