Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Digital Scrapbooking (Tuesdays) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking-tuesdays-f253/)
-   -   DGSC078 - Using Curves - 08/28/12 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking-tuesdays-f253/dgsc078-using-curves-08-28-12-a-t560044.html)

Diane Malcor 08-27-2012 05:56 PM

DGSC078 - Using Curves - 08/28/12

This challenge is all about Curves! With this challenge in mind, use a punch that you haven't used before, or showcase your photos in a new way, or maybe just give your title some movement. It's all about curves this week....so don't be square! ;)

In your scrapbook this week try to incorporate one or all of these items:
- Add punches with curves
- Add a title 'wave'
- Add photos with rounded corners (or any shape...just not square)

Here are my sample pages:
National Zoo 1 by Diane Malcor - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
National Zoo 2 by Diane Malcor - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

You may view all submissions created with this challenge here:
dgsc078 - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

Please add keyword DGSC078 when uploading to add your wonderful creation to this gallery. Also, please take a minute to post a link to your sample page on this thread so we won’t miss seeing your work!

"PLEASE NOTE!* Although this is in the digiscrap threads, anyone is welcome to play--whether they're a digi, paper or hybrid scrapper.* Just as the digiscrappers, when doing a traditional challenge, sometimes have to change up the instructions a little to fit their digi needs, the traditional scrappers might have to improvise on some of the digi techniques.* It should make things interesting!"

I look forward to seeing your pages!

Should you have any questions, please feel free to post them here - or - PM directly to me.

Have fun!
Diane =)

wendella247 08-28-2012 07:38 AM

This is a good challenge! I think everyone--digi and non-digi alike can have fun with this one. Thanks, Diane, for hosting this week!

papertrail 08-29-2012 05:48 AM

Hi! Super fun challenge! I've uploaded my photo and hopefully it's in the right spot! (This is my first SCS challenge!)

This is my layout: Six Flags Fun

Diane Malcor 08-29-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papertrail (Post 19650357)
Hi! Super fun challenge! I've uploaded my photo and hopefully it's in the right spot! (This is my first SCS challenge!)

This is my layout: Six Flags Fun

Cori... you've created a wonderful page! And, Yes.... you got it in the right place! Thanks for playing in this weeks challenge! =)

papertrail 08-29-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diane Malcor (Post 19650563)
Cori... you've created a wonderful page! And, Yes.... you got it in the right place! Thanks for playing in this weeks challenge! =)

Yay! Thank you! I'm so happy to have found your digi challenges! :D

wendella247 08-29-2012 09:25 AM

I did a dps using wave-like curves in the background and curvy piles of sand:

left: Day at the Beach-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
right: Day at the Beach-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
both sides: Day at the Beach-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks so much for the inspiration, Diane. What a fun challenge!

Diane Malcor 08-29-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247 (Post 19650805)
I did a dps using wave-like curves in the background and curvy piles of sand:

left: Day at the Beach-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
right: Day at the Beach-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
both sides: Day at the Beach-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks so much for the inspiration, Diane. What a fun challenge!

Wonderful pages Wendy! Love the background and the sand, as well as the flag banner in the corner! Great job with the challenge! =)

lori92760 09-10-2012 11:39 AM

phew!

i have been having computer issues and i think i have them "mostly" resolved. this very simple layout took me the better part of two weeks to complete, between crashes!

here it is

Diane Malcor 09-10-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760 (Post 19677025)
i have been having computer issues and i think i have them "mostly" resolved. this very simple layout took me the better part of two weeks to complete, between crashes!

here it is

Lori...your page is a lovely addition to the DGSC078 - Curve Challenge. It was worth the wait! Thanks for playing along.

wendella247 09-10-2012 07:46 PM

Your page is awesome, Lori, but isn't it written in digiscrappers law somewhere that the word "crashes" is not permitted to be spoken or written for fear of contagion? :)