Hello! And welcome to our Digital Scrapbooking challenges here at SCS. I'm Nicole, your hostess, and I'm super excited to be here! It's my goal to bring you a challenge each week that will inspire you and help you get your favorite memories into your books. I try to keep things simple enough for anyone who's brand new to digi, but still have a challenge that's challenging enough to interest those of you who are veteran digi scrappers!
For a listing of ALL Digital Challenges, check in here: DGC Master List
Here's week's challenge!
The Challenge: DGC065 - Embracing White Space
Here is my layout:
- This week we will be creating a layout with lots of "white space." You must leave a lot of empty space
on your page.
- For this challenge, you may only use 7 elements
(I'm counting everything, even frames, labels and journaling cards).
Get Your Gold Stars:
- Use a plaid piece of paper somewhere on your page.
- Go "monochromatic" by limiting yourself to the use of one color.
Tips & Tricks:
- There aren't that many tips and tricks to share about how to make a white space layout. You just have to play around until the position of things feels right to you. Try hugging a corner of your paper, verses adding things to the center. Other than that, there are few rules, besides leaving lots of open space on your page.
- Don't even know where to begin with digi scrapping? Check out this lens on Squidoo for some tips on Getting Started with Digital Scrapbooking
The Fine Print:
Here is all your need to know info: SBC's Information Thread
You can view all submissions for this challenge here: DGC065 Gallery
To add your page to this gallery, just add DGC065
to your keywords. Please also add SBC11SEP
in the keywords. This makes it easier for us to search and find your layouts.
Please remember to come back and post a link in this thread so we won’t miss seeing your work! And be sure to leave a little love for others when they leave love for you.