Hello! And welcome to our Digital Scrapbooking challenges here at SCS. I'm Nicole, your hostess, and I'm super excited to be here! It's my goal to bring you a challenge each week that will inspire you and help you get your favorite memories into your books. I try to keep things simple enough for anyone who's brand new to digi, but still have a challenge that's challenging enough to interest those of you who are veteran digi scrappers!
For a listing of ALL Digital Challenges, check in here: DGC Master List
Here's week's challenge!
The Challenge: DGC064 - Word Art Wonders
Here is my layout:
- This week we will be playing with word art! Your challenge is to use at least 3 pieces of word art to compliment your journaling
. For my page here, I used a handwriten set of word art and made my journaling fit each sentiment.
- For this challenge, you must use at least one leaf element
(a paper with leaves on it would count, too).
- Use a 12 inch long element
, whether that be a 12 in. long stamp (like I used here--the little circles), or a straight ribbon that is 12 in. long, or a paper strip (even one that you make), etc.
Get Your Gold Stars:
- Go photoless and journal all over your page!
- Try working with a light, white or softly patterned background paper you can directly journal on.
Tips & Tricks:
- When playing with word art and text, remember to use those magical leading and kearning tools that we talked about for DSC0.
- Do you have word art that is black? You can do a few different things with it! Try using a blend mode on it (see DSC0). Try doing a Color Overlay on the text layer (that's a Style). That will allow you to sample any color you want to make the text of the word art piece coordinate with your layout.
- Don't even know where to begin with digi scrapping? Check out this lens on Squidoo for some tips on Getting Started with Digital Scrapbooking
The Fine Print:
Here is all your need to know info: SBC's Information Thread
You can view all submissions for this challenge here: DGC064 Gallery
To add your page to this gallery, just add DGC064
to your keywords. Please also add SBC11SEP
in the keywords. This makes it easier for us to search and find your layouts.
Please remember to come back and post a link in this thread so we won’t miss seeing your work! And be sure to leave a little love for others when they leave love for you.