Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
AUGUST 2012-Task 3-DIGISCRAP PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE (DGSCPR003Task3)
Welcome once again to the August progressive scrap! I've enjoyed the variety of pages in the gallery this month and hope you've enjoyed playing!
[Don’t know what a Progressive Challenge is? Go here to learn.]
PLEASE NOTE! Although this is in the digiscrap threads, anyone is welcome to play--whether they're a digi, paper or hybrid scrapper. Just as the digiscrappers, when doing a traditional challenge, sometimes have to change up the instructions a little to fit their digi needs, the traditional scrappers might have to improvise on some of the digi techniques. It should make things interesting!
PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE #3 – TASK 3 (AUGUST 2012)
We have one more week after this, so keep that in mind when working on your page this week.
1. Add a title. Try using a bold alpha from a kit or make your own title by adding effects to a font. Play around with your title and maybe learn something new about your program.
2. Journaling. If your photos lend themselves to journaling, add at least two lines. Otherwise, add a quote, word art or other effect using words.
3. Date: Put your date on some kind of label, tag, bookplate, etc.
Be sure you’ve added shadows where appropriate. They help make your page pop and add a little dimension.
Next week we’ll add some final touches.
- Save your page in its original version to maintain your layers, so you'll be able to make changes/additions in Task 3.
- Save your page for the web as a .jpg (600x600 or less) & upload to the Challenge 3-Task 3 Gallery by adding the keyword DGSCPR003Task3 when you upload. Please also post this week’s work in this thread.
Reminder: When uploading your page to your gallery, on the Gallery Image Upload Page, choose the category “Scrapbooking/ Digital Scrapping” rather than “Scrapbooking/Progressive Pages,” since that “Progressive Pages” refers to a method of scrapping different from our progressive challenge.
ahhhhh. i told my kids when i left for work, that i NEEDED a tidy kitchen and vacuumed floors when i got home. they did it and left before i got home in case i had more chores in mind. my house is quiet and i got to work a litte bit. so here is my august task 3
i may take advantage of this time and do the other digital challenge before i have to go to an appt. whoo hooo!
Been thinking of what to do for this challenge and finally got some time. I added a title cut with my big shot and I stamped just a little of the same image from the corner of the page on the bottom of the letters, a quote from my stash and a little tag for the date. I have to get onto the storage drive and check the date on the pictures so I will add that by the next task!