08-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
AUGUST 2012-Task 3-DIGISCRAP PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE (DGSCPR003Task3)
Welcome once again to the August progressive scrap! I've enjoyed the variety of pages in the gallery this month and hope you've enjoyed playing!
[Don’t know what a Progressive Challenge is? Go here to learn.]
PLEASE NOTE! Although this is in the digiscrap threads, anyone is welcome to play--whether they're a digi, paper or hybrid scrapper. Just as the digiscrappers, when doing a traditional challenge, sometimes have to change up the instructions a little to fit their digi needs, the traditional scrappers might have to improvise on some of the digi techniques. It should make things interesting!
PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE #3 – TASK 3 (AUGUST 2012)
We have one more week after this, so keep that in mind when working on your page this week.
1. Add a title. Try using a bold alpha from a kit or make your own title by adding effects to a font. Play around with your title and maybe learn something new about your program.
2. Journaling. If your photos lend themselves to journaling, add at least two lines. Otherwise, add a quote, word art or other effect using words.
3. Date: Put your date on some kind of label, tag, bookplate, etc.
Be sure you’ve added shadows where appropriate. They help make your page pop and add a little dimension.
Next week we’ll add some final touches.
- Save your page in its original version to maintain your layers, so you'll be able to make changes/additions in Task 3.
- Save your page for the web as a .jpg (600x600 or less) & upload to the Challenge 3-Task 3 Gallery by adding the keyword DGSCPR003Task3 when you upload. Please also post this week’s work in this thread.
Reminder: When uploading your page to your gallery, on the Gallery Image Upload Page, choose the category “Scrapbooking/ Digital Scrapping” rather than “Scrapbooking/Progressive Pages,” since that “Progressive Pages” refers to a method of scrapping different from our progressive challenge.
Have fun! Don’t forget to leave some praise for your fellow challenge takers!
Last edited by wendella247; 08-31-2012 at 02:13 PM..