Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #41
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
I also printed a sentiment from one of the disks and cut it out with a Nestie
Most of my family live near me. I have been writing sentiments on my computer and cutting them out with my Nesties. I can't use the same sentiment for two people's cards. With digi disks I can use a sentiment once and it didn't cost much

Does anyone know if there are just digi sentiments or greetings ?
There are quite a few of the stamp brush sets that are just sentiments. Often digital exclusives.

Even without MDS, you can use the stamp brush set images easily in word to print a sentiment!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

Not to point you to something other than SU! but have you checked out Gotta Pixel? Just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJinSpringpatach View Post
IKR? Between SU and My Memories, a girl could lose her mind (and a good chunk of change) - not that I'd know anything about that. Not to mention digiscrapping just about any event possible.

A couple of months ago, I posted that I was looking for running stamps. I found a nice rubber set, but hit the jackpot on My Memories with a really cute Marathon Runner set. I LOVE it!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #43
Cardstock Collector

I'm also curious about the SU program. I've never done digital scrapbooking before, but I am thinking of trying it. Is the version with all the extras worth it? I looked at the included downloads and only a few of them really appealed to me. Or do I just not know what I like because I have done this with the computer before?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #44
Die Cut Diva

I just bought the "version with all the extras" last night. Haven't installed it yet, but I figure at 50% off, it will save me some money on the basics and give me enough to play around with that i won't feel I need to buy more right away.

You can do a 30 day free trial of the program, but it's only 50% off until Wed. Nov 28th.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisende View Post
I'm also curious about the SU program. I've never done digital scrapbooking before, but I am thinking of trying it. Is the version with all the extras worth it? I looked at the included downloads and only a few of them really appealed to me. Or do I just not know what I like because I have done this with the computer before?
I made the mistake of thinking the extras weren't worth it. I had used MDS.
Even at full price I would have been better to get the plus version.

In fact, I'm regretting that decision so much that it looks like I'll get MDS2+ even though I already have some of what is in it. Because I'll regret it if I don't get it while it's half price.

So ... learn from my mistake ... get the extras now.

(Full disclosure: I am a SU! demo ... but my decision has nothing to do with that ... )
Old 11-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nillysilly_ol'bear View Post
even if you only print out papers and the stamps, it is well worth the price for the 2+. think of how much you spend on paper packs or stamp sets. these are saved on your computer and can be re-sized to suit your project. the stamps can even be colored to suit each project prior to printing and you never have to worry about whether they ink properly on the paper. you ALWAYS have the paper on hand and never ever run out!

nope, I'm not a demo, but yes, used to be. tee hee! you truly won't regret the purchase while it's on sale.
Maybe it's time to come back and join us again!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #47
Cardstock Collector

Thanks, guys! I guess I'm leaning towards the more expensive version right now, especially if it is 50% off! I was waffling about whether it was worth paying an extra $40 for the additional downloads, but with the sale it seems much more reasonable.

I still wish we could by MDS2+ and pick our own choice of $500 in digital downloads, though.